PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Deadly Evil: Userpay, Sachiru, Adumbration and Ahus!

Cadian 9th
2010-08-09, 02:33 AM
DM

The room you 4 stand in is 100ft wide and 100ft deep. There are several burning torches on the walls, and the carpeted floor is a dull red. At the north wall is a door, in the center of the wall: a large double door with a big heavy wooden look and metal doorknobs. A plate of metal fixed on the door reads Room 1 -"Business as Usual...".

The Eastern wall has 4 cubes, which glow with magic. They are signed as "Magic-Mart". A sign reads "Re-Rolls! Control your fate. Now for just 500gp, max 3 per customer, not available anywhere else. If we sell out, you miss out!"

The Western wall contains a series of empty Potraits. The Southern Wall has 4 "Phone Boxes", labelled "Save? Reload?"

You are aware of some rules, as listed on each phone box. You cannot create an effect that would render you unkillable. You cannot teleport outside of the room you are in. You cannot burrow beyond the boundries of the room you are in. You may not step on the grass.

Your objective is to reach the top floor. Says a glowing orb like creature, in a musical tone. Once you have, you will be rewarded! He says, before floating around and fading away.

Do as you wish here, buy any magic items etc, heal, cast pre-combat spells, talk if you want.

DM Only:

Sachiru (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9062663#post9062663)
Niezck (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9073269#post9073269)
Ahus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9099386#post9099386)
Userpay (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8980079&postcount=440)

Sachiru
2010-08-09, 04:19 AM
Hero Portrait:
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/4995/shinkiwingsgray.jpg
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/1304/shinkipurple.jpg

Laylena hovers in midair, unsure of her situation. She telepathically communicates with the orb:

Inquiry: Determine Status, rules, state of person. Please inform regarding: Location, Purpose (Save/Reload, Re-rolls)

As she communes telepathically, an aura of readiness and dexterity begins to emanate from her, and she draws complex sigils of arcane might. She also casts around her senses, attempting to discern if there are any other beings near her. Any observer can faintly discern the nature of her sigils to be as follows:

"seitilibA ssalC" MORF * TCELES
"seitilibA ssalC" elbat morf atad fo noitavitca ecnemmoC
detavitcA ataD
ytiliba atad evissap "ytiretxeD etavitoM" ezilaitinI
ytiliba ataD "thgisdniM" ezilaitinI
"etaidemmI" aerA ni "smrofefiL tneitneS" no atad rof tseuqer ecnemmoC

Actions:
Fly to middle of room and hover, then
1) Mindsight: Telepathy, ping all creatures with an int score of at least 1 in an attempt to discern their location (this does not reveal the map, merely shows, in a RADAR-like fashion, all creatures with an int score).
2) Turn on Motivate Dexterity Aura
3) (Saint Template) Cast guidance as spell-like ability on self.
4) (Saint Template) Cast resistance as spell-like ability on self.
5) Prestidigitation to clean herself up and repair minor things, like creases on sleeves.

Ahus
2010-08-09, 05:55 AM
Maanzecorian,

Telepathicaly greets Laylena, without revealing his location (which doesn't show up on her mind sight map,) You may refer to me as Maanze, forgive me if I do not show myself I have long been hunted by the vile Illithid and I have long survived by stealth and guile.

Sachiru
2010-08-09, 08:37 AM
OOC: Why doesn't it show up? You have Darkstalker as a feat?

Laylena responds,

Situation confirmed. Please stand by as I record the coordinates of other sentient beings. Requesting that you refrain from movement as I read the data regarding the locations and statistics of other minds.

Laylena continues "pinging" the minds of other sentient beings, concentrating whether there are any located beyond the door.

userpay
2010-08-09, 11:26 PM
(ooc quick question, 1 chalk piece per binding circle?)

Dak-tha looks around briefly before chittering quietly and crouches, taking some chalk out of his bag and drawing two circles with symbols in them. Entities swirl within them and he talks with them, changes overtaking him and after they depart he stands. Looking much much different than when he started, eight legged now for one. Tis everyone ready? Dak telepathically broadcasts to his apparent companions.

mechanic stuff
Currently relevant stuff here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8980079&postcount=440).
Offering 6 essentia to chup which lowers the binding dc by 5 for each point which is autopass pretty much, rolling binding check for Dahl
[roll0]
Current essentia invested
Chup 6
mask 3
dread 3

2xMachina
2010-08-10, 06:44 AM
Sachiru:
There's only your team mates and the orb.

Orb:
You are in the Tower of Deadly Evil! I can't tell you why they named it that though.

You can save at the boxes! So, when you die, you come back here. But with a slight fee of course.

Feel free to use the facilities before you go to the next door.

OOCThis is a safe room. Use the facilities and buff up if you want. Nothing to fight here.

Userpay, I don't think I'd bother too much. It's just 1cp each, and that's pittance at your lvl. And a chalk piece can draw a pretty big picture before being used up.

Sachiru
2010-08-10, 07:04 AM
Laylena telepathically remarks:

Situation Report Confirmed. Approaching Save/Reload Box, TO ORB: Inquiry: Price of Saving and Reloading.

as she floats towards the boxes. She also continues casting sigils on herself and her companions in the room.

Actions:

1) (Saint Template) Cast Virtue as spell-like ability on self and allies.
2) (Saint Template) Cast Bless as spell-like ability on self and allies.
3) (Saint Template) Activate Protective Aura (equivalent to double-strength Magic Circle against Evil and Lesser Globe of Invulnerability) on self.
4) Cast Resistance on self.
5) Fly towards boxes.

2xMachina
2010-08-10, 07:28 AM
"Saving is free. When you die, you appear back at your last save point. Less some gold of course. Or you might find yourself in debt.

OOC1k gold per lvl. So, 15k ATM.

Sachiru
2010-08-10, 07:33 AM
Laylena telepathically asks:

Situation Report Updated. Orb Inquiry: Ways of Gold Acquisition in immediate situation? Secondary Inquiry: Where do I save?

Turning to her allies, Laylena projects thoughts of patience and waiting, seemingly requesting their input on the matter. Also, an image of them huddled in the center, speaking of plans and strategies, enters their minds.

To the DMs who will post in our thread:

This is merely a request, not a demand, however I would greatly appreciate it if a small map or visual reference be made whenever our group enters or exits a room, to help us plan tactics.

2xMachina
2010-08-10, 07:59 AM
I'll post you a map if there's a trap or fight. This room is... pretty empty.

Map:
{table]_|1_|2_|3_|4_|5_|6_|7_|8_|9_|10
1| | | | |D|D| |
2||||||||||B|
3|||||||||||
4||||||||||B|
5|||||||||||
6||||||||||B|
7|||||||||||
8||||||||||B|
9|||||||||||
10|P|||P|||P|||P|
[/table]

You're rewarded gold if you defeat or help defeat an encounter.

Then, you are directed to the south wall in your mind.
"Just go to the phone boxes labeled "Save? Reload?" and... it'l work somehow. It's magic. "

userpay
2010-08-10, 06:07 PM
ooc
Eh, added 100 pieces to my stuff for 1 gp and lets just assume that it'll last till the end or something. For all I know it might actually come in handy for something other than the binding circles.

Dak approaches the phone boxes, trying to figure out how to save and does so when he figures it out. Otherwise he seems ready to go.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-10, 07:13 PM
DM Only:

You're doing great. If the players try and look through a door, they see blackness until they step between the doorways, which is when ini is rolled. One cannot enter a room until everyone else does. A sumoned creature cannot pass through. :smallbiggrin:

Remember that the trolls have Mantle Of Flame (3) and Theraputic Mantle (2) for higher regen and healing soul. When they "die" (i.e. Nonlethal in excess) they use healing soul to come back to life :smallbiggrin:

Nothing to see here.

Sachiru
2010-08-10, 08:08 PM
Having successfully gathered data on the Save/Reload boxes, Laylena figure out how to work them and successfully saves.

Telepathically, Laylena asks of her teammates if they are ready, while she pops out of existence for a quarter-second then reappears in front of the door. She also telepathically inquires of the orb:

TO ORB: Inquiry: Availability and purchase of specific spell scrolls?

2xMachina
2010-08-11, 05:26 AM
Cadian:
Ok, thanks.

OOC:
You know... those questions are answered in the OP. Unless I don't understand your question.
I don't think there's item sale limitations. No custom use-activated True Strike of course.

