PDA

View Full Version : Fey vs Industrial- Fey Side IC

Nanoblack
2010-08-11, 02:46 PM
Rain.

It's been raining for the last four days and the hills and valleys of your homeland are running slick with all the various ingredients of civilization. Smoke would normally be seen looming over the horizon due to the deforestation efforts of the ambitious industrialists, but thankfully the clouds have soaked it all up and are returning it all to the ground in greasy, lukewarm globs.

Today was a day of suffering, one of many, as yet another tribe surrendered to join the invaders. The thought that they could suddenly overlook the slow elimination of thousands of lives was nauseating. Its common knowledge that it's only a matter of time until there's nowhere left to run and by then it will already be too late.

In one weeks time, a council of elders is going to gather in the deepest reaches of the heartwood in an attempt to gather enough forces to beat back the cancer that is civilization.

Feel free to get started however you like. If enough time passes and it doesn't look like you guys have any idea what you're doing, I'll throw in my own plot. In the meantime you guys can tackle the situation however you like.

Jallorn
2010-08-11, 11:25 PM
Therin was miserable. He hated this land. He acknowledged that it was part of the territory his lord, and therefore by extension, he was bound to defend, but it was sick with the presence of pain, and the world itself was wounded. Therin missed the hallowed lands of the fey, and he bemoaned that he would have no chance to return until the next solstice. Above all, he missed Riah, and he wondered why the walls between the worlds could not simply stay closed, so that they might live out eternity in peace. But in that desire he could see his own mortal folly. Even if he should someday attain a morsel of true fey-power, and be blessed with immortality, his lord would forever see him as nothing more than a well trained dog, his only purpose to serve his lord faithfully. The world hammers unfairly upon all, none are ever satisfied unless they have made up their minds to be so, Therin quotes his teacher out loud, then adds, What a load of crap.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-08-14, 04:16 AM
Some ways away, amidst the edge of a dieing forest, two figures were making their escape to a hopefully gentler realm. Although they had been followed for nearly a week, the recent sludge of a downpour seemed to have aided them in their escape.

Exhausted, the smaller of the two beings paused to catch his breath, bending over to prevent choking on any more of the wastes of the so-called civilized world. "I think we lost them half a day back. My feathered friend hasn't seen anyone beyond us other than the occasional lost lumberjack or two. If you don't mind, I say we try to find some cover before doing a bit of hunting." He said with a blackened smile, looking up from under his cloak.

"After a few days, these trail rations tend to bother my stomach." He said, throwing down another empty sack of dried fruits and overly salted meats.

OOC: Sheet's up-to-date. I'll roll both the binding check for Malphas for the day and the possible survival check for the later hunting, too. I'm not sure if you want the rolling to be done here or in the OOC thread, so I'll ask there after this.
Binding Check, DC 15. Failure means Marcus turns into a lovestruck fool for the day towards anyone who compliments him. Here's hoping he doesn't fail. [roll0]
Survival for fresh food, failure means another night of rations: [roll1]

Ilriyn
2010-08-14, 09:16 AM
Ilriyn sat under a large oak tree, close to the edge of the forest. Her hands were folded across her lap, and she sat so still, that if it was not for the pale color of her skin, she would have been indistinguishable from the oak. A small collection of berries and nuts lay on a leaf near her, but they evidently had not been touched for a while.

Ilriyn did not understand this world, the constant smoke she had seen had given way to this harsh stinging rain that seemed determined to burn its way through her skin. The feywild had storms, but their fury was born of nature, and not of mortals.

Two voices startled her from her reverie, and seemed to be approaching her. Softly standing up, she murmured thanks to the oak for shielding her from the elements. Quietly she stole up to the two, who were evidently looking for cover. She was surprised by their appearance, "A mortal, and a machine?" She whispered quietly to herself, "What are they doing here?"

As she stepped forward to gain a better view, she stepped on a dead branch, which loudly cracked under her light weight.

userpay
2010-08-14, 12:25 PM
The metal man's cloaked shoulders roll in the suggestion of a shrug, obviously not breathing nor seemingly tired like his companion. "I suppose one more advantage of this state, not bothered by such things." He picks a few leaves out of ram horns that curl forth from his head, nasty looking claws that extend from his wrist scraping them softly. "Though I am glad we've finally lost th... Well to soon said I suppose." He remarks, head swiveling towards the sound of the broken branch.

