PDA

View Full Version : You are a bush. (open play)

Sensei
2010-08-10, 03:44 AM
This is a little different than your typical adventure. Instead of everyone making a character, everybody suggests actions for the primary character, who acts on my posts (effectively, the OP is also the GM). Drive-by posts are fine by me, but you might have to defend the logic of your suggested actions to the other people in the thread- in case of conflict, democracy ensues. There are more rules specific to this game, but they will be explained as we play and may or may not be made up on the spot.

You always wanted to be an adventurer. You've dreamed of slaying monsters, claiming fair maidens (you're a male deer fern), and traveling to see the world. But God created a lot more bushes than He did adventurers. So in retrospect is was a pretty likely lot in life, although you think maybe being an insect would have been more interesting. But you think you're a bush that can think. HA! The only bush that can prove its own existence! Perhaps, in time, you will grow- into an entire swamp or forest even! Yes, you think you'd like to do that. Maybe you just need some XP... how did adventurers get it again? Oh look, here comes an adventurer now! What do you do?

Size: 1
Health: 3/3
EXP: 0/100
Powers: Thought (1)
Items: None
Allies: None

Sensei
2010-08-10, 07:19 PM
Bump? Or shall I allow this to rest in the sediment of neglected threads?

Savannah
2010-08-10, 07:35 PM
I'd suggest thinking really, really hard at the adventurer "Stop!"

As near as I can tell, that's the only thing you can do...

Sensei
2010-08-11, 12:23 AM
You think really hard at the adventurer to "stop". Unfortunately you do not have TELEPATHY and he does not hear you. You sort of rustle at him. "A-ha!" says the adventurer- "Found you, swarthy kobold!" the adventurer charges at you and swings his sword- but, as you do in fact NOT conceal a kobold, he flies forward. The adventurer impales himself on his own sword. You gain 200XP! Level up! You may choose 1 new ability* (or improve one). Your SIZE increased! A kobold skulks out of a different, far less intellectually inclined set of bushes. He begins to loot the adventurer.

*Seriously, think of anything! But you might find, for example, that "Poison spores" requires both Poison and Spores separately, or that "Running" requires two levels in Movement.

Size: 2
Health: 4/4
EXP: 200/300
Powers: Thought (1)
Items: None
Allies: None

Savannah
2010-08-11, 12:29 AM
New ability: movement.

Watch the kobold, and when it gets done, follow it. If it looks at you, act like a normal bush.

(I can't decide if movement or telepathy is more useful. But since convincing a kobold that it's being stalked by a bush is funnier than talking to a kobold...)