PDA

View Full Version : TGGWAT Round 3: Krunk Vs Cragmar Thundershot

nefele
2010-08-11, 02:01 PM
Krunk Vs Cragmar Thundershot

You are in your quarters, resting, when the Architect's disembodied voice, soft and androgynous, rings inside your heads.

Krunk, Cragmar. You have been chosen to fight. Prepare yourselves.

Six seconds later, you are teleported to the Arena (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0As43YDXYJ8pFdFZaQmNuNVQ2eThZVms2VjNwYXh1Z Hc&hl=en&authkey=CMvCv7UI).

The cavern is eerie to say the least. A greenish, dim light exudes from odd fungi all around and helps you make out the shapes of stalagmites - but not much else. They say that, where two ley lines meet, an Anti-Magic Field is created.

The Procedure:

Part I (how to begin) :
Agree to play with an opponent OR ask the DM to match you up randomly.
Roll and find out in which Arena you'll play. Study the map.
You have a turn to prepare (one swift and one full-round action OR one swift, one move and one standard action). You don't know yet what your opponent looks like.
You are teleported to a random square of the Arena. (DM rolls secretly.) If you have a mount and you didn't mount it during the prep round, it's on an adjacent square. (If you did mount it, it's obviously between your legs.) If you have an animal companion, it's on an adjacent square. If you have a familiar, or any other sidekick, it's nowhere to be found.
Roll initiative. If both contestants are aware of each other, begin round 1. If a contestant is not aware of his or her opponent, a surprise round applies as normal.

Special : Martial Adepts must choose a default stance and maneuver selection. The stance is considered active and the maneuvers are considered readied even before the preparation round. They can change their selection in between fights (informing the DM), but they must do so BEFORE learning where and with whom they'll fight next. From that moment on, they need to spend actions (swift for a new stance, full-round for Adaptive Style) to change anything.

Part II (DM-supervised duels) :
The DM informs you whether there is Line of Sight.
The first time your opponent becomes aware of you, you must describe your appearance in reasonable detail, as it would seem to an observer with eyes and nothing else (no true seeing, no blindsight etc). If your opponent has any such abilities, it's the DM's job to provide the correct description in secret.
All your rolls will be made inside spoiler tags. Keep private the results that would not be perceived by your opponent (Hide/Move Silently, Spot/Listen, Sense Motive, Knowledge, Martial lore, saves etc). Make public the results that would (attack/damage, grapple/disarm/trip etc). For damage in particular, provide a break-down: how much is Power attack, how much is precision damage, how much is energy damage, whether it's slashing/piercing/bludgeoning, whether it's steel/cold iron/adamantine, etc.
Every time you post an action (assuming you are visible at the time), you must describe it in reasonable detail. If you charge or tumble, you must say so explicitly. Provide coordinates for your exact movement. If you don't know whether you are visible or not, put everything inside spoiler tags, and it's the DM's job to tell your opponent what he sees.
If you need your opponent to roll a save or opposing check, ask him to do so but don't give him the DC. It's the DM's job to tell him what happens if he fails.
Make the DM's job easier: Every time you roll, provide a break-down for all modifiers, including type. E.g., "I attack with -5 from Power Attack, +2 insight from Knowledge Devotion, +7 sacred from Law Devotion, +3 competence from Cunning Insight." Also, always include spoiler tags with your stat block, maneuvers left, and anything else you find appropriate.

Part III (honor system) :
If the DM's absent, you know what to do. Takes out the mystery, but admittedly it's faster...

Krunk:
Position: B-13. You stand on normal terrain, shadowy illumination (20% miss chance) - the entire Arena is like that.
LoS: You cannot see your opponent yet.

Cragmar Thundershot:
Position: AC-13. You stand on normal terrain, shadowy illumination (20% miss chance) - the entire Arena is like that.
LoS: You cannot see your opponent yet.

Roll initiative.

OOC: Since you got this map, I'd like to remind you a relevant TGGWAT houserule: Precision damage CAN be used Vs targets with concealment, provided it's 20% or less.