First off binding check for Amon, dc 20 (I know I'm gonna fail lol), Amon’s influence makes, you surly and irritable. In addition, since Amon despises living deities of fire, sun, and law, he forces you to resist even beneficial spells cast by those devoted to such powers. You must make a saving throw to resist such a spell if one is allowed; failure allows you to gain the benefit.
[roll0]
Holy crap I made it.
Also Kruthik claws are bound to my totem and shadow mantle and wormtail belt are shaped as well.

Nanoblack
2010-08-14, 12:53 PM
@JallornThe morning continues more or less uneventful until you get a loud knock at your door. After a moment, Felia answers the door and Kerik comes walking in. "Good morning Therin. I have some news from the lord that may interest you."

@ThriceHunting proves short and fruitful, as a few hundred yards away from where you decided to rest, a deer had fallen into a steep dip in the ground which was quickly filling in with the putrid rain. It looks injured and would make an easy kill. In addition you also find some fallen trees covering several patches of edible mushrooms that are currently untouched by the downpour.

Also you hear the loud crack of a snapped twig and spot a woman peeking at you from around a tree.

@AraniiI'll let you continue RPing with the others.

@userpayToday is one of those very rare days where, after binding Amon, you still feel like yourself.

Jallorn
2010-08-14, 02:20 PM
You'll forgive me if I don't get too excited, though I am curious, Therin shakes off the foolish hope that he's going home.

Nanoblack
2010-08-14, 03:25 PM
@Jallorn"The Lord has designated you to go to the council of elders in his place. In his words: you need to get out of the house and sitting in a room full of babbling old fools is beneath him." He pauses for a moment to give you some time to consider.

Jallorn
2010-08-14, 03:42 PM
Therin turns and slashes the wall. I'm not a diplomat! he cries, Does he really think that I'm better suited than you? Even as he grasped at the possibility of not going, he knew it was futile, his lord never changed his mind, and it was far too dangerous to disobey him.

Nanoblack
2010-08-14, 03:54 PM
@Jallorn"The council is being held in one week. You should gather whatever you need before setting out. While I trust in what I've taught you, I would suggest taking a personal guard with you as there are tribes deep in our lands that would do you harm. I would hate to hear news of your passing..." He has a look of sorrow on his face. You know he would join you if he hadn't been personally charged with the safety of the lord himself.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-08-14, 04:03 PM
Crouching down as if to hide, Marcus whispers back to his organically-challenged friend, "We may be lucky yet: she doesn't seem like those hounds that have been chasing us. I'll send the bird ahead to scan, but I doubt they'd be able to get ahead of us in this weather."

"I say we move ahead. There's not much we can do other than fight if it's an ambush, and if it's not then she may be able to get us farther away from here. We should probably just move slow and try not to attract anymore attention until we can figure out just who or what she is." As he spoke, a dove blackened by the rain could be seen flying slightly overhead, weaving through the remaining foliage to scout for any more guards of the iron world.

Following the poor bird, Marcus slowly began to move toward one of the remaining living trees, hunched over as if plagued by the weight of the constant rain.

The bird's Listen check in case something is up: [roll0]
And its Spot check: [roll1]

Nanoblack
2010-08-14, 05:06 PM
@ThriceNo signs of the enemy

Ilriyn
2010-08-15, 09:03 PM
Berating herself for her carelessness, Ilriyn turned to flee, but stopped when she realized that they weren't chasing her. Rather, they seemed to be fleeing her.

Ilriyn decides to take a chance, and emerges from the undergrowth. Her thin long staff grasped in her left hand, she carefully walks towards the two, shying away from the machine.

She stops a distance from the two, her dark brown hair whipped by the wind. Raising her voice, she says, "Greetings, I am Ilriyn, a resident of these woods. Who are you, and what is your business here?"

userpay
2010-08-15, 10:37 PM
Brance rumbles warily, small wisps of flame flickering in the depression that serves as his mouth, then ***** his head. "Hmm if you're of the forest... well you don't seem to be with the civilized at least. I am Brance... recently awakened."