You are directed to the cubes on the eastern wall, signed "Magic-Mart".

"You can get your stuff there."

Sachiru
2010-08-11, 08:54 AM
Laylena telepathically communicates to her allies the following:

Problem: Limited personal spellcasting abilities for utility spells.

Proposing that we channel our gold pool for purchasing of scrolls and eternal wands for utility purposes, such as scrolls of Rope Trick and Eternal Wands of Cure Light Wounds and such.

Agree (y/n)?

Ahus
2010-08-11, 08:57 PM
Maanzecorian
ooc: class feature of illithid slayer, grants immunity to effects that reveal location. Also, Maanze too has blindsight w/ telepathy range of 300'.

"I concur with sharing funds for items."

Sachiru
2010-08-11, 11:48 PM
OOC: Ah, I see. Hmm, seems like Niezck is MIA?

Laylena telepathically broadcasts to her teammates:

Current personal gold total: 500gp, good for 1 wand of Cure Light Wounds. Necessary items: Wand of Mass Lesser Vigor, Scroll of Rope Trick, Feather Fall, Enlarge/Shrink Person, Potion of Waterbreathing. Ideas?

Additional query: Division of wealth gained. Use Standard apportion by 4 according to gp appraisal value?

userpay
2010-08-12, 10:13 AM
(ooc I'd just do telepathy as colored text without "" marks?)

Aye on those wands though those scrolls and potions sound like more personal items... though I've a little over 2000 gp in my posestion.

Ahus
2010-08-12, 07:40 PM
Telepathically to orb et.al.: in addition to the $$ rewards for defeating encounters I presume that our prey will have some sorts of unknown items in their possession such that we would be able to utillize their items and continue crawling without returning to the save room, correct? I have spent all but <25gp. That said if we find stuff in the wild I can id it for free if we won't be finding stuff I'll have an extra 300gp to contribute.

One of the save boxes makes a ringing sound, moments later the doors open seemingly on it's own.

Let's get this show on the road...

Sachiru
2010-08-12, 10:18 PM
OOC: Perhaps we can have Adnumbration's character replace Niezck?

Laylena telepathically remarks to Dak:

Scrolls and wands not for personal use, since I do not breathe and can fly. More concerned about YOUR survivability if the room is flooded or the floor caves in.

Saying this, Laylena purchases for 325 gp a Wand of Cure Light WoundsLesser Vigor, leaving her 175 gp. She also telepathically asks her allies to buy a scroll of Rope Trick, Feather Fall and potions of Waterbreathing, for those who cannot swim. If possible,she remarks telepathically, we need wands of Mass Snake's Swiftness, scrolls of Dawnburst and scrolls of Lesser Restoration.

userpay
2010-08-12, 11:41 PM
(ooc eh gimme a day as friday evening I'll be back home with all my books and such so I can look up the spells, not to mention finding a replacement for Niezck will have some influence on this I'm sure. Bonus points if the replacement can heal reliably.)

2xMachina
2010-08-13, 05:59 AM
"Yes, you can take the dropped items."

Sachiru
2010-08-13, 09:33 AM
(ooc eh gimme a day as friday evening I'll be back home with all my books and such so I can look up the spells, not to mention finding a replacement for Niezck will have some influence on this I'm sure. Bonus points if the replacement can heal reliably.)

OOC: No problem, PM me if you need ideas on spells.

Laylena ponders, and purchases a few mundane supplies with the 175 gold: 50 ft of rope, a 10ft pole, flint and steel, a small wooden ball, 150ft of yard wrapped in a ball, blue chalk, paper and ink, a 1kg pouch of neon-orange sand, 500ml of dye in a small bottle, a pair of vanity mirrors, a pouch filled with nails, three cloth rags, trail rations for two days, a stake and a small mallet, of the type used for tents, a grappling hook, 1 liter of olive oil in a jar, and sixteen needles.

She places all of these in her Haversack.

Adumbration
2010-08-14, 05:01 AM
"Greetings. You may call me Limper." He is not big. Meeting him in the street, not knowing what he is, you would not be impressed. He wears a single color, a dingy brown. He is ragged. His face is concealed by a battered leather mask which droops rather badly. Tangled threads of hair protrude from under his hood and around his mask. It is grey peppered with black. When he moves, he drags his right foot. Drag. Thump. Drag. Thump.

"Do you require magical augmentation? I can provide you with increased mental or physical faculties and protection from enemy blows or elemental attacks."

OOC:

Hi everybody!

Spells cast on self:
Greater mage armor
Resist energy (fire)
Shield

2xMachina
2010-08-14, 05:27 AM
OOC:
I might be wrong on the loot. You might not be able to pick them up. Talking with Cadian ATM.

Sachiru
2010-08-14, 06:34 AM
Laylena telepathically probes the newcomer, assessing his intelligence (Via Mindsight) and powers, and then communicates:

Greetings. Please cast G.M.A. and Resist (Fire) on allies. Also, Proposing that we channel our gold pool for purchasing of scrolls and eternal wands for utility purposes, such as scrolls of Rope Trick and Eternal Wands of Cure Light Wounds and such. Necessary items: Wand of Mass Lesser Vigor, Scroll of Rope Trick, Feather Fall, Enlarge/Shrink Person, Potion of Waterbreathing. Ideas? Scrolls and wands not for personal use, since I do not breathe and can fly. More concerned about YOUR survivability if the room is flooded or the floor caves in.

She then broadcasts an aura of readiness and dexterity to the newcomer, then blesses her friends with a few "gifts".

Actions:
1) Cast Guidance as spell-like ability on all allies (saint template)
2) Cast Resistance as spell-like ability on all allies (saint template)
3) Cast Virtue as spell-like ability on all allies (saint template)
4) Cast Bless as spell-like ability on all allies (saint template)
5) Teleport via Dimensional Jaunt feat around the room every few seconds, appearing like an impatient schoolgirls walking around.

Adumbration
2010-08-14, 07:03 AM
Limper removes his mask briefly, before replacing it. "As you can see, I need not breathe." His is the face of a dead man, of a mummy improperly preserved. His eyes are alive and baleful, yet directly beneath one is a patch of flesh which has rotted. Beneath his nose, at the right corner of his mouth, a square inch of lip is missing, revealing gum and yellowed teeth. A chain of linked runes cross his face from upper right corner of his face to the left bottom corner.

Thoughtfully, he goes around and casts the spells mentioned on his newfound allies. "Unfortunately, I do not carry spare cash. I wear what I own -" he indicates some of his obviously magical items - "and nothing more. In the other hand, you will not require wands of Featherfall: that I can cast."

OOC:
Spellslots expended:
0th (DC 29, 9) 6/6
1st (DC 30, 5+SS) 10/11
2nd (DC 31, 4+SS) 6/10
3rd (DC 32, 4+SS) 6/10
4th (DC 33, 4+SS) 10/10
5th (DC 34, 3+SS) 10/10
6th (DC 35, 2+SS) 8/8
7th (DC 36, 1+SS) 6/6

EDIT: Oh, and the GMA provides +11 to AC, not +6. Abjurant champion, yay.

EDIT 2: Also, Resist energy has duration of 320 minutes or about 5 1/2 hours. GMA lasts for 16 hours.

And to clarify: yes, he casts the spells on everybody.

Sachiru
2010-08-14, 07:45 AM
Laylena rolls her eyes and telepathically responds.

"YOUR" used in plural context, referring to entire party. Rope Trick and Waterbreathing still necessary for other allies. Otherwise, GMA and Resist (fire) all three of us and we can go.

Adumbration
2010-08-14, 07:48 AM
OOC:

Laylena rolls her eyes and telepathically responds.

"YOUR" used in plural context, referring to entire party. Rope Trick and Waterbreathing still necessary for other allies. Otherwise, GMA and Resist (fire) all three of us and we can go.

Already did that. See my post - I'll clarify it a bit in the OOC section.

Sachiru
2010-08-14, 08:39 AM
OOC: If the others are ready, we can go.

Adumbration
2010-08-14, 09:07 AM
OOC:
Cast Overland flight, Arcane sight and See invisibility.

