PDA

View Full Version : Need Level Design Help (Eladrin Mad-Scientist)

unimaginable
2010-08-08, 01:53 AM
So, there's an Eladrin mad scientist with a base on the Beastlands. He's still CG... his mad invention is a machine that produces massive amounts of Positive Energy. Tomorrow, the party gets to see his base.

Encounter should go roughly as follows:

PCs approach the base; lots of description. They enter and have to survive a challenge or two, but then the guy in charge presents himself, is friendly, and gives them a tour, pointing out various mad-sciencey traps they could've stumbled upon before showing them his beloved machine.

So... I need description and I need amusing/interesting traps.

One way of resolving the current plot arch would culminate in a reverse fight where the machine will break and flood the area with Positive energy, so they need to heal the opponent and hurt themselves. After defeating him they'll have to run through the level, using the traps on the way to hurt themselves so as to survive the excessive Positive energy. So the idea is to show them the traps and see how many they remember. First I need some ideas for traps, though.

Got any? Going for a steam-punk aesthetic here... again, this takes place on the Beastlands in the midst of a forest gone uber, except this will take place entirely inside.