PDA

View Full Version : Fun game events retold in a script format:

Hadrian_Emrys
2010-08-11, 03:43 PM
I had posted this up, years ago, on the private board that the remains of my California group now (infrequently) uses. To this day, the game that the following 'script' draws most of its action (and some of its dialogue) from is still one of my favorite role-playing experiences ever. Upon looking over this story's first draft once more, I felt that I should share the experience with the GitP community in the hopes that the dialogue would amuse.

First, a brief introduction of the agents:

Gorgon:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/IrkenInvader/Gorgon.jpg
Gorgon was the original party's Japanese Wheelman.

Hind:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/IrkenInvader/Hind.jpg
Hind was the party's German Fixer.

L:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/IrkenInvader/AgentL.jpg
L was the party's racially anonymous Pointman.

Phoenix:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/IrkenInvader/Phoenix.jpg
Phoenix was the party's Mexican Soldier.

Syren: (Excuse the typo in the image.)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/IrkenInvader/Siren.jpg
Syren was the party's (Scottish or Irish) Snoop.

Chapter 1: The Agency
L: *in a hospital bed, shirtless, with a med patch on the area above his stomach*
Hind: *sits next to the bed, looking bored, reading a copy of NRA magazine*

Strip 1:
L: *wakes up* Ugh. Where? *unhappy realization* Oh.
Hind: *without looking up* Morning, Bullet-Magnet.
L: *looks at the ceiling* How did the op go?
Hind: *still reading* Clockwork.
L: *closes his eyes with a sigh of relief* Good.
Hind: *looks up at L with wry humor* Not curious about how you got here?
L: *haunted expression* Same old, right?
Hind: *epiphany* Well, yeah.
L: *wince* Then, no. I’m good. Where’s the rest of the team?
Hind: *looking back at the mag* Syren’s still obsessing over that security officer we caught, Phoenix is with him to make sure he behaves, and you should already know where Gorgon is.
L: *semi-curious* Garage?
Hind: *bored* Garage.
L: *eyes roll* You and Phoenix did well.
Hind: *irritated exhalation* As if I could have missed at that range.
L: *looks at Hind with a sly grin* Well…
Hind: *eyes closed* I could end you with your bedpan and nobody would suspect a thing.
L: *nervous smile* Have I told you lately just how much I admire your flawless marksmanship?

Strip 2: Flashback 1 (Note, the boss’s face is never seen.)
Boss: *sits at the head of a large table, facing the door and reading from a file*
L: *sits to the right of his boss looking worried*
Boss: *sets down the file with the rest* You are aware of your reputation, correct?
L: *slightly bows his head* Yes sir…
Boss: *slides one file aside to show another* Your scores are excellent, top of your class.
L: *clenched jaw* Was that a question, sir?
Boss: *interwoven fingers* It would be an understatement to say I was surprised to find a request to form a team on my desk this morning, especially one with your name on it. Taking into account the nature of your academic accomplishments, as well as certain… setbacks you’ve had in the field, I would have marked you as an ideal candidate for a permanent position teaching theory.
L: *deadpan, still looking down* It's true that I’ve have enjoyed my term as an assistant instructor. However, I think I’ve found what I’ve been waiting for in this generation of recruits. Please sir-
Boss: *raises his hand* At ease, L. I’m not turning down your request. I see quite clearly what you’d be attempting to do. I am just compelled to warn you that this is a huge gamble, especially for someone of your… unique performance record.
L: *looking away* -but you see what I might accomplish sir.
Boss: *holding the bridge of his nose (with his eyes closed) with his thumb and index finger* -and that is the sole reason why we’re waiting for your “team” to arrive. Don’t make me regret this, L.
L: *sigh of relief* Thank you, sir!

Strip 3: Flashback 2
*tapping at the door*
Boss: Come in.
Hind: *walks in wearing overalls and a bandanna, oil is smeared on her face*
Gorgon: *follows in much the same condition* -not my fault you didn’t catch it.
Hind: *takes the seat next to L and wipes at the oil with her sleeve* Whatever.
L: *nods in greeting* Hind. Gorgon.
Gorgon: *sits next to the boss, looks across at L* So what’s this about?
L: *looks at the boss* May I?
Boss: *checks his watch* Not yet. Best to get it all done at once when the others arrive.
Gorgon: *looks at Matt confused* Others?
Syren: *walks in an excited rush and plops next to Hind* Us of course! About time too!
Hind: *makes a disgusted look at Syren and leans a little away*
Phoenix: *calmly sits next to Gorgon and looks at L*
L: *nods again in greeting* Syren. Phoenix.
Syren: *flips open his laptop with glee* What’s our first job?
Gorgon: *glares, annoyed, at Syren* What are you talking about, Nerdling?
Boss: *slides files to the side to expose Siren’s* Nothing he has clearance for.
Syren: *flinches*

Strip 4: Flashback 3
Boss: You should thank L, Syren. His application will keep you out of trouble THIS time… well, if you accept anyway. I can only assume you will do so enthusiastically.
Syren: *presses a key* Done! When do I get my gear? My box needs upgrades badly.
Boss: It’s only “done” when I clear it.
Syren: *sheepish look* Sorry. I mean... -sorry, sir.
Gorgon: *looking confused AND annoyed in The Boss’ direction* Not that I care about Syren getting busted or anything, but will somebody tell me what’s going on already?
Boss: Check your tone recruit.
Gorgon: Yes, sir.
Boss: *points at L* You 4 have been hand picked, by Agent L here, to be members of his team. Upon acceptance of this position, you will have graduated and been promoted to acting full agents, just as your potential CO was not too long ago.
Hind: *stops mid-wipe on her face, turns wide eyes on L* This is new.
Gorgon: *looks, in shock, at L. His jaw, dropped*
Phoenix: *nods at L in acceptance* I'm prepped and ready for duty, sir.
L: *wearily looks away from Gorgon, but smiles and returns the nod to Phoenix*
Gorgon: *stands and points accusingly at L* When the hell did YOU spend enough time out of the med-ward to graduate!?

Strip 5:
Syren: *enters the room in an angry rush* I just wanted to ask him some questions! They had no right to turn away an active agent in the operation!
Phoenix: *follows quietly in Syren’s wake* They didn’t.
Syren: *glares at Phoenix* Yes, they did!
Phoenix: *calm faced* They just said 'no pliers'.
Hind: *inquisitive* Who’s “they”?
Phoenix: The-
Syren: *kicks a cabinet* The guards assigned to that security goon!
Hind: *incredulous* You’re upset because they wouldn’t let you torture their ward?
Syren: *shouting* Yes! I mean no! I mean, damn it! I wasn’t done with him!
L: *in pain and disinterested* Would you mind keeping it down to a low roar? Whatever they have me on-
Syren: *points accusingly at L* -and YOU! If you could manage not trying to DIE every five minutes, I would have had plenty of time to extract information from him!
L: *creased eyebrow* Who are we talking about?
Syren: *confused* What?
Hide: The shot snapped his head back into the window pretty hard, Syren. He’ll probably be a little fuzzy for while.

Strip 6:
Syren: *hostile* So now he's claiming amnesia!?
Hind: *irritated* The doc expects something more like an isolated case of short term memory loss encompassing the period of time leading up to the injury. Head trauma tends to do that. Lucky he had a helmet on huh?
Syren: *bored* Whatever. So long as he's still functional.
L: *weak grin* Nice to know you care.
Syren: *distracted* I took a peek at your medical history, after our first op, L. I know this is old hat to you, so why should I let it bother me if you have already come to terms with it? You picked me for your team because I'm focused and good at what I do. Remember?
L: *stronger smile* I also “remember” that you have a temper problem that had already cost you a shot at active duty before the formation of this team was even considered. You might very well be the best we've got at gathering digital intel, Syren, but that doesn't mean you are the only agent around here who can.
Syren: *angry* Was... that a threat L?
L: *deadpan* It was a statement of fact. This assignment's file is closed Syren, and your personal vendetta will have to be left unresolved. Given that we're currently 2 for 2 on mission completion, I expect to find another assignment is waiting for us, in my quarters, as soon as I am released.
Phoenix: *looking at L* If a file is waiting, wouldn't it be better bring it here so we can start planning now?
L: *stunned realization* Now that you mention it, yes it would. You should speak up more often, Phoenix.
Phoenix: *grunt of affirmation*