Spellslots expended:
0th (DC 29, 9) 6/6
1st (DC 30, 5+SS) 10/11
2nd (DC 31, 4+SS) 5/10
3rd (DC 32, 4+SS) 5/10
4th (DC 33, 4+SS) 10/10
5th (DC 34, 3+SS) 9/10
6th (DC 35, 2+SS) 8/8
7th (DC 36, 1+SS) 6/6

Okay, now I'm good to go.

userpay
2010-08-14, 12:15 PM
"I can climb on my own and can fall a fair distance without being hurt." That said he buys some potions of waterbreathing for himself and is otherwise ready.
(ooc buying two potions of waterbreathing, otherwise I'm ready.)

2xMachina
2010-08-14, 01:42 PM
Just Ahus to confirm go then.

Adumbration
2010-08-14, 02:00 PM
And before I forget... on the 6-second period before stepping through the door, activate Evil blessing.

Ahus
2010-08-14, 08:36 PM
Maanze is ready to go, and is standing in the open doorway.

Sachiru
2010-08-15, 01:53 AM
Laylena "blinks" towards the door, hovering in place and waiting. She frees her hands and draws her spell component pouch from her bag, readying to cast a spell.

2xMachina
2010-08-15, 04:40 AM
Map:
{table]_|1_|2_|3_|4_|5_|6_|7_|8_|9_|10
1| | | | |D|D| |
2|||||||||||
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5||||1|1|2|2|||D|
6||||1|1|2|2|||D|
7|||||||||||
8|||||||||||
9|||||||||||
10|||||X|X|||||
[/table]

D are doors BTW, X are where you arrived. 1 and 2 are trolls

There are 2 doors in this room. The floor is cobbled stones with a couple of flaming torches every five feet that are stuck to the wall. The floor is carpeted with red fabric.

2 trolls stand in the middle of the room. They are holding a large sword each.

Ini1:[roll0]
Ini2:[roll1]

Adumbration
2010-08-15, 04:44 AM
Initiative:
[roll0]

Should we post our turns in initiative sequence, or just when we can and let you worry about the sequence of the events?

Sachiru
2010-08-15, 06:56 AM
Initiative:
[roll0]

Should we post our turns in initiative sequence, or just when we can and let you worry about the sequence of the events?

Don't forget my aura that includes +21 to your initiative roll!

Sachiru
2010-08-15, 06:59 AM
Roland, roland, roland initiative and his three brothers Sneak Attack, Sneak Attack and Sneak Attack!

[roll0]

Adumbration
2010-08-15, 07:09 AM
Don't forget my aura that includes +21 to your initiative roll!

:smalleek:

Very nice. 44 initiative for me, then.

2xMachina
2010-08-15, 07:57 AM
G damn.

You all start first then.

Hmm, maybe I should roll the Ini for you guys later.

You can post your action now I suppose. Try not to end up in the same square or something.

Sachiru
2010-08-15, 08:09 AM
Laylena turns on the charm, attempting to sway one of the trolls into helping her.

Actions:

1) Fly to square V8H5.
2) Charm Gaze troll #1. (DC 40, as Spell-Like ability as per Half-Vampire template).
3) If successful, Laylena telepathically says to the troll: Follow these commands and everything will be all right. Just stand there and do not attack anyone or attempt to hurt them. Defend yourself only if necessary. She also telepathically warns her allies not to attack troll #1, if successful.

Adumbration
2010-08-15, 08:24 AM
Limper mutters a few words arcane, and a sickly green orb materializes in his hand. He flings it contemptuously at one of the trolls.

Actions:
Orb of Acid at troll #2.

Ranged touch attack:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

DC 33 fortitude save against being sickened, if hit.

Let me know what my Arcane sight detects, if anything.

Spellslots expended:
0th (DC 29, 9) 6/6
1st (DC 30, 5+SS) 10/11
2nd (DC 31, 4+SS) 5/10
3rd (DC 32, 4+SS) 5/10
4th (DC 33, 4+SS) 9/10
5th (DC 34, 3+SS) 9/10
6th (DC 35, 2+SS) 8/8
7th (DC 36, 1+SS) 6/6

2xMachina
2010-08-15, 10:02 AM
Hmm, shouldn't have said troll. Should have made you roll knowledge. Someone roll me knowledge to justify that?

Me:
Will save[roll0]
Fort save[roll1]

Sachiru
it appears to work.

The orb hits the 2nd troll and it appears to be sickened

Adumbration
The 2 trolls, their sword, necklace and armor. Moderate/strong maybe? I'm not sure.

Adumbration
2010-08-15, 10:08 AM
I actually have some ranks, so Knowledge (nature):
[roll0]

My original plan was to use Quickened Sonic Snap to determine whether they were under the influence of an AMF, followed by probably Enervation.

Then I figured that Orb was going to go through AMF anyway with the same spell slot, and I would see if they had one by Sachiru's actions. It was purely coincidental that I picked Orb of Acid in the first place. :smalltongue:

Any word on the Arcane sight?

2xMachina
2010-08-15, 10:16 AM
Should be there now.

I roll, then post the rest.

userpay
2010-08-15, 10:37 AM
Man you guys are quick.
init
[roll0]

Dak charges to 77, hopefully avoiding troll 1 entirely, to attack troll 2. I believe the attack limit is 10 right now.
attack rolls
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
and poison damage...
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30]
[roll31]

2xMachina
2010-08-16, 01:20 AM
I forgot to describe the troll looks.

They appears to have a wispy cloak of flame. Go ahead with attacks?

2xMachina
2010-08-16, 01:30 AM
A halfling pops up at (5,3). He's holding an electric guitar.

[roll0] +X, where X is something I need to check with Cadian.

You're still 1st tho, with your ridiculous Ini mod.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-16, 04:09 AM
2xMachina:

Ini +16, good pick up, btw. Got a song in your mind?

2xMachina
2010-08-16, 07:03 AM
Annnd it appears to be faster than you. Ini 36, so... Adum is the only one faster.

In light of this... do you want to restart this room? Or continue taking the halfling to appear right at this moment, after your posted actions.

First this it does is play this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQDw5UT8CnA)

Adumbration
2010-08-16, 08:36 AM
That depends. Is it visible during my turn?

If not, my actions will be unchanged. If it is visible, but no one else wants to change their turn, I need not either. If it is visible, but someone else wants to change their turn, I'll change mine too.

2xMachina
2010-08-16, 09:34 AM
It is visible. If you go for the roll back, we're going by Ini order then.

And Ahus doesn't seem to have rolled Ini yet...

I really should roll Ini for you guys next time.

Sachiru
2010-08-16, 09:54 AM
My vote is for things to continue, since either way I can't act anyway.

userpay
2010-08-16, 10:00 AM
Either way works for me.

Adumbration
2010-08-16, 10:06 AM
OOC:
Hmm... You know, I'm going to change my actions after all, just because I think I can do a much bigger impact that way.

Non-OOC:
Green and yellow sparks fly off Limper's body, and a small breeze rattles his clothes. He cackles wickedly, pointing a finger at the halfling in the back, and crushes a small fingerbone in his other hand.

Actions:
Cast Arcane Spellsurge as standard action, and then Fleshshiver (SpC page 95) as swift action. If the halfling doesn't have >16 HD, he is automatically stunned. If he does have more than 16 HD, he get's a save against the stun effect, DC 35.

Next round he has to make another Fort save with the same DC, or take [roll0] damage and be nauseated for [roll1] rounds.

Spell slots:
0th (DC 29, 9) 6/6
1st (DC 30, 5+SS) 10/11
2nd (DC 31, 4+SS) 5/10
3rd (DC 32, 4+SS) 5/10
4th (DC 33, 4+SS) 10/10
5th (DC 34, 3+SS) 9/10
6th (DC 35, 2+SS) 7/8
7th (DC 36, 1+SS) 5/6

2xMachina
2010-08-16, 01:47 PM
Fine, it's stunned.

And Troll 1 is charmed.

Waiting to see if you're going to kill troll 2.

userpay
2010-08-16, 03:18 PM
Yes, I do asuming your talking to me heheh.

Ahus
2010-08-16, 07:30 PM
ooc: sorry about the delay apparently you can be arrested for breaking leash laws... who knew...

Initiative: [roll0] +21(handy)edit don't know why I thought it was 16, Meh.

Manze sneaks silently into the center of the room (Hide [roll1] Move silently [roll2])
Use Charm Monster SLA (DC36) on Troll 2

Sachiru
2010-08-16, 08:59 PM
ooc: sorry about the delay apparently you can be arrested for breaking leash laws... who knew...

