PDA

View Full Version : 4e Psionic Power

Gralamin
2010-08-10, 10:11 PM
In the Vein of the Dark Sun thread, I am putting this up for people to ask questions about Psionic Power. I have the book sitting here in front of me, waiting for your burning questions :smalltongue:

One of the not mentioned features in the book is the Elan Bloodline - which lets anyone become an Elan. Similarly, there is a Foulborn which is kind of a "Half-Daelkyr-lite", or sort of like a character in 3.5 taking some aberrant feats.

Faleldir
2010-08-10, 10:27 PM
Did anyone get a melee basic attack power?

Reverent-One
2010-08-10, 10:30 PM
Since it's generally considered the weakest of the psionics, how did the battlemind make out?

iDM
2010-08-10, 10:34 PM
In your opinion, which class and race are (individually) the most unlike anything in the core rulebooks?
Also, is the book overall a good value? I'm a DM, but I plan on running a world with lots of psionics. Would you say the book was worth buying for me?

Gralamin
2010-08-10, 10:48 PM
Since it's generally considered the weakest of the psionics, how did the battlemind make out?

The new Battlemind build focuses on movement, and teleporting adjacent to marked enemies. I haven't taken a good look at it, but it does seem a bit better, due to its focus on attacking outside what would normally be in your reach. The paragon paths looked decent.

Did anyone get a melee basic attack power?
I did not see any, but its possible I missed one.

In your opinion, which class and race are (individually) the most unlike anything in the core rulebooks?
Also, is the book overall a good value? I'm a DM, but I plan on running a world with lots of psionics. Would you say the book was worth buying for me?
I'm not sure how to answer the first part. I found foulborn and monk to be quite different then any other classes / races though.

I'd say its full of good value for you, but be sure to have PHB3 - you'll need the classes before you can benefit from Psionic Power.

Kurald Galain
2010-08-11, 03:24 AM
One of the not mentioned features in the book is the Elan Bloodline - which lets anyone become an Elan.

And, funnily enough, you can retrain this feat. :smallbiggrin:

cupkeyk
2010-08-16, 09:38 PM
Its only on page five so I hope it doesn't count as necromancy:

Are there any feats or features that help BM stickiness, to the level of a fighter's pinning challenge or a son of mercy's class features?