Chambers
2010-08-11, 02:13 PM
Initiative

[roll0]

Thalnawr
2010-08-11, 02:19 PM
Initiative
Initiative: [roll0]+13 = 26

For the DM
It seems that we have Gokapa and Ashix present on this map currently. I don't know if it'll allow you to create a separate copy of the original spreadsheet so we can have our combat without seeing theirs take place as well? Edit: Nevermind, it just seems you linked us the map they're using currently. Second Edit: Or, I'm just a dumbass, and clicked the wrong link by mistake...

nefele
2010-08-11, 02:25 PM
ROUND 1

Cragmar goes first.
Aren't you boys gonna do anything during your prep round?

Thalnawr:
Oh, sorry, wrong page address. :smallredface: The correct link is here (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0As43YDXYJ8pFdFZaQmNuNVQ2eThZVms2VjNwYXh1Z Hc&hl=en&authkey=CMvCv7UI).

Thalnawr
2010-08-11, 02:41 PM
Prep Round
If the prep round is done before appearing in the arena, then I do nothing. Otherwise, if it's once appearing in the arena, I will attempt to hide.
Hide Check: [roll0]

nefele
2010-08-11, 02:44 PM
Thalnawr:
RTFM. :smalltongue:
First post, first spoiler, "The procedure". Prep round is before teleportation, one round worth of actions. :)

Thalnawr
2010-08-11, 02:58 PM
Round 1: Cragmar's Actions
Standard Action: Hide Check [roll0]
Move Action: Move Silently Check [roll1] & move to Z8 (Subtract 8 from both Hide & Move Silent during my stay in the AMF) (also readying my bow and nocking an arrow before I move boldly into the AMF)
Reactionary Spot Check: [roll2]
Edit: Adding actual movement path. From AC13>AB12>AA11>Z10>Z9>Z8
Cragmar's Turn Ends

nefele
2010-08-11, 03:09 PM
Chambers:
Please roll Spot/Listen checks (reaction, no action needed).

Chambers
2010-08-11, 04:20 PM
DM

Prep round actions: Draw Greataxe.

Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

nefele
2010-08-11, 04:25 PM
Chambers:
You still haven't seen or heard your opponent. Your turn.

Chambers
2010-08-11, 04:35 PM
DM

Casting his gaze over the arena, the warforged sees no sign of his opponent. Those pillars will make a good defensive position. Gripping his greataxe tight Krunk runs straight ahead, his heavy steps thundering in the cavern. He skids to a stop and places his hand out against the wall to catch himself.

Full-Round Action: Run to square L13

edit:

I updated my AMF relevant information in the Additional Information box on my character sheet. All of my class features function in the AMF.

nefele
2010-08-11, 04:49 PM
Cragmar:
You can hear clanking from the West side of the room. The sound is moving East. Your turn.

ROUND 1 ends.

Thalnawr
2010-08-11, 05:05 PM
Round 2: Cragmar's Actions
Move Action: Move Silently [roll0] (-8 for AMF suppression of items for most of travel path, -5 for moving more than half speed on Move Silent)
Movement Path: From Z8>Y7>X6>W5>V4>V3>V2>V1
Hide Check on arrival to stay hidden (at least I think I'm hidden!) Hide [roll1] (no modifiers, because I'm back where magic is on, yay!)
Now I'll need to determine if I have LoS to anything before I take my standard.

Thalnawr
2010-08-11, 05:08 PM
For DM
Ooops, forgot to put a Spot/Listen check here on arrival...
Spot: [roll0] (forgot the +2 bonus to Spot on the Scout's Headband on the sheet, will adjust to reflect, luckily the first check was in the AMF where it didn't work anyhow)
Listen: [roll1]

nefele
2010-08-11, 05:24 PM
Thalnawr:
You don't see anyone. You hear a faint echo of the previous clanking, but nothing new.

Thalnawr
2010-08-11, 05:28 PM
Swift Action (or perhaps Standard since I'm away from my MIC): Use 1 charge of Scout's Headband to gain Darkvision 60 feet (not sure on duration, will edit this in to all relevant posts once I get back to books)

Cragmar's Turn Ends

nefele
2010-08-11, 05:39 PM
Thalnawr :
Scout's Headband :
Standard Action to activate
1 hour duration for Darkvision

Chambers
2010-08-11, 05:56 PM
DM

If Krunk breathed, he would be holding his breath. Instead he merely stands motionless. With no enemy in sight he follows the wall and hustles across the open ground to the next wall.

