PDA

View Full Version : Most evil BBEG

Closak
2010-08-11, 12:45 PM
Simple, Who/What is the most evil antagonist you have ever faced?
Or that a friend of yours faced, in the case that you did not partake in the campaign personally?

Let's see here, i'm just going to list some of the more mayor things about him.

-When you hurt him he doesn't bleed blood like normal people, he bleeds some sort of black smoke.

-Creatures with an Evil alignment that are near him become stronger, while characters with a Good alignement suffer level drain just from being close to him.

-Killed all but one of the party members, then bound their souls, then when the survivor wakes up (A female cleric) he let's her know that all of her friends are dead and soulbound, and then proceeds to torture and rape her while waving the gems with their souls in her face.
He intended to let her go so that she would be forced to live with it because after he was done living with it would be even more painful than just dying, besides, he was out of gems anyway, and she's not exactly a threat at that point.

-When the NPC mentor manages to steal the soul gems and send them away to a safe place the BBEG catches him...alas poor mentor, the villain was pissed and not playing around any more, so he just outright destroyed the mentors soul so that there's nothing left of him.
He made sure to rub this in the PC's faces when he met them the next time.

-He has a Balor as a pet. The Balor is afraid of him.

-The incident where he grabs the cleric by her holy symbol and lifts her off the ground, there's a lot of sizzling, and when he releases her there's a minor burn mark on his hand that quickly heals over. The holy symbol has turned into a pile of black sludge that causes all manner of nasty diseases to anyone who touches it.

-Managed to turn the local goody two-shoes paladin into a Evil lunatic (In other words, he pulled a Joker)

-He fights dirty, things like playing dead and then stabbing the heroes in the face when they come to loot the body, he actually killed one character in this manner.

The list keeps going for a while.

iDM
2010-08-11, 01:00 PM
We once fought a lich who ate demons to make himself stronger. And then he would use this wierd spell to suck out your soul and bind you to a demon, which he then ate. His pet dragon was a Colossal red, and even it couldn't get within 10 feet of the BBEG because he was so evil that only fiends could approach him. We were TPKed and our souls were sucked out, so we rolled new characters and found a different bad guy. The DM had the lich hunt down our new characters, and killed them with the reincarnated souls of our old characters twisted and warped by Evil. Then he raised us from the dead and dominated us so he could make us kill our families and then fight each other to the death.

Best Halloween game session EVER.

AtwasAwamps
2010-08-11, 01:48 PM
I made a villain that was utterly laughable for a one-shot. My players foiled everything he did and cut through his lackeys and allies in short order. When they confronted him, they ridiculed him while he raged in effectually at them, hugging his last friend, a beloved toy from his childhood, a stuffed bear named Irenicus…the only thing he ever confided his true feelings to.

Party Warlock: “I use baleful utterance on the bear.”
DM: “The bear explodes in a puff of stuffing and fabric. D’Monteau looks at you with horror and grief in his eyes…but just for a moment. Those emotions drain from his face to be replaced only by cold, bitter, incalculable rage.”

D’Monteau: “Everything you’ve done to me is irrelevant. All the pain you’ve caused me…the suffering…I could see past that. I could let that go. But…you…just…killed…my…only…friend. Your arse is MINE!”

D’Monteau was an adult red dragon whose mind had been damaged due to a magical spell gone wrong. The party was level five. The warlock died in one round. The rest of the party frantically tried to evade the infuriated (and rather heavily templated dragon). He managed to drop the fighter and then the assassin when the bard and cleric had an idea. A few casts of “Mending” and a few rounds of pitiful begging later, and D’Monteau and his bear flew away.

To this day, that villain remains the most impactful one I’ve created. Not because he was incredibly evil, not because he was stupendously powerful (though I admit, he certainly was in comparison to them), but because the entire group could not wipe the dirty feeling they had after destroying the bear. The warlock actually felt guilty for days. It didn’t help that D’Monteau sobbed throughout the entire battle, screaming at them for what they had done as he tore the fighter in half and begging for Irenicus to be alright.

Okay, so to be fair, I was probably the evil one here. But I did make my players feel bad inside, and isn’t that what matters?

iDM
2010-08-11, 01:55 PM
I made a villain that was utterly laughable for a one-shot. My players foiled everything he did and cut through his lackeys and allies in short order. When they confronted him, they ridiculed him while he raged in effectually at them, hugging his last friend, a beloved toy from his childhood, a stuffed bear named Irenicus…the only thing he ever confided his true feelings to.

DM: “The bear explodes in a puff of stuffing and fabric. D’Monteau looks at you with horror and grief in his eyes…but just for a moment. Those emotions drain from his face to be replaced only by cold, bitter, incalculable rage.”

D’Monteau: “Everything you’ve done to me is irrelevant. All the pain you’ve caused me…the suffering…I could see past that. I could let that go. But…you…just…killed…my…only…friend. Your arse is MINE!”

D’Monteau was an adult red dragon whose mind had been damaged due to a magical spell gone wrong. The party was level five. The warlock died in one round. The rest of the party frantically tried to evade the infuriated (and rather heavily templated dragon). He managed to drop the fighter and then the assassin when the bard and cleric had an idea. A few casts of “Mending” and a few rounds of pitiful begging later, and D’Monteau and his bear flew away.