Initiative: [roll0] +16(handy)

Manze sneaks silently into the center of the room (Hide [roll1] Move silently [roll2])
Use Charm Monster SLA (DC36) on Troll 2

Don't forget (again) to add +21 to your initiative modifier (courtesy of my Motivate Dexterity aura)!

2xMachina
2010-08-17, 02:09 AM
Yes, I do asuming your talking to me heheh.

Ok, Combat reflexes and Inhuman reach, so 1 AoO
[roll0] for [roll1]
If hit, Awesome blow, so reflex DC damage or knocked back 10' and prone.

"Only a opportunity for awesomeness blows"

If you managed to attack him, you knock him out with the 3rd attack, and take
[roll2] fire damage from Mantle of Flame.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahus, where does your Hide in plain sight comes from?

In any case... User went and whacked it, so you can change your actions if you want.

Me: to keep tally of rewards later.

Helped
Sachiru: Troll 1
User: Troll 2
Adumbration: Bard
Ahus:

Adumbration
2010-08-17, 02:25 AM
Nice, a natural one. :smalltongue: Also, userpay, remember you've got Resist energy (fire) 30 on you.

Ahus
2010-08-17, 07:48 AM
Ooc: I have hips. I assumed that my concealment came from being on the other side of the door. If you would prefer I can bluff up a distraction @ +35.

Given that we are attacking troll 2 and troll 1 is charmed - Ill take a standard action to telepathically demoralize troll 2 [roll0]

Adumbration
2010-08-17, 08:05 AM
Umm, I think troll #2 is dead - or unconscious, at least. 2xMachina got a natural 1 on his attack roll, so I highly doubt he hit, and so userpay knocked him out. I think.

userpay
2010-08-17, 10:12 AM
O fire resist, nice. Hmm but I am going to have to alter my binds next we rest, I suppose having reach would be more important than a few natural ac.

2xMachina
2010-08-17, 10:47 AM
So... Ahus, attack Troll 1 or Halfling?

Ahus
2010-08-17, 01:35 PM
Ok then charm person SLA on halfling then (dc 38)

Sachiru
2010-08-17, 07:59 PM
Laylena hovers to within 10ft of the bard and begins casting.

Actions:

On my turn:
1) Mindsight feat activation, looking for invisible/hidden opponents and their locations.
2) If any are found, Glitterdust in area. If none, move to Bard and cast Twinned Ray of Ice (-1 to Level 5 spell slot), targeting the bard and dealing 5d6 + 5d6 damage, ranged touch attack roll 1d20+9.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] First Attack roll for spell 1 of 2 (twinned)

Sachiru
2010-08-17, 08:52 PM
Second Attack roll for twinned spell:

[roll0]

2xMachina
2010-08-18, 03:47 AM
Charm does not affect the halfling.

... waiting for full stats to see AC.

Adumbration
2010-08-18, 07:25 AM
Limper hovers over to the fallen troll, looking around attentively.

Actions:Move action to move to troll #2, ready an action to Fleshshiver any unexpected hostile popping up. I'll coup de grace the troll with Orb of Acid next round - unfortunately it takes a full-round action.

2xMachina
2010-08-18, 10:52 PM
2nd one hits and kill the halfling.

Troll 1: Hey buddy, are you ok?
Troll 2: I might be unconscious, but I'm still talking.

Next round.

Sachiru
2010-08-18, 11:13 PM
Laylena telepathically asks her teammates

Threat Eliminated. Which path to take, North Door or East Door?

userpay
2010-08-18, 11:40 PM
Telepathiclly to companions, not the troll.
Are you sure we shouldn't deal with the last troll now regardless of whether he attacks or not? Otherwise... East.

Sachiru
2010-08-19, 12:13 AM
Laylena responds telepathically:

Have mercy on him. He might extend the same to us in the future, when we meet him again.

Adumbration
2010-08-19, 04:27 AM
Limper drops a globe of acid on top of the downed troll. It starts sizzling, eating its way inside. "How about we go north?"

Actions
Coup de grace the downed troll with Orb of acid.

Damage:
[roll0]

2xMachina
2010-08-19, 07:59 AM
[roll0]

It dies.

Gold payout when you exit.

Adumbration
2010-08-19, 09:00 AM
"Shall we go? This spell won't last a few minutes longer." Limper indicates the golden sparks he's shedding.

Sachiru
2010-08-19, 09:03 AM
Laylena telepathically remarks to her teammates.

Please select a path. I shall use our charmed "friend" to open the door, in case of booby traps.

Ahus
2010-08-19, 12:08 PM
Telepathically to allies: If you will allow me a moment, I will check the doors.

North door search [roll0]
East door search [roll1]

Reaching out with mindsight 300' through each door to determine the presence of creatures on the other side.

Ahus
2010-08-19, 12:28 PM
Oh and while we are at it might as well loot the bodies...

Search the halfling [roll0]
Search what is left of the Troll [roll1]

2xMachina
2010-08-19, 01:36 PM
No traps.

Cadian told me: No looting the enemies here. Just take the gold reward.

Adumbration
2010-08-20, 02:59 AM
OOC:
So... We moving on? Which way?

Ahus
2010-08-20, 07:53 AM
Telepathically: "I had hoped that by finding a trap I could determine the most appropriate direction. Toward the trap, as there in no sense in trapping a door that leads nowhere... However, neither door appears to be trapped. I suggest that we start to the east and then before proceeding further return here and then check out the north door."

While we are deciding I shall be chowing down on a halfling's brain... P.S. Need to know it's highest mental stat and HD.

ooc: you are saying "No looting," I am hearing "Go ahead and swap out your stone of Psionic identify for something useful" presuming we don't need to I'd stuff before we use it if we buy it in the safe room.

2xMachina
2010-08-20, 08:40 AM
lvl 3, 18 Int/wis

Yeah, go swap it out.

Sachiru
2010-08-21, 09:02 AM
So, which way guys?

userpay
2010-08-21, 10:10 AM
I think the majority of us are saying east.

2xMachina
2010-08-21, 10:38 AM
Map:
{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_
1| | | | |X|X| |
2|||||||||||
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5|||||E|E||||D|
6|||||E|E||||D|
7|||||||||||
8|||||||||||
9|||||||||||
10|||||||||||
[/table]

The floor is covered with a muddy carpet.

There is a large lump of earth in the middle of the room. Roll me Knowledge the planes.

Rolling ini for you.
Dirt: [roll0]
Adum: [roll1]
Sachiru: [roll2]
user: [roll3]
Ahus: [roll4]

So... Order
user
Sach
Adum
Ahus
Dirt.

Rewards for last room:
Adum: 1500
Sachiru: 500
user: 500
Ahus: 0

Sorry Ahus. They killed it too fast. Get in on the kill to get money.

userpay
2010-08-21, 10:41 AM
planes
[roll0]

2xMachina
2010-08-21, 10:45 AM
Juust enough to recognize it as a Earth Elemental, Large.

You're 1st.

userpay
2010-08-21, 12:43 PM
Lets see, I'll charge to it (E4 assuming we came from the XX?) and do a barrel roll (tumble) to avoid aoos as I charge, then full attack.
tumble
[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30]

Sachiru
2010-08-21, 09:44 PM
Knowledge[The Planes] Roll

[roll0]

Sachiru
2010-08-21, 09:49 PM
Laylena sees the monstrosity in the room. Suspicious, she pings the entire room for the presence of other intelligent creatures, then starts casting her spell.

Actions:

Mindsight ping for creatures other than the thingy she sees. If she senses any, Glitterdust in area where she sensed the creatures. If none, casts Assay Spell Resistance on the thingy, and afterwards, Heartfreeze.

Adumbration
2010-08-22, 02:19 AM
Knowledge (the planes) (untrained): [roll0]

Adumbration
2010-08-22, 02:27 AM
I think I'm ahead Ahus - I got 33, he 32.

Limper looks around - surely this pityful thing can not be the only challenge in the room? Nevertheless, he decides to unbind whatever magics the mud thing possesses.

Actions:
Ready an action to... well, you guessed it, Fleshshiver any enemy that pops up unexpectedly.

And since I still have swift action to spend, and presumably Arcane spellsurge is still in effect... If the elemental is still up after the pounding the others gave him, use targeted Dispel Magic on it.

