PDA

View Full Version : Child Horror 3.5 Template

zenanarchist
2010-08-08, 04:07 AM
CHILD HORROR TEMPLATE

LA +1

Child horrors are exceptionally smart and charming and very, very devious. Able to talk their way past most situations and into the trust of the individuals… Just prior to slaughtering them in cold blood. However, they are very weak and frail of frame and despite their small size are not incredibly lithe or dexterous. Child horrors do not age beyond the age at which they escaped prison. They forever remain a child.

This acquired template can be applied to any fey, giant, humanoid, or monstrous humanoid.

Reduce the base creature's size by one category (large to medium, medium to small, etc), with all the benefits and drawbacks thereof except for stat adjustments. Increase all base speeds by 10 feet, to a maximum of 40ft. Type changes to aberration though a child horror does not have any proficiencies that its base type would not grant.

Strength -4, Constitution -2, Wisdom +2, Intelligence +4, Charisma +2

A child horror has a +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks.

Darkvision 60 feet

Special

Terrifying Visage

A child horror may choose, a number of ties per day equal to their Charisma modifier (minimum 1/day), to take on a horrible visage. This ability consumes a swift action, and lasts a number of rounds equal to their 2x their Charisma Score. Their teeth elongate to sharp fangs, their eyes becoming pure black soulless pits, their skin breaking apart and tearing as blood seeps from their facial orifices.

While a child horror is using this ability they gain a +1 racial bonus to Intimidate checks per every HD they possess and a bite attack that deals 1d4 points of damage (if small. If the size is different, scale accordingly). However, they take a -10 penalty to any Diplomacy or Wild Empathy checks during this time.

Additionally, the child horror gains a gaze attack with a range of 50 feet +10 feet per hit die possessed by the child horror. A Will save (Save DC 10+1/2 HD+Cha) possibly negates this effect. The effect of the gaze attack is as follows.

• HD 1 to 4: Shaken, Will Negates
• HD 5 to 10: Frightened, Will Negates
• HD 11 to 15: Panicked, Will Partial (Shaken)
• HD 16 to 20: Cowering, Will Partial (Shaken)

Any effects from the gaze attack last 1d6 rounds.

nolispe
2010-08-08, 04:14 AM
A: What class are you talking about?
B: What prision? Can you give an explanation for exactly when they would recive this template?
C: What is the CR adjustment/LA on this?
D: No fluff text. What is a "Child Horror"? Explain.

devinkowalczyk
2010-08-08, 01:29 PM
I would leave dex as is. Small kids and be particularly wilely. They are, however, not very quick of the feet. so maybe a reduction in speed?

And I dont think the effects should be dismissable. Fear overrides everything

Owrtho
2010-08-08, 03:12 PM
This makes me think of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uWDfA26LyM#t=6m11s).

Owrtho

zenanarchist
2010-08-08, 05:31 PM
A: What class are you talking about?
B: What prision? Can you give an explanation for exactly when they would recive this template?
C: What is the CR adjustment/LA on this?
D: No fluff text. What is a "Child Horror"? Explain.

No LA on this, I incurred large penalties in attributes to balance out the bonuses. After you take this you're weak as hell, not very dexterous and don't have many hit points. I felt it was balanced....Am i wrong or...?

Also, I copied this from a class I made....so some of the information didn't get changed. It's intended for the homebrew Child of Kharak-Stain. I'll copy the relevant information to here. I will fluff it out, I just needed somewhere to put it when I copied it from the character design.

I would leave dex as is. Small kids and be particularly wilely. They are, however, not very quick of the feet. so maybe a reduction in speed?

And I dont think the effects should be dismissable. Fear overrides everything

Hmmm I felt I needed the Dex penalty to balance out the big bonuses in other areas...??

Also, reduction in speed....Fair call, maybe 30?

The effects aren't dismissable, the ability is dismissable...I should replace where I wrote that.

This makes me think of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uWDfA26LyM#t=6m11s).

Owrtho

Unfortunately I'm at work. Quick run down of the video?

DracoDei
2010-08-09, 09:04 AM
What does their visage do at levels 16+?

