PDA

View Full Version : Send in the Riders

Doctor Acula
2010-08-09, 02:08 PM
For the last three months a horrible plague has fallen Eberron. Towns have randomly been found dead, every man woman and child slain. With no survivors there are no accounts of who or what is doing this, but the last attack was different. A strange dragon suddenly appeared in the middle of Sharn, he screamed about a new age coming for 3 full minutes. Witness accounts say he claimed to be working with a group of 15, calling themselves "The Furious Fifteen", then, while ignoring any resistance he demanded that the city be evacuated before leveling it to nothing but rubble.

You have been called to throne hold by an elderly old wizard named "Hilfmir", he waits eagerly for you in his personal study, which is large and expansive.

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-09, 05:05 PM
Ko

"Damn difficult to get papers nowadays," Ko mutters as she enters. "Sorry if I'm late."

She appears as a small human woman about twenty years old, weighed down by any number of scarves and jewelry (as well as odder things, such as the net or a long green vine wrapped around her shoulders). Casually snatching a pair of gently floating stones from the air, she shoves them in some hidden pocket made from one of the many knotted cloths and bows slightly towards the wizard.

Ernir
2010-08-09, 06:32 PM
Maure

The young woman remains silent, watching with alert eyes. She is decked in jewelry and fine silks, in an odd combination of decoration and practicality. Her dress is divided for riding, and the small, green gemstone hanging on her forehead obviously serves some magical purpose.

sdeligar
2010-08-09, 06:47 PM
Michael

It was never a good sign when you start getting summons by royalty. Personally Michael always did his best to avoid it because usually when royalty starts taking notice of trouble that means it really Bad. Plus, he was always getting lost in there stupid castles.

After getting turned around a few times and directions from a half dozen guards he finally enters the study looking around before approaching the elderly king. "Michael Cardiggan, at your service. He may not like royalty much but he still made sure to show them a little respect. My companion should be joining us soon. If he can fit into the room that is."

Rauthiss
2010-08-09, 11:58 PM
Crucius

A thumping sound resonates through the room as a large, metallic sphinx makes her way into the room. A series of stones orbit her head, and she carries many accessories on her almost robotic body. She is stooped over and somewhat cramped, her rider next to her right forepaw. She bows as much as possible to the wizard.
"Hello, Sir. My rider, the warforged, and I have answered your call. What do you have need of?"

Forever Curious
2010-08-10, 12:23 AM
Libram stands next to his "assistant", his face partially covered by a strange mask. He carried a single black bag on his back, and was dressed in a worn leather trenchcoat that looked as though to have seen all of Ebberon. It was strange to him that House Cannith had enlisted him to answer the summons of this wizard. But thus the will of his employers. The warforged stood silently, awaiting instructions from this man.

H Savvy
2010-08-10, 11:46 AM
A massive bird's head appears in one of the windows, rapping impatiently on the glass. A young page standing nearby looks startled, but a nod from the wizened old man, opens the window.

The giant eagle, clinging to the vines and masonry outside the window, calls in to his friend. "I think I shall be much more comfortable out here, Michael. Kreeee! Where I can stretch my wings from time to time!"

As if to demonstrate his point, the massive eagle launches himself from the wall, swooping and circling just outside the room. With a mighty flutter of his massive wings, he comes back to a rest on the sill, sticking his head through the window, cocked to one side.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-11, 04:33 PM
Hilfmir says speedily with arms full of scrolls. Thank you all very much for coming. I assume you all know why we are here. He says while unrolling several maps on the table Now the dragon was last seen flying south of Sharn, now the only thing south of Sharn is Flint Keep, if he passes Flint Keep then he is probably going to Xen'Drik. I think if you can reach Flint Keep before the dragon then you may be able to catch him. Remember that he can only fly, you on the other hand, can teleport.

Forever Curious
2010-08-11, 11:25 PM
Libram shifted uncomfortably at the wizard's words. There was an inaccuracy, if only he could figure it out...

Knowledge (arcana) [roll0]

Because, as you and I know, dragons CAN teleport. Let's see if Libram knows how, though.