Double Move action to Q16.

nefele
2010-08-11, 06:02 PM
Chambers:
You can't just say "you don't breathe", you gotta roll a Move Silently check. Otherwise, you can be heard clanking as you move, metal man. :smalltongue:

Thalnawr:
Roll spot/listen checks, as a reaction.

nefele
2010-08-11, 06:05 PM
Actually, both of you, until you bump into each other, roll spot/listen checks each round, no action needed. (You can still spend a move action to spot or listen actively.)

Thalnawr
2010-08-11, 06:08 PM
For DM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Please remember, I have 30 foot Blindsense as well, from Scout14 (I knew there was a reason I took so many levels of the class!)

nefele
2010-08-11, 06:18 PM
Thalnawr:
Blindsense doesn't tell you anything. However, you hear clanking again from the South, and between the stalagmites you notice a Warforged running, for a fraction of a second. He wields a great big axe. Last known position: O15, moving East.

ROUND 2 ends.

Thalnawr
2010-08-11, 06:33 PM
Round 3: Cragmar's Actions
Move Action: Move Silently [roll0] (-5 for more than half my full movement, already deducted from bonus)
Movement Path: From V1>Q1 THEN Climbing to the top of P1 Climb Check [roll1] (I believe I autopass, but I'll roll anyhow)
Active Spot check on arrival [roll2]
Hide Check on arrival [roll3]
Standard Action pending word from the DM.

nefele
2010-08-11, 06:45 PM
Thalnawr:
Perched upon the stalagmite wall, you get a nice view of the cavern, but the Warforged is nowhere to be seen.

We're still on Cragmar's turn.

Thalnawr
2010-08-11, 07:13 PM
For DM
Do I require a balance check to stay perched here each round?
If so, Balance: [roll0]
Reactionary Spot: [roll1] (if the warforged moves to a place where LoS is possible)

Cragmar's Turn Ends

nefele
2010-08-11, 07:59 PM
Thalnawr:

Do I require a balance check to stay perched here each round?
No, but now that you mention it, it is difficult terrain (as if you care). It costs 2 squares of movement, Balance DC +5, Tumble DC +5, Balance DC 15 to run or charge.

Chambers
2010-08-11, 08:45 PM
DM

Hugging the stalagmite wall, Krunk edges closer to the other side of the cavern. He pauses at the corner to lean out and look around.

Move Action to Q20. Look at the other starting area (not actually rolling a Spot check.)
If he doesn't see anyone, then continue to S18.
If he does see someone, go back to Q18.

Reaction Rolls
Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

OOC: I wasn't implying he was trying to move silently with the no breathing thing. Just fluff. :smallwink:

nefele
2010-08-11, 09:45 PM
Chambers:
You perceive no one. Fluff was nice, sorry for spoiling it. :)

Thalnawr:
Again the clanking, but no visual. The sound moves to the south and then north again, a bit muffled this time.
(Note: these are rough estimates. Your Listen roll isn't high enough to pinpoint him.)

ROUND 3 ends.

Thalnawr
2010-08-11, 11:18 PM
Round 4: Cragmar's Actions
Move action: Move Silently [roll0]
Tumble to negate fall damage: [roll1]
Movement Path: From P1>Q2>R3>S3>T3>U3
Hide on arrival: [roll2]
Active Spot: [roll3]
Active Listen: [roll4]
Will continue with more movement or a standard once I know whether I have LoS or not.

nefele
2010-08-12, 03:25 AM
This might take a while...

Thalnawr:
You see no one.

Thalnawr
2010-08-12, 07:58 AM
For DM
This should speed things up! (maybe, I don't even know if his perception skills are high enough to see/hear this.)
Standard Action: Fire an arrow at a random square in this 5x5 grid, S10 being the top corner, W14 being the bottom corner.
Determining square targetted (rolling 1d5 twice, will edit in results of target location)
Alpha position: [roll0]
Numeric position: [roll1]
Looks like our target square is T11.
Attack roll: [roll2]
Hide Check for Sniping to remain hidden: [roll3] (-20 for Sniping, +4 due to Able Sniper)
Reactionary Listen: [roll4]
Reactionary Spot: [roll5]
Unless he's actually in the random square I targeted and is a very camouflaged killer robot and we need more rolls from me, I'll End Turn, please post my turn ending if this is so.

nefele
2010-08-13, 03:10 PM
Round 4 : Cragmar's turn ends. Krunk's turn.

