PDA

View Full Version : Avatar the Last Airbender d20 NPC's

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 01:20 PM
As many of you know our forums have created the avatar d20 system. Recently, I've begun running an PbP on these boards. As I was mulling it over one night I realized one thing I needed.

I needed NPC's and lots of them. Realizing this I began to work on creating them for the 4 different nations. Obviously, this is in its early stages so I won't have many NPC's. However, as time goes on I will add more (hopefully at least one every other day), so that GMs running things in the Avatar Universe can have something to draw from.

All stats are built using 28 point buy, and HP are max at first level and then average.

Air Nomads:

Air Nomad Initiate:
Male or Female Airbender 2
CG medium humanoid (human)
Init +3 Listen +7/ Spot +7

AC: 17 (+2 Class, +2 Dex, +3 Wis) Flat Footed 15, Touch 17
HP: 12
Fort + 0, Ref +5, Will +6

Spd: 30 (six squares)
Melee: Airbenders Staff +2 (1d6)
Ranged Attack: Air Blast +3 Special
Base Attack +1
Attack Options: Deflect Attack
Special Attacks: Air Blast

Abilities: Str 10, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 10
SQ: Body of Air, Wind Shaping
Feats: Ability Focus (Air Blast), Skill Focus (Airbending)
Skills: Airbending +14, Balance +6, Jump +7, Knowledge (Bending Arts) +8, Listen +7, Spot +5, Tumble +10
Airbending Seeds: Airbenders Leap, Air Thrust
Possessions: Airbenders Staff, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, 2 days trail rations, travelers outfit (monk robes), waterskin, 10gp

Bio/Tactics: This is a young airbender found at an airbending temple, or just traveling outside it. They have not earned their tattoos yet, and don't carry much with them, just the essentials. In the temple complex they are often found in groups of 3, with an airbending instructor teaching them. Outside the temple, they usually stick together. Common tactics are to use Air Thrust to push their opponent where they want them to go. They then follow up with Airbenders Leap, to gain tactical control. In melee they use their staff.

Airbending Instructor
Male or Female Airbender 5
CG medium humanoid (human)
Init +3 Listen +7/ Spot +7

AC: 20(+3 Class, +3 Dex, +1 Dodge, +3 Wis) Flat Footed 19, Touch 20
HP: 24
Fort + 1, Ref +7, Will +7

Spd: 30 (six squares) Fly 30 feet (poor) (six squares)
Melee: Airbenders Staff +4 (1d6)
Ranged Attack: Air Blast +6 Special
Base Attack +3
Special Attacks: Air Blast

Abilities: Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 10
SQ: Body of Air, Wind Shaping
Feats: Ability Focus (Air Blast), Extra Seed (Air Shield), Skill Focus (Airbending)
Skills: Airbending +17, Balance +11, Jump +11, Knowledge (Bending Arts) +10, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Listen +7, Spot +5, Tumble +14
Airbending Seeds: Airbenders Leap, Air Shield, Air Thrust, Run as the Wind, Stormwinds
Possessions: Airbenders Staff, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, 2 days trail rations, travelers outfit (monk robes), waterskin, 10gp

Bio/Tactics: This is an airbending instructor found at the local airbending temple. They have earned their tattoos and spend most of their time teaching new students, or in some cases circling the globe. In the temple they are most often found with students. Outside the temple, they tend to be solitary wanders as other airbenders of their level are harder to find, outside the temple. In battle Airbending instructors, use Airbenders Leap, and Run as the Wind to go into the best position for combat. They then use stormwinds to keep enemy's in their place, and follow up with Air Thrust to blow them away. In melee they use their staff, or Air Thrust to knock an opponent away.

Earth Kingdom

Novice Earthbending Soldier
Male or Female Earthbender 2
LN medium humanoid (human)
Init +1 Listen +4/ Spot +4

AC: 17(+3 Armor, +3 Class, +1 Dex,) Flat Footed 16, Touch 14, DR 2/-
HP: 16
Fort + 5, Ref +1, Will +5

Melee: Warhammer +4 (1d8+2)
Ranged Attack: Earth Blast +3 Special
Base Attack +1
Special Attacks: Earth Blast

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10
SQ:
Feats: Skill Focus (Earthbending), Weapon Focus (Warhammer)
Skills: Climb +5, Earthbending +11, Jump +6, Knowledge (Bending Arts) +8, Knowledge (Geography) +5, Listen +4, Profession (Soldier) +7, Spot +4
Earthbending Seeds: Earth Wall, Catapult
Possessions: Masterwork Chain Shirt, Warhammer, 2 day trail rations, waterskin, bedroll, flint and steel 10 gp.

Bio/Tactics: This a a young Earth Kingdom soldier man or woman. These soldiers tend to be very proud of who they are and are very straight-forward. They are often found in patrol groups in the Earth Kingdom, or among the main army. They are often found in groups of 3 with a senior commanding officer. There tactics are to first use catapult to launch the enemy away. They then follow up with an Earth Blast. In melee they use the warhammer.

Water Tribe

Waterbending Student
Male or Female Waterbender 2
NG medium humanoid (human)
Init +2 Listen +8/ Spot +8

AC: 17(+2 Armor, +3 Class, +2 Dex, ) Flat Footed 15, Touch 15 DR 1/-
HP: 14
Fort + 1, Ref +5, Will +6

Melee: Club +1 (1d6)
Ranged Attack: Water Blast +3 Special
Base Attack +1
Special Attacks: Water Blast

Abilities: Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 12
SQ:
Feats: Skill Focus (Waterbending), Track
Skills: Concentration +6, Knowledge (Bending Arts) +6, Listen +8, Spot +8, Survival +8, Waterbending +13
Waterbending Seeds: Ice Shards, Water Whip
Possessions: , Bedroll, Club, Cold Weather Outfit, Flint and Steel, Masterwork Leather Armor 2 days trail rations, 2 waterskins, 10gp

Bio/Tactics: This is a young waterbending student. They are wise and resourceful young benders. They are often found in groups of 3 learning from a waterbending instructor. Tachtics in battle are to use ice shards from a range in combination with their water blasts. In melee they will use water whips. Also, at least one can be found in water tribe hunting parties.

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 01:22 PM
Reserved, if I need it.

6/9 Added Airbending Initiate, Airbending Instructor, and Earth Kingdom Novice Soldier.
6/10 Added Student Waterbender

Imbasel
2010-08-09, 01:23 PM
Reserved, again hey who knows I plan on making a lot.

Imbasel
2010-08-10, 09:37 AM
Bump. Anybody have any comments?