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-12, 12:17 AM
Ko

"…Do we know anything about him? I mean, he leveled Sharn. That's not - trivial." Understatement of the decade. "I'm not sure it's the best idea to blindly chase after him, much as I would love to sink my teeth in this overgrown lizard's throat before supper."

Doctor Acula
2010-08-12, 06:33 AM
Well he's not your normal blue dragon that's for sure. I mean, he took damage from the entire city for three full minutes. I honestly couldn't yell you what makes him so special. I think right now we really just need to throw everything we've got at it.

OOC
yes the wizard could just do divination but you guys have access to divination spells. The wizard really only knows locations and hearsay, you guys are easily 5 levels over him at least.

Forever curious, I don't know what your rolling for knowledge of?

Forever Curious
2010-08-12, 08:55 AM
To see if Libram knows that dragons in general can cast spells, and therefore have access to teleportation.

sdeligar
2010-08-12, 11:52 AM
"A whole city threw damage at this guy for three whole minutes and he didn't even seem to notice? Well, at this should be fun. Was the dragon alone or did he have a rider or maybe a group of followers?"

Rauthiss
2010-08-12, 11:58 AM
"Wait." The sphinx has a look of shock on her face. "He leveled Sharn in three minutes? Sharn? If he can do that, we're not going to do anything to him. And he's working with 15 others like him? I suggest we lay low - even power like mine is no match for that."

Forever Curious
2010-08-12, 01:28 PM
The warforged nodded to himself, remembering the detail he had missed. "Let us also not forget that dragons are natural spellcasters," commented Libram in a monotone. "Therefore, I can see no reason that this particular dragon could not teleport as well..."

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-12, 01:54 PM
Ko shrugs. "Doesn't matter. We don't catch him when he's got a chance to teleport, we catch him when he's unaware. Find a good scryer, someone who can get past whatever wards he may have up, wait until he's not ready, pounce. Might take a couple of teleport spells - some of us are rather large - but at least we'll be relatively quick. I think we need to watch him for a while, though, first."

Forever Curious
2010-08-12, 01:58 PM
If warforged could chuckle, Libram would have. "Scying and tracking: my areas of expertise.' With that, he open his bag and produced a perfectly clear but slightly chipped glass sphere. "Would we happen to know the dragon's name or have anything he touched? If not, we may have to rely on my higher magics which may take more time than is optimal."

H Savvy
2010-08-12, 04:22 PM
"Would that we were pursuing grounded quarry! Keen eyes are swift indeed," Landroval added, his own keen orbs twinkling. "Swifter still when those eyes are borne by the swift of wing. I'm afraid there is little to track in the path of a flying wyrm, however."

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-12, 04:38 PM
"Anything he touched? Certainly. We'll head over to Sharn and pick up a piece of rubble. Unless you think one of the refugees took a souvenir - then we can get it more quickly," Ko says dryly.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-12, 07:13 PM
She's right Hilfmir says gesturing towards Ko you have a vast array of things he touched in Sharn

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-12, 07:24 PM
Ko blinks and mutters, "I was joking. Though I suppose we'll have to get down there anyway."

Forever Curious
2010-08-13, 12:07 AM
Libram nods sternly, returning the orb to his pack. "My assistant and I do not require rest or nourishment. We can leave immediately, if that is the decided course of action." The warforged looks around at the other members of the party, looking each of them in the eye if for a brief second.

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-13, 12:24 AM
Ko shrugs. "Fine with me. I assume you can teleport, then?

…And we do know that there's no guarantee he actually touched all the millions of small rocks in Sharn?"

Rauthiss
2010-08-13, 12:37 AM
"We have a way with making sure we find what we're looking for. Trust us, we're professionals. As for teleportation... that could be an issue for us. Hilfmir, might you have a scroll that would fit the purpose? My rider can study it."

sdeligar
2010-08-13, 01:49 AM
Michael had never really been part of an organized search. It was usually more along the lines of He's holed up in this fortress or that cave so get to work. So he just moves over to the window Landroval has occupied and stands watching and waiting for his part in this to come up.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-13, 06:50 AM
Right, of course. I have been instructed to give you these Hilfmir muddles through a rack of scrolls before coming back with four large scrolls laying awkwardly in his arms. After dropping them on the table he says cheerfully Normally I would charge for these but since your saving the world and all I'll let you have em for free this time. Four scrolls of Greater Teleport for your using pleasure

Rauthiss
2010-08-13, 12:21 PM
"Thank you, Hilfmir," the sphinx says, before turning to the rest of the party. "I can use one of these to take myself and the other two mounts to the ruins, or myself, one mount, and two riders, or myself, three riders, and Hilfmir. What would you all prefer?" She turns back to Hilfmir once more and asks a quick question before turning back to await an answer. "By the by, these wouldn't happen to have been made by a cleric of Traveler, by any chance?"

