PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Florida, BRB

Karoht
2010-08-09, 05:47 PM
End of September I'm going to Florida. All the particulars such as documentation are all in order. The timeshare condo I'm staying at (which belongs to someone else) is in Ft. Lauderdale. So I'm kinda central to most things.

I plan on driving no further than 3 hours in any given direction. I plan on spending only 3 days at Disneyworld/land/whatever. I have two weeks, not counting the travel day and the day after, and the day before departure day as well as departure day. So 10 days really, 3 of which are Disney. Sea World is not on the list. I've seen almost all of those creatures (espeically the Orca) in the wild, and it kills me every time I see them in captivity.
I'm not into Universal Studios so much, and Bush Gardens in Tampa is a wee bit out of my reach.

Now there is a bunch of local stuff to check out all within an hour's drive in Ft Lauderdale, according to the tourist board website.

I'm looking for any suggestions as to where I should go fer shure while I am there. IE-The spanish baths. Worth it? The gator farm. Worth it?
Also, I'm looking to 'find the night life' while I am there. Any clubs I should try and check out? Anything cool happen on the miami beaches a night? Anyone know where the quasi-legal street racing occurs (if it isn't a hollywood myth)?
Even just good places to go for dinner or even just coffee, by all means let me know.

Any suggestions would be awesome. My only request is that people suggest places by name, so I can google search them for directions. I will have a laptop with me, and the hotel has free internet, and I'm pretty sure the rental car has a GPS in it. If I can find it, and you claim it's awesome, odds are I'm going to check it out.

Thanks in advance.