Kurtmuran
2010-08-09, 10:44 AM
hahaha evilgrin* i like it for an enemy to the nex adventure i want to do

Ajadea
2010-08-09, 12:53 PM
Mental stats are generally considered to be worth less than physical stats so how about:

CHILD HORROR TEMPLATE

Child horrors are exceptionally smart and charming and very, very devious. Able to talk their way past most situations and into the trust of the individuals… Just prior to slaughtering them in cold blood. However, they are very weak and frail of frame and despite their small size are not incredibly lithe or dexterous. Child horrors do not age beyond the age at which they escaped prison. They forever remain a child.

This acquired template can be applied to any fey, giant, humanoid, or monstrous humanoid.

Reduce the base creature's size by one category (large to medium, medium to small, etc), with all the benefits and drawbacks thereof except for stat adjustments. Reduce all base speeds by 10 feet, to a minimum of 10 feet per round. Type changes to aberration (maybe?), though a child horror does not have any proficiencies that its base type would not grant.

A child horror has a +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks.

Darkvision 60 feet

Special

Terrifying Visage

A child horror may choose, a number of ties per day equal to their Charisma modifier (minimum 1/day), to take on a horrible visage. This ability consumes a swift action, and lasts a number of rounds equal to their 2x their Charisma Score. Their teeth elongate to sharp fangs, their eyes becoming pure black soulless pits, their skin breaking apart and tearing as blood seeps from their facial orifices.

While a child horror is using this ability they gain a +1 racial bonus to Intimidate checks per every HD they possess and a bite attack that deals 1d4 points of damage (if small. If the size is different, scale accordingly). However, they take a -10 penalty to any Diplomacy or Wild Empathy checks during this time.

Additionally, the child horror gains a gaze attack with a range of 50 feet +10 feet per hit die possessed by the child horror. A Will save (Save DC 10+1/2 HD+Cha) possibly negates this effect. The effect of the gaze attack is as follows.

Any effects from the gaze attack last 5d6 rounds.

zenanarchist
2010-08-09, 05:35 PM
Mental stats are generally considered to be worth less than physical stats so how about:

CHILD HORROR TEMPLATE

Reduce the base creature's size by one category (large to medium, medium to small, etc), with all the benefits and drawbacks thereof except for stat adjustments. Reduce all base speeds by 10 feet, to a minimum of 10 feet per round. Type changes to aberration (maybe?), though a child horror does not have any proficiencies that its base type would not grant.

Darkvision 60 feet

Special

Terrifying Visage

I like. Changed.

Temotei
2010-08-10, 02:41 AM

Good bonuses for casters with minor drawbacks (Strength is useless and Constitution -2 isn't that bad for +2/+4 to a casting stat). Careful with that.

Okay.

Darkvision 60 feet

Okay.

Terrifying Visage

Change the save DC to 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha modifier.

What's the level adjustment of the template?

Mystic Muse
2010-08-10, 02:42 AM
Does the Child horror have an alignment restriction? It seems like there should be one but I didn't see one.

Ajadea
2010-08-10, 12:18 PM
I meant to say Charisma modifier, not Charisma!

The OP designed it as a +0 LA template, but I think +1 would fit it better.

The template would probably twist the minds of the creatures it was applied to, so the alignment of the resulting creature should probably be Any Evil.

zenanarchist
2010-08-10, 05:26 PM
I meant to say Charisma modifier, not Charisma!

The OP designed it as a +0 LA template, but I think +1 would fit it better.

The template would probably twist the minds of the creatures it was applied to, so the alignment of the resulting creature should probably be Any Evil.

I did intend it as +0, but have changed it to +1 for balance.

devinkowalczyk
2010-08-10, 09:41 PM
5d6 rounds, that is a long time, longer then dragons I believe (for a fear effect).
I would suggest toneing it down to no more than 2d6, prolly around 2d4.

zenanarchist
2010-08-12, 06:31 PM
5d6 rounds, that is a long time, longer then dragons I believe (for a fear effect).
I would suggest toneing it down to no more than 2d6, prolly around 2d4.

Fixed. 1d6. woops at 5d6, just a LITTLE too long there.