Thalnawr:
You may be silent as an owl, but a metal arrow-tip hitting the stone ground will be audible all over the cavern. You will get someone's attention.:)

Chambers:
You hear a clang, somewhere north, north-east of you. It sounds like metal hitting stone, and it seems to come somewhere beyond the stalagmite near you.

I'd tell you to roll a listen check to pinpoint the sound, but you'd never make the DC. :)

nefele
2010-08-13, 03:42 PM
Double-posting to remind you another relevant houserule of TGGWAT, made with exactly such situations in mind:

"If you hide (one way or another) without attacking for 10 consecutive rounds, you concede the match."

Chambers
2010-08-13, 11:03 PM
DM

Krunks head snaps up at the sound of the impact. What kind of trick is this? Hugging the rough wall he creeps forward, head slowly turning as he scans the cavern.

Move to S15
Move action Spot check
Spot [roll0]

Reactionary Listen & Spot
Listen [roll1]
Spot [roll2]

Edit:

Also, don't think I've done anything that could be considered hiding. Always on the move, just looking for the opponent. :smallsmile:

nefele
2010-08-14, 08:52 AM
Krunk:
You see an arrow on the ground, at T-11. You don't hear anything.

Cragmar:
You see the Warforged emerge from behind a stalagmite, axe in hand, looking around and moving north. Last known position: T-15. From there he moved West.

ROUND 4 ends.

Thalnawr
2010-08-14, 11:12 AM
Round 5: Cragmar's Actions
Movement: Move Silently [roll0] (-8 for magic suppression, -5 for more than half movement)
Movement Path: From U3>V4>W5>X6>Y7>Z8>Z9
Hide on arrival: [roll1]
Active Spot: [roll2]
Active Listen: [roll3]
Standard: Shooting! (whether I see a warforged from this position or not, I'm shooting now) Attack Roll [roll4] (Add 1 if the warforged is within 30 feet)
This shot will either target a warforged if LoS is determined, OR at the stalagmite wall in R15 if LoS is not determined. If this shot is determined by the DM to be at a warforged, I will post the visible attack result and damage breakdown in a follow-up post.
Damage in case it's needed: Bow Damage [roll5] (Piercing Damage, +1 if the warforged is within 30 feet)
Skirmish Damage [roll6] (Precision Damage, hey maybe he doesn't have Improved Fortification)
IF he doesn't have Immunity to Criticals/Precision: [roll7] (higher than 25 will pierce his standard warforged critical/precision resistance.
Since this is a shot into the AMF, I'm guessing that only the Str bonus will apply.
Hide Check for Sniping to remain hidden:[roll8] (-20 for Sniping, +4 due to Able Sniper)
Reactive Spot: [roll9]
Reactive Listen: [roll10]

If the warforged can charge me... my current AC due to movement is a whopping 34.

Cragmar's Turn Ends

nefele
2010-08-14, 11:43 AM
Cragmar's Turn does not end.

Cragmar:
I must apologize, when I wrote the above I was thinking of your previous position. You can see Krunk at S-15, and he has no cover in relation to you at the start of your turn. Would you like to revise your actions?

Krunk:
I forgot to address your previous question:

Also, don't think I've done anything that could be considered hiding. Always on the move, just looking for the opponent.
Yes, we're cool. :smallsmile:

Thalnawr
2010-08-14, 12:27 PM
For DM
Indeed I shall. Thanks for the notice. Moving right along then.

Movement: From U3>T2>S2>using Shot on the Run to Manyshot 3 arrows here>R2>I2 (yay for running battle, and let's see who can move faster!)

Standard: Manyshot with 3 arrows [roll0] (-6 for 3 Arrows)
Arrow 1 Damage: [roll1] (Piercing damage)

Arrow 2 Damage: [roll4] (Piercing damage)

Arrow 3 Damage: [roll5] (Piercing damage)

Reactive Spot: [roll6]
Reactive Listen: [roll7]

More info to follow, pending above results.

Thalnawr
2010-08-14, 12:38 PM
Attack Roll Result: 18, which is most definately a natural miss :smallfrown:

Three arrows, the size of short spears strike the ground around the warforged. They seem to have come from somewhere to the north. As you look in that direction, you see a cloaked goliath wearing a mithral chain shirt and carrying a bow move off to the west.

