PDA

View Full Version : TGGWAT Round 2: Gokapa Ginol Vs Ashix

nefele
2010-08-08, 06:54 PM
Gokapa Ginol Vs Ashix

You are in your quarters, resting, when the Architect's disembodied voice, soft and androgynous, rings inside your heads.

Gokapa, Ashix. You have been chosen to fight. Prepare yourselves.

Six seconds later, you are teleported to the Arena (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0As43YDXYJ8pFdGpiWVdQSDh3VFZ5TzlvS3ZuM2tyR VE&hl=en&authkey=CLLx5ocJ).

The dungeon is quiet, the air is stale, and the pillar in the middle sheds an otherwordly light, which fails to reach the far corners of the room. The duel begins.

The Procedure:

Part I (how to begin) :
Agree to play with an opponent OR ask the DM to match you up randomly.
Roll and find out in which Arena you'll play. Study the map.
You have a turn to prepare (one swift and one full-round action OR one swift, one move and one standard action). You don't know yet what your opponent looks like.
You are teleported to a random square of the Arena. (DM rolls secretly.) If you have a mount and you didn't mount it during the prep round, it's on an adjacent square. (If you did mount it, it's obviously between your legs.) If you have an animal companion, it's on an adjacent square. If you have a familiar, or any other sidekick, it's nowhere to be found.
Roll initiative. If both contestants are aware of each other, begin round 1. If a contestant is not aware of his or her opponent, a surprise round applies as normal.

Special : Martial Adepts must choose a default stance and maneuver selection. The stance is considered active and the maneuvers are considered readied even before the preparation round. They can change their selection in between fights (informing the DM), but they must do so BEFORE learning where and with whom they'll fight next. From that moment on, they need to spend actions (swift for a new stance, full-round for Adaptive Style) to change anything.

Part II (DM-supervised duels) :
The DM informs you whether there is Line of Sight.
The first time your opponent becomes aware of you, you must describe your appearance in reasonable detail, as it would seem to an observer with eyes and nothing else (no true seeing, no blindsight etc). If your opponent has any such abilities, it's the DM's job to provide the correct description in secret.
All your rolls will be made inside spoiler tags. Keep private the results that would not be perceived by your opponent (Hide/Move Silently, Spot/Listen, Sense Motive, Knowledge, Martial lore, saves etc). Make public the results that would (attack/damage, grapple/disarm/trip etc). For damage in particular, provide a break-down: how much is Power attack, how much is precision damage, how much is energy damage, whether it's slashing/piercing/bludgeoning, whether it's steel/cold iron/adamantine, etc.
Every time you post an action (assuming you are visible at the time), you must describe it in reasonable detail. If you charge or tumble, you must say so explicitly. Provide coordinates for your exact movement. If you don't know whether you are visible or not, put everything inside spoiler tags, and it's the DM's job to tell your opponent what he sees.
If you need your opponent to roll a save or opposing check, ask him to do so but don't give him the DC. It's the DM's job to tell him what happens if he fails.
Make the DM's job easier: Every time you roll, provide a break-down for all modifiers, including type. E.g., "I attack with -5 from Power Attack, +2 insight from Knowledge Devotion, +7 sacred from Law Devotion, +3 competence from Cunning Insight." Also, always include spoiler tags with your stat block, maneuvers left, and anything else you find appropriate.

Part III (honor system) :
If the DM's absent, you know what to do. Takes out the mystery, but admittedly it's faster...

Gokapa:
Position: AC-7. You stand in darkness. You are almost effectively blinded (move at half speed, -4 penalty on Search checks and most Strength and Dexterity-based skill checks, suffer 50% miss chance in combat, lose any Dexterity bonus to AC, take a -2 penalty to AC).
LoS: That said, you can dimly see light 30 ft away, and Ashix at Z-15. He is a githzerai. You don't see any weapons.

Ashix:
Position: Z-15. You stand in shadowy illumination (20% concealment).
LoS: With your darkvision, you can see Gokapa at AC-7. He is a Goliath. You don't see any weapons.