OOC:
Sheets: (For reference)
{table=head]Rider|Mount
Maure (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=40039), Abjurer Extraordinaire|Kosjach (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=5365), The Winged Dragon
Michael (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228354), Favored of Dol Dorn|Landroval (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228231), the Windhammer
Libram (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=227801), House Cannith's #1 Diviner|Crucius (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=227814), The Robosphinx[/table]

Doctor Acula
2010-08-13, 12:56 PM
Oh, um. Me? I wasn't really planning on going with you. Um, I'm not really much of a fighter. And no, these were made by an older wizard I know.

Ernir
2010-08-13, 01:05 PM
"I have my own means to Teleport Kosjach and myself, but using these would be more... precise. I thank you.", the woman with the gemstone says, speaking for the first time. She appeared to have been deep in thought throughout the proceedings.

"Is there anything keeping us here? We have a city-burner to catch."

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-13, 01:15 PM
…Has been instructed, eh? I wonder who by. Ko nods to Maure. "Shall we, then?"

sdeligar
2010-08-14, 01:13 PM
A broad smiles splits his face as they finally talk about actually doing something."Yea, talking here won't do much good. Who knows how long this dragon will stay in one spot and I hate wasting time." He looks over to Landroval with a mischievous look. "Looks like you might be in trouble my friend. They found something that can get us there faster than your wings."

H Savvy
2010-08-16, 08:58 AM
Landroval clicked his beak playfully at Michael. "You act as though I should be surprised. You humans have been coming up with ways to make up for your land-boundedness for as long as my people can remember. It's funny, really, how much you compensate for not being able to fly."

Forever Curious
2010-08-16, 07:26 PM
After a slight pause, Libram quickly picks up the scrolls. "Time is of the essence," he says, packing two away in his bag and tossing one to his mount. "Assistant, make ready the spell. Sharn awaits."

Rauthiss
2010-08-16, 07:57 PM
"In that case, my rider and I will take our leave." Crucius walks outside, bumping into and knocking over a scroll rack or two on the way. Once there, she looks to the eagle. "Landroval, as the woman and her mount have transportation, would you and your rider join mine and I?"

Once they step over, Crucius will attempt to activate the scroll, taking herself, Libram, Landroval, and Michael to the ruins of Sharn.

(Greater Teleport is 7th Level, spells are made a minimum caster level which is 13 in this case, meaning the DC for scroll activation will come to a total of 33.)

Use Magic Device Check, DC 33: [roll0]

H Savvy
2010-08-17, 08:58 AM
The great eagle circles launches off the edge of the building, circling high over the castle for a few sweeps. As the others emerge from the front gate, he folds his wings and drops like a stone, pulling out into a graceful landing at the last second.

"I would much prefer to travel under my own power, but I understand that haste is of great import at present. If Michael is amenable, I shall be honored to accompany you."

Doctor Acula
2010-08-17, 09:26 AM
Crucius, Libram, Landroval, and Michael:

Although you were expecting to see the great city of Sharn in ruins nothing could prepare you for the people affected by the destruction of the city. Standing ontop of the mounds of rubble are people, rich and poor, old and young, all looking for remnants of the lives they once lived. A few look back up at you however most continue just moving through the rubble.

Maure and Kosjach

Hilmir walks over to the fourth scroll and hands it to Maure before saying You can use this right?

sdeligar
2010-08-17, 01:11 PM
He nods to Landroval he follows Crucius outside stuffing the fallen scrolls back in what he hopes is the right side but moving past quickly hoping nobody will notice. "This should be all kinds of fun. The last time I used one of those things it didn't go so well."