For DM
I don't know what kind of reactive spot/listen checks the guy got for his last round, so I'll edit in a description of myself here if you tell me to. I'm planning on playing cat and mouse with the guy for a while though, since I'm fairly sure I can't take him in melee until I've softened him up a bit.
Cragmar's Turn Ends (for really reals this time)

nefele
2010-08-14, 12:42 PM
Cragmar:
Well, you didn't hide this time, and you have LoS, so he doesn't even have to roll to see you...

If you meant to keep your previous rolls for stealth, it's complicated. Before it was move and snipe, now it's snipe and move. Before it was through the AMF, now it's not. Can you please roll again?

nefele
2010-08-14, 12:46 PM
Cragmar:
Also, how are you applying Skirmish damage from 65 ft away? :smallconfused:

Thalnawr
2010-08-14, 12:49 PM
For DM
Oh... I just moved my full 60 feet of movement. So no hiding, sniping, sneaking about this time around. I did however move to a position I'm fairly certain is out of LoS from S15 though. I will edit in a darkness-impaired visual of myself, however, since I suppose he'd have seen a humanoid shadow moving to the west in the darkness.

Edit: About the skirmish damage, you're absolutely right, I pulled it from the spoiler. I guess I'm just too used to the house rules at my home table :smallredface:

nefele
2010-08-14, 01:03 PM
Cragmar:

I will edit in a darkness-impaired visual of myself, however, since I suppose he'd have seen a humanoid shadow moving to the west in the darkness.
Eh, he can tell your race and see large equipment (bow, armor). He can't see your amulet or make out colors (:smalltongue:), but you're pretty much visible. Even though dimly.

Chambers
2010-08-14, 10:40 PM
Krunk's head snaps around as the oversized arrows clatter to the ground. Tracking the goliath as he hustles out of his sight, the warforged readies his greataxe and runs forward, heavy feat pounding the cavern floor. He skids to a stop and turns to face the goliath. "Wood cannot pierce metal." He says, his voice booming and echoing against the walls. "Come and fight."

Current Position: S4

DM

Run to S4, still in AMF.

nefele
2010-08-15, 01:09 AM
Krunk:
Cragmar is at I-2, bow in hand.
You still have movement left (45 ft), will you go on? Please let us know - outside spoilers- when your turn ends.

And we can finally make your positions visible on the map.

Thalnawr
2010-08-15, 02:12 AM
Cragmar readies and fires another three arrows at once. "Cragmar not think so, metal man. Come catch Cragmar." Then, the goliath moves off to the southwest.

For DM
Standard Action: Manyshot with 3 arrows [roll0] (-6 for 3 arrows)
Arrow 1 Damage: [roll1] (Piercing damage)
Arrow 2 Damage: [roll2] (Piercing damage)
Arrow 3 Damage: [roll3] (Piercing damage)

Movement: From I2>H3>G4>F5>E6>D7>C8>C10

Thalnawr
2010-08-15, 02:17 AM
Attack Roll Result: 22
Arrow 1: 15 (Piercing)
Arrow 2: 21 (Piercing)
Arrow 3: 14 (Piercing)

Cragmar's Turn Ends.

Edit: Retconned due to my inability to read the whole feat...

nefele
2010-08-15, 02:37 AM
Aw, Thalnawr, wait. I don't know if Chambers has finished his turn yet, I was waiting for clarification. Tell you what. Put everything you've written in spoilers and we'll sort it out later.

And Chambers, please, from now on, when you finish your turn, say so (outside the spoilers), so that the other player knows when to post, OK? Thanks. :)

Chambers
2010-08-15, 09:23 AM
(Krunk's Turn Over)
Also

Not sure how far Cragmar is moving after the manyshot (1 attack, 3 damage rolls), but manyshot requires the target to be within 30ft.

nefele
2010-08-15, 11:05 AM
ROUND 6 ends.

Cragmar:
I've just been reminded that Manyshot can only be used within 30 ft range.

Krunk:

Not sure how far Cragmar is moving after the manyshot (1 attack, 3 damage rolls), but manyshot requires the target to be within 30ft.
Good point about the 30 ft range. But taking a standard action and then moving is quite legal. (Also, it may or may not come up, but I remind you a relevant TWWGAT houserule: "Spring Attack and Shot on the Run can be used not only with attacks, but also with standard actions.")

