PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus NO Plot] An Infailible Plan

Morty
2010-08-08, 01:56 PM
Somewhere in the land of the Nexus, NO members begin to gather under their fearless leader Dipsnig to lure Jack Empty into a cunning trap.
((More description to come once the plan takes some more shape.))

Reinholdt
2010-08-08, 03:44 PM
Vincent, RPG main character, little kid, big muscles, overcompensating sword, stands up. "Seriously. There's three of us here besides me. That's a party of four, which is the perfect number." For an RPG group.

"I say we get started now."

billtodamax
2010-08-09, 01:56 AM
Where are we going to do this? I figure it'll be best if I set up the spell there first, and then blast Jack with as many spells as I can. Rebecca says. How are we getting him here, anyway?

Morty
2010-08-09, 07:20 AM
We'll have to lure him, obviously. I'm not sure how, yet.

nanobot_swarm
2010-08-09, 08:00 AM
A message appears on the TSA-1's screen:
Perhaps we can stage a drug deal, where he may be hired to help see it go smoothly, and then we ambush him during the exchange.

Morty
2010-08-09, 08:21 AM
That might work, I suppose.

Reinholdt
2010-08-09, 08:22 AM
"Does he like characters in drag? Maybe we could lure him that way." Vincent asks.

Morty
2010-08-10, 09:04 AM
What? No. Dipsnig isn't very angry or surprised, though. We know he's a standard-grade psychopatic killer; we've got them in spades in the Nexus. So maybe we'll lure him to a false orphanage or something. Dipsnig snickers. But in all seriousness, he'll be expecting a trap.

Reinholdt
2010-08-10, 09:07 AM
"I object to the use of an orphanage false or otherwise. Cause then I'd have to have some emo flashbacks and bonding cut scenes." :smallannoyed: Having come from an orphanage.

"Why will he expect a trap? Does he know we're after him?"

Morty
2010-08-10, 09:09 AM
I wasn't being serious, Vincent. As for why he'll be expecting us - from what our contractor told us, he's a nasty piece of work and has done a lot of evil already. So he's most definetly aware that someone will try to off him.

Reinholdt
2010-08-10, 09:12 AM
"But... but you never joke." :smalleek: This is terrifying.

"What exactly DO we know about this guy?"

Morty
2010-08-10, 09:20 AM
Name's Jack Empty. He's super-powerful and nigh-unkillable, supposedly. He's literally empty and hollow, making it hard to injure or stop him. Hence our plan to use bludgeoning weapons, restraints and tons of concrete.

Reinholdt
2010-08-10, 09:32 AM
"So we have no idea what he likes? Maybe we could just call him up and tell him that we have a job for a man of his talents and ask to meet?"

Morty
2010-08-10, 09:33 AM
Good enough for a start, I guess. Dipsnig shrugs. We'd have to be careful, of course.

Murkus
2010-08-10, 09:51 AM
Dipsnig might suddenly get a phone call from Dr. Adrian Rein. If the goblin picks up, he'll find the Doctor sounding very flustered. "Dipsnig. I need an update on the Jack Empty job."

Morty
2010-08-10, 09:52 AM
Dipsnig answers the phone. Quite a coincidence. We're currently preparing a trap for him.

Murkus
2010-08-10, 09:55 AM
The Doctor's tone brightens up a bit. "Really? G-great. I just... I think he's planning something for me and my daughter. I need that sonovabitch gone. As soon as possible."

Morty
2010-08-10, 09:57 AM
We'll do what we can, Doc. And hope like hell it works. Dipsnig has some serious doubts about the plan's effectiveness. But then, he's a pessimist.

Murkus
2010-08-10, 09:59 AM
"Do you need any information? Anything I can tell you about him?" The Doctor asks, calm once again.

Morty
2010-08-10, 10:01 AM
If we throw him into a deep well and fill it with concrete after putting a dimensional lock on him, do you think he'll have a chance of escaping?

Murkus
2010-08-10, 10:09 AM
Adrian's quiet for a long moment. "Well. If you can actually manage to do all that, then... I'm not really sure. The dimensional lock, or anchor, or whatever, would have to be a permanent spell. And a powerful one."

"You'd also have to relieve him of any Objects in his possession. Those 538 things I was telling you about?" The Doctor takes a moment to breath. "They don't like to be kept in one boring place for long."

"Besides that... I think that might work."

Morty
2010-08-10, 10:12 AM
Our mage claims the spell will hold. She's been working on it for a long time. And we'll be sure to take his posessions, then.

