PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Poison

chef_panpan
2010-08-12, 02:02 AM
-If you use a poison that lowers CON. for a Death Attack would it effect the Fort. Save ?

Hat-Trick
2010-08-12, 02:10 AM
Yes, unless the poison didn't work.

Boci
2010-08-12, 05:02 AM
One would think you would save against the death attack first, but according to the sage its poison first and to the best of my knowledge there is no other answer to the question.

Escheton
2010-08-12, 07:08 AM
Would not the poison need at least 1 beating of the heart to work whereas the death attack works right away?
I know, I know. Real world has no place here in Ruleland. But still.

Snake-Aes
2010-08-12, 07:12 AM
Would not the poison need at least 1 beating of the heart to work whereas the death attack works right away?

There's no rule -at all- about that. The only indication we have is that is the poison's type. If it's injury, it makes sense the injury comes first, then the poison's effect. Contact is iffier (although if anyone gives a damn to catgirls, no poison would have any effect on that split second. It has to flow)

Furnok
2010-08-12, 07:51 AM

I would say yes the heart wouldnt need one beat on a death attack. Unless you use the five point palm exploding heart technique then the other character gets 5 steps. My question is what if he never takes another step again? Maybe he just stays in a wheelchair would he still die?

Snake-Aes
2010-08-12, 07:56 AM
I would say yes the heart wouldnt need one beat on a death attack. Unless you use the five point palm exploding heart technique then the other character gets 5 steps. My question is what if he never takes another step again? Maybe he just stays in a wheelchair would he still die?

Bill wasn't savvy enough to realize that.

Escheton
2010-08-12, 09:32 AM
The point being that poison usually effects you by being pumped around, regardless on how you contracted the poison. Being ganked is somewhat faster. Again, taking the rules as an interpretation of reality and a way of putting numbers to it. Not replacing it.

ericgrau
2010-08-12, 10:10 AM

I believe it is up to 5 steps, as in the amount they are able to stagger under the effect after realizing they are affected. Not moving would accomplish nothing except preventing a dramatic death scene, and no charismatic character wants to do that.