Dispel checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Spell slots:
0th (DC 29, 9) 6/6
1st (DC 30, 5+SS) 10/11
2nd (DC 31, 4+SS) 5/10
3rd (DC 32, 4+SS) 4/10
4th (DC 33, 4+SS) 9/10
5th (DC 34, 3+SS) 9/10
6th (DC 35, 2+SS) 7/8
7th (DC 36, 1+SS) 5/6

2xMachina
2010-08-22, 04:31 AM
And User smacks it.

It explodes, chunks of it flying off and hitting the walls.

Keep track of your own gold rewards will you? User gets another 500.

2 more Earth elementals appear. At AB-56 and EF-910. I suppose they act next round at the old elementals Ini.

So... Sachiru casts Assay Spell Resistance and Heartfreeze on 1.
... it does not appear to have a heart for you to freeze.
(Heartfreeze requires it not to be immune to Crit and a lump of dirt is immune to crits)
Your mindsight pings nothing else than what you can see.

Adum Fleshshivers the other. [roll0]
Stunned.

Sachiru
2010-08-22, 08:10 AM
Ah crud, I was afraid of the "replicating thingies" trick.

Adumbration
2010-08-22, 08:34 AM
Does Arcane sight reveal anything interesting?

Spellcraft checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Fleshshiver damage:
[roll5]

Time nauseated:
[roll6]

2xMachina
2010-08-22, 10:41 AM
Ahus still got to move before next round kicks in.

You see the walls glowing. It's summoning/creating the elementals?

Ahus
2010-08-22, 12:01 PM
Free Action: Dimension door to the glowing wall
Search for the source of the summoning : [roll0]
Disable device on the source : [roll1]

2xMachina
2010-08-22, 12:12 PM
I believe you may not disable the walls.

Ahus
2010-08-22, 12:30 PM
Search: 55 and Disable: 51 has gotta give some insight into how to turn it off. Dispel it? Nuke it? Something?

2xMachina
2010-08-22, 01:00 PM
Ah, it's made of Rails. Sorry.

You can do something else instead.

Ahus
2010-08-22, 05:12 PM
I suppose I'll use my charm monster spell like on one of the elementals (dc=41 cl=23 for sr) move normally to the other and tenticle attack it.
Attack : [roll0] Damage : [roll1]
Attack : [roll2] Damage : [roll3]
Attack : [roll4] Damage : [roll5]
Attack : [roll6] Damage : [roll7]
Attack : [roll8] Damage : [roll9]

2xMachina
2010-08-22, 11:51 PM
[roll0]

I suppose you use the non nauseated one to smack the nauseated one.

Scratch that...

I'll be nice and let you kill before charming something.

You smack 1 elemental, it explodes and hits the walls! You gain 500 gold!
E Elementals appears at AB-12 and AB 910!

1|E|E| | |X|X| |
2|E|E|||||||||
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5||||||||||D|
6||||||||||D|
7|||||||||||
8|||||||||||
9|E|E|||N|N|||||
10|E|E|||N|N|||||
[/table]
N is the nearly dead and nauseated elemental.

You Charm one of the new elementals!

Round 2!

userpay
2010-08-23, 12:55 AM
I seriously need to do up a word document with various roll sets and such for different situations so I don't have to retype it each time...

Charge to C3 with a tumble, attack.
tumble
[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30]

2xMachina
2010-08-23, 01:04 AM
1|||||X|X|||E|E|
2|||||||||E|E|
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5||||||||||D|
6||||||||||D|
7|E|E|||||||||
8|E|E|||||||||
9|E|E|||N|N|||||
10|E|E|||N|N|||||
[/table]

User smacks another! You gain 500 gold!
It explodes and hits the walls! 2 elementals appears.

Adumbration
2010-08-23, 01:42 AM
Going after Sachiru, of course, but I might as well post my turn.

Actions:
Standard action to use Greater Dispel Magic spell-like ability on the wall. Swift action to cast Dispel magic on another wall.

GDM:
[roll0]

Dispel magic:
[roll1]

Sachiru
2010-08-23, 02:17 AM
Posting this from mobile, so I'll make this brief:

Twinned streamers, targeting the two elementals.

2xMachina
2010-08-23, 05:04 AM
Lowest left charmed, the other 2 streamer-ed.

I'm not sure if the walls are suppressible.
Ya know what? I let you suppress them [roll0]
2nd one doesn't seem to work. (think CL 11+)

Choose 1 wall to be suppressed.

Adumbration
2010-08-23, 05:33 AM
I pick the western wall.

Ahus
2010-08-23, 08:23 AM
put up a wall of ectoplasm up covering the other wall (7pp),
ask charmed elemental @a9-b10 attack a7-b8
move to c7-d8
finish off neauseated elemental help out against a7-b8
A:[roll0] D:[roll1]
A:[roll2] D:[roll3]
A:[roll4] D:[roll5]
A:[roll6] D:[roll7]
A:[roll8] D:[roll9]

2xMachina
2010-08-23, 09:52 AM
Aren't there 4 walls? Which wall? (I suppose the south wall for maximum effect now?)

Charmed elemental's Ini not up yet.
Oh wait, yeah, you're last.

Charmed attacks the other.
[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

Both hits, and bull rushes it into the wall! However, the west wall in suppressed!

2xMachina
2010-08-23, 09:55 AM
Ahus, ranged attack? Cause I'm not sure how you can full attack both of them. (Need reach, or extra move?)

If you have...
Scratch that, you're large

You smack the nauseated elemental. You gain 250 gold!

Adum gains 250 gold!

(Get your kills in people)

Ahus
2010-08-23, 09:58 AM
Sorry, misread I thought it was just the walls on the two ends of the room I'll call it the south wall for now, I'm just trying to keep chunks of elemental from hitting the walls when they blow up...

I'm large so I am adjacent to both, and fast tenticles gives ability to attack with all tenticles in addition to whatever I might do as a standard action (i.e. Manifesting / using a SLA)

2xMachina
2010-08-23, 10:08 AM
And the last 4 attacks smacks the damaged elemental. You gain 500 gold!

Both explode and hits the walls 4 times! However, 2 of them fall to the ground without touching the wall. (Your efforts saved you 2 elementals)
AB12 again and IJ910

Sachiru is still at the door I think.

IJ12 moves in to attack!
[roll0] for [roll1]

Should be a miss.

2xMachina
2010-08-23, 10:11 AM
1|E|E|||X|X|E|E|||
2|E|E|||||E|E|||
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5||||||||||D|
6||||||||||D|
7|||||||||||
8|||||||||||
9|C|C|||||||E|E|
10|C|C|||||||E|E|
[/table]

Round 3, go!

Ahus
2010-08-23, 10:23 AM
Wasn't GH12 streamered?

2xMachina
2010-08-23, 11:18 AM
Oh yeah. Hmm, how many d6 does he take each? Should be 2 actions, so twice.

Ahus
2010-08-23, 12:11 PM
I think it's safe to just say it's dead... From my knowledge its 3 ribbons (liberal read = each doing full attacks at the casters BAB) (conservative read = readying a touch attack at BAB)+casting stat vs touch AC each hit doing 5d10 DMG each action the Elemental takes, i.e. Were it mine potentially (liberal 90d10) (conservative 30d10) if all touch attacks hit. It's probably one of the badest damage spells out there.

2xMachina
2010-08-23, 12:42 PM
*shrug* OK.

It explodes.
Hmm, trying new way to spawn them. Roll luck.
Clockwise starting top, 1-4 walls.
[roll0]
[roll1]
1 hits the north wall, and another hits the suppressed wall.
The replacement elemental appear where it was...

Sachiru gains 500 gp!

Adumbration
2010-08-23, 12:49 PM
A green ray emanating from Limper's hand strikes at one of the earth creatures. He flies to swing his mace at one of the other elementals.

OOC/actions:
I've pretty much lost count of the elementals, but presumably there are still some left. Swift action to blast one of the elementals to smithereens with Disintegrate.

Ranged touch attack:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

If it saves against DC 35, [roll2] damage.

Move action to move next to an elemental - if any - and attack as a standard action.

Attack roll:
[roll3]
Damage:
[roll4]

2xMachina
2010-08-23, 01:21 PM
Just keep track of your rewards.
Need User and Sachiru to act first.

There are 3 (+1 charmed) though, so plenty to go around.
[roll0]
So, you disintegrate 1 later.

userpay
2010-08-23, 04:13 PM
Since it looks like one popped up next to me I'll hit it.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]

Ahus
2010-08-23, 09:19 PM
So you aren't waiting on me...
Manze will lay another ectoplasmic wall this time shielding the north wall then open up some tenticles whupass on an elemental while sending my new buddy after yet another.