Roll initiative.

OOC: Since you got this map, I'd like to remind you a relevant TGGWAT houserule: Precision damage CAN be used Vs targets with concealment, provided it's 20% or less.

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-08, 07:20 PM
Initiative
[/roll]1d20+11[/roll]

Ashix is wearing a brown robe tied at the waist with a rope. his hood is down and you can see his green face, grey eyes, and long whispy red beard. he is bald, wearing a headband, and has 2 minute objects revolving around his head.

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-08, 07:21 PM
d'oh...

initiative
[roll0]

playswithfire
2010-08-08, 07:25 PM
Gokapa

Initiative [roll0]

EDIT: ok, you first
EDIT2: Sorry, realizing in retrospect my init roll should have been in a spoiler and I probably shouldn't have looked at your init roll (didn't think about init rolls potentially leaking any information; just knew what I wanted to do if i won and didn't want things held up on my account)

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-08, 09:37 PM
Ashix moves to AB7 and attacks once
[roll0]
+26 -4 (defensive fighting), dealing piercing damage

nefele
2010-08-09, 03:58 AM
Gokapa:
You see the Githzerai coming straight at you, but he disappears from view as soon as he enters the dark area. Last known position is AA-11. You're not sure where he went after that, but you know that no one has hit you so far. It's your turn.

Roll reactive spot/listen checks (no action required) for more information.
Oh, you have darkvision, then. Good for you. You see Ashix reach AB-7, attack you with his bare fist and fail horribly. Your turn.

Ashix:
No special rules about natural 1s. They simply mean an automatic failure. So, no hit.

Both:
Ideally, you should roll initiative (or whatever) within spoilers, because your opponent doesn't need to know your Initiative modifier, and copy the result outside spoilers, because you both need to compare results and see who plays first.

playswithfire
2010-08-09, 06:29 AM
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Quick question; this has never come up before when I played a goliath, but since they are Monstrous Humanoid (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Monstrous_Humanoid_Type)s, should they have darkvision 60' since the creature listing doesn't explicitly say they don't? Or is the fact that it's not listed sufficient to imply they don't have it? I know I should have looked this up/asked before, but like I said, it's never been necessary before.
EDIT: the 3.5 FAQ (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20030221a) says they do.
Sorry again for not looking this up sooner.

Probably won't be able to actually post my actions til after work.

playswithfire
2010-08-09, 03:41 PM
Gokapa turns to face his opponent, smiling in the darkness, then unclips a pair of manacles from his belt and, in a quick pair of movements, attempts to cuff the githzerai.

Move action to draw manacles, standard action to use Wolf Fang strike, Gloves of Titan's Grip activate as an immediate action.
Attack one: Grapple
Touch Attack [roll0]
Grapple Check [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Attack 2
If the first one succeeded and we're grappling, then this is to hog-tie and the touch attack and damage rolls don't matter; if not, another attempt to grapple. If it's a hog-tie, he can oppose with an Escape Artist check, rather than a grapple roll, if he wants.
if not hog-tying, Touch Attack [roll3]
Grapple or Hog-tie Check [roll4]
If not hog-tying, Damage [roll5]

nefele
2010-08-10, 12:24 PM
ROUND 1, cont.
OOC: Sorry for the delay, people. We're still on Gokapa's turn.

playswithfire:
Eh, this is iffy.

You must fight with two weapons to use this maneuver. If you carry only one weapon, you can choose to make an unarmed strike with your off hand (as an unarmed attack).
You're not fighting with two weapons (the manacles aren't used like an improvised weapon at any point), and neither of your grapple attacks is an unarmed strike (Attack, yes. Strike, no.)... It takes a lot of hand-waving to allow that, and I can't do that.

And it's a crying shame, because those rolls were awesome.:smalleek:
Retcon required, I'm afraid.

playswithfire
2010-08-10, 03:18 PM
Gokapa
Gokapa turns to face his opponent, smiling in the darkness, then unclips a pair of manacles from his belt and grabs the githzerai.