ROUND 7, Cragmar's turn

Chambers
2010-08-15, 01:18 PM
Round 6 isn't over - I haven't acted yet. Was waiting to see if Cragmar needed to redo his actions, considering that he wasn't in range to use Manyshot. (Started Round 6 in I2, I'm in S4, 50ft away).

Sorry for the ambiguity, me noting (Krunk's Turn Over) was for Round 5. I haven't taken any actions yet in Round 6.

nefele
2010-08-16, 06:25 AM
OOC: There's been some confusion. :)

Let's recap:
At the beginning of Round 6, Cragmar was at I-2 and Krunk was at S-4. But Cragmar's first action was illegal, since he used Manyshot Vs a target more than 30 ft away.

So a retcon of Cragmar's actions is needed. He is still at I-2, Krunk is still at S-4, and his turn begins now.

I've updated the map, and I hope it's clear now. :smallsmile:

ROUND 6, Cragmar's turn. (for real, this time :smalltongue:)

Thalnawr
2010-08-16, 09:43 AM
OOC: You have no idea how much I hate WotC right now... All these archery tricks, that require you to be within 30 feet of your opponent. And here I am, so used to house rules that make archery make sense, that I keep overlooking the stupid 30 foot requirement on things. :smallfurious: Anyhow, on to the retcon of my turn.

Cragmar moves forward to get range on the warforged and fires another three arrows at once. "Cragmar not think so, metal man. Come catch Cragmar." Then, the goliath turns around and moves back to the northwest.

For DM
Ok, now that I'm straight about all the neat tricks I can't do, I'll re-do that turn.
Movement: From I2>J3>K3>L4>M4
Shot on the Run Attack: Manyshot (for real this time!) [Roll]1d20+17[Roll] (-6 for 3 arrow Manyshot)
Arrow1 Damage: [roll0]
Arrow2 Damage: [roll1]
Arrow3 Damage: [roll2]
Skirmish Damage: [roll3]
Precision Resistance Check: [roll4] (26+ bypasses)
Continuing Movement: From M4>L3>K2>J1>I1

Thalnawr
2010-08-16, 09:50 AM
For DM
And I totally fumbled the attack roll code, go me!
Again... [roll0]

Attack result: 32
Arrow1 damage: 20 (Piercing)
Arrow2 damage: 16 (Piercing)
Arrow3 damage: 17 (Piercing)

Precision Damage: 19 (Precision)
Standard Warforged Precision Resistance Check: 52 (Although I'm betting you don't take any precision damage, no matter what.)

End Results. Cragmar moves to M4, Multishots, then moves to I1.

Cragmar's Turn Ends.

nefele
2010-08-16, 10:27 AM
Thalnawr:
You hit, but I'll wait for Chambers to provide the fluff. :)

Also. That would be an excellent post if you had written somewhere in the spoilers how your 2d8+8 damage came about. It's not needed now, I checked it already, but next time I'd like something like:

2d8+6 (str in AMF) + 1 competence + 1 point blank shot
or
2d8+16 (base) + 1 point blank shot - 5 collision (AMF) - 2 str (AMF) -2 enhancement (AMF)

Thanks in advance.

Thalnawr
2010-08-16, 10:37 AM
For DM
Ok, will do. For instance, with this shot, it was just Strength damage. And now I realize I forgot to add Point Blank Shot's +1 damage (and to hit). I sorta figured that because Krunk was in the AMF, I didn't get any of the other bonuses to damage from competence, magic weapon, collision, or the acid damage. Once he's out of the AMF, I'll be adding in all of that stuff.

Please add 1 more damage to each shot, I forgot Point Blank Shot actually adds damage within 30 feet. Edit: And apparently 1 point of competence damage per arrow as well. (I didn't add this at first because I needed some confirmation on whether this worked or not in an AMF.)

Chambers
2010-08-16, 05:40 PM
The oversized arrows batter the warforged, slamming into him and shattering as they spin him about. Shaking a shard of wood off his arm he throws back his head and lets out a roar that echoes against the cavern walls. The yell seems to be a challenge of some kind, but Krunk does not wait for an answer as he hefts his greataxe and charges towards the goliath.