As the effects of the scroll wears off he slowly opens his eyes, praying to himself that they didn't just send themselves into a trap. As he looks around he has to fight down the bile rising in his throat at all the death and destruction. He had seen towns and villages destroyed before but it had never been so...complete. It was like this dragon had personally removed every stone on top of the other just because he could. "I've changed my mind. I'm going to enjoy cutting that dragon into steaks."

Ernir
2010-08-17, 02:53 PM
Maure and Kosjach

Hilmir walks over to the fourth scroll and hands it to Maure before saying You can use this right?

"Of course.", Maure replies, holds the scroll in front of her, and prepares to teleport her and Ko to the ruins of Sharn.

H Savvy
2010-08-17, 04:46 PM
"KRAAAAAAAA!" Landroval lets out a loud and agitated cry. "I have seen many things in my time, but this... Not just a ruined man-eyrie or two, but the whole commune turned to rubble! Keen eyes, sharp wits, Michael. This may be our most dangerous escapade yet."

Doctor Acula
2010-08-17, 05:02 PM
Maure and Kosjach

Although you were expecting to see the great city of Sharn in ruins nothing could prepare you for the people affected by the destruction of the city. Standing ontop of the mounds of rubble are people, rich and poor, old and young, all looking for remnants of the lives they once lived. A few look back up at you however most continue just moving through the rubble.

A few hundred yards away you see your allies, The giant eagle is screaming with anguish.

Forever Curious
2010-08-17, 05:43 PM
Libram surveys the area, noting the destruction. "A great city..." he mutters to himself, reflecting upon his past assignments here. "Assistant!" he calls to the sphinx. "Locate an object we can use to track down the dragon."

Rauthiss
2010-08-17, 05:50 PM
Crucius looks around the rubble and sighs softly. "What a shame." At Libram's words, she gives a nod and walks to the center of the rubble before looking intently forward for a moment. After a few seconds, her eyes begin to glow and sparks fly across her metal skin as she activates her inherent power. She utters a few words. "A part of the body of the dragon who destroyed this city, Sharn."

OOC: Using my Locate Object spell-like ability, looking for an object that matches the above description.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-17, 06:39 PM
Crucis attempts to locate any body part of the dragon that destroyed the city. As he casts the spell he tries to visualize what he is looking for, a splatter of blood, a scale, a shard from a broken claw, maybe even a pool of saliva. He cannot visualize one object clear enough and is overwhelmed with the possibilities which he could be looking for. Sadly, the spell fails due to Crucis's lack of knowledge about what he is looking for.

Crucis attempts to locate any body part of the dragon that destroyed the city. As he focuses on the parts of the dragon he feels a pull to his left(North East) and down, looking in this direction he just sees part of the huge pile of rubble that once was the great city of Sharn.

Rauthiss
2010-08-17, 07:10 PM
Crucis attempts to locate any body part of the dragon that destroyed the city. As he casts the spell he tries to visualize what he is looking for, a splatter of blood, a scale, a shard from a broken claw, maybe even a pool of saliva. He cannot visualize one object clear enough and is overwhelmed with the possibilities which he could be looking for. Sadly, the spell fails due to Crucis's lack of knowledge about what he is looking for.
Locate Object, SRD:
"You sense the direction of a well-known or clearly visualized object. You can search for general items, in which case you locate the nearest one of its kind if more than one is within range. Attempting to find a certain item requires a specific and accurate mental image; if the image is not close enough to the actual object, the spell fails. You cannot specify a unique item unless you have observed that particular item firsthand (not through divination).

The spell is blocked by even a thin sheet of lead. Creatures cannot be found by this spell. Polymorph any object fools it."

Emphasis mine. Unless I'm interpreting this incorrectly, I can do a search for a general item based on characteristics. The differentiation of the phrase "certain item" suggests that the "specific and accurate mental image" is unnecessary for searching for general items.

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-17, 07:21 PM
Ko's jaw clenches slightly. "Best to hurry," she says, jogging down through the rubble to the others.

Are there any soldiers, guards, etc. in the area, or any sort of organization (disaster relief sort of thing?)