Move action to draw manacles, standard action to grapple, Gloves of Titan's Grip activate as an immediate action.
Touch Attack [roll0]
Grapple Check [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Not quite as nice as the original rolls, but still not too bad.

nefele
2010-08-10, 05:06 PM
Gokapa fails to grab Ashix.

ROUND 1 ends.

Ashix:
Gokapa made a grapple attempt, and his touch attack was 31. Your turn

Both:
Most of your roll results should be visible to the opponent. Attacks, touch attacks, grapple checks, disarms etc. What shouldn't be visible are the modifiers that produced this result. So, if for example I roll 1d20+15 to hit inside the spoilers, and I roll a 10, then I'll edit the post and write outside the spoilers: "attack 25".

At least that's the idea. Let me know if you find it too complicated. :)

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-10, 05:52 PM
do i get an AOO from his grapple attempt?
Ashix wreaths his hands and feat in flame and begins his assault on Gokapa.

fighting defensively (-4 to hit, +9 to AC, +1d6 damage)
fiery fist (+1d6 fire damage to unarmed strikes)
+22:
+22: [roll1]
+22: [roll2]
+17: [roll3]
+12: [roll4]
damage = 2d10+3d6+10 (2d10+1d6+6 norm)(1d6+4 precision)(1d6 fire) magic, lawful, piercing

attack 24, attack 25, crit (42 confirm), attack 26, attack 28
question: what is Gokapa wearing, and are any weapons, ioun stones etc. visible?
edit:

crit confirmation: [roll]1d20+22
crit damage = 4d10 + 3d6 + 20 (assuming precision and fire damage are taken)
do i roll my damage after you confirm my hits or do you just do that?

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-10, 06:03 PM
well that answers my question on how the forum die roller prevents people from editing their rolls, lol

crit confirmation: [roll0]
crit damage = 4d10 + 3d6 + 20 (assuming precision and fire damage are taken)

edit:

so what is the ruling on having manacles on? helpless seems a bit harsh. i dont see how having your wrists bound causes you to be imobilized and competely at someone's mercy. again, i cant find a single written rule on this, and cant find my rules compendium. for one thing, there are rules for making an escape artist check to escape from manacles, but a helpless character cant make physical skill checks. entangled seems like a more reasonable condition, but at the end of the day, its up to the dm.

it lists "bound" as one of the things that renders you helpless, but again there are rules for making an escape artist check to escape from bindings, which contradicts itself. also, binding implies being thoroughly hogtied with a rope, not having a pair of hand-cuffs slapped on you.

playswithfire
2010-08-10, 06:09 PM
OOC:Going to post my next actions in case the attack(s) don't kill me.

Gokapa becomes furious and reaches again for the githzerai.

Free action to rage, then full attack to grapple again
Touch Attack [roll0]
Grapple [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Touch Attack [roll3]
Grapple [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Touch Attack [roll6]
Grapple [roll7]
Damage [roll8]

10/11 rounds of rage remaining; AC unchanged, since CON as DEX bonus offsets -2 from rage

If a touch attack of 32 hits:
- make a grapple check against 42
- if you lose the grapple check
- - take 27 damage bludgeoning.
- - make a grapple check or escape artist check against 50
- - if you fail the check, you are bound and helpless
- - if you beat the check, make another against 50 with the same stakes
If not, my other attacks miss, too

EDIT: do i have the right amount visible?

nefele
2010-08-11, 04:27 AM
Ashix:
Gamblerjoe, you hit once, but you didn't roll damage.
For (2d10+1d6+6 norm)(1d6+4 precision)(1d6 fire), type:

[ roll]2d10[/roll] normal damage
[ roll]1d6+6[/roll] normal damage
[ roll]1d6+4[/roll] precision damage
[ roll]1d6[/roll] fire damage

(Without the spaces, of course.) Then roll for your critical hit, which does not include energy damage like fire, neither precision damage. Type:

[ roll]2d10[/roll] normal damage
[ roll]1d6+6[/roll] normal damage

In other news: You do not get an AOO from his grapple attempt. Gokapa is an unarmored Goliath, without any ioun stones.

Also, chill about the manacles. :smallsmile: We're not talking about bound wrists (which indeed would be a long way from helpless), we're talking about a special move, exclusive to a class ability, that ties you up completely.

I'm not making things up and I don't need to invent any rules. They are written already and we'll follow them normally. It's the future that is unwritten.:smalltongue: (In this case, IF you are bound, you WILL be able to attempt to escape. Don't worry.)

Gokapa:

do i have the right amount visible?
Sorry, what? What do you mean?

Both, to recap:
We're waiting for Ashix to roll damage. Then we'll know how much Gokapa is hurt. Gokapa's touch attacks have missed, and it's Ashix's turn.

ROUND 2 ends.

playswithfire
2010-08-11, 06:20 AM
Just making sure I have roughly the correct information outside the spoiler tags.

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-11, 04:47 PM
just to be sure, the crit confirmed and the other 4 attacks missed?

iv been refering to insightful strike as precision damage, but i was incorrect. i thought it was since it doesnt work on enemies that cant be crit. anyway, the difference (besides the fact that it is never defined as precision damage) is that all non-die modifiers are multiplied with crits. that said, here's my damage:

4 misses, 1 critical hit

[roll0] normal damage
[roll1] deadly defense
[roll2] precision damage
[roll3] fire damage
4 insightful strike
[roll4] norm crit damage
4 insightful strike crit damage

51 damage total

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-11, 04:54 PM
Round 3:

Axhix wreaths his hands and feet in flame, and makes another full attack.

+22: [roll0]

results: 37, 23, 23, 19, 17

playswithfire
2010-08-11, 05:03 PM
First one hits.

Gokapa grunts in pain as the githzerai alternately eludes and burns him, reaching out for him again.

Swift action to switch to Giant's stance since step of the wind isn't doing anything. Full attack grapple again.
Touch [roll0]
Grapple [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Touch [roll3]
Grapple [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Touch [roll6]
Grapple [roll7]
Damage [roll8]

His touch AC is impressive. Do I at least have a chance if the dice gods stop hating me?

Touch attacks at 28, 34 and 33
Assuming the touch AC is constant and the 28 misses:
if the 34 hits
- make a grapple check against 49
- if you lose the grapple check
- - take 21 bludgeoning damage
- - make a grapple or escape artist check against 49 or be bound and helpless
if not, my other attacks miss too

nefele

I don't know if he added any, but does the sneak attack/precision damage you mentioned in darkness still apply if i have darkvision?

nefele
2010-08-11, 05:13 PM
Gamblerjoe, please roll damage along with your attack rolls, so that we don't have to go back and forth every time.

Gamblerjoe:

just to be sure, the crit confirmed and the other 4 attacks missed?
Yes.

iv been refering to insightful strike as precision damage, but i was incorrect. i thought it was since it doesnt work on enemies that cant be crit. anyway, the difference (besides the fact that it is never defined as precision damage) is that all non-die modifiers are multiplied with crits.
Correct, sorry for the terminology confusion. From now on, please put outside the spoilers not only total damage, but separately precision damage and fire damage. People may be immune to one, have resistance to another etc.

playswithfire:
No, it wasn't sneak attack and your darkvision is irrelevant (you weren't flat-footed neither fighting an invisible foe).

nefele
2010-08-11, 05:19 PM
playswithfire:
Btw, the 51 damage earlier was:
38 normal damage
9 precision damage
4 fire damage

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-11, 08:37 PM
if you know everything about our characters, cant you decide what damage gets through? lets say he has light fortification. since my damage is allready split up for you in the spoiler, cant you just make the roll to see if the precision and precise strike damage get through? if i use the same breakdown outside of the spoilers, i am forced to inform my opponant that i have the insightful strike and deadly defense abilities, also he will know that 1d6 is some kind of precision damage. i dont even like putting the results of my attack rolls outside of the spoilers. now that iv rolled a 20, a 1 and a 2, he can pinpoint exactly what my attack bonus is.