Greataxe held high in the air, he swings it and at the last moment switches his target to the bow the goliath carries.

DM

Rage + Frenzy + Intimidating Rage
Intimidate Check [roll0]

Charge action (WJ adds +5ft to my speed when I charge, so double my move is 50ft. It also adds +4 atk and +2d6 damage.)
Sunder attempt at end of Charge. I provoke an Attack of Opportunity. My current AC is listed on the sheet under additional information.

Sunder (opposed attack roll) (power attack for 6)
[roll1] (+4 charge, +4 two-handed weapon)
Natural 20 on my first attack roll in the arena! Woo!

Damage (ignores hardness less than 20)
[roll2] Weapon
[roll3] Charge
+22 Strength
+5 Enhancement
+5 Collision
+18 Power Attack
64 = Total Damage
If the attack is successful, then Combat Focus activates. The effects are listed under Other Notes on the character sheet.

All

Krunk does not appear to take any of the Precision damage and he shrugs off a small amount of damage from each arrow.

Cragmar must make a modified level check (1d20 + character level or Hit Dice + target’s Wisdom bonus [if any] + target’s modifiers on saves against fear). If he fails the check he is Shaken for an extended period of time, until Nefele says the Shaken effect does not apply.

Cragmar gets an Attack of Opportunity on Krunk, and needs to make an opposed attack roll with his bow, following the rules for Sunder.

Current Location: J2

Krunk ends Round 6, pending actions required from Cragmar.

Thalnawr
2010-08-16, 05:59 PM
For DM
Oh crap...
Intimidate Resist Check: [roll0]
Opposed Sunder Roll: [roll1] (+4 for Powerful Build, perhaps another +4 if the Defender in a Sunder gets the two-handed weapon bonus)
I'll retroactively subtract 2 as well, if I'm found to be Shaken.
No attack of opportunity because I don't threaten him.

Intimidate Resist Check Result: 28
Opposed Sunder Result: 37 (-2 if I'm Shaken, +4 if the defender gets the two-hander bonus to Sunder checks)

Will Start turn pending results of above.

nefele
2010-08-16, 07:18 PM
Cragmar is undaunted by Krunk's display of ferocity. However, when the Warforge charges, he succeeds with ease to sunder the Goliath's great bow to splinters. What a twist!

Both:
Krunk's opposed Sunder check was 54, and total damage was 64. The Intimidate attempt was a 27. (This would be evident regardless of success or failure.)

Krunk:
Your Combat Focus activates, and you know that Cragmar has 147 hit points.

ROUND 6 ends.

Thalnawr
2010-08-16, 08:02 PM
OOC: Ouch...

IC: "Now you make Cragmar angry! Cragmar smash puny metal man!" With that, the goliath tumbles to K1, drawing an over-sized greatsword from the scabbard on his back. As he gets ready to swing, he launches himself into a screaming, incoherent fury. He launches a mighty swing, at the haft of Krunk's greataxe.

For DM
Move Action: Tumble to K1 [roll0] (I tried looking up the 10 foot step tumble, but I realized I haven't got Quick Draw to pull off a full attack anyhow. Besides a DC40 Tumble isn't exactly a guaranteed thing for me.) Draw Greatsword while moving as free action.
Movement Path: From I1>J1>K1
Free action: Enter Whirling Frenzy
Opposed Sunder Roll versus the haft of his greataxe: [roll1] (+1 from enhancement, +8 from strength, +14 from BaB, +4 from Powerful Build, +4 from using a two-handed weapon)
Damage: [roll2]

Arrows Remaining in Quiver: 43/50
Whirling Frenzy Uses: 2/3
Rage Duration: 7 rounds
Current AC: 34 (+4 from Skirmish for moving 10 feet, +2 from Whirling Frenzy)

For All
Take your attack of opportunity vs. my sunder attempt. As far as the actual sunder goes... well, I'm not that good at it, so if this doesn't work, we'll have to see just how badly you smash me to see if I even get another round.

nefele
2010-08-17, 08:16 AM
ROUND 7, cont

Cragmar's movement does not provoke an AoO, but his sunder attempt does. Even if the AoO hits and deals damage, the sunder attempt happens. (Unless Cragmar drops dead. :smalltongue:) Cragmar's opposed roll is 32 (a visible effect).