Doctor Acula
2010-08-17, 07:28 PM
Kosjach moves over to the rest of the party, noting a few paladins helping the elderly sift through the rubble. There are also several city guard members trying to make sure people don't loot the city of goods that aren't theirs, they have already caught several thieves of opportunity

Rauthiss
2010-08-17, 07:33 PM
Crucius alerts the rest of the team to where she sensed the part of the dragon's body, being as precise as possible. "If you all will search there, I will try to find some more information about what happened here." She focuses her energies once more, staying in place for a while, scouring the cosmos for legends of Sharn's Destruction, hoping for a name.

Using Crucius' Legend Lore ability and taking [roll0]*10 minutes, as I'm in Sharn... or rather, what remains of it.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-17, 08:23 PM
Crucius's Legend Lore

Thousands of legends of the great heroes of Sharn spring to your mind like a trap that has just been sprung. You learn of corrupt politicians, street gang battles, several monsters living in hiding in the city, a few serial killers. This continues for several minutes, When the spell is over it takes you a moment to sift through all of the stories of Sharn before finding what would come to be known as "The Great Leveling"

"Tis was a calm breezy day in the grand city of Sharn, children were happily playing in the streets, wizards were studying in their libraries, artificers were crafting in their laboratories, guards were guarding and thieves were thieving. All twas as it should be in a city such as that, the hustle and bustle filled the air with that strange kind of energy you just can't find out in the country. However, at high noon the sky darkened and one grand blue dragon came to fly in the center of the city. He breathed lightning in down to the streets below, filling the whole city with thunder before he spoke naught a word. He was no larger than a boulder but he spoke as if he could move mountains. He told of a band of murderers sweeping the land called the Furious Fifteen and shouted that we had grown soft in our societies and in our safe little world. He said what he was about to do would help us grow stronger, he said he would rip the crutch we had been walking with out from under us so we can learn to stand on our own. He said to call him Jomey and that until him and his band of villains taught us a lesson in strength that the destruction would continue. All the while mages were attacking him, the city archers were attacking him, adventurers were attacking him, even small children were attacking him by throwing rocks and sticks at his hide. But all the while he took the damage and healed himself with his damn spells. After he was done talking he let out a huge roar to shake the city and demanded all building be evacuated before leveling the city, brick by brick with claw and tooth and breath and spell. When his onslaught was over no one was hurt, but the city was dead. He then flew south..."

Forever Curious
2010-08-17, 08:34 PM
"Let us investigate," declared Libram, quickly moving toward where his assistant indicated. Upon reaching the spot, he starts attempting to dig through the rubble, leaving the sphinx to focus on its spell.

Rauthiss
2010-08-17, 08:37 PM
Crucius thinks about the legend, and tries to decide what is important. First, however, she reaches into her bag and pulls out a jug before pouring out a bit of sand. She focuses on it, and forces it to take the shape of a flat piece of wood with the story etched into it. After doing so, she puts the jug, still mostly full, and the shaped sand into her haversack. She turns to the party and speaks. "From what I can tell, the dragon was a blue dragon who requested he be called Jomey. He seems to be able to heal himself with his spells as well. His goal is not to kill people, but to encourage them to be stronger. Nobody seems to have been harmed in the attack, and he was telling of a group called the Furious Fifteen who seem to not have the same goal. Perhaps this is not a dragon we should be out to kill."

Doctor Acula
2010-08-17, 08:38 PM
To all those looking through the rubble for a piece of the dragon: make a search check

Forever Curious
2010-08-17, 08:41 PM
Search: [roll0]

Rauthiss
2010-08-17, 08:44 PM
Once she is done her using her spell-like ability and telling the others of the results, and assuming none of the others find anything, Crucius walks over and tries to search the area.

Wisdom check for the shapesand use that I forgot to put in the earlier post: [roll0].

Following that, Crucius will take 20 on the search check if possible. if not: [roll1].

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-17, 09:53 PM
"…Nobody was harmed? You believe that? Look around." Ko gestures to the wreckage. "Physical hurt is not the only kind there is, even if it's true no one was injured. People's lives have been ruined here - there will be opportunists coming from every corner to ruin them further! - and the economic repercussions…" She trails off. "He's an idiot if he thinks this will encourage anyone to anything besides desperate actions made to harm."

She roots through the rubble with quick movements, stone scratching at her hands.

Search:[roll0]

H Savvy
2010-08-18, 10:29 AM
Landroval wings over to the pile of rubble indicated by the strange metallic sphinx. He roosts on the largest piece of rubble he can find and beats his powerful wings, carrying it up off the pile and towards the outskirts before flinging it safely outside the city and returning to help clear more of the largest rubble.

Lan can carry and throw up to 1833 lbs, so long as it's gargantuan or smaller

sdeligar
2010-08-18, 12:19 PM
Following the rest of the group he too begins searching the rubble. Though since he's not completely sure what to look for he mostly is just moving stone from one spot to another. "There is a lot more to hurting someone than lose of life or limb. Imagine how these children may grow up now. Always fearing the sky and night? Perhaps forced to steal, or worse, to survive because their family couldn't replace what was lost? And who knows what will happen when news of this spreads."

Doctor Acula
2010-08-18, 08:35 PM
Crucius pulls out a large green robe with darker green patches splattered all over. From several piles of rubble away you hear an elderly man shout Oh, excuse me sir. Sir you seem to have found part of my wardrobe. as he reaches the sphinx he grabs the robes and says Thank you very much Turning to Landoval he says Would you be so kind as to lift this rock here? I think I see my armoire underneath it

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-19, 01:04 AM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Doctor Acula
2010-08-19, 06:39 AM
Kosjach attempts to discern any sign of falsehood is the old man's claims. However he can find no reason not to believe him.

Forever Curious
2010-08-19, 03:46 PM
Libram eyed the man silently, focusing on him and peering into his head, hoping to discern his true motives.

Uses my Medallion of Thoughts to use detect thoughts on the old man.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-19, 05:36 PM
As Libram focuses on the man, trying to read the man's mind, he realizes that this man's force of will is too great to be read.

Rauthiss
2010-08-19, 05:39 PM
Crucius turns to the man. "Hello, sir. If I may ask you, what are these dark green splotches? Do you know?"

Doctor Acula
2010-08-19, 05:44 PM
Damned if I know, But I've got just the thing to get it out if you'll just hand it here. It's probably some kind of oil or elixir from my shelves that got busted open during the attack

Rauthiss
2010-08-19, 05:48 PM
"Actually, sir, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to borrow this, if possible. These splotches may be of assistance in tracking your attacker, if they are what I suspect they are. Did the dragon ever come near you during the attack?"

Doctor Acula
2010-08-19, 05:55 PM
Me? No, I teleported outside of the city as soon as he started actually attacking. That's one crazy scaley.

Rauthiss
2010-08-19, 05:57 PM
"Hmm... Would you have any way of being able to tell me if this substance is dragon blood?"

Doctor Acula
2010-08-19, 06:01 PM
You know I'm not actually sure how to go about doing that. I'd bet there is a spell for that though.

Rauthiss
2010-08-19, 06:04 PM
"Hmm... Unfortunately, I'm not much for spells. Will that cleaning thing you mentioned get out saliva?"

Doctor Acula
2010-08-19, 06:05 PM
I'm just gonna cast prestidigitation on it and clean the whole thing in one go, so I suppose it will

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-19, 06:08 PM
"…May I see it for a moment?" Ko holds out her hand. "Before you clean it?"

Rauthiss
2010-08-19, 06:09 PM
"Actually, Ko... I have an idea." With that, Crucius licks the robe, careful to leave one spot untouched in case her saliva would cause problems. She then concentrates for a minute to see if she can identify the fluid if it is a potion or oil. She then offers the saliva and stained robe to Ko if she is unsuccessful.

Using a spellcraft check to see if I can identify it. DC 25: [roll0]

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-19, 06:15 PM
"Thank you." Ko sniffs the robe, attempting to tease out the substance from the smell of the robes and the sphinx's saliva. "…Any luck?" she asks, looking up at Crucius.

If it's a smell I'm familiar with, ie dragon's blood, it should be recognizable.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-19, 06:41 PM
The older man is quite bothered by this sight Oh dear lord what are you doing? That's just odd and unusual. Please just give me my robe back.

Crucius

You taste several different potions and oils all over the robe.