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-11, 08:41 PM
anyway...heres my damage

[roll0] normal damage
[roll1] deadly defense
[roll2] precision damage
[roll3] fire damage
4 insightful strike

8 normal damage
3 deadly defense
5 precision damage
1 fire damage
4 insightful strike damage

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-11, 08:47 PM
the touch attacks all miss.

Round 4:

Ashix wreaths his hands and feet in flame and makes another full attack.

35, nat 1, 40, 36 (possible crit, 20 to confirm), 30

[roll5] normal damage
[roll6] deadly defense
[roll7] precision damage
[roll8] fire damage
4 insightful strike

1st attack: [35]
26 normal damage
2 deadly defense
6 precision damage
6 fire damage
4 insightful strike

[roll9] normal damage
[roll10] deadly defense
[roll11] precision damage
[roll12] fire damage
4 insightful strike

2nd attack: natural miss

[roll13] normal damage
[roll14] deadly defense
[roll15] precision damage
[roll16] fire damage
4 insightful strike

3rd attack: [40]
20 normal damage
4 deadly defense
5 precision damage
5 fire damage
4 insightful strike

[roll17] normal damage
[roll18] deadly defense
[roll19] precision damage
[roll20] fire damage
4 insightful strike

4th attack: [36]
12 normal damage
4 deadly defense
5 precision damage
2 fire damage
4 insightful strike

[roll21] normal damage
[roll22] deadly defense
[roll23] precision damage
[roll24] fire damage
4 insightful strike

5th attack: [30]
22 normal damage
1 deadly defense
3 precision damage
1 fire damage
4 insightful strike

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-11, 08:57 PM
critical confirmation:
[roll0]

extra crit damage:

[roll1]

crit does not appear to have confirmed

nefele
2010-08-11, 09:47 PM
Gamblerjoe:

since my damage is allready split up for you in the spoiler, cant you just make the roll to see if the precision and precise strike damage get through?

Sorry, no. I'm swamped as it is. If I roll for damage too, the matches will take forever.

if i use the same breakdown outside of the spoilers, i am forced to inform my opponant that i have the insightful strike and deadly defense abilities, also he will know that 1d6 is some kind of precision damage. i dont even like putting the results of my attack rolls outside of the spoilers. now that iv rolled a 20, a 1 and a 2, he can pinpoint exactly what my attack bonus is.
It makes sense for people to know their opponent's attack results (not rolls, not modifiers, just results). A near hit or a near miss is a legitimate piece of information, that helps you judge your opponent's potential. Also, the breakdown of damage (e.g. 10 normal, 5 precision, 6 fire) is something he would certainly feel. You don't have to specify that precision is from Insightful Strike, or that some damage comes from Deadly Defense. And again, you don't have to roll in public and reveal your rolls and modifiers, only show him the result. Specifically, only the result that hit. That's the procedure. Is it clear now?

You can edit your posts, if you like, and reveal only the information that would be perceived by your foe, as I described above.

playswithfire
2010-08-12, 06:18 AM
35, 40 and 36 hit

Gokapa

Clearly in pain and annoyed at his inability to touch this githzerai, Gokapa has no choice but to continue his current strategy and hope to get lucky.

Touch [roll0]
Grapple [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Touch [roll3]
Grapple [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Touch [roll6]
Grapple [roll7]
Damage [roll8]

27, 33 and 20; no good

OOC: gamblerjoe, when the fight's over, would you mind telling me what your touch AC was? not how you got it unless you want to, but just what it was so I can know if I ever had a chance outside a natural 20. I'll let you know anything you're curious to know about my character in exchange.