To this day, that villain remains the most impactful one I’ve created. Not because he was incredibly evil, not because he was stupendously powerful (though I admit, he certainly was in comparison to them), but because the entire group could not wipe the dirty feeling they had after destroying the bear. The warlock actually felt guilty for days. It didn’t help that D’Monteau sobbed throughout the entire battle, screaming at them for what they had done as he tore the fighter in half and begging for Irenicus to be alright.

Okay, so to be fair, I was probably the evil one here. But I did make my players feel bad inside, and isn’t that what matters?

Do you mind if I steal that idea?

Forever Curious
2010-08-11, 01:57 PM

...best story ever!

Hurlbut
2010-08-11, 02:00 PM
Made me laugh so hard as to bring a tear to my eyes. That was a hell of a story.

Umael
2010-08-11, 02:02 PM
*snip*

That was AWESOME!!!

Elfin
2010-08-11, 02:06 PM
Wow.
Yea, that was amazing.

AtwasAwamps
2010-08-11, 02:19 PM
Steal away, and I'm glad you folks liked it. It was a simple last minute attempt to come up with something that would throw my players for a loop when I realized I had to run a one shot and I hadn't actually planned anything. Never has a more epic tale been written in a Pret a Manger.

EDIT: Also, this added Teddy Bears to the list of inanimate objects that cause inordinate terror in my players. Currently, that is:

Bookshelves
Really nice tables
Teddy Bears
Milking Pails
Anything nicknamed "Sheila"

Zanatos777
2010-08-11, 02:22 PM
From my friend's Aberrant game:
This guy was Mr. Sinister (even named that cause it fit) from X-men. He had creepy powers including the ability to eat people and gain new powers but what made him really nasty was his manipulations. He survived the first game because he never came to our character's attention. In the second we discovered he had caused most of our characters traumatic eruptions (basically exaltation). To all the other players it seemed that he only had to do with the characters who were important to his plans but the GM threw in one reference which proved my character form the first game (in the second we played different characters) had been an experiment of his, he had paid a couple guys at a party to drag a woman out of a party and rape her (the result was her erupting) simply because he was curious to see what would happen if she erupted (that backstory had never been explained to the other characters or players, they only knew she didn't want to talk about her eruption, they put two and two together though). He also inserted a mole into the party which 'killed' two very well liked characters and nearly killed all the nova children in the world. He got his in the last session. Oh yeah he also had a character we liked skinned (first game, we didn't know it was him) and left alive for us to find. We saved her from dying but still.

Funny thing was he was not intended to be the main bad guy instead a Samus-type character was but we avoided the heck out of her and she only had one or two fights the whole game and always against NPCs. In the end she tried to follow us through a portal and got stuck in between.

Also the dragon/teddy bear story is totally awesome.

Adamaro
2010-08-11, 03:41 PM
If we talk about evil ...

I created Demigod of Rape (Used Bane avatar as an template) for my campaign. It was mostly about children, mind-control and most gruesome un-naturalness out there. A bit like Slaanesh on psychopathic steroids.
A demigod that will mind control an entire village and make parents lay hands on their children in a very non-platonic way, then maybe have them devour each other or parts of each other, have limbs cut off and re-stiched and reward most depraved and deranged ones ... Now that's a BBEG every adventurer out there wants to hunt down. (Unless he wants to worship it. Or make a deal with it. Or just become one.)

Best thing: It can not die.

Zeta Kai
2010-08-11, 04:07 PM
Well, evil is a relative thing, but I did unleash Karguk the Blight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4498744&postcount=17) on my players. They never forgave me. :smallamused:

Clovis
2010-08-12, 03:59 AM
Let's see... In tonight's gaming session we're getting close to meet the BBEG of a ten-IRL-year campaign. An epic Abyssal fiend who nearly destroyed the civilisation of our country (3.5 Mystara campaign) a thousand years ago. Was defeated and banished by three epic heroes who attained divinity. Now he's resurfaced and raining death and destruction once again. We're about to descend to a demiplane of this fiend, who uses it as a springboard to gain access to the prime. We have gathered hints that we should find artifacts of these racial gods there and we could close the demiplane with these. We're currently at level 10 so no beating this fiend, just stop access.

Shademan
2010-08-12, 04:29 AM
Iblis. the ruler of hell.
yeah, we never ACTUALLY fought HIM, but his minions. and by minions I mean ARMIES of devils.
well we didnt fight the ENTIRE army but you get my meaning.

heres the BBEG I'm gonna use in a campaign, most evil I've ever made (me dm, game: E6) Bhu statted him...it...er..him i think... out for me
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8943467&postcount=1345
he really cleaned up the fluff nicely, here's a more... fluffy draft. if you care
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9106787&postcount=1385

Vantharion
2010-08-12, 08:48 AM

That was BEAUTIFUL.

Zetakai, your idea was great as well.

I have a villain who's victim of the 'You often run into your destiny on the paths you take to avoid it'. A prophecy stated that a little girl would grow up and turn into a monster that destroyed a big city. Her father was scared by this, and when he saw instances of evil about the girl, he threw her into the biggest prison on the planet (Only prison on the continent). About 20~ later she comes back with a vengeance and almost succeeds in one night. Players and the father (A cleric) manage to stop her plan but the woman's associates take out two other major capitals and threaten several others.

The thing I like particularly about this villain of mine is that she wins by misinformation; she tells the players so much that they don't know what to believe