A: [roll0] D: [roll1]
A: [roll2] D: [roll3]
A: [roll4] D: [roll5]
A: [roll6] D: [roll7]
A: [roll8] D: [roll9]

Sachiru
2010-08-23, 10:07 PM
Laylena ponders, and telepathically sends to her teammates the following:

It is futile to continue fighting them since they will just multiply. Let's find an alternate route out of here instead and outrun them.

Afterwards, she "blinks" (Via Dimensional Jaunt) to I5I6 and attempts to open the door.

2xMachina
2010-08-24, 12:30 AM
User smacks it! Gain 500 gp!

It explodes and hits walls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
1 hits the ecto and another hits the suppressed. 2 rounds left.

Sachiru opens the door! However, all of you need to get into the hallway before you can enter the next room.

Adum disintegrates another! Gain 500 gp!

[roll2]
[roll3]

1 hits the east wall! An elemental appear out the walls to where it were!
1 hits the ecto wall, nothing happens...

Adum continues to smack another! However, it is still intact.

Ahus walls the north wall! (Do note you're walling your north door too... Unless you do just 1 side of it)

Ahus smacks another! Gain 500 gp!
[roll4]
[roll5]
Both hits the ecto wall! Nothing happens...

2xMachina
2010-08-24, 12:38 AM
1|||||X|X|E|E|||
2|||||||E|E|||
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5||||||||||D|
6||||||||||D|
7|||||||||||
8|||||||||||
9|||||||C|C|E|E|
10|||||||C|C|E|E|
[/table]
The charmed one attempts to attack the lower right elemental! It charges!
[roll0] for [roll1]
It didn't manage to damage it, but it bullrushes it into the wall!

2xMachina
2010-08-24, 12:43 AM
[roll0] vs [roll1] since they have the same stats.

It didn't manage to push the elemental into the wall...

Round 4, go!

userpay
2010-08-24, 12:47 AM
Telepathicly
They might be pointless to fight but it sure is fun.
Charge to F2 with a tumble
tumble
[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30]

2xMachina
2010-08-24, 12:57 AM
And the rewards!

User smacks it! He gains 500 gp!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Both hits the ecto walls, and nothing happens...

Cadian 9th
2010-08-24, 02:15 AM
You should prolly hint that the door can be opened... :smallbiggrin:
I used a spontaneous pixie for mine. :smallbiggrin:

Or not, this is rather funny, keep it up.

2xMachina
2010-08-24, 02:29 AM
You should prolly hint that the door can be opened... :smallbiggrin:
I used a spontaneous pixie for mine. :smallbiggrin:

Or not, this is rather funny, keep it up.

Sachiru opens the door! However, all of you need to get into the hallway before you can enter the next room.
Sachiru did try it last round.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-24, 02:47 AM
2xMachina

Ah, cool. My bad. :smallbiggrin:

Nothing to see here. :smallwink:

Ahus
2010-08-24, 12:45 PM
GH78 for the last elementa unless somebody gets there firstl...
Tenticles :
A: [roll0] D: [roll1]
A: [roll2] D: [roll3]
A: [roll4] D: [roll5]
A: [roll6] D: [roll7]
A: [roll8] D: [roll9]

Rapier :
A: [roll10] D: [roll11]

Provided this guy doesn't cause more to spawn in my way after he's gone I'll move to the door...

Adumbration
2010-08-24, 01:19 PM
Are there any left? If so, just move and swing mace.

Move action to move next to an elemental and attack as a standard action.

Attack roll:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

2xMachina
2010-08-24, 01:25 PM
Sachiru then Adum, then Ahus.

You could kill the charmed one too if you want. Or spawn more of them, lol.
Think Adum can half kill 1, and Ahus can finish it off and the other.

Sachiru
2010-08-24, 04:38 PM
Laylena sighs, then casts Disintegrate on the elemental at I(9-10)J(9-10).

2xMachina
2010-08-25, 03:22 AM
[roll0]

It disintegrates.

2xMachina
2010-08-25, 03:23 AM
It explodes and hits the walls:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Both hits the suppresed walls, nothing happens.

Sachiru gains 500 gp!

2xMachina
2010-08-25, 03:25 AM
Adum half kills the charmed one.
Ahus finishes it off.

Both gains 250 gp.

It explodes and hits the walls:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Both hits the ecto walls. Nothing happens.

There are no enemies left.

Adumbration
2010-08-25, 04:21 AM
OOC notes:
Spell slots:
0th (DC 29, 9) 6/6
1st (DC 30, 5+SS) 10/11
2nd (DC 31, 4+SS) 5/10
3rd (DC 32, 4+SS) 4/10
4th (DC 33, 4+SS) 9/10
5th (DC 34, 3+SS) 9/10
6th (DC 35, 2+SS) 6/8
7th (DC 36, 1+SS) 5/6

Gold:
250+500+250+1500 (last encounter)

2xMachina
2010-08-25, 12:16 PM
Do you move on?

If so...

That's it for "they’re coming out of the goddamn walls!"

And moving on to "Let’s just be friends"!

{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_
1|||||D|||||D|
2|||||||||||
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5|||||||||||
6|||||||||||
7|||||||||||||||X|
8|W||||||||||||||W|
9|||||||||||
10|||||||||||
11|||||||||||
12|||||||||||
13|||||||||||
14|||||||||||
15|||||||||||
[/table]

Hmm, you know what, let me check with Cadian. Do you want to back track to the other door you did not try?

Adumbration
2010-08-25, 02:49 PM
Either way works for me, but I guess it would be easiest (what with the map all ready) to move on and come back later.

2xMachina
2010-08-25, 02:52 PM
Actually, the map is not all that ready... I'm missing the placement of the opponents... That I got to ask Cadian.

Ahus
2010-08-25, 04:43 PM
I had originally intended a breadth first search but that is not so practical due to the wall I put up. If we have to come back to it later so be it maybe the duration will have expired or someone will have a disintegrate left. As it is we've expended enough resources in this room.

2xMachina
2010-08-25, 10:27 PM
Non dismissable?

On to the good news... I got the enemy placement.

And STARTING "Let’s just be friends"!

1|||||D|||||D|
2|||||||||||
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5|T||||||||||
6|T||||||||||
7|T|G|G||||||||||G|G|X|
8|W|G|G||||||||||G|G|W|
9|G|G||||||||||||G|G|
10|G|G||||||||||||G|G|
11|||||||||||
12|||||||||||
13|||||||||||
14|||||||||||
15|||||||||||
[/table]
There are 3 T's and 4 G's

T's are things with tentacles on their face. Roll me Dungeoneering
DC18Mind flayers
Pack of 4 G's are large Giants. Roll me nature.
DC14Ogres
X is where you start

userpay
2010-08-25, 11:29 PM
Oh dear this doesn't bode well I can already tell.
Dungeoneering
[roll0]
Nature
[roll1]

2xMachina
2010-08-26, 12:13 AM
Oh, damn, forgot to roll Ini.

Adum: [roll0]
Sachiru: [roll1]
user: [roll2]
Ahus: [roll3]
Giant: [roll4]
Tentacly: [roll5]

Hmm, the tentacly thing has lots of class features to keep track off...
... think I'm reading the stats right.
And there's be a bunch of giants, so, same I'm putting them same Ini.

Template for ini:

Adum: [roll6]
Sachiru: [roll7]
user: [roll8]
Ahus: [roll9]

2xMachina
2010-08-26, 12:35 AM
T3: charms Ogre in front of him. [roll0]
T2: Moves to F6, charms Ogre below your window. [roll1]
T1: moves to D5, charms Ogre left of your window. [roll2]

T3 moves to D3

You hear a voice from speakers in the room.
I must inform you... The Ogres are not affliated. You may convince them to help you... And each expenditure of 100gp adds a +5 bonus to the check.

What? Double post rather than edit...

All 3 are charmed

Sachiru
2010-08-26, 01:28 AM
Dungeoneering
[roll0]
Nature
[roll1]

Sachiru
2010-08-26, 01:31 AM
Laylena sees the tentacled creatures and senses foreboding. She immediately conjures a wall of smoke to block them.

Actions:
Cast Wall of Smoke from D1 to D15, Fortitude DC 34

Adumbration
2010-08-26, 01:47 AM
Knowledge nature:
[roll0]

No ranks in dungeoneering.

