PDA

View Full Version : there has to be a hole here

bobspldbckwrds
2010-08-07, 08:35 PM
so, when planning out a sorcerer, i started looking at what i could do with enervation, and i realized that through the use of arcane thesis, maximize spell, split ray and black lore of moil i can inflict 22 negative levels (1d4+3d6 maximized) to two targets at 14th level, costing me 75gp per casting.

now, i get the feeling that i am missing something here, or that i made some kind of error here, and would like you to point it out to me if you see it. if i didn't mess this up, i do believe that i am going to be making my dm cry soon.

Kylarra
2010-08-07, 08:45 PM
The part where Black Lore of Moil inflicts damage and not negative levels, perhaps?

Although really there are lots of arcane thesis cheesed out things you can do with negative levels, so I guess don't feel bad that this one failed.

bobspldbckwrds
2010-08-07, 09:06 PM
thanks, i knew something wasn't right with it, and i am glad that you found it. back to the drawing board, i guess. i knew that it was a bit to insane to be that easy. back to the books.

Flickerdart
2010-08-07, 09:52 PM
Repeat Spell and Twin Spell are the other metamagics used to cheese out Enervation. It's ~40 negative levels with those, IIRC.