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-08-16, 03:02 PM
"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Marcus. My friend and I have been evading the denizens of the city for sometime now," Marcus pauses for a moment, looking over his shoulder. "I think we've managed to finally lose them, but if it's not too much to ask, do you happen to know of any shelter where we could rest for a bit. I feel that if it wasn't for Brance's tireless body and strong back, we would have been caught a few times over."

Ilriyn
2010-08-19, 12:47 AM
"You are fleeing the city?" Asked Ilriyn with renewed interest, "Why is that? And why have you brought a talking machine with you?"

userpay
2010-08-19, 10:24 AM
"We run because they don't like the results of one of their... experiments didn't go as planned. That and we broke out of confinement." Brance levels a stare at Ilriyn. "And I am not just a machine. I am of a kind that can truely be considered alive, as a person. And what of you?"

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-08-19, 02:43 PM
"To be fair, Brance did not choose his form, and had it not been for him, I doubt I'd have been able to make it out of their in the confusion," Marcus pauses to look at Brance in an attempt to calm help. "As for myself, I have always been something of a wild soul, so I figured I would finally bother leaving that world behind us for good."

Ilriyn
2010-08-20, 12:09 AM
"I apologize for my rude behavior," Ilriyn offers, "but you must understand, the people of the forest can not afford to let their guard down until long after the smoke of burning woods ceases to rise endlessly into the air. In response to your question, I am the dryad Ilriyn, a guardian of forests, and I serve my fairy king, to dew his orbs upon the green."

Ilriyn raises her head suddenly, the leaves in her hair rustling even without a gust of wind. "But enough has been said, I will show you the way to a hamlet that I know of. There you may explain your presence more fully, and then you might find shelter."

Nanoblack
2010-08-20, 07:01 AM
@Aranii, Thrice, and userpayThe jaunt to the hamlet takes maybe 45 minutes and the little village looks peaceful despite the lords manor looming in the distance. The tree cover here is enough to stifle the rain, though you get the occasional oversized drop splashing the ground near you.

Jallorn
2010-08-20, 04:39 PM
OOC
I haven't posted for a while because I'm not entirely sure where to go from here since I don't know how to connect up with the rest of the party. So I'll wait till they've hooked up so that our friendly DM can come up with something.

Nanoblack
2010-08-20, 04:49 PM
@JallornOOC: I was going to give it a day till I nudged you

With most of the towns population inside due to the weather, you find it odd to see a trio of sludge-soaked individuals. Though you don't recognize the female, you're sure you've seen her around the village before. The two strangers she's with, however, you've never seen before; one is heavily armored while the other has bright eyes that you can clearly see the color of from your window.

Jallorn
2010-08-20, 09:06 PM
Therin exits the building, slowly and carefully approaching the figures, Who goes there? he calls.

Ilriyn
2010-08-22, 11:13 PM
"Greetings friend, I am Ilriyn, a messenger from my fey lord Oran." Ilriyn bows slightly towards Therin as she says this. "These two are interlopers into our land, who say they are fleeing the depredations of the industrialists. I found them not an hour's distance from here, and brought them here for lodging and further questioning. I'm sure they can introduce themselves."

userpay
2010-08-22, 11:40 PM
The metal clad figure considers the newcomer. Water occasionally dripping off his curled horns, steaming if they pass the barely seen flickering of flames behind the mouth of the faceplate. "Brance is what I go by. I should hope that we aren't... prisoners. We've already had to escape from unjust imprisonment once." He looks around the hamlet. "This seems like to peaceful of a place to be the scene of a fight..."

Jallorn
2010-08-23, 01:16 AM
If what you say is true, then you're welcome, I suppose, Therin clearly doesn't share the sentiment of his words, I would disagree, however, that this is a bad place for a fight. In fact, I would relish the chance to test my mettle against metal.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-08-23, 01:23 AM
"Please do not pay Brance too much mind. While he has an amazing mind for tactics, it leaves him forever on guard. Although, considering what you have here, being prisoners may not be so bad compared to where we left." Marcus ends with a slight chuckle, revealing a black, toothy grin. "You may call me Marcus. I think in years past, I may have visited this place once before, and it is just as scenic and peaceful as ever!"

Jallorn
2010-08-23, 01:42 AM
I have sufficient authority to ask, why is that you have chosen to come here?

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-08-24, 11:50 AM
"In our escape, Brance and I didn't have much time to consider where we going, just that we were leaving. We happened upon Ilriyn about an hour ago, told her all that we have said here, asked about any possible places of refuge, and then left under her lead." Marcus pauses, obviously debating something in his mind. "If you are worried about a confrontation with the industrialists, I can offer my support in defending this village."

userpay
2010-08-24, 03:25 PM
Brance nods at Marcus's words. "And I to. Anyone who locks up sentient creatures just because things didn't turn out how they wanted... Thats not the kind of people I wish to be with."

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-08-31, 02:35 PM
"If we could rest for a minute, that would be wonderful. I've personally had enough of this 'rain.'" Marcus ends with a small sneeze.

Jallorn
2010-08-31, 04:07 PM
Normally, I like rain, but I'm afraid I am forced to agree with you, I do not like this rain. Suddenly, Therin gets an idea, Why don't you come with me, my teacher will get to the bottom of things.

Ilriyn
2010-09-01, 03:48 PM
"And I.." Ilriyn pauses for a moment, the rain rolling down her pale skin. "Shall I accompany you?"

Jallorn
2010-09-01, 03:50 PM
I was talking to all of you.

Nanoblack
2010-09-01, 06:12 PM
The short jaunt back to his home is rather quiet and peaceful despite the weather. Inside, an older Elven man is waiting, seemingly unsurprised by the newcomers presence. "Walking complete strangers into your home?" He shows everyone a confident grin. "Who, may I ask, are these people?"

Jallorn
2010-09-03, 02:49 PM
Therin looks at the others expectantly, he clearly has no intention of introducing them.

Ilriyn
2010-09-03, 03:34 PM
I am Ilriyn," the Dryad says. "I am an emissary from the great fey Oran, come to represent him in the upcoming meet. These two are strangers I found in the forest, who will introduce themselves and no doubt tell you of how they came to be here."

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-09-03, 04:58 PM
"Um, hello," Marcus begins with a shy wave, weary of how the ancient being might react to Brance. "My friend and I are from one of the nearby settlements which have been encroaching upon these otherwise wonderful lands. We recently left under duress due to a misunderstanding of sorts."

Nanoblack
2010-09-03, 06:08 PM
"Oran? I have heard much about him. You must be honored." He turns toward Marcus. "What sort of misunderstanding might that be?"

userpay
2010-09-03, 08:15 PM
Brance grunts. "They didn't like how their experiment turned out, and tried to keep it and its participant from leaving." He gestures to himself first then to Marcus."

Nanoblack
2010-09-03, 09:42 PM
"I see... well what are your plans for the immediate future?"

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-09-06, 06:10 PM
"As of right now, we're just trying to lose the few scouts that have been sent to capture us. Therin mentioned a possible attack upon your lands due to those same scouts, and I am more than willing to stand by your men to protect the village."

Nanoblack
2010-09-06, 08:13 PM
"That is... troubling to say the least. Perhaps you should alert the lord to this?"

Jallorn
2010-09-06, 08:14 PM
Why don't we jut deal with the scouts ourselves? I'm easily capable of that, Therin grins, almost baring his teeth.

Nanoblack
2010-09-07, 10:33 AM
"That is an option, but if the scouts do not return, that is proof enough for them to send reinforcements to our area. Things become complicated when there is so much to lose..."

Ilriyn
2010-09-22, 09:17 PM
"Do we have time to wait until our great meet?" Ilriyn gravely asked. "I for one would recommend caution until after we have determined a plan of action."

OOC:In other words, knock knock, anybody here?

userpay
2010-09-22, 10:42 PM
Brance glances back and forth, apparently the situation was greater than he and his friend has anticipated. "I think the least we can do is help out with such endevers if nessessary for you sheltering us. Marcus?" He glances at his friend.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-09-23, 06:16 PM
"Getting rid of the scouts probably would lead to more troubles in the future, but I can't see anyway to move a village in what little time we have. Brance and I would be happy to travel to this meeting if it may mean stopping the city's expansion."

OOC
Sorry about the lack of posts. College ate up more of my time than I was expecting over the past few weeks, and the game seemed to have been dieing done around that point.

I'd love to continue, but it does feel like we're kind of waiting for something to happen.