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-12, 12:01 PM
109 damage total for round 4.

playswithfire
2010-08-12, 03:25 PM
I know. I took it. That's why I said I was injured. Still alive, though. Back to you for round five.

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-13, 01:45 AM
Round 5:

Ashix clicks his heals together and makes a single attack.

i start by using a charge off of my boots of speed.
haste (+1 to hit, AC, reflex saves, 1 extra attack per round)
my attack is a quivering palm attempt, DC 23
+27: [roll0]
if it does not succeed, i tumble at full speed (cant fail the check) to o16

[roll1] normal damage
[roll2] precision damage
4 insightful strike

Ashix misses with his attack and tumbles to o16

playswithfire
2010-08-13, 06:30 AM
Gokapa leaps from the darkness and pursues the githzerai, finally taking hold.

Swift action to Sudden Leap 25 feet to Y10, then full round action to use bounding assault to double move to P16 and attack, using my melee attack to make a touch attack to start a grapple.

Jump [roll0]
Touch [roll1]
Grapple [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Jump to Y10, then move to P16 and make touch attack (nat 20). Make a grapple check against 59 or take 31 bludgeoning damage and we're grappling.

nefele
2010-08-13, 12:55 PM
OOC: That's an awesome match.

playswithfire
2010-08-13, 08:46 PM
OOC: I'm getting up at 5 am (eastern) tomorrow and heading to the airport, so I'm just going to post my round six actions now since I probably won't have much internet time til maybe tomorrow night and I don't want to hold things up too much.

nefele

My character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228542) has my up to date HP, so you'll know if he kills me before I get to take these actions.

If he doesn't kill me and ends up still hog-tied on my turn in round 7, I coup de grace him. Auto hit and crit for 12d6+20 and he makes a Fort save of that +10 or dies

Round 6
will have to be adjusted if Ashix breaks the grapple in round 5

Gokapa cuffs the githzerai and tries to knee him in the chest twice.

Grapple check to hog-tie [roll0]
Grapple check to damage or hog-tie if he beats first [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Grapple check to damage or hog-tie if he beats first [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

touch attacks to reestablish the grapple, only relevant if he breaks the grapple in round 5
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Make a grapple or escape artist check that beats 52 or you're bound and helpless
Make a grapple check that beats 55 or take 30 bludgeoning damage
Make a grapple check that beats 33 or take 33 bludgeoning damage
For each one you beat, the next one becomes an attempt to make you bound and helpless and you can use escape artist instead of grapple if you want.

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-14, 05:37 PM
Ashix vanishes from the grapple.
abundant step to b2

nefele
2010-08-14, 06:14 PM
ROUND 6, Gokapa's turn.

playswithfire:
Ashix does indeed disappear from your grasp. He is nowhere to be seen.

playswithfire
2010-08-15, 06:25 AM
Gokapa

Gokapa howls in frustration, ending with "Coward! Won't stand and fight?!" then sets off in search of the githzerai.

move to J16, then to J10, trying to find him.
Spot and listen, if they matter.
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

nefele
2010-08-15, 06:39 AM
playswithfire:
When you reach J-16, you see Ashix on the far corner of the room (B-2). You can change your 2nd move action from that point, if you like.

playswithfire
2010-08-15, 07:10 AM
nefele

Nah, I can't reach him, so I'll just move closer. I'll leave it as is.

nefele
2010-08-15, 09:21 AM
Gamblerjoe:
You see Gokapa coming after you. He's still far away when he glances at you and turns North. Last known position: J-14.

ROUND 6 Ends.

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-15, 03:40 PM
i move to f4. before i finish my turn, can i see Gokapa?

nefele
2010-08-16, 05:56 AM
ashix:
Yes, you see Gokapa at J-10.

gokapa:
You see Ashix coming out at F-4.

We're in Round 6, and Ashix's turn has not finished yet.

nefele
2010-08-16, 06:04 AM
playswithfire, you force me to quote myself here. :)

We're in Round 6, and Ashix's turn has not finished yet.

playswithfire
2010-08-16, 06:06 AM
my bad; I saw the map had updated and I started posting before you did. I'll delete the post.

done

EDIT: apologies if my posting schedule gets erratic; family vacation means inconsistent internet time

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-16, 06:21 PM
i move to j2 and ready an action to attack as soon as gokapa enters a square that i threaten. this attack is going to be a stun attempt.

nefele
2010-08-16, 07:26 PM
ROUND 6, cont.

Ashix moves to J2.
Gokapa is at 10.

Ashix's turn ends.

EDIT - Gamblerjoe, what I just wrote (well, except Gokapa's position) should have been written by you, outside the spoilers. Thank you in advance for doing that next time.

playswithfire
2010-08-16, 08:00 PM
Gokapa

The goliath charges the githzerai, wrapping him in bear hug after adopting a slightly different stance.

swift action to switch to stance of clarity to offset charging AC penalty, then charge to J3 and grapple.
Touch[roll0]
Grapple [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Charge to J3, if a touch attack of 45 hits, then make a grapple check against 47 or take 18 bludgeoning and we're grappling.

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-16, 10:21 PM
Readied action:
stun attempt
+22: [roll0]nat 20

[roll1] normal damage
[roll2] deadly defense
[roll3] precision damage
4 insightful strike

18 normal damage
5 deadly defense
1 precision damage
4 insightful strike

make a fortitude save

45 misses my touch AC

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-16, 10:23 PM
attack roll was a natural 20
23 to confirm

playswithfire
2010-08-17, 06:15 AM
Foritude save [roll0]

Fort save 35

nefele
2010-08-17, 08:03 AM
ROUND 7

Attack hits, damage done (without a crit), fort save succeeds.

It's Gokapa's turn. Initiative changed after readied actions, but in duels this makes no difference.

playswithfire
2010-08-17, 08:42 AM
Gokapa
Another grappling full attack from the goliath

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

All miss

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-17, 05:45 PM
OOC: after Gokapa's attack misses, it is Ashix's turn. from p.160 of PHB:

Your initiative result changes. For the rest of the encounter, your initiative result is the count on which you took the readied action, and you act immediately ahead of the character whos action triggered your readied action.

here are my attacks, apply them whenever you want i guess.

IC: Ashix clicks his heels together, then wreaths his hands and feet in flame and begins his full attack.

haste (+1 to hit, AC, reflex saves, 1 extra attack)

first attack is a stun attempt
1st: [roll0]
2nd: [roll1]
3rd: [roll2]
4th: [roll3]
5th: [roll4]
6th: [roll5]
numbers outside spoilers adjusted for haste

1st: 40
[roll6] normal damage
[roll7] deadly defense
[roll8] precision damage
[roll9] fire damage
4 insightful strike
make a fortitude save

2nd: nat 20
[roll10] normal damage
[roll11] deadly defense
[roll12] precision damage
[roll13] fire damage
4 insightful strike

3rd: 40
[roll14] normal damage
[roll15] deadly defense
[roll16] precision damage
[roll17] fire damage
4 insightful strike

4th: 36
[roll18] normal damage
[roll19] deadly defense
[roll20] precision damage
[roll21] fire damage
4 insightful strike

5th: 30
[roll22] normal damage
[roll23] deadly defense
[roll24] precision damage
[roll25] fire damage
4 insightful strike

6th: 21
[roll26] normal damage
[roll27] deadly defense
[roll28] precision damage
[roll29] fire damage
4 insightful strike

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-17, 05:49 PM
possible crit...

[roll0]

34 to confirm

[roll1]

26 additional damage

nefele
2010-08-17, 06:05 PM
After that furious pounding, the Goliath finally drops dead. He shall be sorely missed.

Match Finalized.
Victor: Ashix.

playswithfire
2010-08-18, 05:41 AM
Good match. Your touch AC is insane.

Gamblerjoe
2010-08-18, 06:35 PM
good match. thats a good concept, i bet it will work against most characters.