Murkus
2010-08-10, 10:16 AM
"Great. Great then." There's a strange, sucking sound in the background. "O-oh. Sorry Dipsnig. I've got to tend to my plants. Good luck, and if you need any more help, just give me a call."

Morty
2010-08-10, 10:19 AM
Actually, Doc, one more question. Dipsnig has some suspicions about the sucking sound and is now trying to discern if there's any difference about the voice which is speaking now and Dr. Rein's voice. Do you know how many of those obects he might have?

Murkus
2010-08-10, 10:31 AM
There's a laugh. A tittering, distorted one. The voice that comes through the phone after the sucking sound is distinctly not Adrian's.

By the way, the sucking sound resembled someone being pulled out an airlock, as if they were simply pulled through along with oxygen.

"All of them, in a sense."

Morty
2010-08-10, 10:33 AM
Dipsnig connects the dots in a split-second. He hangs up. Guys, I think we might have been discovered.

Reinholdt
2010-08-10, 10:36 AM
"Oh. Well with any luck, he's not a complete coward and will come to us instead. Honestly though, asking a complete stranger if they'd think the plan would work? What were you thinking?" :smallconfused:

Morty
2010-08-10, 10:39 AM
That wasn't a complete stranger, that was the guy who hired us. Obviously, our target got to him. Meaning noone's going to pay us now, but we'll have to kill Jack Empty anyway.

Reinholdt
2010-08-10, 10:41 AM
"The xp will be worth it, trust me. And you'll probably get some gp too. But what are these objects you mentioned? Are they valuable?"

Morty
2010-08-10, 10:45 AM
Dipsnig shrugs. Powerful artifacts of some sort. Our target has at least one and we were promised another one as payment.

Reinholdt
2010-08-10, 10:47 AM
"They'll have to be our payment then. It'd be nice if we knew what they did though." Vincent shrugs. "I should probably go fight random encounters to level up and get ready. Wanna come?"

Morty
2010-08-10, 10:51 AM
Dipsnig has an answer ready. I'm an NPC Vincent; I don't level up. I have to figure out how to defend NO now that he's most likely after us.

Reinholdt
2010-08-10, 10:55 AM
"Eh. I'm pretty sure you were a guest party member once." Oh well. Vincent shrugs, then heads outside to train where he certainly won't get jumped by psychopaths without a heart.

Morty
2010-08-10, 10:59 AM
Dipsnig stays where he is, deadtiming for a bit.

nanobot_swarm
2010-08-10, 11:06 AM
A message appears on the TSA-1's screen:
Would you like me to teleport over to the Doctor's residence and see if our fears are confirmed? [Y/N]
Also I had anticipated that this plan might fall apart in the early stages, so several backups were considered. You have several interesting books in the NO library.

Morty
2010-08-10, 12:10 PM
If our fears are confirmed, this nutcase may be still there. That, or there might not be much left of Doctor's residence. Anyway, tell me about those backups.

nanobot_swarm
2010-08-10, 12:41 PM
New Message:
Well, several books in the library detailed summonings of things as diverse as Greater Daemons to the spawn of Eldritch Horrors. Other books detailed the schematics of building several weapons that attack targets on a mental level, including one that eroded the higher brain functions of a target. After some analysis, gauss weaponry would seem to be effective against him, as they destroy a target on a molecular level, several shots from a gauss rifle and there won't be enough left to claim he was cremated. Another book of spells spoke of a ritual that could rip a target's soul from its body. May I also suggest we go on the offensive? Since he is apprently a member of AMEN, we could assault the organization.

Morty
2010-08-10, 12:45 PM
Dipsnig holds up his hand. Now stop right there, I'm not going to have us go to war with AMEN. Other methods might or might not work. He's completely hollow, so I don't think he even has a soul. I think our original plan might still work - if we use a force excessive enough to wound him and immobilize him, we can still bury him.

nanobot_swarm
2010-08-10, 02:50 PM
New Message:
I doubt the blunt weapons will work well now that he knows of them. I recomend we use gauss weapons now, dissolve his limbs off and then fold him up, that would work just as well.

Morty
2010-08-10, 02:54 PM
And where are we going to get enough gauss weapons to arm an entire team of members? Whatever they are, they must be expensive.

nanobot_swarm
2010-08-10, 03:19 PM
New Message:
Isn't that why organics invented a black market? To acquire expensive and illegal weaponry and items cheap?

Morty
2010-08-10, 03:20 PM
True, I suppose. I'll see what I can do. He knows his way around illegitimate businesses, after all.

Reinholdt
2010-08-11, 05:57 PM
Vincent returns.
"Is Jack here yet? I'm ready to pummel him already." :smallannoyed: