PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5]Outside the Walls

Prplcheez
2010-08-09, 11:03 PM
OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9104251)

You've heard through the "grapevine" of the city that there is a meeting of those who want to escape the city, taking place at a tavern in one of the seedier areas of town. The meeting takes place around midnight at the "Rusty Wheel" tavern. You have no idea how many people will be there, or who those people will be, but this seems like too good of an opportunity to pass up.

It is now 11:30 P.M. What do you do?

Kuzon
2010-08-10, 12:42 AM
Alamir approaches the bar in a casual lope, looking around for any signs of this meeting being a setup. Upon entering, he takes a seat at whatever table is closest to the door and waits for the agreed signal for the meeting, ordering some water from the barmaid.

in his caution, he brought none of his equipment with him (not wanting to stand out), other than his dagger tucked in the folds of his sleeve for protection.

Alamir, thinking to himself 'Now, if my information was correct and this... meeting, goes well, i'll have to circle back and gather my things. perhaps i should have brought everything with me anyway...'

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-10, 03:46 AM
Dartasb ran from shadow to shadow. At each shadow he would stop to look around to see if anyone was paying undue attention to him.
"Got to be careful old chap, this smells like a set up but... I've got to take the chance"

Dart saw the Wheel in the distance and darted in to an alley way and a few minites later he stagger drunkenly out, clothes slight disheveled and sobbing and muttering "She left me for that fat pig" and similar . To all the world appearing as a pathetic drunk

bluff roll [roll0] Disguise roll [roll1] if necessary

"If it's a set up this will hopefully fool them, enough to let me get away" Dart thought to him self as he enter the tavern.

Seeing the nearest table occupied by a surly looking elf Dart chose an empty one nearly by and order a mug of cheap ale, he sat down still sobbing keeping his senses open for a sign of ether the meeting starting or a set up.

Chrono22
2010-08-10, 04:56 AM
Sedis Nori is staring dejectidely at the ale on the counter in front of him as they enter. The bar tender thinks it's odd that the large stranger hasn't taken a drink even once in the three hours since he entered, but lets it slide. The burly fellow seems friendly enough, conversing with the other patrons, and gladly gives up his ale to others (which he is quick to replace).

That drunkard from earlier was the last easy going person in the bar, and since he's left the place has become filled with a nervous atmosphere. The silence and anticipation are clearly affecting Sedis.

As Sedis witnesses two newcomers enter in quick succession (apparently unacquainted, since they did not speak among themselves), he assumes the appointed time has come, and approaches the table where they sit.

His footsteps are accompanied by an odd clicking noise, as though he has a bundle of sticks shifting inside his armor. Sedis bends over and speaks quietly to the two. His deep voice echoes from within his helmet and reverberates in the adamantine full plate he wears.

"Greetings. I am Sedis Nori. Is this the... secret meeting?"

The glowing, golden holy symbol of Pelor that hangs from his neck guard clearly marks him as a follower of that deity. His other visible equipment seems to be of less remarkable value, but is clearly clean and well-kept.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-10, 06:06 AM
"SEDIS" Yells Dart in a slurred voice "IT BEEN YEARS!" and hugs the strange man before him.

"Do you know nothing of subtlety? Whispered Dartasb rather angrily in Sedis's ear, "Sit down and make as if we catching up"
Sitting down Dart looks over to the strange look man and surly looking elf.
"O.k I going to assume your here, comrade elf for the same reason meeting mister inconspicuous here is, you don't look like a nark and while he dose have that look about him, no nark would be that..... Anyway if nether of you are running the show and I'm certainly not running the show we better watch out for who is, You can call me Dart"
Dartasb whispered to his two table mates "If this turn out to be a tall tale maybe us three can work something out, we all have the same goal after all"

Chrono22
2010-08-10, 06:12 AM
Sedis isn't sure what to say... he isn't used to secrecy, and in fact his current appearance is about as inconspicuous as he can be.
"My apologies... er... Dart? Yes, it's been a long time. When the others arrive, I look forward to catching up."

Sedis idly watches the ale shift in his mug as he lapses into silence.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-10, 06:23 AM
"I'm sorry if I seem harsh" Dart said noticing how sorry Sedis seemed "I been in situation like this before and the last thing we need is the watch in this, you nopt built for this, so I tell you what you stick with me and I steer you though this" Dartasb said with a friendly smile

"And if I need to make a quick getaway I'm sure I can out run you with that heavy armour your wearing" Dart added to his self

King Tius
2010-08-10, 07:24 AM
OOC: I think "nark" is by far the most entertaining anachronism I've seen used on these boards.

As the men catch up the door to the Wheel bursts open. As it slams against the frame you see a large dog (something akin to an irish wolfhound) landing back onto its front legs. Riding this intimidating canine is a halfing girl, young by even the little-folks' standards. The big dog takes a few slow paces into the resturaunt before the girl dismounts.

From the clothes she wears and what you've heard around town, it is easy to tell that she is a Keeper or a Druid as some call them. The young lady walks towards the bar, scrambles up onto a bar stool, and politely orders a glass of something sweet but non-alcoholic. Her dog takes up a guarding position at her feet and lays down on the ground, eyeing the room.

Prplcheez
2010-08-10, 08:27 AM
OOC: I think "nark" is by far the most entertaining anachronism I've seen used on these boards.

As the men catch up the door to the Wheel bursts open. As it slams against the frame you see a large dog (something akin to an irish wolfhound) landing back onto its front legs. Riding this intimidating canine is a halfing girl, young by even the little-folks' standards. The big dog takes a few slow paces into the resturaunt before the girl dismounts.

From the clothes she wears and what you've heard around town, it is easy to tell that she is a Keeper or a Druid as some call them. The young lady walks towards the bar, scrambles up onto a bar stool, and politely orders a glass of something sweet but non-alcoholic. Her dog takes up a guarding position at her feet and lays down on the ground, eyeing the room.

The only thing you see that's out of the usual (or at least, out of the usual in this part of town) is the extremely large man in a full suit of armor. Just looking at him, you can't be sure if he's a city guard, or if he's here for the meeting.

Kuzon
2010-08-10, 02:17 PM
Alamir chuckles lightly at the armored man's lack of subtlety and his... friend?, "It's nice to see some interesting people for once. I go by Alamir these days, and unfortunately I am not the ringleader here--I suspect he's either here already or coming later."
Downing his mug, he orders another water from the barmaid.

Chrono22
2010-08-10, 04:07 PM
Sedis takes note of the sizeable dog and its diminutive rider.
'At least I'm not the only one sticking out...'

freebiewitz
2010-08-11, 07:31 AM
Barging right into the bar Retib instantly stalks his way through the crowd up to the barman and announces "I WANT A BLOODY DRINK! HOW MUCH?" Completely ignorant to the fact about this being the meeting place for people to escape the city.

Scowling he stares at anyone looking at him.

[roll0] to intimidate

King Tius
2010-08-11, 07:34 AM
Delina

Seeing another halfling at the bar, Delina smiles politely and gives him a little wave (a little childish, not unexpected with her). When he starts to yell, Brutus props himself up on his front legs and lets out a low, cautionary growl.

Prplcheez
2010-08-11, 09:53 AM
Quite a few of the bar's patrons immediately get as far away from Retib as they can. After this, there is a few minutes of relative quiet before the door to the bar suddenly bursts open. A large, moderately armored man with a greatsword stands at the entrance.

He yells "All right, who wants to get out of this hellhole town?"

Chrono22
2010-08-11, 02:08 PM
Sedis is shocked by the man's indiscretion for a few moments, but then stands up. This causes quite a commotion as more clicking and snapping can be heard sounding hollowly within the armor, as though a large number of sticks were being lightly tapped against the metal interior.

"This city can't be my home anymore. I'm ready."

Kuzon
2010-08-11, 05:45 PM
unfazed by the sudden entrance of the man with the attitude problem and the armored man with the wonderful sense of subtlety, Alamir sighs in both relief and exhaustion.

"Oh good, I was hoping we wouldn't have to beat around the bush too long. What's the plan--I've been cooped up here for far too long."

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-11, 06:34 PM
"Well I think I give up on being discrete" Dart though to himself before standing to add his voice to the rukus "o.k big guy, tell me what you need and let's go"

Prplcheez
2010-08-12, 12:08 AM
"Is there anyone else? Perhaps the scary little man over by the bar? We need as many as possible, don't be shy."

freebiewitz
2010-08-12, 12:28 AM
"LITTLE? YOU BLOODY CALLIN ME LITTLE!?" Walking up to the larger man Retib stares at him in the eye. "AND I'M NOT SHY! HERE I'LL PROVE IT I'LL COME WITH YA!"

Growling Retib still has no idea what he had just gotten himself into.

King Tius
2010-08-12, 07:21 AM
Delina hops off her bar stool and walks over, a large smile on her face.

"I'll come!"

Prplcheez
2010-08-12, 10:37 AM
"Is that everybody?"

After waiting a few seconds for anyone else who might volunteer, the man continues speaking.

"Alright. Well my name's Samuel Ward, and as most of you have probably figured out, I'm the guy who organized this little meeting. As for your questions, I don't really have a plan. All I know I need is as many hands as I can get, and maybe a smart person or two to help with a plan. Any suggestions?"

Edit: Forgot quotation marks x_x.

Kuzon
2010-08-12, 02:14 PM
"Can't we just exploit the changing of the guard to give us an opening for our escape? I've noticed that they change roughly every six hours, starting at dawn. If were to start this little escape tonight, I'd prefer the dawn guard change to have enough time to gather my supplies."

(OOC: took a shot in the dark with the changing of the guard here--it seemed like a good idea. if my character's wrong here, i'll edit my post accordingly)

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-12, 03:12 PM
Dartasb look at Samual in disbelief You set this up without a plan! God I'm working with rookies Dart said slightly irritated Well the elf plans is both clever and wisek but people will know we left, I say we go underneath the wall, we have a sewage system and it got to release it..... cargo some where

Kuzon
2010-08-12, 03:40 PM
"Well, whatever the course of action, I'll be needing an hour or so to get my things." Alamir pauses a moment to think, then adds, "We could combine our ideas--if we take the underground route, we can wait for the changing of the guard to give us a bit more time to be on our way without undue complications."

Prplcheez
2010-08-12, 03:41 PM
"The changing of the guard sounds like a good idea. There might be a problem with getting the door open. I heard that the lever used to open it was destroyed several years ago, since there is no longer any travel in or out of the city. Going through the sewer is probably our best bet, though we would have to get the design prints to be able to find our way through it. That's IF it's even big enough for any of us."

King Tius
2010-08-12, 03:43 PM
Delina clears her throat and offers up an idea. "Why not create a distraction during the changing of the guards? That way we can walk right out the gates and don't have to crawl through any filth."

Chrono22
2010-08-12, 03:43 PM
Sedis shifts as if he is about to talk, and then pauses for a few moments before speaking,
"I'm up for whatever plan the rest of you come up with, and i'll help as I am best able to. I am slow and noisy, but I'm tough and good at holding my breath."

Kuzon
2010-08-12, 03:47 PM
At the ringleader's comment of 'big enough for us', alamir raised an eyebrow at the man's lack of knowledge for the place he's lived in his whole life.

"Do you have any idea how many people live here? The city would have to have a large sewer system to accomadate that many people's waste--not to mention service entrances and walkways in case of blockages, structural damage, pest control, or even to check on the rumors of monsters in the sewers I've heard around."

Prplcheez
2010-08-12, 03:59 PM
"Hmm... You have a point. However, how would we get out? I'm sure that the entrance to the sewer can't be THAT large, or there wouldn't just be rumours of monsters."

Samuel takes a short breath and holds his hand to his chin for a second, then speaks again.

"Alternatively, we could see if there's a wizard around who's willing to teleport us to the outside. It might cost a bit, however."

Kuzon
2010-08-12, 04:27 PM
"Magicing ourselves out of here would be he most efficient way out of here, true. But hiring a magician to get all of us out of here would likely be more expensive than any of us could afford... hmm..." Alamir drifts into thought.

Chrono22
2010-08-12, 04:29 PM
Anticipating Alamir's train of thought, Sedis speaks up,
"Yes, it is too expensive."

He says this as he crosses his adamantine gauntlets across his breastplate.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-12, 05:11 PM
"Well you guy know that there are many way of making money in this city..." Dartasb trailed off to look at his fellow conspirators. "Or if we decide to follow my plan the library would have plans of the sewage system"

Kuzon
2010-08-12, 05:18 PM
Well you guy know that there are many way of making money in this city... Dartasb trailed off to look at his fellow conspiritors. Or if we decide to follow my plan the libary would have plans of the segwage system

"The archives should have the plans for half of the city, not just the sewers, but that is another matter."

freebiewitz
2010-08-12, 06:26 PM
"Pfft, if somethings in the way I'll cut it down, if it's a bloody door I'll KNOCK IT DOWN!" Taps the battering ram he has attached to his back to show his point. "C'mon what the bloody hell waiting for?"

Kuzon
2010-08-12, 07:20 PM
"Well, my loud friend, we're waiting and coming up with a plan first so we don't end up as the new home for about two dozen arrows apiece."

Chrono22
2010-08-12, 07:42 PM
"The sewer idea sounds like our best shot. The hitch is getting the blueprints to the city underground. Do any of you have the access or influence required to attain them?"

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-13, 03:46 AM
"well if they are not in the public library we can always talk, or if necessary break into to the government planning offices, they should have them

freebiewitz
2010-08-13, 04:39 AM
"I have no idea whats going on, but whatever it is IT SOUNDS FUN!" Grinning like a madman he continued. "So why are we attacking a library? Also, why is a girl coming with us to smash stuff? And you!" Pointing at the warlock. "You don't even look like you could smash your way through a half eaten CAT!"

Staring at the great armored man he grinned. "You on the other hand look like you can REALLY put on a show!"

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-13, 05:06 AM
"Well lets say I have a few.... tricks to protect myself" Dart said with a dark grin "I can smooze my way out of almost anything. People just like me big man! In fact I will be of more use to this party the your small mind could conceive. Lets just say there more then one way top .... blast a cat "

King Tius
2010-08-13, 01:29 PM
Delina smiles politely at the jab. "We'll see how you feel about me when I soothe your wounds or summon the power of Nature on those monsters in the sewers."

Prplcheez
2010-08-13, 03:21 PM
"So... You all sound pretty intent on following through with the sewer plan. Should we check the library to see if they have the plans?"

King Tius
2010-08-13, 03:22 PM
"Why waste the time? Let's just venture down there and follow the flow of water."

Kuzon
2010-08-13, 03:29 PM
"I vote library first--while you're investigating that, I'll gather my things. We can meet up here later and report our findings."

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-13, 04:15 PM
"I agree with our elf friend, infomation is power, while at the libary it may be worth picking up any books that could help us out side"

freebiewitz
2010-08-13, 07:10 PM
"Whats a library?" o.O

Kuzon
2010-08-13, 07:18 PM
"..."

Alamir would have gaped at the poor, deprived man's ignorance, had he less control of himself.

"It's where people go to read books. They usually have a large selection of books to choose from to suit nearly anyone's fancy."

freebiewitz
2010-08-13, 08:39 PM
"Books?" Closing his eyes he remembered what books were. "OH YEAH BOOKS! I love using those things! Especially the ones with hard backs! They smash REAL GOOD! But then you have the floppy ones..." Grinning he stood there as if he had achieved a great victory.

Prplcheez
2010-08-13, 09:06 PM
Samuel is seemingly dumbstruck by the sheer stupidity that the barbarian is showing.

Chrono22
2010-08-14, 08:40 AM
"Then are we in agreement? We shall search the archives for maps to the city underground or for leads to an escape route. Tomorrow evening, let us meet here to collaborate and to discuss any final preparations which may be needed before embarking on this perilous quest."

Sedis also leans over and whispers something to Dartasb.

"I also have a personal matter that needs to be addressed, Dartasb. If you could, please come with me. I need to show you something."

With that, Sedis noisily shuffles out of the bar and into a nearby side-alley.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-14, 09:09 AM
Dartasb gave Sedis departing back a strange look "Well lady and gentleman, the big mans right, let meet here tomorow after making the preparation need for this enterprise "
Dart then stood up and followed Seidis out the door

freebiewitz
2010-08-14, 09:18 AM
"Alright, sounds like a plan." Nodding Retib smiled. "Raid the library for weapons and then get outta here." Finally realizes whats going on.... sorta. "WAIT A SECOND! We're getting outta here?"

Grinning like an idiot he continued. "So that's why we need so many weapons!"

Chrono22
2010-08-14, 11:24 AM
It isn't hard to spot Sedis in the alley- his golden holy symbol seems to shimmer even more brilliantly against the contrasting darkness- its flickering light casts long shadows around the bulky armored figure and the armor takes on a deep fiery glint. As Dartasb approaches Sedis in the shadowy back alley, Sedis begins to speak in a slow, almost mournful tone,

"I have a secret, one that I feel at least one of this group should know before we embark. I feel that you, moreso than the others, will accept me as I am. But first, let me tell you a tale."

He pauses a moment, as though gathering his thoughts.

"I was human once, ten decades ago. I was a young crusader of Pelor, brimming with self confidence, pride, and courage. Protected by the magical armor of my ancestor, a legendary hero, I attempted to destroy a necromancer and his undead victims. Sadly, his necrotic forces overwhelmed me, and I too would have joined the chorus of the undead- but this armor held a curse and a blessing. It both protected me and condemned me.
My soul became trapped within this adamantine cage- my allies, seeing my still form, assumed the worst and had me interred within my family tomb."

Sedis lifts the visor of his helmet, revealing a stark-white skull where a face should be.

"I am just a shell of the man I was, but I believe that one day, with Pelor's blessings, I will recover my humanity. But not here. If my... condition became known, I have no doubts that I would immediately be destroyed. My destiny and my hope lies beyond these steel walls.

I will assist this expedition with as much furvor and dedication as I can muster, but please help me keep my condition a secret from the others... at least until we leave the city."

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-14, 12:26 PM
Dartasb gasped as the stark skull revealed itself, but felt pity more then fear, one hundred year this man had been trapped in a decaying body. Dartasb glanced at the glowing symbol of Palor, no undead this but knowing how people reacted to his own ancestry knee that would not save him "Your secret is safe, and I give you my word, for what its worth, that I will help as I can to conceal your true vestige from the others, at least until we have left the city." And with that Dartasb stuck out his hand.

Kuzon
2010-08-14, 12:43 PM
seeing the two walk out of the bar, Alamir raises an eyebrow in curiosity, but lets it drop. "Tomorrow night it is then. I'm off to better prepare."

(with that, my role is over until the next morning)

Chrono22
2010-08-14, 01:21 PM
Sedis gives the hand a hearty shake.

"Thank you, Dartasb. I will remember this favor, and I hope to repay it in turn one day."

Sedis absentmindedly scratches the front of his skull, but then realizes the "itch" is just a ghost sensation. After shutting his visor, he shifts into a salute.

"You have my services until tomorrow evening. I'm sure that with our combined efforts we will be able to acquire the sewer plans."

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-14, 03:14 PM
Well my friend, i got two thoughts on there acquisition.
One: We scope out the place now, it it seem relatively unguarded, we break in get the plans and any other book that might be handy, books of magic, maps etc. Maybe burn down the building after we leave to cover our tracks
Two: Me and you go in there tomorrow and I politely ask them for the maps, if there any trouble then may be get a little impolite, what you think big guy?

Chrono22
2010-08-14, 04:59 PM
"I would prefer not to burn down the building. It does offer the city a service, and innocents could be harmed in the fire- but perhaps some combination of your propositions will suffice? You can examine the location, and try to convince the scribes to grant you the document. If that fails..."

Sedis punches his right guantlet into the palm of his left.

"...then I can break down any door, lock, or wall that gets in our way."

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-14, 05:27 PM
"Not burn the building down? God that different, but you proberly right, I hate needless deaths. Well shall we take a gander tonight, and there some one there we put the plan into action if not we find somewhere to rest until it is? I'll even take first watch!

Chrono22
2010-08-14, 07:59 PM
"Yes, I suppose it would be better to wait until tomorrow morning to enact our plans. Don't worry about taking watch though- I don't sleep. I am incapable of doing so- but I would certainly appreciate some company and a place to stay overnight."

freebiewitz
2010-08-15, 08:50 AM
"Tomorrow night hey?" Grumbling he crossed his arms in frustration. "Yeah yeah, whatever, might as well get me some sleep too I think I'll sleep at some stupid inn and stuff...."

Wanders off until he finds a inn (Preferably one that's near a herbalist or something similar.)

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-15, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=Robert Blackletter;9143489] "Well I have a place 20 Minutes away. Your welcome to come and get what refreshment and rest you may need" With that Dartasb turned to walk out the alley

O.O.C to DM
I assuming we all have places within city but if you want me to edit please P.M me

King Tius
2010-08-15, 02:21 PM
Delina takes her evening to go back to where she has been staying, a loft in the house of the city's druid. She makes sure Brutus gets a big delicious dinner, as she isn't sure when their next good meal will be.

Prplcheez
2010-08-15, 08:29 PM
I assuming we all have places within city but if you want me to edit please P.M me

Of course everyone has some sort of living arrangements (unless you specifically don't want to have them). You've all spent your entire lives in the city, and should have either inherited a house or been able to pay rent to stay somewhere.

Chrono22
2010-08-16, 01:01 AM
Sedis follows Dartasb back to his home, and marvels at his new friend's dwelling (being stuck in a confined, dark space in a crypt is bound to lower anyone's standards).

After enviously watching Dartasb eat his second dinner of the night, Sedis pulls out a bound tome with copper pages, and begins reading them by the flickering light of his holy symbol.

With the snores of Dartasb and the prayers of his faith to keep him company, Sedis's soul finds some measure of contentment in spite of the cloying darkness.

Sedis is up and about quite a bit before Dartasb awakens, doing chores or cleaning his abode. Seeing Dartasb awaken, Sedis is eager to speak the words that had been pent up overnight.

"Good morning, smallfellow. Did you sleep well? A man stopped by here earlier with this odd looking scroll. And did you know there's a family of owls living in the roof across the street? And you're out of eggs."

He says all of this very rapidly over a pan of frying eggs. It seems that the large fellow has prepared more than enough food for two! Much more than enough.

Sedis passes Dartasb the scroll over the pan. It's a newspaper.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-16, 04:33 AM
Dartsab eats the food happyily, big meals are never a problem and looks around his, for the first time in months, tidy house "I slept very well thanks, If you know how to read this... scroll contains the local news might be interest and help you catch up, Shall we make a move when I finished this meal?"

freebiewitz
2010-08-16, 05:46 AM
Well if we get our own houses etc then I hope the following is okay.

Back in his small little hut which doubled as his store Retib quickly checked his small herb garden before going back inside. It was small, minimum but comfortable. It was a poor place, no door and no glass windows not that anyone dared to enter Retib's abode.

Too many rumors that he never slept because of HOW he slept. Putting aside his javelins, his sword and finally his great battering ram Retib using the spikes attached to his body rammed himself back first against the wall already filled with numerous holes.

Smiling he rested, his head sagged as his body was kept up by the spikes. It was how he liked it, beds were too squishy and getting up from the floor was to hard. Sleeping upwards like this was most convenient.

Prplcheez
2010-08-16, 08:36 PM
The sun rises a little late this morning, which is usually perceived as an omen of bad luck among the people of Ironwall.

What do you do after you wake up?

Chrono22
2010-08-16, 08:57 PM
"Yes, let us proceed once you've finished and prepared."

Sedis carefully opens the oddly-folded roll of paper and remarks,

"What a truly remarkable thing! In my age, the news was written on short flyers... but how is the writing so precise and concise?

He audibly gasps, and after reading for a few moments hands the paper back to Dartasb.

"Not good. See the front page!"

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/6140/444d61aae7574a2abacd52f.jpg

Kuzon
2010-08-16, 10:47 PM
Rousing himself from his meditations, Alamir noted the dawn coming a little late with a slight nod in the sun's direction, as if it would apologize for it's tardiness. With a sigh, he heaved himself up from the circular futon in his room and began to ready his pack for the night ahead.

After collecting all his things into a nice bundle, he headed downstairs to get the paper. Collecting it from the doorstep and flipping it open, he noticed the headline and sighed loudly, "Great. Just great."

Alamir began pacing the room massaging his temples, wishing the sun would hurry up and set already.

freebiewitz
2010-08-17, 02:27 AM
As the sun pierced his eye lids Retib staggered forwards yanking himself free from his 'bed.' He had not dreamed that night but he felt as if he had. Mumbling he twisted his head checking if any of spikes had taken a large portion of the wall with it. Yanking a few loose pieces of wood he finally made his way outside to check on his herbs.

They were all more or less growing, too slow for his taste but they were healthy enough. It was about time he got going, where were they supposed to meet again? oh yes the place where they kept all those weird weapons, books. Nodding he decided that it was a good idea to grab breakfast first. Walking he looked for a hawker nearest to the library.

He had of course put his gear on back by now.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-17, 04:20 AM
"God damn IT! Scream Dartnasb reading the story, If we lucky he not broke yet, Lets meet the others and get out of this damned city, but we have to be quick, this evil sons of goblins will have him tweeting in no time. We have to go to the library, it risky if Samual sang but it the only chance of getting to the others. If half the stuff said about outside is true we need them.

Chrono22
2010-08-17, 06:21 AM
"Hmm, you are right. We should try to meet the others without delay. Still, I wonder... the Chronicle didn't specify who was captured. It's possible that the prisoner could be someone unrelated to us or the meeting we had last night."

Sedis is saying this as he shoves his prayerbook into his backpack and prepares to leave.

"We should hurry, just in case. Do you know the way?"

Prplcheez
2010-08-17, 08:02 AM
Those who have arrived at the library:
You see Samuel Ward sitting in the very center of the first room you step into. As you enter, he looks up, and notes any expressions of surprise, and chuckles to himself.

"Heh. Don't worry about all that in today's paper. I provided the guard with an 'anonymous tip' to keep them off our backs. By the time they figure out that the guy is innocent, we'll be long gone."

King Tius
2010-08-17, 11:23 AM
Delina looks concerned. "Will he be okay? I suppose we should hurry, then."

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-17, 08:17 PM
Dartasb looked at Samual approvingly
"That not a bad move, though I feel sorry for the poor sod who the narks have hold of ."
Dartasb walks to the nearest liberian,
"Hi good fellow, may I have your assistance ? " dartasb say amiabley. Leaning forward he sliped a gold in to the chaps hand and wisphered We biding for the sewage cleaniing contract with the deptment of sanitation, and well it be helpful if we had a copy of the plan of the sewege system, and then with a wink he leaned in And if the rest of the plans were misleded there may be a small reward for you good man

diplomancy [roll0] bluff [roll1]

Prplcheez
2010-08-17, 08:23 PM
Dartasb looked at Samual approvingly
"That not a bad move, though I feel sorry for the poor sod who the narks have hold of ."
Dartasb walks to the nearest liberian,
"Hi good fellow, may I have your assistance ? " dartasb say amiabley. Leaning forward he sliped a gold in to the chaps hand and wisphered We biding for the sewage cleaniing contract with the deptment of sanitation, and well it be helpful if we had a copy of the plan of the sewege system, and then with a wink he leaned in And if the rest of the plans were misleded there may be a small reward for you good man

diplomancy [roll0] bluff [roll1]

You can practically see the greed sparkling in the man's eyes, and he shuffles off to find the plans.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-17, 09:59 PM
ok guys, we got the plan when our friend return, so have a quick rumage while he gone see if there any thing useful, quickly now! and with that had a quick rumage for any books that seem useful

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-17, 10:25 PM
Search[roll0]

freebiewitz
2010-08-18, 04:43 AM
"Oh boy!" Like a kid in a candy shop Retib Runs off.

He's going to look for the biggest book, can't be that hard.
[roll0] Spot if it's obvious
[roll1] Search if it's not

Prplcheez
2010-08-18, 05:00 AM
Search[roll0]

You find nothing terribly useful for the escape, but there are a few things that you might be personally interested in.

"Oh boy!" Like a kid in a candy shop Retib Runs off.

He's going to look for the biggest book, can't be that hard.
[roll0] Spot if it's obvious
[roll1] Search if it's not

You find a 600 page encyclopedia.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-18, 06:19 AM
Dartasb slips the books that may be personal interest into his pockets for future inspection.

freebiewitz
2010-08-18, 06:31 AM
"Hmm... could be better buuuuut I guess you take what you can." Thinking he then added. "I bet I could make a better book!" Emphasis on make and not write XD

Chrono22
2010-08-18, 01:30 PM
Sedis browses for a book that can assist them. Perhaps a historical record of the origins of the city would help...
Search [roll0]

Prplcheez
2010-08-18, 01:50 PM
Sedis browses for a book that can assist them. Perhaps a historical record of the origins of the city would help...
Search [roll0]

The only thing you find is a short paper of kinds describing how the city was built. Apparently, a very powerful wizard was running from something and used a spell to raise the walls from the ground. This occurred a few hundred years ago.

Chrono22
2010-08-20, 04:46 AM
Sedis closes the tome and puts it back where he found it.
'Well that was fruitless. I wonder if Dartasb has received the sewer plans yet.'
Sedis walks back to Dartasb to see what's going on.

Prplcheez
2010-08-20, 08:50 AM
After a few minutes, the man comes back with the plans to the sewer.

"Here you are sir, this is all I could find."

Chrono22
2010-08-21, 03:16 PM
*poke*
"Thanks."

Sedis takes the plans and examines them intently. He's looking for a means of escaping the city.

[roll0]

Prplcheez
2010-08-21, 04:20 PM
*poke*
"Thanks."

Sedis takes the plans and examines them intently. He's looking for a means of escaping the city.

[roll0]

The path through the sewer is pretty obvious. It is basically a straight line from the entrance to the largest exit grate.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-21, 08:44 PM
After a few minutes, the man comes back with the plans to the sewer.

"Here you are sir, this is all I could find."

thank you my friend, meet us at the dusty dwarf after you finish here and I shall reward you greatly, just ask for Jax's he said to the libaraian.

To the others he whispered let get the others and make a move, the sooner the better

Kuzon
2010-08-22, 03:16 PM
As night began to fall, Alamir made his way to the pub, his pack in tow this time. after a good twenty minutes, he heard the rest of the patrons from last night approaching, chattering quietly amongst themselves about their findings.

(sorry to godmod the plot forward, but it seemed to need a jumpstart. if prpl has anything planned before this point i can edit/delete this post.)

Prplcheez
2010-08-23, 01:18 AM
As night began to fall, Alamir made his way to the pub, his pack in tow this time. after a good twenty minutes, he heard the rest of the patrons from last night approaching, chattering quietly amongst themselves about their findings.

(sorry to godmod the plot forward, but it seemed to need a jumpstart. if prpl has anything planned before this point i can edit/delete this post.)

((Fine by me))

As Alamir enters the pub, Samuel emerges from a dark corner, where he was completely unseen.

"I see you're ready to go. The others probably have the sewer plans, but I left the library before anything happened, so I can't be sure."

Chrono22
2010-08-23, 01:59 AM
"Yes, I have them. Shall we depart?"

can we please please please skip doing a roll call. Let's just assume everyone is here and continue onward...

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-23, 08:53 AM
let's go Dartasb said noticing every body there the entrance is not far, follow me

King Tius
2010-08-23, 01:06 PM
Delina hops on Brutus and pats his flank. "Let's go boy!"

Kuzon
2010-08-23, 01:27 PM
Noting it was still fairly early into the night, Alamir stopped everyone with a slight wave, "I'd say to wait until it's a little darker before doing this--don't want anyone to stumble upon our little escape."

freebiewitz
2010-08-24, 06:30 AM
"Escape?" He wasn't sure what they meant but by the sounds of things it sounded like the group would lead him into a fight. "I call first swipe!" Retib announces most enthusiastically.

Prplcheez
2010-08-24, 09:25 PM
"The elf may have a point. However, there's also a chance the guard could be done interrogating the distraction by the time darkness falls. Which will it be?"

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-25, 02:37 AM
O.k let put it to a vote, i say go now who agrees with me?

Kuzon
2010-08-25, 03:47 AM
"Hmm... On second thought, it may be wiser to leave now--better to be seen by a few curious civilians than a troop of guards."

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-25, 04:25 AM
"Good, if there no more objection then we lets make a move, I say let the Sedis lead the way, he looks the most capable of defending hisself if the worst happens"

Prplcheez
2010-08-25, 08:27 PM
"If we are traveling in a protective formation, I feel I should take up the rear."

freebiewitz
2010-08-25, 11:49 PM
"I'm IN FRONT!" Smiling he unsheathes his sword.

Kuzon
2010-08-26, 12:48 AM
"put that away, would you? you've no use for it at the moment."

"as for formation, i'll scout ahead--within earshot. i'll signal if i happen across anything interesting."

(wii posting again, i'll fix the post in the morning)

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-26, 03:31 AM
"O.k here the plan, our elven friend will scout ahead, signalling if he see anything, Sedis and the little guy out in the front, we put the pretty lady in the middle and me and Sammy boy will follow from the back. If we get stopped let me do the talking, sound good?"

Kuzon
2010-08-26, 04:13 AM
"i don't see anything wrong with that at the moment, but everyone be prepared for anything unexpected."

Chrono22
2010-08-26, 03:12 PM
Sedis nods in agreement, and readies his flail and shield. His glowing holy symbol is casting illumination around the party.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-26, 04:11 PM
" o.k shall we move, Elf boy if you would care to leave, we give you 2 minutes then follow in formation, and remember people let me do the talking if we get stoped by guards"

Kuzon
2010-09-01, 04:29 PM
"Then what should happen if I get stopped by guards?" Alamir asks with a slight smile and a raised eyebrow, "With you two minutes behind me, I'd be carted off as a suspicious person before you even arrived. I say we go together for now, and assume formation once we're actually down there."

Alamir heads for the door, pausing to look back at the group, "Shall we be going then?"

Prplcheez
2010-09-02, 05:48 AM
You arrive at the entrance to the sewer without any issues, except a few strange looks from civilians. With a combined effort, the grate comes off easily. As you step inside, your footsteps echo throughout the sewer. A few seconds later, you hear a massive guttural growl that shakes the floor beneath you.

King Tius
2010-09-02, 07:21 AM
Knowledge(nature):[roll0] to ID the source of the growl?

Kuzon
2010-09-02, 01:19 PM
Likewise.
[roll0]

well that sucked.

Alamir hears the cry and immediately draws his bow, Letting his eyes adjust to the darkness. (I'm assuming we closed the grate behind us)

(Can we get a deeper description of where we are and what the immediate area looks like?)

Prplcheez
2010-09-02, 03:21 PM
With the way the echoes distort the sound, you can't be sure what it is. It could be anything from a large Ogre to a dragon. Whatever it is, you're sure that it can't be friendly.

Here is what you see at the moment.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5383/sewerentrance.jpg
Party is grouped at red circle.

Note that the red circle is NOT visible in game, it is simply a marker as to where the party is.

Not sure if I'll be sticking with this method of making maps. The WCIII map editor is a pain to deal with.

Kuzon
2010-09-03, 01:59 AM
(so the red circle is where we spawn? i'm assuming there's a path behind us as well (though there isnt much reason to go that way, since it's headed away from our destination and it's full of poo))

"Okay. It seems we're not alone down here... I'll take the lead, you follow after a few minutes. I'll blow on this--" Alamir shows everyone the Signal Whistle around his neck to show what he was talking about, "If anything happens. I'll stop every so often and at any intersections we come to to check in."

Alamir advances slowly into the darkness with bow at the ready, keeping alert for anything dangerous. After a few steps, he turns and adds, "And careful with your torches--they might flare up. Stick to sunrods or magical light if possible."

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-03, 03:28 AM
Be careful, that creature could be anything, we give you 30 seconds then follow.Dartasb said before Alamir left. O.k i say we follow the order arrange in the bar, the big guy and the little man in front, Pretty lady in the middle With me and Sam as rear Guards, all agree?

freebiewitz
2010-09-03, 07:52 AM
"I KNOW WHAT THE CREATURE IS!" Retib yelled in glee. "A SURPRISE!" And with that he runs right in sword drawn and face smiling.

Retib dashes into the darkness, I assume he has moved beyond the light source?

Edit: That is he charges at the noise/the last know location of the noise.

King Tius
2010-09-03, 07:57 AM
Delina sighs and draws her sling. She gives Brutus a nudge with her heels, sending her and the dog trotting off after Retib (though she makes sure they stay 20 ft behind him)

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-03, 08:14 AM
Dartasb smiles to his self and follows behind keeping his self 10 ft behind Delina

Kuzon
2010-09-03, 02:00 PM
"Hey--" The little man charges past him into the darkness laughing to himself gleefully, "Wait, I... Ugh." Alamir begins rubbing his temples to ease the headache that was creeping up from the sheer stupidity of his actions.

(He's stopped at this point, then begins walking quickly to catch up with Retib)

Prplcheez
2010-09-03, 04:23 PM
Samuel is following without a word, with his sword drawn.

You see more of the same for about 100 feet, then path abruptly stops. From here, there are two paths going to the left and right, respectively, and all you can see down them is more of the same.

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-03, 07:15 PM
Keeping his voice low and looking side to side for any movement Dart whispers What way dose that map say to go?

Spot? [roll0]

freebiewitz
2010-09-04, 02:00 AM
Slamming into the wall Retib realizes that he is at a fork in the road.
"Where'd that thing run off to?"

((I'm assuming he ran off away from the source of light and then abruptly stopped.))

Prplcheez
2010-09-04, 09:58 AM
Keeping his voice low and looking side to side for any movement Dart whispers What way dose that map say to go?

Spot? [roll0]

The plans for the sewer are virtually symmetrical. They say that the split paths go 60 feet to either side, then come back around and join together. After that, it is a straight path to the exit.

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-05, 02:26 AM
O.k guys i say lets stick together and go....... left, its all the same in the end and if we run into that noise making thing then we can all hit it together

freebiewitz
2010-09-05, 09:07 AM
"Left? Uhhh which way is left again? Staring ahead dumbfounded Retib isn't sure what to do.

King Tius
2010-09-05, 11:55 AM
"Left it is!"

Prplcheez
2010-09-06, 08:23 AM
Samuel steps to the front of the group and heads down the left hallway.

"Follow me."

freebiewitz
2010-09-07, 12:41 AM
"So wait that's the left side?" Asking quickly. "ALRIGHT LAST ONE TO THE MONSTER BUYS ME A DRINK!"

Dashing off blindly Retib grins like a madman.

Uhh since I'm charging off into the dark I guess I should make balance check or something? I'm not sure what the penalties are but you can add it in later.

[roll0]

Prplcheez
2010-09-07, 04:07 PM
For those with Darkvision (which I think is all of you at this point O_o)
As the party rounds the corner into the next long stretch, 3 humanoid silhouettes become visible. They are at the very edge of your range of sight..

freebiewitz
2010-09-08, 08:25 AM
"THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!"

Retib charges the closest shape.

Attack (Assuming they're medium sized creatures)
[roll0]

Damage (Assuming I hit them, also two handed weapons is Str+Half of Str?)
[roll1]

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-08, 10:30 AM
"STOP! OH buggering bugger" screamed Dartasb. Knowing that he now has little choice, even if they were non-hostile, that ankle bitter (:smalltongue:) had just stop al changes of peaceful contact Dart throws out his hands and purple lighting shoots fromthem streaking towards the darken figures.

TO hit [roll0] Against touch ac on the one that Retib is not charging
Damage [roll1]

Prplcheez
2010-09-08, 03:57 PM
Retib's swing drops one of them with a loud *THUNK* and a scream.

Dartasb's attack lights up the area enough for the party to see that these are Goblins. The lightning strikes the second goblin in the chest, and he drops his sword and runs. The last goblin, slightly bigger than the rest, readies his shield and stands adamant.

King Tius
2010-09-08, 05:03 PM
Delina loads up a sling stone and whirls it at the fleeing goblin.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Prplcheez
2010-09-08, 07:26 PM
Delina's bullet sails through the air and hits the goblin at the bottom of its arc. The goblin slows, but doesn't stop.

He is out of sight range now.

Prplcheez
2010-09-09, 05:34 PM
The larger goblin steps toward Retib and takes a swing.

It lands a glancing blow and deals 3 damage.

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-09, 06:34 PM
Dartasb steps back "Bloody brain dead moron" He thinks to hisself, He throws a bolt at the goblin attacking and if the Goblin survives shouts in goblin "Give up and I'll call off the attack slave, otherwise we shall kill you and desecrate your body so you can have no honourable funeral rites" In common he follow "he may surrender, accept it Retib, and we may have an resource which i can use"

Dang mess up the rolls

King Tius
2010-09-09, 07:42 PM
Delina fires another sling stone, this time at the larger goblin.

Attack: [roll0] (I added the -4 for firing into Melee)
Damage: [roll1]

Brutus barks eagerly, wanting to join the fray

Prplcheez
2010-09-09, 08:00 PM
Dartasb's bolt flies wide. Delina's sling bullet tears through the goblin's armor and lodges itself in his chest, but he stays standing.

freebiewitz
2010-09-10, 02:10 AM
After getting hit Retib smiles. "You call THAT an attack?" he asks rhetorically. "THIS IS AN ATTACK!" And thus he swung.

To hit.
[roll0]

Damage if hit.
[roll1]

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-10, 04:32 AM
Then Die you son of a sow Dart screams in goblin , moving closer for a better shot he lets rip with a burst of purple lighting.

[roll0] assuming at 30 feet have incleude -4 shoot into combat and + 1 for point blank shot modifiers
Damage if hit [roll1] includes the + 1 for point blank shot
Edit: ouch

Prplcheez
2010-09-10, 05:38 AM
Retib's swing glances off the goblin's armor, and Dartasb's bolt flies wide again.

freebiewitz
2010-09-10, 06:02 AM
"AHAHAHAHA!" Retib becomes lost as he comes in for another swing.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-10, 06:05 AM
DANM IT HOLD STILL!!

To hit[roll0] (have include modifiers)
to damage [roll1] Discount roll

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-10, 06:11 AM
Dartasb could feel his anger fuelling his blast, Both his eyes turn black as he released the full power of his blast into the goblin, he started screaming and cursing at this creature who wouldn't die at his command.

Roll to confirm crit [roll0] (at x2)

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-10, 06:13 AM
Damage roll [roll0] x2=14 that amusing

Prplcheez
2010-09-10, 03:39 PM
Retib's swing cleaves the goblin in two, just as Dartasb's lightning strikes with deadly accuracy. All that's left are two piles of burnt flesh.

freebiewitz
2010-09-10, 04:10 PM
Puzzled by the sudden death of the goblin Retib asks. "Wait where'd the rest of the green guy go? I swear I just cut him in half!" not that he knew what a goblin was or anything.

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-10, 06:17 PM
Dartasb felt more the saw the goblins body inplode, screaming he spun, his eyes still to black wells of nothingness looking for another target.

Spot [roll0]
If he spot an emamy
Dartasb scream at the sight of another green skin and throw some purple lighting its way to hit [roll1] to damage [roll2] +1 to both if closer then 30 ft
If not
Dartasb quickly claims down the dark wells in his eyes regain their mismatched colour, shearch his body he may have something useful:e say rather beathlessly

Prplcheez
2010-09-10, 09:38 PM
Spot [roll0]

Your eyes fall out. ((JK :P))

Dartasb quickly claims down the dark wells in his eyes regain their mismatched colour, shearch his body he may have something useful:e say rather beathlessly

Samuel catches up and kneels down beside the fallen goblins.

[roll0]

EDIT: Samuel finds absolutely nothing and sighs.

"No luck. I've never been good at this type of thing. Anyone else care to take a look?"

((EDIT2: Strange. Replaced your roll with mine. You get the point though, critical failure and all.))

Kuzon
2010-09-10, 11:19 PM
Alamir shakes himself awake, having apparently succumbed to narcolepsy (despite being an elf. yeah.) in the middle of the sewers and--upon hearing the sounds of battle--shakily runs to catch up with the rest of the party after regaining his bearings.

"I--*huff* I apologize for my..." Alamir lets the subject drop, noticing the lack of danger, and stares shamefully at the ground for his weakness.

(OOC: so sorry for dropping off the planet guys, got a lot to deal with lately IRL and havent really found the time to get on here. I'll take a penalty for lack of playing if nessesary.)

freebiewitz
2010-09-11, 03:56 AM
Retib goes over to the goblin, hacks at his arm and then says. "I've never seen anything like this before." Sniffs the now decapitated arm. "Is it good to eat?"

Prplcheez
2010-09-11, 08:05 AM
Samuel quickly slaps the arm out of Retib's... arms... and says

"NO. Goblins are not food."

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-11, 12:02 PM
Dartsab looks at this exchange with a evil look in his eyes "What do you mean goblins are not food? it one of the tenderest most jucy meats there is! Retib you roast theat arm, put a little thyme on it and you have a meal fit for a god!Let me check the bodys and then i let you harvest the meat"

Take 20 in shearching the bodies, also taking notes of weapon and armor they have on them.

freebiewitz
2010-09-11, 08:05 PM
".....How can you put time on food?" Asked Retib utterly confused. Grabbing the arm he slung it over his shoulder for later impaling it on his spikes. "You know what's really good for meat? FIRE!"

Prplcheez
2010-09-12, 07:23 AM
Samuel looks at Dartasb and sighs.

"I give up. Let's go."

He starts to walk forward.

King Tius
2010-09-12, 09:20 PM
Brutus barks loudly a few times, seemingly eager to eat the goblins, too. Delina scolds him and guides him onward, her sling still at the ready.

Kuzon
2010-09-12, 11:39 PM
"Contemplating eating something we found and killed in the sewers. With that, I think I've given up all food for good. Thanks, all."

Rubbing his temples and ignoring the goblin corpses, Alamir advances into the darkness, hoping that he wouldn't suddenly black out again.

freebiewitz
2010-09-13, 03:21 AM
Shrugging Retib simply smirks and beings hacking away at another arm. "More for me then." He says as he flings another arm onto his spikes. Out of room Retib feels that he must find fire to eat the meat.

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-13, 06:54 AM
Dartasb smirks to his self as he continues to search the bodies, "Wonder what else I can get the idiot to eat" he mutters under his breath. Noting people starting to leave he shouts "Hang on I've not finish here."

sorry you never say if I found anything when in took 20 (for total search 22) on the bodies. Also check weapons and armour, being goblin they should be size for us little one

Prplcheez
2010-09-13, 11:41 AM
Dartasb smirks to his self as he continues to search the bodies, "Wonder what else I can get the idiot to eat" he mutters under his breath. Noting people starting to leave he shouts "Hang on I've not finish here."

sorry you never say if I found anything when in took 20 (for total search 22) on the bodies. Also check weapons and armour, being goblin they should be size for us little one

((Sorry, didn't notice that.))

As for weapons and armor, the un-fried one had a small-sized shortsword and moderately damaged chainmail. The fried one... Well... You don't find any weapons and armor.

However, you do find what looks like a small ruby on each of them, about the size of the tip of your index finger.

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-13, 01:27 PM
Dartasb looks at the rubies and feel a moment of greed, but decided to share his finding with the other "Hey Guys, look what I found! And with that held the stone to be seen by everyone. ""I'll keep hold of them until we find a fence, even split!His armouer in not to bad nick ether if anyone wants it" Dartasb said while squirrelling the stones away on his person. "Lets go" Dastasb say picking up the short sword, has he start to advance down the tunnel.

Have pick up the sword and rubies, the sword is stored (it a spare in case I'm ever weaponless

Prplcheez
2010-09-13, 03:11 PM
"That's... interesting... I wonder why sewer goblins would be carrying precious gems?"

Kuzon
2010-09-13, 10:53 PM
(remember how alamir was walking off last post? he's about sixty feet ahead of the party now)

Nearing the edge of earshot, Alamir stops and waits for the party, scanning the darkness ahead for any signs of movement.

Rolls:
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

freebiewitz
2010-09-13, 11:54 PM
Retib looks at the rubies with a bored expression. "Pfft, I tried eating one those once, didn't taste good. Threw it out. What good is something if ya can't use it or eat it?"

Prplcheez
2010-09-14, 05:51 AM
(remember how alamir was walking off last post? he's about sixty feet ahead of the party now)

Nearing the edge of earshot, Alamir stops and waits for the party, scanning the darkness ahead for any signs of movement.

Rolls:

You don't see anything, but you here a quiet metallic rattling off in the distance

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-14, 06:43 AM
Retib looks at the rubies with a bored expression. "Pfft, I tried eating one those once, didn't taste good. Threw it out. What good is something if ya can't use it or eat it?"

"Your quite right, they not much use but its a hobby of mine, collecting pretty shiny rocks, if you find any just point it out and I promise to do the same to any unusally food we come along to"

freebiewitz
2010-09-14, 08:47 AM
"Your quite right, they not much use but its a hobby of mine, collecting pretty shiny rocks, if you find any just point it out and I promise to do the same to any unusally food we come along to"

Cocking his head to one side Retib blurts out. "Your not very smart are ya?"

XD I LOVE THIS CHARACTER!

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-14, 09:03 AM
Cocking his head to one side Retib blurts out. "Your not very smart are ya?"

XD I LOVE THIS CHARACTER!

Dropped on my head a few time as a child,me old noggin not quite as good as it should be. Dartasb answered "So if you could help me out, stop me walking into wall and scaring monster i be very thankful

Well he is awesome

Kuzon
2010-09-15, 09:06 AM
Noting the sound in the distance, Alamir walks forward carefully with his bow drawn, staying alert for whatever the source of the noise is (he'll pause for the group to get closer at about 120 ft. away from them or at the intersection where the two paths meet up again--whichever's closer.).

Rolls:
Move Silently: [roll2](can I just take ten on or something spot/listen since I don't wanna have to attach a roll for every post I make while alamir is walking? He's paying close attention to his surroundings--i.e. constantly making checks)

Prplcheez
2010-09-15, 04:38 PM
Noting the sound in the distance, Alamir walks forward carefully with his bow drawn, staying alert for whatever the source of the noise is (he'll pause for the group to get closer at about 120 ft. away from them or at the intersection where the two paths meet up again--whichever's closer.).

Rolls:
Move Silently: [roll2](can I just take ten on or something spot/listen since I don't wanna have to attach a roll for every post I make while alamir is walking? He's paying close attention to his surroundings--i.e. constantly making checks)

((Yeah, you can go ahead and just take ten on those, if you want.))

The entire group hears a loud metallic clanking over and over, like someone running in a full suit of armor. You're not sure which direction it's coming from.

Prplcheez
2010-09-15, 06:15 PM
A few seconds after the clanking becomes audible, you hear a young man's voice

"HEY, WAIT FOR ME!!!"

The clanking slowly becomes louder.

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-15, 07:02 PM
Hearing the voice, Dartasb turn towards the sound and readies him self to blast it if he appears to be hostile. Slow dawn, and approach with your hands where we can see them! We been attack once, so we not taking changes.

Rerady actions to blast anything that appears hostile in his view.

Prplcheez
2010-09-15, 07:13 PM
The man comes into view and slows down.

((Passing the character over to my dad now, whenever he wishes to post))

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-15, 07:22 PM
Noticing that the man appears to be peaceful Dartasb looks him up and down. "O.k you appear safe, so come close, who are you and what do you want! if you make a hostile move, then the little guy" Dartasb points at Retib, with the arms he spike dripping blood down his armour "will disarm you as he did the goblins. If your safe then I'm sorry but we have to be carefull"

dean dryer
2010-09-15, 08:26 PM
The man comes into view and slows down.

((Passing the character over to my dad now, whenever he wishes to post))

Whew Glad I caught up with you guys. I just made it out past the sewer grates when I caught up with you. I heard about your plan to escape in the rusty wheel. I was hoping you could use an extra sword arm. Name's Abel......Abel Stayne.

Prplcheez
2010-09-15, 08:32 PM
"Nice to meet you, Abel. My name's Samuel Ward. I hate to be rude, but I'm gonna have to ask you to stay where everyone can see you for now, to be sure you have no hostile intentions. We don't really know who we can trust at the moment."

dean dryer
2010-09-15, 09:10 PM
Abel's greatsword is sheathed on his back. He holds out his hands to show he is not brandishing any weapons.

Sure. Yeah. I understand........Look, could you guys "not trust me" while we're moving? I don't want to get eaten while I'm on probation. BTW that goblin's armor looks like it's repairable once we find someplace to camp......preferably not in the sewer.

freebiewitz
2010-09-16, 12:11 AM
...... "Disarm? I don't get it." Says Retib with the two goblin arms attached to his armor. "And eat you? You don't look so tasty... I wonder what goblins taste like, maybe cabbages.... I like cabbages."

Remembering why he was here Retib yells "OH THE GROWLY SOUND!" And dashes off deeper into the sewers.

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-16, 06:54 AM
Oh god... forgive him he's not too bright, o.k i guess yourcoming along, we better catch him or he just get in more trouble Dart said has he turned to follow

Prplcheez
2010-09-17, 07:10 PM
Assuming everyone has caught up and is at the sewer exit now, since there were no other problems. The source of the large growl is, as of yet, unidentified.

The grate covering the exit is extremely thick (about 1 foot of metal), but the width of the hole is barely enough for an armored human to squeeze through.

All you see through the holes in the grate is a desolate wasteland, as if the land has been subject to a massive wildfire.

freebiewitz
2010-09-17, 07:59 PM
Retib is going to try and force his way up against the grate if he can't fit. Preferably using his battering ram upwards if possible.

[roll0]
Another +2 if you would allow the battering ram

Prplcheez
2010-09-17, 10:20 PM
Retib is going to try and force his way up against the grate if he can't fit. Preferably using his battering ram upwards if possible.

[roll0]
Another +2 if you would allow the battering ram

You hear the grate grinding against the metal of the wall around it, and it moves slightly outwards.

Battering ram is fine.

Kuzon
2010-09-17, 10:45 PM
Alamir meets teh group at the grate and takes the rear of the party (like twenty feet --close enough to to take part in conversations, but far enough at the back to see if anything is trying to sneak up on us). He looks curiously a the newest addition to the party as he passed, but decides to let it drop until they find somewhere suitable to rest for the night and get everything figured out.

(taking ten on spot/listen)

freebiewitz
2010-09-18, 02:13 AM
"DAMNIT YOU STUPID METAL THING!" Bringing the battering ram back for another swing Retib smashes into the grate for a second time.

If he doesn't make it this time he's gonna start raging :3
Strength check + Ram
[roll0]

Prplcheez
2010-09-18, 08:17 AM
Alamir meets teh group at the grate and takes the rear of the party (like twenty feet --close enough to to take part in conversations, but far enough at the back to see if anything is trying to sneak up on us). He looks curiously a the newest addition to the party as he passed, but decides to let it drop until they find somewhere suitable to rest for the night and get everything figured out.

(taking ten on spot/listen)

You hear and see nothing out of the ordinary. The source of the growling seems to have either left or fallen asleep.

"DAMNIT YOU STUPID METAL THING!" Bringing the battering ram back for another swing Retib smashes into the grate for a second time.

If he doesn't make it this time he's gonna start raging :3
Strength check + Ram
[roll0]

The grate screams against the metal surrounding it, but moves only slightly.

freebiewitz
2010-09-18, 09:08 AM
Now sufficiently pissed off Retib summons all his strength into a single blow. "YOU STUPID *(#&%(*&^$*%&(#" Bringing his battering back he swings it with all his strength.

Includes rage and ram
[roll0]
Oh I hope this works!

Kuzon
2010-09-18, 09:46 AM
Now sufficiently pissed off Retib summons all his strength into a single blow. "YOU STUPID *(#&%(*&^$*%&(#" Bringing his battering back he swings it with all his strength.

Includes rage and ram
[roll0]
Oh I hope this works!
(OOC: nat20 strength/rage/ram. my jaw dropped at the though of it.)

Alamir cringes from the noise behind him, his heightened hearing making the metal's screams of protest all the more grating (pardon the pun).

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-18, 11:07 AM
Dartasb watched as the stupid one attack the grate, Knowing that freedom was only a few minutes away. Knowing that the goblins had to come from somewhere, he readies him self to defend against any attack after the drains been breached

ready action, blast any attack from the grate.

Prplcheez
2010-09-18, 11:34 AM
(OOC: nat20 strength/rage/ram. my jaw dropped at the though of it.)

Alamir cringes from the noise behind him, his heightened hearing making the metal's screams of protest all the more grating (pardon the pun).

((I had to try really hard to avoid that pun myself :P))

The grate shatters violently outwards with a massive thundering *CRACK*.

freebiewitz
2010-09-18, 04:12 PM
In his animistic fury Retib seemed to forget about everything, his common sense was gone....
In other words he was pretty much the same, only now his eyes were red and he was frothing at the mouth.
"oh NOW you BLOODY OPEN!" Strapping the ram back onto his his back he charges forth.... book first. Frothing he attacks the first thing he see's.... even if it's friend up there.

And this is why you don't piss him off. Also I think I might have started something.... hopefully a meme if I'm lucky.

Also his rage runs out in ten rounds aka. one minute. I hope you the DM will keep track of this and tell me when I get tired?

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-18, 05:08 PM
Oi! Pintsize! Slow down, there might be more go.... relising that this might be the wrong tact Gold colour rocks. We should eat first. You got your goblin to try! I know just how to cook it! Dart shouted after Retib. Hoping that he might take control of his self

Prplcheez
2010-09-18, 05:28 PM
Samuel attempts to grab Retib and keep him from going through the grate

Retib, make an opposed grapple check vs. [roll0]

((remember, -4 due to your size, so I'm fairly sure the only way out of this grapple for you is another nat 20))

freebiewitz
2010-09-19, 01:28 AM
"HRR!" Retib yells caught up in his rage as he struggles to get free.

Also he doesn't need a Nat 20, just a 18 to break even though considering things it's a pretty low chance.
For grapple
[roll0]

Not sure how spikes work uhh I'll roll the damage anyways.
[roll1]

freebiewitz
2010-09-19, 01:31 AM
"LET ME BLOODY GO YOU @($#*)(*#)*$(&)@" He yells trying to hit whoever grabbed him with the book.

Using the book to hit,
improvised so that's a -4
Str including rage +6
Small sized +1
[roll0]

To damage if hit.
[roll1]

To see if book breaks if hit.
[roll2]

Prplcheez
2010-09-19, 07:35 AM
Samuel stumbles back at the attack and lets go of Retib.

freebiewitz
2010-09-19, 07:41 AM
Retib roars and runs right back up the grate.

Prplcheez
2010-09-20, 03:03 PM
Retib roars and runs right back up the grate.

When you completely exit the sewers, all you see is barren land. No trees, no creatures, no plants, just dirt.

freebiewitz
2010-09-21, 12:29 AM
Retib runs off, his mind no longer there. He charges forward to find the monster. Or whatever made that sound.

Kuzon
2010-09-21, 10:46 AM
Alamir glances over his shoulder at the sound of the grate falling and retib charging off into the wilderness--or lack thereof, "Shouldn't someone stop him before he gets himself killed or something?"

Prplcheez
2010-09-21, 03:20 PM
Alamir glances over his shoulder at the sound of the grate falling and retib charging off into the wilderness--or lack thereof, "Shouldn't someone stop him before he gets himself killed or something?"

Samuel coughs and sits up.

"I just tried, but... *cough*..."

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-21, 05:39 PM
"don't know why you guy's are worried, just see it as an early detection system, theres foe's or traps then bang, no more problem. Anyway we bwtter catch up..."Dartasb said as he followed

Prplcheez
2010-09-22, 08:52 PM
Samuel gets up and crawls through the opening, then turns around in case anyone needs help coming through.

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-23, 12:08 PM
Dartasb get through the opening and leaves the pipe to enter the desolate land scape "Well this looks nice"

freebiewitz
2010-09-24, 01:21 AM
Runs in circles swinging his book at nothing while frothing at the mouth.

Kuzon
2010-09-24, 08:44 AM
(i dunno, what's the range increment for a rock? i kinda wanna piss off the little psycho some more--maybe he'll tire himself out or his head'll explode or something.)

Prplcheez
2010-09-24, 05:58 PM
(i dunno, what's the range increment for a rock? i kinda wanna piss off the little psycho some more--maybe he'll tire himself out or his head'll explode or something.)

((About 30 feet IIRC. You're in range from the grate, unless he specifically ran farther out. It's been about 20 seconds since he started to rage, so let's say he's got 7 rounds left before he tires.))

((Also, my computer died, so I'll have to be posting from my dad's computer, which won't happen quite as often. Sorry about any delays.))

freebiewitz
2010-09-26, 04:37 AM
Retib had run out for about thirty feet before starting to run around in circles. The circles are between ten and five feet in diameter. Its more of an oval though.

dean dryer
2010-09-26, 06:39 PM
Abel walks out of the sewer to get his first glimpse of the world outside Ironwall for the first time in his life. Will their be maidens to rescue? Dire demons to challenge? Desperate batles against hopeless odds?

Or just a bunch of dirt?

Well this is.........disappointing

Prplcheez
2010-09-27, 10:06 AM
Samuel reaches into his pack and pulls out a map. He opens the map, studies it for a second, and begins to speak.

"Well, we have two real choices here. We could go to the orc lands, which are a short distance to the southeast, or we could go to the Elven lands, which are far south. The Elves would probably be more hospitable, but it's a month's travel, whereas the Orc lands are only a few days away."

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-27, 10:35 AM
let's vist the orc's! If we can control numb nuts pointing at Retib and not just attack everything, then we should quickly get a tribe under our control

Kuzon
2010-09-28, 07:03 AM
"...Elves. With us being so new to the--well, the world in general, it'd be better for us to get somewhere with hospitable people, rather than to fight our way to the top of a bunch of savages."

Alamir turns and looks back at the wall, the sighs lightly and resettles his pack around his shoulders, "We should probably get some distance between us and the city before we make camp for the night."

freebiewitz
2010-09-29, 07:55 PM
Running back still frothing at the mouth Retib yells. "YEAH LETS FIGHT DA ELFZZZ!!!" And then proceeds to collapse.

Kuzon
2010-09-30, 07:42 AM
"so... does that mean elves or orcs?"

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-30, 08:02 AM
Well that two elves to my one orc, what about you guys Looking at the remaining member(s) Who do you want to vist?

Prplcheez
2010-09-30, 11:33 AM
"I'd prefer the elves, but I'm not so sure about the travel distance. A month of traveling is a lot of potential trouble."

Robert Blackletter
2010-09-30, 05:59 PM
"exactly and it only 50/50 that the orcs will be hostile, I speak orc so we can communicate, we go visit make contact and if we can use them to get supply's to visit the elves later "

freebiewitz
2010-10-01, 03:58 PM
Face in the dirt Retib squirms abit.
"Mrmoht.....Elf.....mrrg.ggg.....gahhert......smash y..."
Followed by -twitch twitch-

Robert Blackletter
2010-10-01, 05:24 PM
Dartasb walked to the twitching figure, "well I think he said something about elf," then addressing Retib directly in a seathing tone" "You proud of yourself? You look foolish in the dirt! Now get yourself up and apolize to Sam, you hurt him, in your little babish temper, so make amends NOW!" dartasb said with his hands on his hips

Ooc
hope this is o.k going for a kinda older sibling thing, if I failed then sorry

freebiewitz
2010-10-03, 07:02 PM
........"Whose Sam?" Cocking his head to the side Retib seems to have little recolection.

Prplcheez
2010-10-08, 05:14 PM
"I'm Sam, you dolt! So are we agreeing on the Orcs, then?"

OOC:
Sorry about my lack of activity recently, I've been dealing with a ton of personal issues, and a phenomenal amount of homework, which severely reduces my free time. Even when I do have free time, I usually end up just falling asleep. Hopefully everyone is still here and willing to play.

Robert Blackletter
2010-10-09, 07:08 PM
Of course we want the orcs, they be more fun...

ooc
Personnel issues!!!, I am sicken that you have a life outside of the internet :smalltongue: No worrys this is the only PBP that gone longer the 3 pages so am totally interested in keeping going even if it ends up with just me and freebiewitz, prob should do an head count to see who still with us though

freebiewitz
2010-10-09, 08:34 PM
"Whats a Orc?" Asked Retib. Looking towards Sam he then asked. "Are you an Orc?"

Robert Blackletter
2010-10-09, 08:52 PM
No orc are more tasty

freebiewitz
2010-10-10, 08:03 AM
"ORCS IT IS!" He yelled in triumph raising both arms in the air.....

Both goblin arms. "I'm gonna make me a Orc steak with goblin gravy!"