2xMachina
2010-08-26, 01:48 AM
... You do know they started first, and are at D or further in front right?

And you might want to deal with the charmed giants.

And more hints to the giants: Dull yellow/brown skin, and they smell. Their cured furs/hide clothing doesn't help either.

Ini order:
Tentacly
Sachiru
user
Adum
Ahus
Giant

Sachiru
2010-08-26, 02:07 AM
I'm still flying 60 feet above the ground, so...

2xMachina
2010-08-26, 07:27 AM
I thought you might have wanted to cut off LoS, but if you want to put the wall behind them, ok.

Sachiru
2010-08-26, 06:53 PM
I thought you might have wanted to cut off LoS, but if you want to put the wall behind them, ok.

Wait, behind?

No no no no no. Did I misread the map? I believe the T's are the tentacle guys, and the G's are the big guys. Assuming that we entered at either E1 or J1, I'm trying to intersperse the wall between us. If we enter the room at A8 or O8, however, I'm casting something else.

2xMachina
2010-08-27, 10:58 AM
Oh, sorry. Forgot to explain, since I thought I told you before.

You enter at the X position.
D's are exits. (Well, nothing to stop you from exiting at X... but you're not making progress that way).

Ahus
2010-08-27, 12:30 PM
Ooc: I had never looked at dismissability on the wall of ectoplasm before, so I had assumed that I was stuck with it, but now that you mention and I look again I guess it is dismissable.

Knowledge Dungeoneering (untrained) [roll0] (ps it seems odd to need to roll to id beings of my own species particurlarly when I can't fail to pass by less than 3)
Knowledge Nature (untrained) [roll1]

Provided noone does anything to prevent him doing so Maanze will
1: free action dimension door to e4-f5
2: fast tenticles attack all three Mind Flayers to the best of his ability making sure to hit each at least once
A:[roll2] D:[roll3]
A:[roll4] D:[roll5]
A:[roll6] D:[roll7]
A:[roll8] D:[roll9]
A:[roll10] D:[roll11]

3: Mass Suggestion targeting all three Mind Flayers (dc 36+1/hit, 1 Hit ignore immunity to compulsion/mind affecting)
"protect the new comers from the other mind flayers and the ogres"

Adumbration
2010-08-28, 01:49 AM
Limper touches one of the ogres in front of him, invoking the ancient process of instant mummification.

Cast Mummification (Sandstorm).

Concentration check (cast defensively):
[roll0]

Touch attack:
[roll1]

DC 35 Fort save or be instantly killed and mummified. On a succesful save, [roll2] desiccation damage and automatical dehydration.

Sachiru
2010-08-28, 11:58 PM
In that case:

Laylena concentrates, calling upon rivulets of power that begin to suffuse her being. She beings speaking rapidly and nearly incoherently. With a single word, ribbons of energy erupt from her hands, enveloping her enemies and securely affixing themselves to their forms.

Actions.

1) Twinned Streamers (6 Streamers), 2 of which hit Giant at C(7-8)D(7-8), 2 of which hit Giant at A(9-10)B(9-10), and the last 2 hitting Tentacle Guy at A7.
2) Consume 3 charges from the Belt of Battle to gain one standard action.
3) Twinned Streamers (6 Streamers), 2 of which hit Giant at M(7-8)N(7-8), 2 of which hit Giant at N(9-10)O(9-10), one hitting Tentacle Guy at A6, and the last hitting Tentacle Guy at A5.

2xMachina
2010-08-29, 04:05 AM
OK, they're streamer-ed.

Just need User's action to finish this round.

userpay
2010-08-29, 09:13 AM
Sorry about that, uh 5ft step to 8-O and I should be in range of both giants right? If so splite my attacks up evenly between the two.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]

2xMachina
2010-08-29, 01:47 PM
Sachiru: Streamers them all
User: kills 2 giants and gets 300gp
Adum needs a new action.
Ahus would need to wait for now.

Adumbration
2010-08-29, 02:11 PM
So, uh, what enemies do we have left now?

2xMachina
2010-08-30, 01:12 AM
3 tentacly who are streamered. (Not dead yet, but might be later)
1 charmed giant
1 uncharmed giant. (both at the opposite side, so you've to move.)

Adumbration
2010-08-30, 02:26 PM
Roger that. Use spell-like ability Confusion on the uncharmed giant. Will save DC 30.

Ahus
2010-08-30, 06:06 PM
I expect it's going to be a waste of a perfectly good Mass Suggestion but I stand by my previous action...

2xMachina
2010-08-31, 03:36 AM
You do know the uncharmed giants can go on either side? Win a check to bring him over, and he'll help against the tentaclies. (Though they are rather OP, and I'm not sure the giants can do any noticeable damage)

Oh well, it's $$$ if you kill them anyway.

Will save giant[roll0]
Giant is confused!

The tentaclies appear to laugh at your attempts to hit them.
will save:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Tentaclies laughs harder at your attempts to charm them.

2xMachina
2010-08-31, 03:40 AM
Confusion: [roll0]

Giant: Lemony gold stand fly!

1 giant appear from each (W)indow.

I expect the streamer-ed+charmed giant to explode on doing anything.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-31, 04:21 AM
2xMachina

Have the new mage guy burst out of the last ogre, mindblasting in the suprise round then roll ini again. It is awsome. Blood everywhere.

Keep it up, you're doing great. I look foward to seeing how this party deals with Stone Smasher and MindWarMage.

2xMachina
2010-08-31, 04:22 AM
Hmm, I forgot SR 25.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Tentaclies casts defensively:
(Supposed to be mass charm, but I don't see how they get that... so Acid Arrow spell here. They do have very good direct damage...)
If pass SR, roll your streamers.
Ranged touch attack against
Sach [roll3]
User [roll4]
Ahus [roll5]

If hit, take
Sach [roll6] acid
User [roll7] acid
Ahus [roll8] acid
for 3 rounds.

2xMachina
2010-08-31, 04:26 AM
2xMachina

Have the new mage guy burst out of the last ogre, mindblasting in the suprise round then roll ini again. It is awsome. Blood everywhere.

Keep it up, you're doing great. I look foward to seeing how this party deals with Stone Smasher and MindWarMage.

Cadian:Hmm, 1 more mind flayer mage?
Oh, and your Int + factotum + warmage totally fries things with direct damage.
BTW, not sure how they get mass charm. A singular charm is a bit weak to use.

You might just have more on your hands...

Cadian 9th
2010-08-31, 04:32 AM
Cadian:Hmm, 1 more mind flayer mage?
Oh, and your Int + factotum + warmage totally fries things with direct damage.
BTW, not sure how they get mass charm. A singular charm is a bit weak to use.

You might just have more on your hands...

2xMachina
Hooboy, I didn't realise that. These guys are getting a serious fight.

I actually intended them as a single guy, but now I think about it, MUHAHAHAHA.

Abrupt jaunt, remember. And reach+ evasive reflexes.

"Let's bring the pain! "

2xMachina
2010-08-31, 04:46 AM
2xMachina
Hooboy, I didn't realise that. These guys are getting a serious fight.

I actually intended them as a single guy, but now I think about it, MUHAHAHAHA.

Abrupt jaunt, remember. And reach+ evasive reflexes.

"Let's bring the pain! "

Cadian: Those that got tagged are eating 180 damage over 3 rounds.
And if they have a good AC, eat Magic missile, +60 damage.

It is rather OP...

As for jaunt, didn't think I need it yet so far. The touch AC is what? 70+?

I'm not sure how'd you kill them actually.

Sachiru
2010-08-31, 07:19 AM
Misses me, AC of 69.

2xMachina
2010-08-31, 09:24 AM
Yeah, someone with enough cheese compared to them.
Your streamers need rolling BTW. (I believe you pierce Tentacly 2's SR)
Or shall I roll them for you next time?

No more extras I believe. They're pretty strong as is.

And it is Round 3, your move.

userpay
2010-08-31, 10:02 AM
Hmm need to roll to penatrate my SR, 17, unless one of the spells cast on me earlier raised my SR and thats the 25 that you rolled against. Also did any of those spells earlier raise my touch ac? Otherwise I'm hit ac wise.

2xMachina
2010-08-31, 11:12 AM
Oh, SR.

[roll0]

Acid arrow: SR: No

Hmm, the streamers might be too. Sachiru, ignore the SR rolls, and roll your streamers if so.

