PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could ignore myself

Ichneumon
2010-08-09, 09:54 AM
Everytime she is near me, you know. Wherever I go, she has to be there too and she just wont shut up! She always interrupts me when I try to speak.Even when she doesn't talk I can hear her thoughts, read her forum posts and every time I post something in a thread, she posts the exact same thing in that exact same thread at exactly the same time.

I am done with her and want to ignore the user "Ichneumon", but everytime I try I get the following message: Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

Is this the mods trying to make our lives more difficult? Can anyone else ignore themselves?

(In case people ask, this thread is a joke, or at least a very lame attempt at one caused by accessive boredom due to too long holidays with very repetitive days)

The Succubus
2010-08-09, 09:58 AM
Because schizophrenia is fun, amirite? :smalltongue:

Sounds to me like you need a new forum stalker, as stalking yourself clearly isn't working out. May I suggest turning this thread over to potential candidates so that you can judge them on their credentials?

Dogmantra
2010-08-09, 10:04 AM
Because schizophrenia is fun, amirite? :smalltongue:

Schizophrenia does not work that way. :smallannoyed:

tonberrian
2010-08-09, 10:05 AM
You know, you can always change your name. If you do, I can almost guarantee that Ichneumon will stop stalking you.

Winthur
2010-08-09, 10:08 AM
Everytime she is near me, you know. Wherever I go, she has to be there too and she just wont shut up! She always interrupts me when I try to speak.Even when she doesn't talk I can hear her thoughts, read her forum posts and every time I post something in a thread, she posts the exact same thing in that exact same thread at exactly the same time.

I am done with her and want to ignore the user "Ichneumon", but everytime I try I get the following message: Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

Is this the mods trying to make our lives more difficult? Can anyone else ignore themselves?

(In case people ask, this thread is a joke, or at least a very lame attempt at one caused by accessive boredom due to too long holidays with very repetitive days)

Yo dawg, we heard u wish u could ignore yourself, so we quote you twice so you can try ignoring yourself while trying to ignore yourself.

Raz_Fox
2010-08-09, 10:10 AM
Schizophrenia does not work that way. :smallannoyed:

Quite right, old chum. That's Split Personality Disorder that Massamune is thinking about, which - despite what television has taught us - is not synonymous with schizophrenia.

Yo dawg, we heard u wish u could ignore yourself, so we quote you twice so you can try ignoring yourself while trying to ignore yourself.

Even though I hate using internet slang, I believe the only proper response here is that I LOLed. :smallbiggrin:

Sneak
2010-08-09, 10:14 AM
Quite right, old chum. That's Split Personality Disorder that Massamune is thinking about, which - despite what television has taught us - is not synonymous with schizophrenia.

Actually, it's been rebranded as dissociative identity disorder (DID) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder). And there's some controversy over whether or not it actually exists, or what form it takes if it does exist.

Phase
2010-08-09, 10:16 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/8z4i1s.png

The Succubus
2010-08-09, 10:22 AM
My mistake, sorry >.> Just ignore me. :smalltongue:

Teddy
2010-08-09, 10:23 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/8z4i1s.png

Heh, I got "We can't help you ignore yourself." when I tried.

IonDragon
2010-08-09, 10:46 AM
I could ignore you all if that would make you feel better...

Allan Surgite
2010-08-09, 01:33 PM
I wish I could ignore you, too.

...:smalltongue:

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2010-08-09, 01:34 PM
I ignored myself once. It was the most peaceful nanosecond of my entire life. :smalltongue:

Marnath
2010-08-09, 05:00 PM

I also must admit i loled. :smallsmile:

Rawhide
2010-08-09, 05:05 PM
Scene: Command & Conquer, the original DOS/pre-Windows 95 version, multiplayer game hosting lobby

Error message: You can't kick yourself, you might develop serious self-esteem problems!

Rae Artemi
2010-08-09, 05:28 PM
I've ignored my ignoring of myself before. That was a really confusing day.

Mx.Silver
2010-08-09, 05:29 PM
I managed it once on another forum somewhere. At least, I think I did, as I've never been able to see the lack of the posts I've been ignoring. I do remember it made editing out typos a very awkward business.

FoE
2010-08-09, 06:12 PM
I wish I could ignore myself too. Particularly when my brain tells me to burn things.

Vero
2010-08-10, 08:15 AM
Scene: Command & Conquer, the original DOS/pre-Windows 95 version, multiplayer game hosting lobby

Error message: You can't kick yourself, you might develop serious self-esteem problems!

VBulletin tip #42: Not much will be accomplished by merging this thread with itself.

O how too often have I seen that >.<