Technically, we're still on Cragmar's turn until Krunk takes his AoO. He can then continue with his turn for Round 7.

Thalnawr
2010-08-17, 09:35 AM
For All
I just remembered that I forgot to add the extra +2 to the opposed roll from the rage I just entered. The final result should be 34. I'm fine with it being 32, since it's my mistake (of which I've made a ton this fight). If it does get counted and somehow the opposed check succeeds, then add 3 to the damage as well.

nefele
2010-08-17, 10:00 AM
Both:
Yes, of course it counts, it doesn't affect your actions, neither does it makes them illegal, it's just a modifier to a roll.

Chambers
2010-08-17, 02:52 PM
The Warforged swings his greataxe, trying to bring it out of the way of the descending greatsword.

All

Opposed Attack Roll [roll0] (+4 for two-handed, -6 power attack from last round)

(Krunk's Turn for Round 7)

Krunks armored plates begin to knit themselves slowly back together right before Cragmar's eyes. His eyes are wide and the solid black orbs stare at Cragmar as he brings his greataxe up high and brings it down fast and hard.

DM

Full Attack, power attack for 5 (Am able to change the penalty on Power Attack because it is now my action. I had to use the -6 from last round on the AoO because I couldn't change it on the AoO - not my action.)

Atk 1 [roll1]
Dmg 1 [roll2] +22 Strength, +15 Power Attack, +5 Enhancement, +5 Collision. 52 Total Damage

Atk 2 [roll3]
Dmg 2 [roll4] +22 Strength, +15 Power Attack, +5 Enhancement, +5 Collision. 53 Total Damage

Atk 3 [roll5]
Dmg 3 [roll6] +22 Strength, +15 Power Attack, +5 Enhancement, +5 Collision. 56 Total Damage

If all three hit that's 161 dmg. If he is still alive he needs to make 3 DC 15 Fortitude saves or die from Massive Damage.

Confirm 1 [roll7]
Add Crit Dmg 1 [roll8] +44 Strength, +30 Power Attack, +10 Enhancement, +10 Collision

Confirm 2 [roll9]
Add Crit Dmg 2 [roll10] +44 Strength, +30 Power Attack, +10 Enhancement, +10 Collision

Confirm 3 [roll11]
Add Crit Dmg 3 [roll12] +44 Strength, +30 Power Attack, +10 Enhancement, +10 Collision

Fast Heal 4
Heal 9 damage from the Weapon Crystal.
Please update Cragmar's HP, if he's still alive.

Krunk's Turn over for Round 7

nefele
2010-08-17, 03:17 PM
Attack 37, Damage 37 slashing +15 Power Attack
Attack 41, Damage 38 slashing +15 Power Attack
Attack 37, Damage 41 slashing +15 Power Attack

Thalnawr
2010-08-17, 03:58 PM
For DM
So I take 34+35+38 from the 3 attacks, for a total of 107 damage (yay DR3/Bludgeoning from the Shirt of Bone)
HP: 40/147
Rage Time Remaining: 6 rounds, 2 Uses left for the Day
If he has incoming damage remaining from the attack of opportunity, it's down to the wire on whether or not I'm in the negatives or not. Otherwise, I'll go ahead and take my turn, and post effects of his attacks if that is all.

nefele
2010-08-17, 04:09 PM
Thalnawr
He didn't take an AoO, and he said he ended his turn.

That said, you also take the Power Attack damage, since Elusive Target doen't work now, as we said. So make that 152 damage. You're down.

I'll let you write the fluff and die in dignity. :smalltongue:

Thalnawr
2010-08-17, 04:26 PM
The warforged's blows tear through Cragmar's meager defenses, laying him out cold at his feet. There seemed to be some slight resistance to each blow as it connected, but the overwhelming power of the assault is too much for the defeated archer.

For DM
Oh, and that makes yet another thing I misread in this battle. :smallredface:

For All
Congratulations on a well-fought match, sir. I hope both of you will forgive the large amount of mistakes I ended up making in this, it's been a while since I've played in the PbP format. I'm still trying to decide whether I re-work Cragmar slightly, or let him stay dead and work on getting the other idea I have ready for approval.

nefele
2010-08-17, 04:27 PM
Match Finalized.
Victor: Krunk.