You better hope they get hit and disturbs the casting.

Adumbration
2010-08-31, 11:49 AM
Is there any way we could get everyone (allies, I mean) within 5-10 feet of me? I could probably whip up a flensing sandstorm of the tornado variety to rain on their parade.

Sachiru
2010-08-31, 06:50 PM
Yeah, someone with enough cheese compared to them.
Your streamers need rolling BTW. (I believe you pierce Tentacly 2's SR)
Or shall I roll them for you next time?

No more extras I believe. They're pretty strong as is.

And it is Round 3, your move.

Nah, you rolling for me is good.
Streamers
To-hit
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Damage (assuming they took only one action)
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

2xMachina
2010-09-01, 01:21 AM
Their AC is as high as yours, so they miss.

Your turn now.

Adum, you could ask them to move over to you?

I'm kinda interested to see how you guys will kill them. Cause I'm not sure I can build something to kill them.

Adumbration
2010-09-01, 09:11 AM
Limper messages Laylena telepathically (I'm presuming two-way communication is possible via telepathy): "Tell all our allies to gather around me. I'm going to unleash a storm of sand upon them." Ready an action to cast Sandstorm when all allies are nearby.

EDIT: Specifications: tornado-force winds, clockwise, eye of calm around Limper. Don't forget the suffocation effect.

Sachiru
2010-09-01, 09:22 AM
Hmm, need to ponder over that.

Laylena casts Tormenting Thirst on tentacle-thingy on A6.

userpay
2010-09-01, 09:57 AM
(ooc arn't we already near Limper? I don't think anyof us has moved farther than 5 ft away from Limper except for someone who's 60ft in the air or something.)

2xMachina
2010-09-01, 12:47 PM
*Poof*
Reality warps and you find that the tentaclies explode from your previous attacks. They died casting. You suffered no spell.
Gold pending.

Sorry, I misread the pdf. The 3 are not meant to be so powerful. Just stock mind flayers. And your efforts so far would have killed them.

Still 3 uncharmed ogres around if you'd care.

Sachiru
2010-09-01, 09:52 PM
Oh, in that case, could I use Charm Gaze on Uncharmed Ogre number 1, instead of Tormenting Thirst?

2xMachina
2010-09-01, 10:37 PM
The one near you, or away?

Anyway, made a mistake:
1 away is confused, 1 uncharmed
near is uncharmed

Hmm, reseeing the round... if you don't get hit with the spell, the effect shouldn't be that different, given that the streamers will kill them this round or Ahus/User will smack them before.

Ahus
2010-09-02, 06:15 AM
Didn't the ogres get streamered in the first round as well.

Given the change to the Flayers, did my suggestion work and did I still get nailed for 2/3 of my hp with another 2/3 comming unless I do something about it in a hurry?

2xMachina
2010-09-02, 07:55 AM
That ogre exploded earlier.

Round 2 did not happen.

Sachiru
2010-09-03, 01:29 AM
Oo..kay.

So, exactly what just happened to us? Kinda confused.

2xMachina
2010-09-03, 02:03 AM
Round 1:
Tentacly charms ogres.
You streamer them + smack them + 1 ogre
some ogres explode from streamer (probably...)
2 more ogres appear from the windows
Round 2:
Tentaclies attempts to cast, get hit by streamers and dies by the combined damage (rather the successfully cast it)
Your move.

Sachiru
2010-09-03, 09:00 AM
Sorry about this, but could we get an updated map before I announce my move?

2xMachina
2010-09-03, 10:33 AM
1|||||D|||||D|
2|||||||||||
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5|||||||||||
6|||||||||||
7||G|G||||||||||||X|
8|W|G|G||||||||||||W|
9|G|G||||||||||||G|G|
10|G|G||||||||||||G|G|
11|||||||||||
12|||||||||||
13|||||||||||
14|||||||||||
15|||||||||||
[/table]

Should be it I think. You guys killed 3. 2 more popped up.

Sachiru
2010-09-05, 01:17 AM
In that case:

Laylena considers how a gargantuan giant can fit through a small window. To prevent such an occurrence, she casts Wall of Smoke.

Actions:
Wall of Smoke extending from A1-A15.

2xMachina
2010-09-05, 02:10 AM
Umm, yeah. Probably should do 2x2's, but well, squeezing works.

Smokes up.

Ahus
2010-09-08, 07:33 PM
Seeing as it has been a few days I'll just go and let the Adum and User catch up as they will...

Maanzecorian will Mind Blast the Ogres at B7-C8 and A9-B10 and tentacle attack the Ogre at N9-O10...

Mind Blast Will DC = 18 or stun for [roll0]

A:[roll1] D:[roll2]
A:[roll3] D:[roll4]
A:[roll5] D:[roll6]
A:[roll7] D:[roll8]
A:[roll9] D:[roll10]

If that doesn't kill it outright I'll begin a grapple
Grapple: [roll11] +2/hit

Adumbration
2010-09-10, 04:30 AM
Sorry about not posting for a while, I've been extremely busy IRL. (College just started.) I'll try and post as soon as possible.

2xMachina
2010-09-10, 05:28 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Both stunned.

And you killed the other ogre. Gain 150 gp. (And if I forgot to tell you, the ogres you killed earlier also pays 150 gp)

And I believe I haven't told you how much for the tentacly. 1025 gp for everyone.

userpay
2010-09-10, 09:53 AM
Ye I've partially not been posting due to a combo of rl/confused about wtf is going on. Are we just gonna continue posting as a block or can we just switch to everyone by turn order?

2xMachina
2010-09-11, 04:11 AM
Hmm, I'm sorry. I usually will sort it out, and post the entire round when it happens, but I seem to have forgotten...

Sachiru: Walls
user:
Adum:
Ahus: Mindblast/attack.

If you want to go by turn order, that's also ok, though a bit slower.

userpay
2010-09-11, 09:40 AM
So whats left anyway?

2xMachina
2010-09-11, 12:54 PM
Well, you could attack the walled ones, or the one Ahus wanted to attack. You got dibs, cause your Ini is higher.

userpay
2010-09-11, 07:00 PM
I'll attack one of the wall ones I guess?
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]

Adumbration
2010-09-13, 10:05 AM
Orb of Acid on anything that's still alive, I guess.

[roll0]
[roll1]

2xMachina
2010-09-13, 11:54 AM
You kill them all. User and Adum gets 150 each. (Ahus was paid earlier)

The last Ogre, killed by Ahus explodes! And you see the familiar form of the tentacly emerge from it.

Surprise round.
Mindblast. 60' cone. Should get most of you?
Depending on how high Sachiru is, might catch you too.
DC17 will save to resist stun. (Pretty easy for you I think)

2xMachina
2010-09-13, 11:55 AM
Crap, didn't roll.

Tentacly: [roll0]
Adum: [roll1]
Sachiru: [roll2]
user: [roll3]
Ahus: [roll4]

Tentacly
User
Adum
Sachiru
Ahus

2xMachina
2010-09-13, 12:07 PM
Stun duration: [roll0] rounds

Abrupt jaunt away from Ahus to the other 2 on the ground.

Scorching ray 1 each
Ranged touch:
Adum[roll1] for [roll2]
User[roll3] for [roll4]

Sachiru
2010-09-14, 08:35 PM
Will Save Roll:

[roll0]

Still flying 60' from the ground.

Adumbration
2010-09-15, 02:31 PM
Will save (mind you, if it's mind-affecting, I'm immune):
[roll0]

Also, roll a caster level check for that scorching ray. I've got SR 34.

EDIT: And fire resistance 30. As does userpay.

2xMachina
2010-09-16, 03:32 AM
CL too low to pass that SR.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-16, 04:07 AM
2xMachina:

Kelgore's fire Bolt still gets warmage edge. So d6+60. We should get him streamers, eh?

2xMachina
2010-09-16, 08:11 AM
Cadian
Didn't know about that spell. Will do.
Heh, streamers are overkill.

userpay
2010-09-16, 10:05 AM
SR of 17 here, not that they could probably easily beat that.
[roll0]

2xMachina
2010-09-17, 06:21 AM
CL check: [roll0]

Sachiru
2010-09-27, 09:00 AM
So, any news on the others?

userpay
2010-09-27, 09:28 AM
Eh sorry I've kinda lost interest + being busy. If this were to continue I wouldn't mind letting someone else take my place.