Kosjach

You smell a variety of sents, the most prevalant of which being sphinx spit. However your enhanced smell allows you to detect the smell of your own

Rauthiss
2010-08-19, 06:52 PM
"Hm. Damn, all I can taste are potions and oils. I apologize, sir, but could you possibly clean every spot except this one?" Crucius points to the spot she left unlicked. First, though, she pulls back. "Just a moment, though. We might as well have our scryer use it, just in case."

Forever Curious
2010-08-19, 06:54 PM
If warforged could sigh, Libram would have done so. "Allow me," he interjects, sniffing the robe himself.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-19, 07:08 PM
You people are disgusting!! Guards!! These men are eating my robes!!! Guards

Libram

Your enhanced sense of smell allows you to detect the sent of a dragon on the robe

Rauthiss
2010-08-19, 07:11 PM
"Sir, I assure you we mean no harm. We are checking to see if there is any blood on your robes that we can use to track the dragon that attacked your city. In fact, it seems we've already found the rest of your wardrobe in the rubble, so I hope you would allow us to borrow this one. Once we have found the dragon and gotten our hands on another sample, you can have your robe back safe and sound. I guarantee it, by the House of Cannith"

Attempting to use diplomacy to calm the man down and keep things calm. [roll0]

Ernir
2010-08-19, 07:15 PM
"Sir, I don't think that will be necessary. My companions here are trying to track down the monster that levelled this city, even if their methods are... unorthodox. It will be as good as new."

Doctor Acula
2010-08-19, 07:25 PM
The old man is still irritated, but he stops trying to get the guard's attention. You licked my robe! And now the dragon and the warforged are leaning in to taste it! Why in the name of St. Cutheburt would you "need" to lick my robe?

Forever Curious
2010-08-19, 07:28 PM
"I believe my assistant already answered your question, sir," replied the warforged. "With these I can use my own magics to determine it's location, if you would be so kind as to let me borrow them. I can give you the gold for new ones if you would like, by the honor of House Cannith."

Rauthiss
2010-08-19, 07:28 PM
"I wanted to see if there were potions and oils on your robes. Since my sense of smell is not comparable to the other two's and I could not have differentiated between the magic of dragon's blood and the aforementioned potions and oils, I took the most logical course of action. Since I work with potions, I know the taste of many of them. Therefore, the easiest way to see if they were potions and oils or blood was to taste them. Do you follow my logic, Wizard?"

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-19, 07:30 PM
"…How did you know I'm a dragon? Never mind. And it does have dragon's blood on it. Hopefully the right one's."

Doctor Acula
2010-08-19, 07:33 PM
You all are so disgusting. Turning to Libram he says I'll take you up on that offer before storming off.

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-19, 07:35 PM
"That could have gone better."

Forever Curious
2010-08-19, 07:40 PM
"In any event, we can now locate our quarry." Libram sat on the ground, producing his orb from the satchel. "Little chance of the dragon hiding from us now..." The warforged concentrated on the ball, attempting to scry on the dragon.

Using my crystal ball to scry on the dragon. DC 26 will save to negate, in addition to True Seeing.

Rauthiss
2010-08-19, 07:50 PM
"All in all, I'd say it went well. We got what we needed, and no one was harmed. He may dislike us now, but in the end, we will have protected him. If you base success on the feelings of others, you will often find yourself failing.

Also, that robe tasted good."

Doctor Acula
2010-08-19, 08:05 PM
Libram

Will Save:[roll0]
You see the a blue dragon flying over the water, you can see a shore surrounding the water on two sides, it could be the dragon is flying over a bay or a river.

OOC:Make a Knowledge(Geography) check

sdeligar
2010-08-20, 12:15 PM
Through the whole encounter with the man and his robes Michael just stands back and tries to choke his laughter as they start sniffing and licking the poor mans robes. Looking to Landroval he shakes his head. "We've seen some strange methods to track someone down, but that is definitely one of the strangest. I hope it works, I'd hate to around town trying to sniff and lick everything."

H Savvy
2010-08-20, 01:46 PM
"Yes," Landroval whispers conspiratorially to his long-time companion, a little too loud, "Our new teammates are very strange."

Ernir
2010-08-20, 02:39 PM
"Do you really think this is a time to be picky, though?"

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-20, 07:17 PM
Ko sighs. "I never said it was a failure. Only that it could have gone better."

At Landroval's not-quite-whisper, she looks over with a grin. "I heard that, you know."

sdeligar
2010-08-21, 02:28 PM
Shrugging he smiles "Hey I didn't say it was a bad choice just kind of gives people strange ideas. And while we are on the subject did you manage to get anything useful?"

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-21, 03:03 PM
"There's dragon blood on it, at least. Our resident diviner's working with it now, so - hopefully."

Rauthiss
2010-08-21, 11:03 PM
Crucius nudges the warforged with a paw. "Rider? Are you having any luck?"

Forever Curious
2010-08-22, 07:54 PM
Libram snapped out of what seemed to be a trance. "Oh yes...I have located the dragon but can't determine it's location." He held the crystal ball aloft, the image of the dragon and where it was flying visible to whoever looked. "Can any of you?"

Ernir
2010-08-22, 08:16 PM
"Hmm. I can't say I am an expert on geography, but let's give this a shot..."

[roll0]

Doctor Acula
2010-08-23, 08:08 AM
Maure knows she saw this place on a map before but she just can't remember where it is. The name is on the tip of her tongue, she just can't remember it.

sdeligar
2010-08-23, 11:51 AM
After taking a moment to look at the image he shakes his head. "I'm sorry I don't recognize the place. Maybe I'll ask around and one of the locals will recognize the location. If any of you want to help it might speed up the process." Heading for the nearest group of people he starts asking questions and asking about the area.

Gather Information [roll0]

Doctor Acula
2010-08-23, 11:59 AM
Micheal asks around but everyone seems more worried in clearing out the rubble than in helping him find some body of water. When he mentions he is looking for the dragon some try and focus on his question while others turn away from the horrible memory.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-23, 12:02 PM
OOC:

You didn't roll for the duration. [roll0] hours

Rauthiss
2010-08-23, 04:27 PM
Crucius decides to take the time to see if she can have any luck gathering information.

Rolls:
I'll be trying twice, if time permits... which it does not.

{table=head]Attempt #|Check|Time
1|[roll0]|[roll1]
2|[roll2]|[roll3][/table]

Doctor Acula
2010-08-23, 04:41 PM
Crucius wanders around the leveled city for some time, talking to several people about the location he saw. Most people either don't know what he is talking about or too surprised by his strange appearance to help him at all, but after searching for quite awhile he finds a member of House Orien who says "It sounds like your talking about The Hilt, I can't be sure without seeing it for myself though"

By the time Crucius and Micheal join up with the rest of the group the sun has almost completely set into the horizon. Several people who were searching through the rubble begin to leave to a makeshift town made of several tents and a few obviously magical accommodations.

sdeligar
2010-08-24, 12:56 AM
When Michael returns he looks a little disgruntled. Nothing. They either didn't know or didn't care. Bunch of short sighted hicks."

H Savvy
2010-08-24, 01:21 PM
Though somewhat weary from helping move rubble while his partner searched for information, Landroval immediately moves to his friend's side upon his reappearance.

He clicks his beak softly at the human. "Peace, Michael. These people have suffered great loss. Clear thoughts, clear hearts, these are great rarities in the face of such tragedy, and few here are bound to be as stout in such as you."

The giant eagle affectionately gives his companion a gentle nudge with his beak.

Forever Curious
2010-08-25, 12:20 PM
Libram returned the crystal ball to his bag. "It appears we're wasting time here," stated the warforged. "Anyone have any suggestions?"

FirebirdFlying
2010-08-30, 04:23 PM
"Chase? We're getting nowhere here, and we know the direction he's going. I'm sure there's some way to track a particular creature, spell or otherwise. We'll wait until we all return, though, I suppose."

Spellcraft to remember a spell that does that: [roll0]

Doctor Acula
2010-08-30, 06:03 PM
Kosjach recalls that the spell "Discern Location" can tell the caster the exact location of the subject.

Ernir
2010-08-30, 07:31 PM
Maure

"I'm afraid I do not know any more powerful Divinations than those that have already been tried."

"Libram?"

Pokepoke, anyone have Discern Location? :smalltongue: