PDA

View Full Version : [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Shades of Gray
2010-08-12, 06:40 AM
What is Academy City anyway?

So what is this game about? It’s about a place called Academy City, close to Tokyo, where some of the most amazing people science has discovered are sent once their unique gifts are discovered. And just who are these people? Pyschics, Espers, telepaths, pyrokinetists, telekinetic users, teleporters, and the list goes on and on, but no matter what they are called they are all one simple thing. A person capable of using psychic powers in some fashion or another, able to do extraordinary things once put through Academy City’s all-but unique psychic development programs. From things such as creating fireballs to manipulating luck itself, these people have demonstrated a wide array of capabilities after being gathered into the most advanced city on earth. The majority of espers (we’re talking 98-99% percent here) can barely be considered psychic before being ‘refined’ to the point they can manifest their abilities, but there are the rare few who manifest psychic abilities before being put through the program as well, almost literal gemstones of the world. These espers range from the almost powerless Level 0s to the awesome power possessed by the rare Level 5 espers.

But what about Academy City? Well, it’s a large city that is almost thirty years ahead of the rest of the world in terms of science and development, with numerous nations having a stake invested in the city’s unique residents. Almost sixty percent of the residents at Academy City’s schools, from the prestigious Azabu Academy and Tokiwaida Middle School to the more…’normal’ Onizuka Middle School…though how ‘normal’ any school can be when they are populated by a mix of psychics and normal people is up for debate. Though by far is it’s greatest asset is one of the satellites orbiting above, which continues the Tree Diagram program that can accurately predict the weather up to a month in advance, though those with the proper connections can ask it other things as well…Not that to say that everything is candy and sunshine in this sovereign city, there’s a darker underside to Academy City that most of it’s residents don’t even know about. Dangerous Skill Out gangs, those without powers who target espers for fun or rights, roam the streets and a person can disappear without a trace depending on where they stick their nose. Rumors of illegal research or weapons research are rampant, though Academy City is such a touchy place that such matters are never really investigated seriously by the Board of Directors in charge of Academy City.

This game is based on the setting of the To Aru no Kagaku Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun) light novels/anime/manga series. Watching/Reading the series is OPTIONAL, but they are rather good. :smalltongue:

Okay, but how is it different from, say, Nexus?

It differs in several important ways.
First, it is a lot more uniform that the Nexus. Academy City has espers and science, not, say, kitten snipers.
Second, the plot of Academy City is going to be more directed. There are the good, the bad, and the ugly, and they are mostly organized. As such, most plots and stuff will be interwoven into one big plot. Or at least that's the intention.
Third, Academy City is NOT in any way connected to the Nexus. i.e. you cannot have a character travel between the two. If you want a character in Academy City, it is for Academy City. You can have a version of the same character for both the Nexus and Academy City, but they are different characters.

How do I start?

Well, you want to post a character in this thread, and the character registry when it goes up, so everyone can find information on your character and so people can give you helpful criticism on it.
To prevent a pattern that is all too easy to fall into, it's good to point out the fact that passive actions don't tend to get much attention.
With that in mind, make a post and begin!

What abilities have been taken?
http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/powers-list

There are rules, right?

Yes, there are.
Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633965&postcount=5)
Second, please remember that we plan to have a far more directed plot than Nexus. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first.
Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.
Fourth, have fun!

New and Improved (but loose) Rules v.1.1!
These "rules" are more loose guidelines that serve another FFRPG very well so I adopted them into this one, because they work.

Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
TALK major fights over with your opponent!
This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM... It keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. On that note...
Don't argue in the OOC!
They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC.

These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.

Disclaimer #1: This game is going to have several moderators to mediate IC and OOC disputes (if they require them), but are not moderators in the GitP sense (Like Roland or the Giant). Aside from mediating disputes, they'll be keeping an eye on characters to watch for intentional/unintentional abuse. If they ask you to change something, it's a good idea to consider it. If they tell you it needs to be changed, then it does but this sort of thing is for important matters only. Disruptive players will be asked to leave if they insist on causing trouble.

Disclaimer #2: If you want to make a level five, make up a character and the community will decide if it shoud be or not.' That way we keep the number of level 5's down and everyone will agree on them. Remember that in canon, Academy City had only seven level fives, and a population of 1.8 million.

Important Links

The Wiki (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/) (The wiki password is "biribiri" (sans the quotation marks))
Toaru Majutsu no Index wiki. (http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index_Wiki)

OOC's
You're looking at it.

Banners

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g16712.png?t=1281737995

Kasanip
2010-08-12, 07:23 AM
To post interest. :smallredface:

Innis Cabal
2010-08-12, 07:29 AM
I...didn't think we were posting this yet...

Shades of Gray
2010-08-12, 07:35 AM
Callos gave me permission. We will not be starting the IC threads right away, this is just a way to get started on gauging interest and writing up characters.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-12, 08:16 AM
Oy, oy.

This thing is already starting? I may be a fast reader but I'm not that fast.

Unless... Do I have to read the original to understand what's going on or can I just read the spinoff? :smallsmile:

Shades of Gray
2010-08-12, 08:29 AM
As I just said, we're making the OOC thread to get everything organized and have questions asked/answered.

And what do you mean spinoff? If you read/watch Railgun, good. If you have read/watch Index then just keep in mind that magic will be off limits, we are instead focusing on Academy City and the schools for Espers.

Just knowledge of Railgun will be sufficient to play the RP. Even if you do not know it you can ask us for help. I have not watched a single episode of Bleach yet I know tons about it from Bleachitp.

To start, I'd suggest you make a student character at one of the three schools. (Prestigious academy for girls, Prestigious academy for boys, or average school that is co-ed.) Come up with a good concept, and some sort of power (Canon examples can be anything from classics like teleportation and lightning control to obscure stuff like "making objects thrown by you move at the speed they are thrown at no matter what unless I stop them.")

There will be plenty of time to get a good start into the manga or anime by the time the RP starts.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-12, 09:27 AM
As I just said, we're making the OOC thread to get everything organized and have questions asked/answered.

I don't ask questions about stuff I plan on reading/watching, spoiler-phobic.

Plus this means I need to finish reading it sooner so that I can actually keep up with this thread, no matter whether it's neccesary or not. I'm crazy like that :smalltongue:

And what do you mean spinoff? If you read/watch Railgun, good. If you have read/watch Index then just keep in mind that magic will be off limits, we are instead focusing on Academy City and the schools for Espers.

Tvtropes say it's a spin-off centered on a character named Mikoto. I was just asking whether I need to read the main manga to get what's going on (Like why they are where they are, have what powers they have and how everything works) but I can gather that I don't :smallsmile:

Just knowledge of Railgun will be sufficient to play the RP. Even if you do not know it you can ask us for help. I have not watched a single episode of Bleach yet I know tons about it from Bleachitp.

See first part of this post, it's no fun being told how awesome it is by you guys. I want to watch little pictures telling me it :smalltongue:

To start, I'd suggest you make a student character at one of the three schools. (Prestigious academy for girls, Prestigious academy for boys, or average school that is co-ed.) Come up with a good concept, and some sort of power (Canon examples can be anything from classics like teleportation and lightning control to obscure stuff like "making objects thrown by you move at the speed they are thrown at no matter what unless I stop them.")

See, I could do that but I now this about those for now: They're schools.

Making a character on that basis would be unacceptable! (Unless I was really, really bored) so Archive binging here I come!

AmberVael
2010-08-12, 09:32 AM
Tvtropes say it's a spin-off centered on a character named Mikoto. I was just asking whether I need to read the main manga to get what's going on (Like why they are where they are, have what powers they have and how everything works) but I can gather that I don't :smallsmile:
I watched the Railgun anime first, and it made perfect sense to me. You'll be fine, I'm sure.

Anyway, I've been thinking about a character for a bit now, and I'm settling on a character who has light generation as their ability. I'd like to go high level (probably 5) with it, as I think it would best fit the concept. I don't have any desire to really usurp usefulness from other characters, and have narrowed and specified the ability to light generation rather than control because of that- it allows her some crazy capabilities, but people with different powers, even of much lower level, can still be useful around her.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-12, 10:32 AM
Aha. You guys thought you could open an OOC without me knowing, huh? :smallamused:

Well, I do have an idea for a character, but I don't know if it's okay. Would weak time-travel be okay?

AmberVael
2010-08-12, 10:45 AM
Well, I do have an idea for a character, but I don't know if it's okay. Would weak time-travel be okay?

Well, I don't really have an official approval/disapproval behind my words, but I'd imagine time-travel would be a really touchy issue. Simply because it is terribly confusing. Going backwards, I'd imagine, is out of the question. Small jumps forwards might be okay, but it'd be a really limited ability. Kind of like teleport, but without moving anywhere. More just like disappearing for a few seconds.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-12, 10:47 AM
Huh. So the main thing stopping it is every time-travel plot out there? Mainly Primer? Hm....

Mina Kobold
2010-08-12, 10:49 AM
Aha. You guys thought you could open an OOC without me knowing, huh? :smallamused:

In schools for the supernaturally gifted time-travel is only allowed to those who have a M tattoed above their eye or a talking dice. NO EXCEPTIONS :smalltongue:

@Vael/Shady: I'm not going to use it as a power but what about time-stopping?

Shades of Gray
2010-08-12, 10:55 AM
Time travel/alteration should be off limits. Unless you put them under a ridiculous amount of restrictions, as I did with my own time controller in Bitp. (To the point that it hardly made sense)

The limitations were something like that she could not affect any living organisms while having time stopped, and that she could only speed up time, not aging or the like. And more of them, I forget them all. But they were numerous, arbitrary, and confusing. It is far easier to say that unless we can somehow make them A) make sense and B) be balanced, time powers are off limits.

As for time stopping, it might be okay if s/he cannot stop people (only non-living things.) Or if s/he cannot harm a being while stopping time, and that is requires concentration. But again, time stopping/travel/alteration is really skirting the lines of what is balanced.

nothingclever
2010-08-12, 10:59 AM
Posting interest for now.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-12, 11:13 AM
As for time stopping, it might be okay if s/he cannot stop people (only non-living things.) Or if s/he cannot harm a being while stopping time, and that is requires concentration. But again, time stopping/travel/alteration is really skirting the lines of what is balanced.

If time is stopped for everything but the user then affecting anything is impossible anyway, no time passes so nothing can affect the target.

But just that would be game breaking since they could just carry something heavy around, stop time and drop it just above somebody's head and start time before it hits... Limiting the amount of mass that can be non-stopped at once might fix that, though.

That way they can still drop a glass of water on someone or doodle on their face, which is most important :smalltongue:

It would need a time-limit, for a lack of better word, you are right about that. It being time-related could be fixed by making it speed-related instead, though :smallsmile:

13_CBS
2010-08-12, 02:27 PM
Posting interest, though many of you knew already.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-12, 02:40 PM
Time Travel...would be best left alone, if only because it causes so many troubles to make useful yet not hax or to explain how it happens. The Railgun setting fudges science every now and again, but it remains fairly truthful in most cases so even locally doing a 'time stop like' effect in a localized area is difficult.

Slow down/speed up perception of things going on around you? Sure, it's kinda neat and useful.

Put objects/people in stasis for a short amount of time? Also nifty.

Full on time-stop? Problematic.

@Keveak: Check out the wiki that Shades linked to. It contains information pertaining to the setting, terminology, and groups within the setting (and other stuff!) without giving spoilers....though don't click the links in the terminology section, they do lead to the occasional spoiler.

13_CBS
2010-08-12, 02:56 PM
Do we have a character registry thread?

Prime32
2010-08-12, 02:59 PM
Do we have a character registry thread?You have something better (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters). :furious:

:smallwink:

EDIT: By the way, Callos, I put some stuff on the top bar for you, along with a threads index (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/threads). Hope you don't mind.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-12, 03:02 PM
Ah, hm.

Well, I'll think of something else then. What about animal empathy?

Mina Kobold
2010-08-12, 03:20 PM
@Keveak: Check out the wiki that Shades linked to. It contains information pertaining to the setting, terminology, and groups within the setting (and other stuff!) without giving spoilers....though don't click the links in the terminology section, they do lead to the occasional spoiler.

But I already read eleven chapters, I can't take the easy road now

Just. One. More. Chapter...

*Falls asleep*

ZzzSee Ya tomorrowzzz

13_CBS
2010-08-12, 03:23 PM
You have something better (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters). :furious:

EDIT: By the way, Callos, I put some stuff on the top bar for you, along with a threads index (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/threads). Hope you don't mind.

Oh.

...but I like having a Character Registry thread. :smallfrown:

Prime32
2010-08-12, 03:24 PM
Oh.

...but I like having a Character Registry thread. :smallfrown::smallamused:

*turns off lights*

THUD THUD

*turns on lights, CBS is nowhere to be seen*

What kind of restrictions are there on character abilities? Can they create physical objects?
EDIT: Here's a thought - multiple RPs could potentially be hosted on one wiki by making use of page tags. There could be different sidebars and everything.

Innis Cabal
2010-08-12, 03:29 PM
Just posting my proposed power now.

Power: Continuum Shift- Takeshi's power acts much like a reality singularity, intersecting all possible infinite worlds that exist from every action. Takeshi’s power acts either subconsciously, or he can exert his control to shift the reality he exists to take on aspects of another possibility. Most times the effect is random on how it helps him, whether it be a bullet narrowly missing a vital organ, to getting a straight flush in poker. With concentration, Takeshi could shift a section of reality in place where a door was in fact left unlocked, or the milk he was drinking wasn’t expired.

Prime32
2010-08-12, 03:32 PM
Continuum ShiftBeen playing BlazBlue, have we?

13_CBS
2010-08-12, 03:34 PM
:smallamused:

*turns off lights*

THUD THUD

*turns on lights, CBS is nowhere to be seen*

Come and see the violence inherent in the system! X.X

What kind of restrictions are there on character abilities? Can they create physical objects?

IIRC, there was a Realty Warper character in the canon material. However, he was portrayed as being extremely powerful and, more importantly, he was a mage. Another fellow could create an unknown substance that he could use for attacking, but that's about it. No ESPer has demonstrated the ability to create an actual, mundane object, organic or otherwise.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-12, 03:46 PM

Power: Continuum Shift- Takeshi's power acts much like a reality singularity, intersecting all possible infinite worlds that exist from every action. Takeshi’s power acts either subconsciously, or he can exert his control to shift the reality he exists to take on aspects of another possibility. Most times the effect is random on how it helps him, whether it be a bullet narrowly missing a vital organ, to getting a straight flush in poker. With concentration, Takeshi could shift a section of reality in place where a door was in fact left unlocked, or the milk he was drinking wasn’t expired.

...Okay, screw Animal Empathy (for now, at least), I'm making a Physics-based character.

13_CBS
2010-08-12, 03:55 PM
An FYI on Psychic Powers:

Most Psychic Powers in canon material tend to lean more towards relatively simple physics tricks used in creative ways. Mikoto's power is essentially bumping around electrons, AFAIK, for example, while Accelerator simply redirects velocity vectors of particles. More complex tricks include mind control and teleportation.

If the character's ability is not a simple physics trick like the above examples, then I might suggest giving the power another thought, if only because if the power requires too many complicated physics tricks to work, then in terms of flavor the power may not fit too well with the setting.

Prime32
2010-08-12, 03:57 PM

Most Psychic Powers in canon material tend to lean more towards relatively simple physics tricks used in creative ways. Mikoto's power is essentially bumping around electrons, AFAIK, for example, while Accelerator simply redirects velocity vectors of particles. More complex tricks include mind control and teleportation.

If the character's ability is not a simple physics trick like the above examples, then I might suggest giving the power another thought, if only because if the power requires too many complicated physics tricks to work, then in terms of flavor the power may not fit too well with the setting.I have the power to control DARK MATTER! This lets me turn into a demon.

Or not.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-12, 03:58 PM
But Animal Empathy is basically mind control, but with animals, right? I could keep it defined to one species. That might work.

Prime: :P I'm not an expert on Astrophysics, but I'm not sure Dark Matter is literally dark.

Innis Cabal
2010-08-12, 03:59 PM
Been playing BlazBlue, have we?

Every day. But their explaination is actually fairly scientific ignoring you know...how things really work. And it's a good name. :smalltongue: I could have called it Causality Interference.

13_CBS
2010-08-12, 04:01 PM
But Animal Empathy is basically mind control, but with animals, right?

Of course. However, using psychic powers to create something complicated as, say, an apple or a robot I might question.

(Callos, Kasanip, and Innis may disagree with me, though. >.> You should listen to what they say before you read my ramblings.)

Prime32
2010-08-12, 04:02 PM
So if that's the power which makes things go well for you, would a power that makes thing go badly for your opponent be called Calamity Trigger? :smalltongue:

What about the power to negate the effects of charge between two objects?

Innis Cabal
2010-08-12, 04:05 PM
Mind Control really isn't something grounded in physics. I don't really know if it's something that a Psychic could do, but controling animals is more complicated then controling humans. They may be a baser creature in the realm of complex and abstract thought (in most regards. Dolphin's can preform abstract thought we've found).

Behavioral control is another issue altogether. We do that every day. People's body language, tone and inflection in their voice and mood effect everyone near by. If you were going to go off something like that, it's a little more plausable.

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-12, 04:05 PM
I'll probably participate with one character. His ability will be Blood Control, or "analysis and control over molecular bonds of organic compounds", if I really, really have to explain it in scientific terms. :smalltongue:

I think I'll have him start as level 1, and work his way upwards during the plot. Here are powers for each level I'd imagine him to have. Up to level 4, they're supposed to nly have range of Self and Touch:

Level 1:

Stop or increase bleeding
Improve blood circulation, easing headaches and muscle pain.
...also, cause someone to blush involuntarily.

Level 2:

Limited control over skin and eye color - that is, he can decide how pale or blushy he looks, or have creepy red eyes.
Prevent oxygen from binding with hemoglobin, making himself / someone else feel nauseous, possibly causing fainting.
Control blood sugar and adrenaline levels, effectively boosting someone's strenght or robbing someone of energy. Also useful for treating diabetes or allergic shocks!

Level 3:

Cause thrombosis, causing muscle failure and potentially death.
Speed up or slow down creation of anitbodies within a body (cure poison and disease, in other words)
Force blood cells to replicate, replenishing lost blood supplies.

Level 4:

Identify someone by blood
Track people by stench of their blood
Permanently alter composure of someone's blood., potentially curing or causing effects similar to AIDS or hemophilia, or changing a person's blood type.
Alter full hormonal components of human body, affecting emotions, muscle growth, recovery from injuries and so forth.

Level 5:

Use all aforementioned abilities from range, without physically touching a person.
Use pressurized blood as a viable weapon.

He's likely to be exteremely delinquent, and more than a little bit likely to weird out everyone else on routine basis. As such, I have no idea what place or group he should belong to. XD Suggestions as to what kind of part he might play are welcome.

Potential theme songs: Bleed Well (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1IOg2bq-MM) and Meaning of Life (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvynzNtQhw8). :smallcool:

Innis Cabal
2010-08-12, 04:07 PM
So if that's the power which makes things go well for you, would a power that makes thing go badly for your opponent be called Calamity Trigger? :smalltongue:

No, because that'd mean that the user was either a Cauldron or the whole world is stuck in a time loop it can't get out of except for a vampire. :smalltongue:

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-12, 04:08 PM
What do you mean by behavior control, Innis? Like, getting the people around you to do stuff for you?

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-12, 04:10 PM
But Animal Empathy is basically mind control, but with animals, right? I could keep it defined to one species. That might work.

Yeah that's fine. There's a telepath in canon too, except sh'es Level 5 (because of what she can do) and your brain is her rubrik's cube.

Prime: :P I'm not an expert on Astrophysics, but I'm not sure Dark Matter is literally dark.

I find this funny because the guy's ability is called Dark Matter not because that's what he makes, but because what he does create isn't understood by science yet...and he might have named it himself to make it sound cooler. xD

@Innis: And yup..powers seem mostly scientific...until you get into gemstones, but they are freaks of nature in other ways.

I'll have an example character up here soon.

13_CBS
2010-08-12, 04:12 PM
As such, I have no idea what place or group he should belong to. XD Suggestions as to what kind of part he might play are welcome.

Delinquent, eh?

He would probably fit best either as a relatively rough fellow in Onizuka Middle School (the more prestigious Azabu might be less willing to take someone like him in >.>) or as one of many delinquent folks in Skill Out.

What do you mean by that? :smallconfused:

Innis Cabal
2010-08-12, 04:14 PM
What do you mean by behavior control, Innis? Like, getting the people around you to do stuff for you?

It's real life "Mind Control". There's a standard of emotional frame works the human mind (and even animals) operate in. If that changes, their mood and temprement shift. It's the reason why if you sit in a room with people who are all furious (like the DMV) your more likely to not be as level headed as you could be. Colors, tempatures and ambiance also have a good part in it. Red for example causes agression. It's why hospital rooms are generally a soft blue tint or color.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-12, 04:19 PM
Ah, hm. Well, I'll see what I can do. Right now, I have an idea for a pair of twins. One being an Animal Empath, the other being a Technopath (specifically, she can turn an electron on or off to the extent where she's able to reprogram an electronic.)

Prime32
2010-08-12, 04:28 PM
What do you mean by that? :smallconfused:
It means letting objects pass through each other. Or making things explode.

No, because that'd mean that the user was either a Cauldron or the whole world is stuck in a time loop it can't get out of except for a vampire. :smalltongue:
BlazBlueITP next. :smalltongue: Or NasuverseITP.

Blaz Blue is set in the Nasuverse

Specifically, between the main continuity and the events of Angel Notes. At some point prior to the events of that story, something "killed" the planet, covering it in a toxic substance called "Gin" or "Grain", though humans eventually developed a tolerance for it. In the meantime they created the A-Rays, creatures genetically engineered from human and animal DNA which could absorb Gin to power special abilities.

The Black Beast seems to fit the "planet killer" bill, with Gin being basically the same thing as seithr, and the Kaka clan are oh so obviously the first A-Rays. Bang might even be an early example of the freakishly powerful Ether Liners.

Rachel is most likely the descendant of Arcueid Brunestud and Tohno Shiki - she can remember the previous timelines due to her inheriting the Pure Eyes of the Nanaya clan, which allow the owner to see things which normally cannot be seen. This is supported by the power of Observers being referred to as "The Eye".

"The Boundary" is the same thing as the "Akasha", "Root" or "Origin" desired by all magi. Both the Azure Grimoire and the Holy Grail are described as "devices to reach Origin", use homunculi with white-blonde hair and red eyes as mediums, and can produce monsters made of darkness under the wrong circumstances. In addition, "The Third Magic" used by the Holy Grail has the power to keep souls in the world after they should have passed on, which seems to describe Terumi. Arakune's transformation is the result of him following imperfect rituals left by the Makiri family. Somehow, Litchi gained access to The Second Magic used by Zelretch (with similar effects to those of the Kaleidostick's Prism Trance).

The Sankishin go as follows:

Tsukoyomi: Named after a moon god, this contains the remaining power of Crimson Moon Brunestud (aka Type-Moon), hence why it is held by a vampire.
Susanoo: The White Beast of Gaia, Primate Murder, attempted to stop the Black Beast but was killed. Its remains were reshaped into a suit of armour, and its wearer inherited its task of protecting Gaia as a being similar to a Counter Guardian.
Amaterasu: Gaia itself, or posibly a "Type-Sol" (who is presumably killed before the events of Angel Notes).

Saya is likely a descendant of Sakura or Sion (see WMG further up the page). Given the resemblance of her Boundary-granted abilities to Kaleidoscope, Litchi might be descended from the Tohsakas (who were known to study Chinese martial arts).

The principles behind Touko Aozaki's "Mystic Eye killer" glasses were used to create the Izayoi, and Relius Clover may very well have studied her doll-making techniques.

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-12, 04:28 PM

Most Psychic Powers in canon material tend to lean more towards relatively simple physics tricks used in creative ways..

While you are techinically right, you are also being very deceptive. ESPers, using Mikoto and Accelator as examples, assume control over some of the basic natural laws, upon which majority of all scientific phenomena are based.

Mikoto has control over electromagnestim. She could potentially recreate any electrical phenomena. The railgun she gets her name from is one of the simplest things that power can achieve.

Acceletor, who's power would be better summarized as control over kinetic energy, could potentially create any mechanic phenomena, and with clever usage, probably every observable phenomena in existence.

I did a spit-take when I read abilities of these level 5 psykers. It's good they have limits, otherwise they'd be more broken than Aizen and Majin Buu combined.

Dark matter is indeed dark - if it reflected any sort of normal radiation, it wouldn't be dark and we'd be able to notice it. However, "dark" in this case refers to our complete inability to directly observe such matter, not the normal "dark color" sense.

Innis Cabal
2010-08-12, 04:30 PM
BlazBlueITP next

I've been discussing this with 13 for a while now.

13_CBS
2010-08-12, 04:33 PM
While you are techinically right, you are also being very deceptive. ESPers, using Mikoto and Accelator as examples, assume control over some of the basic natural laws, upon which majority of all scientific phenomena are based.

Ah, that's what I meant to say, but I couldn't put them into words properly :smallredface: Most psychics seem to have powers that lean more towards being basic natural laws.

Mikoto has control over electromagnestim. She could potentially recreate any electrical phenomena. The railgun she gets her name from is one of the simplest things that power can achieve.

Yep.

Acceletor, who's power would be better summarized as control over kinetic energy, could potentially create any mechanic phenomena, and with clever usage, probably every observable phenomena in existence.

Pretty much.

Regardless, I do like your character's powerset; it's interesting and not something yet seen in canon material. :smallbiggrin:

It means letting objects pass through each other.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmBu0y0vOkui4dNYxs5Pg-sZ4aKm10djtYgp3p6YcfBa9Fu68&t=1&usg=__KgdfDc-obvs9nC5_0Gx35Ka3S00=

Alright. What will your character do with said power? Will he walk through solid objects like the pictured X Men character? Something else?

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-12, 04:45 PM

What you seem to be going after is intangibility. Taken scientifically, your described ability would just break everything into energy.

Some things you should think about:

Your character will still presumably be affected by gravity, otherwise he'd disappear into nothingness everytime he uses the power. Some part of him must always remain solid, otherwise he'll sink through the earth.
Does entropy affect the character while intangible, and if so, how? In easier terms, does he age, or need to eat, sleep or breathe while intangible? Do his senses work normally?
How selective the power is? Can he turn tangible within solid objects? What happens if he does?

Terry576
2010-08-12, 04:56 PM
Hmm... I kind of want to join this, but I know nothing about Railgun whatsoever.

Can I get a quick summary of what it's like before I try to design a character?

Prime32
2010-08-12, 05:12 PM
What you seem to be going after is intangibility. Taken scientifically, your described ability would just break everything into energy.

Some things you should think about:

Your character will still presumably be affected by gravity, otherwise he'd disappear into nothingness everytime he uses the power. Some part of him must always remain solid, otherwise he'll sink through the earth.
Does entropy affect the character while intangible, and if so, how? In easier terms, does he age, or need to eat, sleep or breathe while intangible? Do his senses work normally?
How selective the power is? Can he turn tangible within solid objects? What happens if he does?
Those problems are why I said "between two objects". If he wanted to walk through a wall, he would negate the repulsive force between his body and the wall, but not his body and the ground.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-12, 05:24 PM
Here's an example of the character creation process. First you fill out something like what I'm going to have below (who I do intend on playing, so don't forget to comment). You fix all any kinks or issues with it, then you go to the Wiki. Click the 'Character' page on the side bar. There, you'll see a box to create a new character, just have to put in their name. Proceed to do so in the naming format for their ethnicity (last name first name for Japanese for instance, or first name last name if they aren't japanese). Hit 'Add New Character' and it'll come up with a box with a template that'll ask for similar information to what I have below. Just fill out the information (leave it blank if you don't have anything for there) then just hit save. Formatting buttons (like bold and stuff) are above that window, just like at Giants. Your character will be automatically added to the character's page and that'll be that. That's pretty much the entire process so there's no excuse not to add your character to the wiki now, I've simplified it as much as I can (with lot's of Prime's help ((and thanks for the help with the top toolbar, how do I edit that to add new OOC/IC threads to it though?)) )

Name: Kasusa Sakurako
Aliases: None
Level: 4
Groups: Judgement

Description:

Appearance: Sakurako is a petite girl with red hair that she's dyed to a deeper crimson color out of vanity, which she wears down to just past her shoulders but tied back in a long pony-tail held in place by twin green orbs. She has an open and friendly face, making it easy to tell what she's thinking about most of the time, and generally complies with Tokiwaida's dress code about wearing the school uniform even on days off. Thus she's usually seen in the sweater-vest/dress shirt/skirt combo.

There are however a couple odd additions to her school uniform though. The first is a pair of bloomers underneath her skirt because teleporting one's self upside down could accidentally cause a fair bit of embarrassment. The second is the green armband signifying she's a member of Judgement, though she'll often stash this out of sight. Finally there are two bands around her upper thighs where numerous large metal spikes are stashed as well as a pair of Judgement handcuffs or two.

Sakurako possesses a feminine figure in the sense she has no reason to be overly jealous of most other girls, but she is also rather lean because of all the agility training she needs to practice.

Personality: Mischievous, vibrant, full of life, and a joy to be around. Sakurako takes a great delight in playing small practical jokes, not out of any intent to harm but because the reactions amuse her to no end. It's making her friends and associates slightly uncomfortable or embarrassed that's the draw for her, something that has gotten her beaten by her class-mates several times for 'accidentally' going too far. Not that she minds, sometimes you have to suffer consequences for your actions. The red-haired girl is also rather open about her attraction to other girls, but only in the sense she doesn't believe it's something shameful, something she should try to hide, or the only thing that makes up who she is. In her own words...

"So I prefer the fairer sex, so what? I also like greasy American food, but no one seems to care about that. Why should this be any different?"

That hasn't stopped her using this to tease others though...

On duty, she maintains the same cheerful manner but is much more serious, especially when it's come to someone who has harmed other people without a good cause. While not a pacifist, she believes violence doesn't solve too much on it's own and thus doesn't play around when subduing a suspect, seeking to end it quickly and cleanly with minimal people hurt.

At Tokiwadai, she's known for good grades (most of the time) and for tutoring younger students in her off time. Her room-mate has remarked that Sakurako spends most of the time in their room writing emails or preparing videos to send back to her family, especially her little sister.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Instant Teleportation

As a Level 4, Sakurako's ability to teleport objects begins to take on an almost fantastic turn. She is capable of teleporting an object into another object. Rather then end up destroying the object or being unable to perform the teleportation, the object she's teleporting will displace the surrounding material until it occupies the space Sakurako intends it to. In such a fashion she can teleport nails into the ground to pin an opponent or slice through cement and steel with a pane of regular glass. However, she's only capable of teleporting objects (not living creatures) that she can touch. In addition, the only objects she can teleport weigh below 285 to 295 pounds as long as she knows where the 'end point' is in relation to herself, and can be teleported up to 265 to 275 feet away. Thus she can teleport an object to somewhere she can't see, but it's difficult unless she was recently at that location.

However, her aim is not perfect and on an ill-aimed teleport, what she was sending could end up to five feet away from where she intended so she always takes a moment to collect herself before attempting to teleport something. In addition it requires intense focus and spatial awareness to get a jump down right, so if something disrupts her focus then it can take upwards of half a minute to get back into the right frame of mind. Even something is as seemingly minor as a good punch or kick will disrupt her concentration if she isn't prepared for it.

Additional Uses: She may also teleport herself at the same range (within sight) though she can now 'safely' teleport herself to locations she can't see up to fifty feet away. Though unless she has memorized the 'end point', she risks teleporting herself into an object and possibly harming herself, meaning shorter jumps are still safer.

Physical Traits:
-First Aid Training: Practically a prerequisite for any self-respecting Judgement member, especially if they have an active interest in helping people.
-Jujutsu: As useful as it is to teleport, she only carries around fifteen spikes at a time and she usually can't collect them again in the middle of a fight usually. To this end she's competent in jujutsu, but for actual fighting as opposed to tournament fighting.
-Good Singer: No application in fighting of any kind, Sakurako just likes to sing and is surprisingly good at it.

Mental Traits:
-Spatial Awareness: This is a must for her Instant Teleportation to work. If she doesn't know where she's sending something, she can't send it there.
-Good with Computers: Partially Judgement training, partially a skill she's acquired from living in Academy City. If something is low security she might be able to access it. If it's medium security then she can ATTEMPT to get access but will likely fail. High security computerized systems are so utterly beyond her it's not even funny.

Notable Equipment:
-14 steel spikes- Used to non-lethally detain a suspect.
-Handcuffs- Same use as above, used to detain a suspect until Anti-Skill can pick them up.

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-12, 05:31 PM
Those problems are why I said "between two objects". If he wanted to walk through a wall, he would negate the repulsive force between his body and the wall, but not his body and the ground.

Okay. Next question becomes: define "object".

That power has some really interesting applications, BTW. Like shooting people through walls. Or hiding within a massive object that's like air to you but rock solid to others. XD

Prime32
2010-08-12, 05:38 PM
and thanks for the help with the top toolbar, how do I edit that to add new OOC/IC threads to it though?Click the "Threads" link in the left bar. The content of that page is automatically included in top menu page (nav:top).

Okay. Next question becomes: define "object".I suppose it would be more of a shapable field...

That power has some really interesting applications, BTW. Like shooting people through walls. Or hiding within a massive object that's like air to you but rock solid to others. XDThe latter would be tricky, since said object would not contain air. And he wouldn't be able to see while inside it.

To limit potential abuse, maybe he must denote his own body as one of the two objects. Otherwise he could kill people by making them fall into the ground. Or remove the force between two sections of an object to make it collapse.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-12, 05:47 PM
Quick question.

Academy City's in Japan, right?

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-12, 05:58 PM
Quick question.

Academy City's in Japan, right?

It's very close to Japan but it's important to note that I don't think it really falls under Japan's sovereignty since so many other countries have an interest in it. After all...when was the last time you heard of a city with a Kill-Sat and army?

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-12, 06:04 PM
Ah, okay.

So it's fine if I make a pair of twins, right?

Do I ask too many questions?

Kasanip
2010-08-12, 06:08 PM

I am hesitant of this ability because it seems more of a [Magic] ability. It also to me seems of the same category as [Time Power] which I do not think should be in the RP because they are too powerful and difficult to limit.

It's very close to Japan but it's important to note that I don't think it really falls under Japan's sovereignty since so many other countries have an interest in it. After all...when was the last time you heard of a city with a Kill-Sat and army?

It's close to Tokyo. Yes, it is in Japan. :smallredface: But yes, it has autonomy. Maybe it is not so different than Vatican City (and in some ways of the books, this is important).

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-12, 06:08 PM
Ah, okay.

So it's fine if I make a pair of twins, right?

Do I ask too many questions?

Depends on the twins, would have to see the characters. :smallwink: But playing twins can be immensely rewarding to do (or was for me).

Yes. :smalltongue: But it's good you ask them too!

It's close to Tokyo. Yes, it is in Japan. :smallredface: But yes, it has autonomy. Maybe it is not so different than Vatican City (and in some ways of the books, this is important).

Ah, my mistake. :smallsmile: Thanks Kasanip.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-12, 06:13 PM
Okay, let's see what I can do here. Thanks guys.

Innis Cabal
2010-08-12, 06:15 PM
I am hesitant of this ability because it seems more of a [Magic] ability. It also to me seems of the same category as [Time Power] which I do not think should be in the RP because they are too powerful and difficult to limit.

It's not really time control, because it only effects moments. He can't pluck moments out of order for his power. They have to be co-terminus with what he's doing. It is also based on the Infinite Worlds Theory, which states that any action creates an infinite number of worlds where such actions were not taken. It's not time control, it's causality control.

13_CBS
2010-08-12, 06:23 PM
I am hesitant of this ability because it seems more of a [Magic] ability.

You have a point, but isn't Dark Matter's ability pretty [Magic] like?

Innis Cabal
2010-08-12, 06:33 PM
I'll try to narrow down and specify what the power can do here on the lower scale (Nor do I intend to go to level 5 with it).

Continuum Shift is a power that changes possibilities. Its possible with the Infinte Worlds theory that in some world, the door to say....a bank safe was left unlocked because of human or technical error. But in Takeshi's world, it's locked. So, if he concentrate's really really hard (At this level) he can shift that part of the possible moment. The moment he's in and no other to effect said door. He can't "Skip" time. He can't retract things from the past. That possibility has passed. He can't bring people back to life. If they were going to die from a gunshot and he was there, at that moment, and he again concentrated really really really hard. He could shift the bullet to a non vital area. But he can't stop the bullet itself.

In it's normal state, without concentration, it's random. He can't control what or when the power is going to kick in. He might end up going to the girls locker room naked. Unless he's really working to make it work for himself, it's just as easy for it to blow up in his face.

It's a little tricky to explain without the actual science behind it :smallredface: But, perhaps the way I wrote it made it seem a little more like time control then it was intended to be.

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-12, 06:43 PM
Best way to think of it would be "reroll last die". So if Takeshi pulls really bad hand in poker, he can shift reality a little to resemble a world where the deck was shuffled differently, and gave him good cards.

As an aside, how old people go to Onizuka Middle school? XD

13_CBS
2010-08-12, 06:45 PM
As an aside, how old people go to Onizuka Middle school? XD

AFAIK, Japanese Middle School seems to be the American equivalent of 7th grade to 9th grade. (I don't know what this is in Finnish schools, unfortunately. :smallfrown:) After that, it's 3 years of high school until college.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-12, 06:46 PM
Wait, wouldn't Takeshi's powers have possibly dangerous effects on spacetime?

EDIT: Of course the many-worlds theory is more stable when it comes to these kinds of things than the single-world theory.

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-12, 06:49 PM
AFAIK, Japanese Middle School seems to be the American equivalent of 7th grade to 9th grade. (I don't know what this is in Finnish schools, unfortunately. :smallfrown:) After that, it's 3 years of high school until college.

13 to 15 years old, then? Did I guess right?

Innis Cabal
2010-08-12, 06:50 PM
No, because that'd get loopy and because yes, the Infinite Worlds Theory has it so there is some level of barrier precived by what ever exists to view it keeping them all seperate. Takeshi merely exists on that point. In other words Schrödinger's cat applies here.

But FF has the most boiled down version of all of it. It's super luck. At it's basest form.

Edit: He will also be a Gemstone.

13_CBS
2010-08-12, 06:51 PM
13 to 15 years old, then? Did I guess right?

Pretty much.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-12, 06:53 PM
In other words Schrödinger's cat applies here.

"Somewhere Niels Bohr walks among us, unobserved and IMMORTAL." :smalltongue:

AmberVael
2010-08-12, 08:23 PM
Here's my character idea: Harada Rin, a recent transfer to Tokiwadai. Her extraordinary ability was discovered within the last year, and only for the upcoming year has she transferred to Tokiwadai from her home, at the insistence (and possible bribery of her parents) of Academy City.

As a consequence, she is widely known of, but little is known of her besides her ability and the fact that she is from a wealthy family.

Name: 原田 凛 Harada Rin
Level: 5
Groups: Tokiwadai Middle School

Description

Appearance:

White haired and skinned, and possessed of violet eyes, Rin is resistant to sunlight because of her powers. Though melanin is not absent in her body, she does not have a need for it- thus, color is only barely present in her appearance. Along with this oddity, Rin has delicate and refined features which were only emphasized in her wealthy and sheltered upbringing.

Slender and tall, but lacking in weight (and thus significant curves), Rin's aloof and aristocratic appearance is further augmented by expensive but subdued clothing and a perfect posture. She seems untouchable and elegant, a perfect example of Tokiwadai.

Personality:

At least... until you get to know her. Rin's appearance contrasts her personality almost completely. Curious, cheerful, and friendly, Rin seems like she'd be more at home in a playground than the home she came from. She displays numerous vestiges of her wealthy life, mostly in terms of ignorance of how things really work and how to do things on her own, but is eager to learn and perform even the most tedious chores with a rather excessive vigor.

Someone will very quickly learn that Rin is extremely sheltered and fairly naive, but this manifests in curiosity and unshakable optimism rather than timidity and fear. This is perhaps explained by the confidence her astounding level of power lends her.

Innocent, and kind and generous to a fault, Rin is more likely to get in trouble by someone taking advantage of her or through her own curiosity than intentional trouble making or mischief. No matter what she's doing, it's quite likely that Rin means no harm- and if she is getting something wrong, it's probably a terrible misunderstanding on her part.

Still, though she might be a little tiring or even annoying, the core of Rin's personality is selfless and confident. When it matters, Rin will direct her boundless energy, optimism, and powers to accomplish whatever needs to be done to help everyone around her.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Radiance Genesis

Radiance Genesis is the ability Rin possesses to manipulate light emitting properties in regards to herself. In simpler terms, this grants her the ability to generate vast quantities of light from her body in many varying ways. The distinction is made in that she can alter such properties that she already has- the simplest way this manifests is that Rin can cease emitting the infrared light that naturally accompanies body heat. However, as of yet nothing but her ability to raise her light generating capabilities has proven useful, for obvious reasons.

As suiting someone of her level, Rin has few limits on the way her power can manifest. She can emit light from all portions of her body and from her AIM field (thus allowing her to generate light a very short distance away from her body) in all directions at once, in multiple select directions, or single directions, anything from massive beams to incredibly thin rays. She may emit wavelengths that range anywhere between Infrared to Ultraviolet, and of intensities between imperceptible to light potent enough to vaporize metal. More impressive, Rin can combine these factors, allowing her to generate multiple lights of varying colors and intensities.

While the most obvious use of such powers is offensive, the research of Rin and Academy city have been directed towards identifying other uses of her power, and she has slowly gathered a suite of smaller abilities that her light generating powers allow her. Despite this, most know her for the devastating power that Radiance Genesis holds.

Additional Uses: Rin's body and AIM field also display a one way resistance to her own powers and similar effects, allowing her to manifest even the strongest rays without harm to herself or her clothing. Further, by distorting the form of this resistance, Rin has found herself capable of creating lasers- though impressive, there is little practical reason for her to do so, given the intensity of light she can already create. Using the natural properties of UV light, Rin can also detect varying substances (most interesting being bodily fluids such as blood). Lastly, her resistance is sensitive enough that she can identify light that touches her field- giving her the capability to 'see' Infrared and Ultraviolet light as well as normal wavelengths, as well as distinguish minute qualities about them (such as approximate wavelength). Among other things, this gives her a semi-effective form of heat vision, and more amusingly, allows her to identify the patterns of infrared remotes and replicate them with a bit of time and experimenting.

It is theorized that with her abilities, Rin could replicate the effects of an EMP- but as she cannot create Gamma Rays, the required output of light would be massive. Thus, the heat produced by such an attempt would be too destructive to make the small effect she could produce worthwhile.

Physical Traits:
-Totally weak! Don't expect Rin to pick up much more than a pillow. If you ask her to though, she'll definitely give it her best shot, as amusingly pathetic as it'll be.
-Poor vision! Probably due to her lack of melanin, Rin has slightly below average vision. She doesn't technically need glasses, but will often have to squint at things further away from her. She's too embarrassed to admit this though; luckily it doesn't really cause her many problems due to it being so minor.
-Needles! She may not be strong or the best sight, but Rin knows how to use a needle. Embroidery, sewing- she can do it all, and quicker than anyone else, too. Just one of few skills she picked up so she could be a 'proper' lady. Ironically, she uses it mostly to make silly and cheery pictures.

Mental Traits:
-Boundless Optimism! It's very hard to get Rin to give up hope on even insignificant matters. It's much better to just distract her with something interesting or shiny. In more serious matters, Rin won't ever lose her hope and confidence- she'll give even the fight against overwhelming odds her best shot.
-Polyglot! She may not know how to prepare food or even wash clothing without ordering a maid to do it for her, but Rin knows an impressive list of languages for someone her age: Japanese, English, Spanish, German, and French. Apparently she showed an enthusiasm and aptitude for learning other languages, and her parents thereafter paid for an extraordinary number of tutors to teach her in her spare time.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-12, 09:51 PM
I don't see any problem with Rin as she's stated, or the fact she's a Level 5. Anyone else?

13_CBS
2010-08-12, 09:53 PM
Looks fine to me.

Whoever's playing the villain's gonna have a tough time beating her, though. :smalleek:

Shades of Gray
2010-08-12, 10:21 PM
I don't mind Rin, it seems that she won't go around killing 20,000 clones of another level 5, so it's balanced.

Anyway, a banner is made.

13_CBS
2010-08-12, 10:47 PM
The 4 characters I'll be playing (all of them have already been approved by Callos, but feel free to protest/criticize them as necessary):

Satoku Masaki, Onizuka Middle School AIM Field Sciences teacher (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters:satoku-masaki)

Yoshikawa Hitomi, owner of Pâtisserie Joyeux (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters:yoshikawa-hitomi)

Yoshikawa Futae, owner of Kadokado Café (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters:yoshikawa-futae)

Yoshikawa Sanin, owner of Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters:yoshikawa-sanmin)

Of the 4, only Masaki is of any real importance. The other 3 are around so that I can DM the 3 hang out spots (and by "DM" I mean "RP the dull, boring jobs like waiters, waitresses, drink mixers, etc.").

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-13, 01:42 AM
Okay, I finished the twins. Of course, I still need to work on their Backstory, but how are they right now?

Name: Sato Catarino and Sato Cici
Aliases: Fire and Ice Twins
Level: Both Level 3
Groups: Don't know yet.

Description

Appearance: The two are Romani-Japanese. Physically, the Twins are nearly the same. They both have brown skin, dark hair, and hazel eyes. They're both tall and thin, being around 5' 6". Catarino has a cut across arm, unkempt hair and a tattoo of a falcon talon mark on his chest. Cici has circles around her eyes, and straight, neck-length hair. The big difference are in how they dress and act.
Catarino, when not wearing his school uniform, doesn't wear a shirt at all. He'll wear a pair of pants, if only because people don't seem to care for half-naked teenagers in the middle of the street. He wears a black feather necklace over his neck. He'll walk around with a crouching, feral gait. Cici, when not wearing her school uniform, wears a t-shirt, and jeans, and a pair of shoes. She has a necklace of a wrench around her neck. She has a laid-back posture.

Personality: Catarino and Cici are opposites when it comes to this. Catarino is wild on the outside, seemingly unpredictable, and prone to growling, but calm on the inside. Cici is seemingly laidback and calm on the outside, but prone to RAEG and outbursts. Catarino follows a form of honour, putting that higher then logic. He treats it higher than reason. Cici is the opposite; she puts logic and reason above Catarino's bestial form of honour. Of course, that doesn't mean that, say, Catarino is illogical and that Cici is unhonourable. If the logical choice seems better, Catarino will follow that. With Cici, if someone does something that she finds outright wrong, she'll go against it, even if it's illogical.
Socially, Cici is the winner in that regard, if only because Catarino is either ignorant, or apathetic about social mores and rules. He'll follow them to an extent, but he will, say, intrude on someone's personal space. Cici isn't the most charismatic person in the world, but she does know enough not to get odd looks or to get teased too much.
Their interests are obvious; Catarino is interested in nature and wildlife, such as Biology, and Animal Psychology. Cici is interested in Information Sciences, and multiple forms of Engineering.

Abilities

Catarino's Esper Ability: Animal Empathy (Falcon)

Catarino has the ability to communicate with and command the genus known as Falcons. At Level 3 he can control up to twenty falcons within a ten mile radius around him to do anything but explicitly kill themselves. He can also communicate at the level of a fluent foreigner with them. With this, he can use the falcons to fight with him, or to scout for him.

Additional Uses: Can't think of any.

Cici's Esper Ability: Technokinesis

Cici has the ability to reprogram and control electronics. She does this by turning individual electric charges on or off, into a 1 or a 0. At Level 3, she is able to quickly reprogram a single program; that is, a game mod would be a piece of cake for her. An early 2000s computer would be more challenging. Simple robots are the limit for her.

Additional Uses: Because her ability uses small electric charges, she is able to form static electricity and make a sort of 'climbing material' on walls.

Catarino's Physical Traits:

-Parkour: "The urban jungle is almost the same as the natural jungle, so why not learn to move quickly in there?" Catarino uses this reason to justify him knowing Parkour. He's been a practitioner for quite a few years, and takes the Philosophy of it to heart.
-Fights Like a Beast: In Physical fights, Catarino can be strong and ruthless, like a beast. He's quite a good fighter, and can't be taken down easily.
-Survivalist: Catarino can survive in places that the average person couldn't without extra baggage. He can drink lakewater without getting sick, can fight off bugs and disease, and is a sort of extreme omnivore.

Cici's Physical Traits:

-Weak: She spends most of her time with electronics, so she isn't in the best of shape. She gets some excercise, but that's only because of her brother, most likely.
-Dextrous: Cici is quite dextrous, being able to handle minute objects and delicate electronics with ease.

Catarino's Mental Traits:

-Learning Ainu and Romani: Interestingly, Catarino is learning the Ainu language and the Romani language. He's at a student level at both.
-Interest in Nature Sciences: Catarino is quite interested in this.

Cici's Mental Traits:

-Skill at Programming: Cici is a master at this kind of thing. She can program in C++, Python, PERL, and so on. She can even program behaviour into robots a bit.
-Sharp: Cici has quite sharp skills and may notice things that many wouldn't.

Catarino's Notable Equipment:

-Blade: Catarino always carries a dagger around in his pocket, just in case he needs it.
-Bird Feed: Catarino always carries some bird food in his pocket-- whether to feed falcons, or to munch on as a snack (yes he eats bird food sometimes).

Cici's Notable Equipment:

-Screwdriver: Cici carries around a screwdriver when she needs it to fix something, or to break it. Also doubles as a hand weapon when needed.
-Pendant: Always carries around a pendant with her, around her neck.

So how does it look?

Terry576
2010-08-13, 03:36 AM
Finished mine. Hisagi Tsukiri, he controls lightning.

And I can't find any source that does from google and the manga I don't want to read. :smalltongue:

Name: Tsukiri Hisagi
Aliases: Lightning
Level: 3
Groups: Azabu Academy, Judgement.

Description

Appearance:

Hisagi has blue eyes and brown messy hair, with a large gouge of white across the left side. He's fairly tall, about 5'10", and usually is found wearing the school uniform, or some form of casual dress, such as jeans and a black turtleneck. His main defining trait is a large scar across the middle of his face, which he refuses to talk about.

Personality:

Hisagi practices the "I don't give a damn" philosophy of living, where he insults half the people he meets, ignores the other forty-nine percent, and the one percent who get close to him discover he's actually quite kind. Hisagi's incredibly loyal to his close friends, and doesn't really allow others to mess with them. He gets to mess with them all he wants though. Strangely, only his friends really refer to him as Lightning, whereas acquaintances either call him Tsukiri or Hisagi.
Abilities

Esper Ability: Lightning Blade.

Hisagi controls lightning, allowing him to summon it from his hands, toss it at people, and give people slight electric shocks. A breakdown is in the spoiler:

Level One: Mild electric shocks, like if you do that whole rub your socks on the carpet. Slight resistance to heat, Boiling Water.

Level Two: Can create lightning up to two feet long, but it dissipates once it leaves his hand or touches someone.

Level Three: Current level. Can create small lightning bolts up to five feet to use, and create them approximately ten feet away. Moderate resistance to heat, up to Open Fire.

Level Four: Massive control over lightning. Can create lightning within a fifteen foot radius, and manipulate it to a great extent.

Level Five: Can create Pseudo-Lightning, which is pretty much like real lightning, only summoned. Massive resistance to heat, up to a thousand degrees.

Additional Uses: Hisagi's AIM field makes him incredibly resistent to heat, but only around the parts of his body that he can summon lightning with: his arms and hands. So if he was burned, it would hurt most of his body, but not his arms and hands, which is the most important part of his ability. In addition, he can easily fry electric locks, but he's a horrible person when it comes to anything more complex then five circuits at his current level.

Physical Traits:
-Slender Physique: Hisagi, while not exactly scrawny, is lighter and leaner then the average fifteen year old. Strangely, he manages to pass it off, probably thanks to his ability.
-Weird Eyes: Hisagi's eyes are Electric blue, and I literally mean electric blue. As in, there's something that's like electricity sparking inside his eyes.
-Fashion Crazed: Hisagi's fashion tastes are strangely consistently up to date, sometimes ahead of fashion. One day he'll be wearing a Zoot suit, the next he could be wearing ripped jeans and a barely fitting shirt with a pink skull on it.

And some lightstick wristbands.

Mental Traits:
-Rampant Apathy: Hisagi's way of showing he cares is by not caring. While this sounds like a way of being a massive prick, the more he cares, the less likely he is to insult you.

-Snarky Bastard: Hisagi prefers to insult practically everyone he speaks to, with no preference, to race, gender, sexual identity, esper, magician, or one without abilities. He's kind of a cruel dude.

Social Butterfly: At 90% of the parties involving the surrounding schools, Hisagi somehow shows up, even though he only knows about thirty people at each school, and is friendly with about ten of each of those.

Stress Smoker: In order to deal with the stress of the Academy, Hisagi smokes. He's well aware that it's bad for him, and his friends have given up on trying to stop him, as he'll freely admit that he shouldn't, and says he always stops once the stress levels go down.

Feel free to comment.

13_CBS
2010-08-13, 03:59 AM
@ Zersk and Terry: both look fine. :smallbiggrin: (I must say, though, I get the feeling that Tsukiri gets into a lot of trouble with the teachers at Azabu >.>)

Terry576
2010-08-13, 04:05 AM
@ Zersk and Terry: both look fine. :smallbiggrin: (I must say, though, I get the feeling that Tsukiri gets into a lot of trouble with the teachers at Azabu >.>)

Really! You got that?

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING FOR!

Hisagi's history:

Hisagi's part of the more prestigious part of the Academy, as his parents are talented musicians. He himself plays the violin excellently, and everyone thinks that he'll join his parents once he leaves the academy. But, Hisagi doesn't enjoy traveling, and he hates how much his parents do. Strangely, at a young age, Hisagi became close friends with someone who now attends Tokiwadai, and the two often are found walking around together after hours. Hisagi is also close friends with several of the poorer children who live in the School Garden, and scorns the company of most of the richer boys, accusing them of being snobbish prats, and loathes them generally.

The position of his close friend is free. :smalltongue:

Kasanip
2010-08-13, 06:13 AM
Name: 金槌 勝規 Kanazuchi Kazumi
Ability Name: [Enduring Bastion]

Appearance: A modest, average height junior high school student, often Kazumi wears her hair in a ponytail. Sometimes she does not wear her hair in a ponytail, but if she is to fight, she will always pull it back. Dressed in the school uniform of that famous school, when not, she wears functional clothes that is easy to move in. Of course she likes fashionable things, but unfortunately those often it seems are destroyed too easily in a fight. She often has a bandage somewhere too. Maybe it moves to a different place every week.

Personality: A strong-headed girl, Kazumi is the person who will never betray her beliefs or her friends. She is the kind of person you either love as a friend, or hate and think annoying as a rival. Though she is normally fairly relaxed, when she gets excited or angry, she is difficult to stop (even for herself). With this kind of explosive personality, she has many bad nicknames - though people don't say these to her face. She is an 'temper-head' girl who is well used to fights. Still, she does act like a fairly normal junior high school student (she just 'seems to be drawn into fights often'). She has a strange reputation because she is admired for standing up for weaker students, but maybe she is not a model 'princess' of Tokiwadai. It is rumored she has to attend extra lessons on correct behavior as a punishment often. She likes red things.

Abililty & Level: [Enduring Bastion] Level 4

Description:
[Enduring Bastion] is a defensive skill that is something of a forcefield and endurance booster. At the highest levels, a person might be able to be hit many times by such things as bullets easily, with no mark or bleeding. But it is much more effective against blunt or physical objects (instead of say, electricity or fire). Still, feelings of things like pain and exhaustion are much much slower for this person, which may let them do things that are insane, like keep fighting with a broken arm, or when burned.
Kazumi earned her first nickname when she jumped off of a bridge to stop a criminal who was being chased by Judgment below. She was uninjured. She also holds a school record in the marathon running because she does not become tired easily. In last year's City Sports Festival she was undefeated in the marathon races.

Weakness:
[Enduring Bastion] has a few drawbacks- Kazumi doesn't sleep very well because 'she is not tired.' Maybe if you see her 'sleeping,' she is a fake. Because she can still be injured and not notice the pain, she can push her body beyond what it can do - but certainly in the end she will be in the hospital with a certain frog face doctor.
Though the ability allows her to stop many attacks with her body (like a shield), kinetic energy will still come (if she is hit by a car, likely the car will not stop. But she will move. If she is punched, there is still force though maybe it will not bruise or feel pain).
The big drawback maybe is a feeling of 'invincible.' But it is surely not that case. To think so is dangerous, for such a person. But it is also necessary, because her [Personal Reality] is such a 'I cannot be stopped!' expression.

Explain?:
It is a manipulation of AIM field on the skin to increase toughness. So it is like being covered in steel maybe, or to think a barrier covers the skin and surrounds the nerves. Being partly a forcefield power, but mostly endurance, it is more of an 'internal' power based of [Personal Reality]. The more determined and confident she is, the harder it is to stop her (and for her to stop herself). The opposite, of being not-confident in self hurts her ability.

Other Information:

月華拳 Gekkaken
The legendary 'technique' of Kazumi, it is a name in rumors by other students (she doesn't call it of course by such a name). She punches with vicious force. Maybe because she doesn't care if she injures her hand. Certainly she is a 'melee fighter.'

Mina Kobold
2010-08-13, 12:01 PM
Finished mine. Hisagi Tsukiri, he controls lightning.

And I can't find any source that does from google and the manga I don't want to read. :smalltongue:

Feel free to comment.

The main character of Railgun uses lightning... To make a railgun using coins as bullets! And electrocute them for good measure :smalltongue:

Hello everybody!

I was thinking about making a speedster character, to avoid the obvious problems (breaking stuff from the energy created just by running by it, being overpowered due to being able to hit stuff three thousand times a second, etc.) I was thinking he could become less dense the faster he runs.

But I'm not sure how that work scientifically, maybe something with the conservation of matter/energy? But that wouldn't explain how he gets the matter back...

A little help? I'm not used to need logic in my character creation! :smalltongue:

Moon Wolf
2010-08-13, 12:13 PM
Hey! I'm interested in joining this....I just have to read the manga. I've read some of the Index, so I have an idea of what's going on, but I'm still a little shaky on the concept. Posting my interest here. When I've read enough of Railgun to fully understand it, I'll be back...mwa ha ha... :smalltongue:

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-13, 01:22 PM
The main character of Railgun uses lightning... To make a railgun using coins as bullets! And electrocute them for good measure :smalltongue:

Hello everybody!

I was thinking about making a speedster character, to avoid the obvious problems (breaking stuff from the energy created just by running by it, being overpowered due to being able to hit stuff three thousand times a second, etc.) I was thinking he could become less dense the faster he runs.

But I'm not sure how that work scientifically, maybe something with the conservation of matter/energy? But that wouldn't explain how he gets the matter back...

A little help? I'm not used to need logic in my character creation! :smalltongue:

Well, the closer an object gets to the speed of light, they're supposed to get less dense, so that might work.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-13, 01:38 PM
Well, the closer an object gets to the speed of light, they're supposed to get less dense, so that might work.

But that requires him to stay at those speeds, anything less and the buildings nearby will be turned to dust...

Unless *idea*

Perhaps his powers could manipulate his own relation to speed and as such he can lower his density while being slower than anything else would need to.

He could of course turn denser but that could kill him just like anybody else would be at that speed

Terry576
2010-08-13, 02:48 PM
But that requires him to stay at those speeds, anything less and the buildings nearby will be turned to dust...

Unless *idea*

Perhaps his powers could manipulate his own relation to speed and as such he can lower his density while being slower than anything else would need to.

He could of course turn denser but that could kill him just like anybody else would be at that speed

When you first said that I had this image of a dude running with Matrix bullet-time happening around him, as he parts of him slowly fall off.

It was awesome.

13_CBS
2010-08-13, 03:04 PM
Hello everybody!

A speedster, eh?

Hmm...I don't think there's a strict need for your character to go anywhere near light speed; to the human eye, something traveling at 4000 meters per second is no different from something traveling at 300000 meters per second (the speed of light): they're both simply too fast for the eye to see.

If you decide to have your fellow travel near the speed of light anyway, there are other issues for you to think about:

Air friction. Objects traveling much slower than the speed of light nonetheless tend to burn up just by traveling through air too fast thanks to air friction. What about your character? He could try to protect himself with his AIM Field somehow, but that may require his AIM field to do 2 completely different things at once (unless you get creative).

Reaction time: someone traveling quickly must also be able to react quickly, or else he's going to crash very fast into something very hard. Your character may need a way to up his reaction time somehow to avoid this.

So, if you still want to go for a speedster, there's no strict need for him to try to break the light speed barrier. Nonetheless, I have a method for which you character can do so if he wishes:

Localized temporal acceleration.

That is, your character can focus his AIM field so that it only extends to his body and no further, and speed up time inside his body relative to the outside world. Neurons transmit faster: muscles pull faster: nutrients are consumed faster; the end result is that the body is able to move much faster relative to everything else.

Potential trade offs:

1) System shock: the body tries to "decelerate" and slow back down, but it ends up doing so at a clumsy rate. THe end result is that his organs slow down at a different rate from his heart, which slow down at a different rate from his nervous system, etc. How much the body is forced to slow down depends on how fast the body was accelerated before. As a result, he may feel anywhere from disorientation to severe discomfort, to even unconsciousness and perhaps death.

2) Deceleration: Instead, the body tries to slow down to slower than normal speeds in order to "match up" with the outside timeline. The result is that the body is slowed down relative to the outside world.

Terry576
2010-08-13, 03:15 PM

Hello everybody!

Wait seriously?

That's the most worthless use of Lightning ever. I just had a vision of Hisagi as Zeus and rolled with it. :smalltongue:

My motto is when in doubt, Matrix bullet time. Instead of being physically faster, he perceives everyone else as slower, so he can move faster than them, but not touch them at his current level.

@^: And if we're talking Speed of Light travel, he's got a major problem, that makes him the least broken character of all time:

Before he can stop to punch you, he's on the other side of the planet.

No. Seriously. This isn't a "Maybe" or a "sometimes", no matter WHAT he will be on the other side of the planet EVERYTIME he uses his Speed of Light travel.

riccaru
2010-08-13, 03:18 PM
Wait seriously?

That's the most worthless use of Lightning ever. I just had a vision of Hisagi as Zeus and rolled with it. :smalltongue:

My motto is when in doubt, Matrix bullet time. Instead of being physically faster, he perceives everyone else as slower, so he can move faster than them, but not touch them at his current level.

It's also a good bit impossible. Unless Yen are made from magnetic materials, that is. A railgun works by activating extremely powerful electromagnets, which fire a round that must also be magnetic. Coins, at least in America, are not magnetic. She also would have to have something that could act as an electromagnet on each arm, and aiming would be extremely hard. So would actually loading the weapon.

Innis Cabal
2010-08-13, 03:20 PM
I think people are forgetting something else. When you reach the speed of light. You become light. According to Einstien anyway, but who wants to listen to that old nut. He'd have to have a way of turning back from light. Among the other issues that light speed travel brings.

It's also a good bit impossible. Unless Yen are made from magnetic materials, that is. A railgun works by activating extremely powerful electromagnets, which fire a round that must also be magnetic. Coins, at least in America, are not magnetic. She also would have to have something that could act as an electromagnet on each arm, and aiming would be extremely hard. So would actually loading the weapon.

It's called soft science.

Terry576
2010-08-13, 03:26 PM
I think people are forgetting something else. When you reach the speed of light. You become light. According to Einstien anyway, but who wants to listen to that old nut. He'd have to have a way of turning back from light. Among the other issues that light speed travel brings.

We could brush that off with AIM fields though, claiming that he can will himself back into being.

The main problem is if he does travel that fast, he's halfway to the moon before he can turn back into not-light.

Innis Cabal
2010-08-13, 03:29 PM
Light speed travel is a no no, just like time travel.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-13, 03:39 PM
Light speed travel is a no no, just like time travel.

Yeah...this isn't to say 'super-speed' is off limits, just that it doesn't need to be THAT fast to still get the same effect. :smallwink: In other words, lets see the character first so we can see what you have in mind in terms of 'how fast' and limitations. Then we can give more constructive help.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-13, 04:39 PM
A speedster, eh?

Hmm...I don't think there's a strict need for your character to go anywhere near light speed; to the human eye, something traveling at 4000 meters per second is no different from something traveling at 300000 meters per second (the speed of light): they're both simply too fast for the eye to see.

If you decide to have your fellow travel near the speed of light anyway, there are other issues for you to think about:

Air friction. Objects traveling much slower than the speed of light nonetheless tend to burn up just by traveling through air too fast thanks to air friction. What about your character? He could try to protect himself with his AIM Field somehow, but that may require his AIM field to do 2 completely different things at once (unless you get creative).

Reaction time: someone traveling quickly must also be able to react quickly, or else he's going to crash very fast into something very hard. Your character may need a way to up his reaction time somehow to avoid this.

So, if you still want to go for a speedster, there's no strict need for him to try to break the light speed barrier. Nonetheless, I have a method for which you character can do so if he wishes:

Localized temporal acceleration.

That is, your character can focus his AIM field so that it only extends to his body and no further, and speed up time inside his body relative to the outside world. Neurons transmit faster: muscles pull faster: nutrients are consumed faster; the end result is that the body is able to move much faster relative to everything else.

Potential trade offs:

1) System shock: the body tries to "decelerate" and slow back down, but it ends up doing so at a clumsy rate. THe end result is that his organs slow down at a different rate from his heart, which slow down at a different rate from his nervous system, etc. How much the body is forced to slow down depends on how fast the body was accelerated before. As a result, he may feel anywhere from disorientation to severe discomfort, to even unconsciousness and perhaps death.

2) Deceleration: Instead, the body tries to slow down to slower than normal speeds in order to "match up" with the outside timeline. The result is that the body is slowed down relative to the outside world.

I didn't mean he would be travelling at light speed, I meant he would be affected by that particular law (you grow less dense the closer you get to light speed) at much lower speeds to explain away how he isn't turned to porridge when he moves fast. His speed would then be a result of the same kind of effect on the laws about how much energy is needed to move that fast.

Essentially the same as Mikoto's ability to generate more electricity than she has energy for plus an additional ability in style with her ability to not be electrocuted by herself :smallsmile:

Decelerating needs to be easy, otherwise it's no fun to steal people's milkshake :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Wait seriously?

It needed to be shot through a pool of water and into a reinforced wall just to be measured. It's pretty much on level with a tank in the manga!

So instead of becoming faster everything else becomes slower? Perceiving things as slower is achieved by being insanely fast, even in The Matrix.

Otherwise it's reality warping which I think was out-ruled some time ago

Yeah...this isn't to say 'super-speed' is off limits, just that it doesn't need to be THAT fast to still get the same effect. :smallwink: In other words, lets see the character first so we can see what you have in mind in terms of 'how fast' and limitations. Then we can give more constructive help.

I'll get right to it as soon as I can but I assure you it won't be anywhere near light speed. More like the speed of sound if anything.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-13, 04:45 PM
Wait seriously?

More useful than my character's. :smalltongue:

Terry576
2010-08-13, 04:46 PM
So instead of becoming faster everything else becomes slower? Perceiving things as slower is achieved by being insanely fast, even in The Matrix.

Yes, but you know what?

It doesn't sound as awesome that way. :smalltongue:

@^: Oh yes, a computer hacker in the Technology Age is so useless.

Go rob a bank with the internet or something.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-13, 04:48 PM
Point taken.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-13, 05:00 PM
@Terry: You underestimate Mikoto and de railgun (among many other things). :smalltongue: xD Tis all I'll say on the subject since you don't wanna read an entire manga. :smallwink:

Terry576
2010-08-13, 05:00 PM
Point taken.

"WAAAAH I'M SO USELESS! Hisagi, you meanie-head, I'm gonna go break into your BANK ACCOUNT!"

"Why?"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE MEAN!"

"Ah. Touche."

@^: Sorry about that. You read my PM, right? It's true. I've got Shlock Mercenary and Sinfest tabbed right now, as well as Elagune's manga just because I accidentally clicked on the links.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-13, 05:11 PM
You know, I was about to write that she could almost take on Anonymous.

Then I cut that out. NOTHING on earth is that strong.

Terry576
2010-08-13, 05:16 PM
You know, I was about to write that she could almost take on Anonymous.

Then I cut that out. NOTHING on earth is that strong.

"Hisagiiiiiiiii! Anonymous was mean to meeee!"

"So? Go break 4chan's servers."

"Thanks Hisagi!"

"Please don't touch me."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-13, 05:31 PM
@^: Sorry about that. You read my PM, right? It's true. I've got Shlock Mercenary and Sinfest tabbed right now, as well as Elagune's manga just because I accidentally clicked on the links.

I know. :smallwink: Was just teasing you a little bit is all.

Terry576
2010-08-13, 05:35 PM
I know. :smallwink: Was just teasing you a little bit is all.

Just don't link comics to me.

I go through what you go through if I link TVTropes.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-13, 05:39 PM
Just don't link comics to me.

I go through what you go through if I link TVTropes.

:smalltongue: I can resist the siren lure of TVtropes...can you resist the shiny newness of new manga? XD Don't worry, I won't link to Railgun, even if it is surprisingly short.

Terry576
2010-08-13, 05:55 PM
:smalltongue: I can resist the siren lure of TVtropes...can you resist the shiny newness of new manga? XD Don't worry, I won't link to Railgun, even if it is surprisingly short.

No. No I cannot.

Linking me to comics leads to fascinated reading, then cursing when it ends. :smallredface:

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-13, 06:03 PM
So if I link to a whole bunch of webcomics, you'll start reading them?

EDIT: I was this close to linking to a whole bunch in that post.

Terry576
2010-08-13, 06:05 PM
So if I link to a whole bunch of webcomics, you'll start reading them?

EDIT: I was this close to linking to a whole bunch in that post.

Yes. Yes I would. :smallannoyed:

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab324/Terry576/OoTS/MorriganDisapproves.png

Moon Wolf
2010-08-13, 06:19 PM
OY. No. Only Isabel is allowed to disapprove. :smalltongue:

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-13, 06:24 PM
Yes. Yes I would. :smallannoyed:

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab324/Terry576/OoTS/MorriganDisapproves.png

I might just. :smallamused:

Anyway...

So we start around the time that the Flashback arc starts over at NarutoITP?

Terry576
2010-08-13, 06:28 PM

Anyway...

When's that? I don't look at NarutoITP.

Fan pissed me off at one point, I needed to cool down, and then it went down to disinterest as I began to play BleachITP, and then this thread appeared, and I realized that superpowered Teens who got their own academy and weren't discriminated against was like a more awesome FreakAngels.

And now I read Elagune's Bibliography, and have a sudden urge to get that setting into FFRP. :smallredface:

Moon Wolf
2010-08-13, 06:29 PM

Anyway...

Put that one in the NarutoITP thread, Zersk old boy...might be more effective that way. :smallwink:

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-13, 06:30 PM
Isn't there already a BibliographyITP?

The flashback arc is just going to happen in a little, I think.

^ Possibly, but it's more relevant here.

Moon Wolf
2010-08-13, 06:31 PM
Oh...okay. Although I'm going to carry this convo over to the Naruto OOC thread...just so we don't weird out anyone not in NarutoITP over here. :smallsmile:

Shades of Gray
2010-08-13, 06:36 PM
And now I read Elagune's Bibliography, and have a sudden urge to get that setting into FFRP. :smallredface:

There was. It died.

Terry576
2010-08-13, 06:41 PM
There was. It died.

D'awww... :smallfrown:

I guess the lack of familiarity with his awesome setting killed it.:smallannoyed:

Ah well, Reborn seems to be well on it's way to kicking the bucket.

The OOC thread is higher up then the actual threads.

riccaru
2010-08-13, 06:57 PM
D'awww... :smallfrown:

I guess the lack of familiarity with his awesome setting killed it.:smallannoyed:

Ah well, Reborn seems to be well on it's way to kicking the bucket.

The OOC thread is higher up then the actual threads.

Despite some people trying to bring the IC threads up. I'm not one of them:smallredface:.

Terry576
2010-08-13, 07:38 PM
Despite some people trying to bring the IC threads up. I'm not one of them:smallredface:.

Nor am I. :smalltongue:

And I have the plot character(s) too. :smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2010-08-13, 07:39 PM
Finally finished my character at 2:38 AM, now to get some sleepsies!

Name: Yamamoto Katsu
Aliases: Runner
Level: 3
Groups: none so far

Description:

Appearance: Katsu is a skinny kid with dark brown hair that reaches below his shoulders and a worn but otherwise unaltered school uniform.
When out of uniform he is usually seen in a pair of jeans worn enough to have holes at the knees and a band t-shirt. He always wear blue and black running shoes.
His posture ranges between laid-back and straight out arrogance, no doubt related to his powers.

Personality: Katsu is a bit of a trickster and have little apparent respect for others private space and right to keep their hat on.
he is an avid explorer of hard-to-reach places and places he shouldn't explorer, such as roofs and people's rooms.

Katsu is a dreamer at heart and takes his education serious enough to get decent grades. he will sometimes speak of what he want to do when he gets old enough but most of the time his dreams are focused at what wonders might be beyond the tall fence he is climbing.
Some find him hard to follow because of this.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Relativity Changing

Katsu can change how relativity affects him on a few basic levels: Density as approaching light speed occurs much faster subconsciously and with no visible harmful side-effects and the energy needed to reach high speeds can be altered at will for Katsu and anything else in his AIM field, this includes his own sense of perception as he perceives the world as going slower to almost the same level as he can move.

In other words: He can travel at speeds that are just around the speed of sound and yet be perfectly safe and attentive.

Additional Uses: Reading and similar tasks can be done in less time.

Physical Traits:
-Athletic: Katsu is very athletic and agile as a result of running about and trying to reach the weirdest places.
-Balance: Katsu has exceptional balance for similar reasons to above.
-Weak: Katsu is neither a heave lifter nor a brawler and fail spectacularly when confronted with a heavy object to carry or a direct hit.
Mental Traits:
-Quick: Katsu learns very quickly and reads even quicker as a side-effect of his powers, still find it immensely boring to read math anyway.
-Impatient: Katsu have fallen asleep during long lectures a few times but usually manages to take notes most times he stay awake.
Notable Equipment:
-Chewing Gum: always carries a pack or two around, even though he's not especially fond of chewing gum.

Feel free to comment and critisise while I do so :smallbiggrin:

*Passes out*

Terry576
2010-08-13, 07:45 PM
Finally finished my character at 2:38 AM, now to get some sleepsies!

Feel free to comment and critisise while I do so :smallbiggrin:

*Passes out*

He and Hisagi should be friends.

Friends who travel the world, disrespecting others, and wooing women!

Accidentally!

IN SPACE!

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-13, 07:58 PM
He's a bit similar to Catarino in the whole "no personal bubble" thing. :smalltongue:

riccaru
2010-08-13, 10:01 PM

Accidentally!

IN SPACE!

Wait, what? Also note I'm posting for interest.

Terry576
2010-08-13, 10:49 PM
Wait, what? Also note I'm posting for interest.

I combined all the ridiculous tropes I could.:smalltongue:

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-13, 11:08 PM
You forgot LARGE HAM.

But of course, only the Kazekage can do that. :smalltongue:

AmberVael
2010-08-14, 12:01 AM
I'm feeling creative today, so I made a simple picture of Rin creating a laser:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/HaradaRin.png

Terry576
2010-08-14, 12:05 AM
I'm feeling creative today, so I made a simple picture of Rin creating a laser:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/HaradaRin.png

d'aww. It's all pretty.:smallredface:

I hate all who draw better then me. DAMN MY HORRIBLE DRAWING SKILLS!

Hisagi still needs a close friend from Tokodawai(Sp?), to aid in his backstoreeee.

Innis Cabal
2010-08-14, 02:18 AM
Name: Hazuma Takeshi
Aliases: The Continuum Shift, Black Cat
Level: 2 (Though on Review, his level has been debated to raise to level 3)
Group: Judgment

Description

Takeshi is a standard youth, though slightly thin and seems almost nervous or expectant at all times. Takeshi is a rather typical looking boy of average height, with long black hair pulled back into a pony tail, though his bangs fall into his face constantly. He tends to be outspoken and loud and is widely known as a prankster in both Judgement and his Highschool both. Takeshi doesn’t talk about his home life much, though his teachers and Captain in Judgment know that his mother died early on in his life.

Though Takeshi is a member of Judgement, he is quite well known to be a bit of a slacker, working only when it's absolutly required of him, though when on a mission he's equally well known for going to extreme lengths to complete each job throughly, persuing secondary jobs linked up with the original mission. Due to his power, Takeshi's involvement in any given mission has a high chance of causing considerable colateral damage, even if he didn't intend to.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Continuum Shift

Takeshi’s AIM field exists as a singularity, intersecting all possible realities instantly and constantly. This power can either manifest as a conscious power or act on its own subconsciously depending on the time the power is used. Most often Continuum Shift is on its subconscious level, affecting the world around him in strange, sometimes good sometimes bad ways. To the casual observer, Takeshi’s power seems to be one of luck and chance, though this is far from the truth. In reality, Takeshi’s power is based around causality, pulling events and objects from other worlds he intersects into his own world. At this time, the power in its subconscious state can only cause minor occurrences; shifting him to sometimes disastrous end results (like winding up in the girls change room). Causing events drains Takeshi of his energy depending on how big an event he is attempting to cause is. Minor things such as locks changing to unlocked states, or punches missing take a moderate level of thought and energy, while stopping cars from hitting him, or other such large scale disasters drain him swiftly.

As a Gemstone, Takeshi’s AIM Field is stronger than artificially created Espers. This also means he is easier to detect by his AIM field.

Physical Traits

Tough: Due to the world seemingly acting out against him most times, Takeshi has become a rather tough kid, capable of taking more than a few punches.

Karate: Takeshi is a practitioner of the Ishin Ryu school of Karate, receiving his brown belt before

Mental Traits

High Alert: Takeshi notices changes in his surroundings almost even before they happen. This is also a drawback, as Takeshi seems almost paranoid or dodgy.

Speed Formulation: Because of his subconscious power, Takeshi has become adept at thinking on his feet at all times, and in combination to his high alertness, never seems out of his element or taken by surprise even by sudden changes in his surroundings.

Notable Equipment: While Takeshi is not known to carry too much on his person at a time (either because they disappear by latent shifts in realities or because he forgoes traveling heavy is uncertain)

Cigarettes: Takeshi is never without a pack of cigarettes. He is even known to use his power to refill his pack when it becomes empty.

Cell Phone: Takeshi is always in possession of a phone, though the number changes randomly as does the phone, so it is more important as a mode to contact other people, not for return calls. Those who attempt to do this every now and again will reach other phone owners from around Japan.

Shades of Gray
2010-08-14, 08:11 AM
Hisagi still needs a close friend from Tokodawai(Sp?), to aid in his backstoreeee.

Tokiwadai.

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-14, 08:37 AM

All metals, in fact, all substances, become magnetic in sufficiently powerful elctromagnetic field. Also, Mikoto can create millions of volts in the air around her, she can replace electromagnets with a rapidly fluctuating electromagnetic field to achieve the same end result.

(Same electromagnetic field should also logically heat up everything made of iron around her by hundreds of degrees due to electromagnetic induction, as well as fry everything electronic in close vicinity akin to EMP pulse. Does this happen in the manga?)

Anyways, here's my character:

"Oooh! Beating of your heart is music to my ears ~ <3 !"

Name: Fujii Hinata
Aliases: Well, "Pervert" seems to be used quite often...
Level: 1
Speech color: Dark red when speaking normally, Crimson when crossdressing.
Groups: -
Theme song! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1IOg2bq-MM)

Description:

Appearance: At 6 feet tall and weighing 157 lbs, Hinata is a tall, lean person. His facial features are rather fine and rounded for a male, giving him a very androgynous look - a trait he makes out the most. He tends to wear heavy make up, red lipstick and nail polish at bare minimum. His eyes are bronze, with a slight hint of green just around the pupils. His ears are pierced, and usually adorned by two heart-shaped earrings made of plain iron. He tends to keep his hair short - it's naturally light brown, though it's hard to notice as he changes its color as often as he does clothes, or wears a wig.

... speaking of clothes, there's likely not a dresscode in existence Hinata hasn't broken at some point. He often dresses in imitation some Visual Kei band or another, or as a girl. His wardrobe is mostly colored in white and varying hues of red, from pink to dark crimson. His most common attire consist of skin tight white jeans and a pink T-shirt with a black bunny skull on the front. Questioning his sexuality is met with either sappy flirtation or overt violence at random intervals.

Personality: Hinata's best described as someone who dances to his own tune, and sometimes bribes the band to play it for others as well. This doesn't mean he ignores social mores - he's well aware of them, and just cherrypicks which ones to obey depending on the situation. Only time he's guaranteed to behave himself is when he's focused on learning something new, which means school is one of the few places where he doesn't constantly cause, or get in, trouble.

He loves physical extertion, especially the sort that involves physical contact with other people. He's the sort of a person who throws cartwheels at the middle of a street just because, and tends to disregard concept of "personal space" because he likes making other people squirm. Previously thought to be caused by some more "normal" psychological deviancy, after discovery of his powers scientists have concluded Hinata's extrasensory abilities do indeed give him some form of pleasure when he touches other people.

Hinata loves aggressive music, and is often spotted listening to heavy metal with volume that'd make others' ears bleed. He also likes to sing aloud, though he isn't particularly good at it.

Background: From the age of 11, Hinata's been living in one of the many reformatories within sector 10. If asked why, he'll reply it's because he got "sick and tired" of his parents, and leave it at that. Between 13 and 15, he studied in Onizuka middle school and did moderately well, after which he went to Nagatenjouki Academy under sponsorship of a private medical company. Due to his place of residence and wild attitude, Hinata's is well acquianted and tends to hang out with many Skill Out gangs when he just has free time. To fund his numerous hobbies, he works part time in Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri, as a waiter (or maybe waitress would be a better word...). All in all, he's a busybusybusy person.

Abilities:

Esper Ability: Blood Control

Hinata's potential as an ESPer went unnoticed for a long time, as its most basic manifestations are passive and near-indistinquishable from normal workings of his body without extensive testing. His ability is properly identified as "extranormal analysis and control over molecular bonds of organic compounds". So far, it's limited to body of his own, or those he touches, and manifests as ability to control flow and contents of human and animal bloodstream in various ways. Potential medical applications of this ablity are the reason why a certain medical company has taken interest in Hinata, and is now sponsoring his studies in Nagatenjouki Academy. Hinata's curious about his abilities himself as well, and constantly strives to push them to new heights, though currently they are anything but impressive.

Effects of this power:

Level 1:

Stop or increase bleeding
Improve blood circulation, easing headaches and muscle pain.
...also, cause someone to blush involuntarily. Nosebleeds are also a possibility.

Level 2:

Limited control over skin and eye color - that is, he can decide how pale or blushy he looks, or have creepy red eyes.
Prevent oxygen from binding with hemoglobin, making himself / someone else feel nauseous, possibly causing fainting.
Control blood sugar and adrenaline levels, effectively boosting someone's strenght or robbing someone of energy. Also useful for treating diabetes or allergic shocks!

Level 3:

Cause thrombosis, causing muscle failure and potentially death.
Speed up or slow down creation of anitbodies within a body (cure poison and disease, in other words)
Force blood cells to replicate, replenishing lost blood supplies.

Level 4:

Identify someone by blood
Track people by stench of their blood
Permanently alter composure of someone's blood., potentially curing or causing effects similar to AIDS or hemophilia, or changing a person's blood type.
Alter full hormonal components of human body, affecting emotions, muscle growth, recovery from injuries and so forth.

Level 5:

Use all aforementioned abilities from range, without physically touching a person.
Use pressurized blood as a viable weapon.

Physical traits:

- Martial artist: Hinata is trained in Goju Ryu Karate and both civilian and military Krav Maga. After his increasingly eccentric behaviour got him kicked out from most conventional MA clubs, he's practiced his skills with (or against!) various Skill Out gangs, and as a result has large amounts of streetfighting experience. His slim frame belies surprising strenght and speed.

- Splendid dancer: ... not that combat is the only thing he uses his well-toned physique for. Hinata believes fighting and dancing are "part of the same thing", and uses what little time his other activities leave him to attend various dance classes, ranging from traditional to... exotic. He's not above showing this off, and has a tendency to grab hapless passerbys and integrate them to a spontaneous dance performance.

- Attractive crossdresser: much to dismay (or pleasure...) of the rest of the world, Hinata can impersonate the fairer sex very convincingly (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WholesomeCrossdresser).

- Perfect health: Hinata's never been sick for a day, and despite his.. active lifestyle, there isn't a single scar on his body. Previously brushed off as mere coincidence, current studies suggest this might be a passive effect of his ESP abilities.

Mental traits:

- Fast learner: the trait that's kept Hinata afloat in academic environment despite his delinquent behaviour. He's very good at picking up basic principles and memorizing trivia.

- Good actor: though he usually lacks the patience to keep any masquerade going for long, Hinata is fairly good at feigning emotions, or triggering them in others.

Notable equipment:

- black backpack, decorated with a number of luminous badges (silver skulls and red flowers). In addition to (or in place of) school books, it tends to contain a number of heavy metal CDs, spare clothes, rope, make up and, when he can get away with it, knives, chains and matches. Hinata refers to this container as his "man purse".

- a portable CD player. MP3 players? What are those?

... he's very much supposed to be a person who makes you feel dirty just by being present.

AmberVael
2010-08-14, 11:13 AM
Innis, I just have one question about your character:

Minor things such as locks changing to unlocked states, or punches missing take a moderate level of thought and energy, while stopping cars from missing him, or other such large scale disasters drain him swiftly.

Why on earth would he stop a car from missing him?
"Oh geez, that car isn't on a course to collide with me, better change that right quick!"
*splat*

Innis Cabal
2010-08-14, 11:42 AM
Because I wrote this up at around 1 am and in the middle of a starcraft game >.>

riccaru
2010-08-14, 11:51 AM
Because I wrote this up at around 1 am and in the middle of a starcraft game >.>

One or Two? Haha

Innis Cabal
2010-08-14, 11:57 AM
One, not paying Blizzard more money then they deserve.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-14, 11:57 AM

Accidentally!

IN SPACE!

They should be friends, we can't pass up the change to make Ho Yay jokes about riding the lightning* :smalltongue:

*Those Who Ride The Lightning is a title given to a group of speedsters related to the Flash.

He's a bit similar to Catarino in the whole "no personal bubble" thing. :smalltongue:

Speedtsers can't give people personal space, it's a rule!

Have you ever seen a speedtser hold a converstaion where they did not appear right next to someones face or leaning on them at least once? :smalltongue:

All metals, in fact, all substances, become magnetic in sufficiently powerful elctromagnetic field. Also, Mikoto can create millions of volts in the air around her, she can replace electromagnets with a rapidly fluctuating electromagnetic field to achieve the same end result.

(Same electromagnetic field should also logically heat up everything made of iron around her by hundreds of degrees due to electromagnetic induction, as well as fry everything electronic in close vicinity akin to EMP pulse. Does this happen in the manga?)

Anyways, here's my character:

... he's very much supposed to be a person who makes you feel dirty just by being present.

She messes with electronics and I don't think she ever wear anything metallic so I bet those happen to a degree.

I now have an urge to have Katsu respond to that blush trick by switching clothes with Hinata and appear behind Him just to see his reaction.

My mind is weird sometimes, weeeird.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-14, 12:49 PM
Yo everyone! Don't forget to put your character on the wiki if there's no objections or criticisms on it! Don't want to fall behind with something as important as that. :smallwink:

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-14, 03:03 PM

Yes.

'Kay, Callos.

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-14, 04:06 PM
I now have an urge to have Katsu respond to that blush trick by switching clothes with Hinata and appear behind Him just to see his reaction.

Why, he'd be busybusybusy trying to switch their clothes back. :smallwink:

@Callos: I'll get right to it... once I manage to scavenge my Wikidot account password from somewhere again. Last time, I changed it something I was sure I'd remember, but now I've forgotten it. XD

EDIT: Also, Mikoto should be able to use her powers for electric arc welding. Does she ever do that in the manga? Because she'd make an awesome construction worker.

Maybe I should just read the darn thing...

Mina Kobold
2010-08-14, 04:30 PM
Yo everyone! Don't forget to put your character on the wiki if there's no objections or criticisms on it! Don't want to fall behind with something as important as that. :smallwink:

Done!

Why, he'd be busybusybusy trying to switch their clothes back. :smallwink:

@Callos: I'll get right to it... once I manage to scavenge my Wikidot account password from somewhere again. Last time, I changed it something I was sure I'd remember, but now I've forgotten it. XD

EDIT: Also, Mikoto should be able to use her powers for electric arc welding. Does she ever do that in the manga? Because she'd make an awesome construction worker.

Maybe I should just read the darn thing...

Which Katsu will have done before he even gets to it. Just to see his reaction to grabbing for a shirt/hat/skirt/jacket that Katsu was wearing only to find that he is now wearing it himself again.

I was sure my password was unforgettable until you said that, turtle you and your making me anxious!

I don't think She'd want to be a construction worker, and nobody would dare tell her to :smalltongue:

You should

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-14, 04:36 PM
Zersk, Keveak what school do your characters go to? :smalltongue: That's part of what's meant by 'Groups'. :smallwink:

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-14, 04:54 PM
Oh. Well, they're both level 3, so that'd mean that Cici alone would go to Tokiwadai, right? But I don't want to split them up, so Onizuka would work. But their levels are pretty high...

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-14, 05:06 PM
Oh. Well, they're both level 3, so that'd mean that Cici alone would go to Tokiwadai, right? But I don't want to split them up, so Onizuka would work. But their levels are pretty high...

Cici wouldn't HAVE to go to Tokiwadai just because she's a Level 3, Onizuka still teaches espers of various levels. :smallsmile: I'll put them both down as Onizuka.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-14, 05:22 PM
Zersk, Keveak what school do your characters go to? :smalltongue: That's part of what's meant by 'Groups'. :smallwink:

The Index wiki had no pages about any school but Tokiwadai and I only noticed our wiki having them three minutes ago.

Onizuka and Azabu both sounds okay to me, which do you think Katsu would go to?

Terry576
2010-08-14, 05:23 PM
The Index wiki had no pages about any school but Tokiwadai and I only noticed our wiki having them three minutes ago.

Onizuka and Azabu both sounds okay to me, which do you think Katsu would go to?

He wants to get in trouble with Hisagi, Azabu.

But then you have to craft a rich backstory, which isn't that hard.

Just means more drama.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-14, 05:26 PM
Cici wouldn't HAVE to go to Tokiwadai just because she's a Level 3, Onizuka still teaches espers of various levels. :smallsmile: I'll put them both down as Onizuka.

Ah, okay. That's good then.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-14, 05:48 PM
He wants to get in trouble with Hisagi, Azabu.

Just means more drama.

Most students frequent the same places after school as evident by the manga and our wiki but OK :smallsmile:

A rich backstory? Like this?:

Rich dude:I'll give you a turtlalot of money if you can get my hat down from that three
Katsu: OK!
:smalltongue:

Or I could just have him in dept to a rich uncle or something, whichever is most fun.

Terry576
2010-08-14, 05:56 PM
Most students frequent the same places after school as evident by the manga and our wiki but OK :smallsmile:

A rich backstory? Like this?:

Rich dude:I'll give you a turtlalot of money if you can get my hat down from that three
Katsu: OK!

Or I could just have him in dept to a rich uncle or something, whichever is most fun.

The first one is funnier.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-14, 06:15 PM
Okay, on the rumours page of the wiki, the Cybernetic Rampancy is something that sounds like Cici's doing. :smallamused:

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-14, 06:19 PM

Just means more drama.

Azabu is more 'prestigious' then 'wealthy' though only upper-middle class could probably afford the tuition and other things.

Just a helpful suggestion. :smallwink:

Terry576
2010-08-14, 06:23 PM
Azabu is more 'prestigious' then 'wealthy' though only upper-middle class could probably afford the tuition and other things.

Just a helpful suggestion. :smallwink:

Gah.

Keep it up and I'll have to read the manga.

But if I do that, then I'll read the main manga!

And then I'll go on and read another!

NOOOOOOoooooooooo

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-14, 06:26 PM
Well, it could be worse. If you were still part of NarutoITP, you might start reading Franken Fran to understand that Medical-Nin I'm working on, which would possibly cause you to barf up your own stomach. :smallamused:

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-14, 06:46 PM
Gah.

Keep it up and I'll have to read the manga.

But if I do that, then I'll read the main manga!

And then I'll go on and read another!

NOOOOOOoooooooooo

This is a case of not reading our wiki. :smallamused: Seriously, the one Shades linked to in the first post, the one you've used. Yesssss, my plan to destroy Terry is coming to fruitition.

Terry576
2010-08-14, 06:48 PM
This is a case of not reading our wiki. :smallamused: Seriously, the one Shades linked to in the first post, the one you've used. Yesssss, my plan to destroy Terry is coming to fruitition.

I DID READ THE WIKI!

Several times.

Curse you... Shades...

And curse YOU Callos...

Willpower weakening... MUST RESIST...

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-14, 06:48 PM

I believe you mean, "Kch, my plan to destroy Terry is coming to fruition. Kch."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-14, 08:25 PM
I believe you mean, "Kch, my plan to destroy Terry is coming to fruition. Kch."

It's not as sneaky if I use the dark red. :smallwink: So I can't use my Goro voice.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-14, 08:26 PM
You know what I meant. :smalltongue:

Terry576
2010-08-14, 08:28 PM
Alright, enough trying to destroy me.

When do we start? :smalltongue: I'd rather not have the same thing that happened to Reborn, where we spent so long figuring out plots that it became hard to do anything happen here.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-14, 08:58 PM
Not until at least Sunday, when 13 gets back. We've worked out a couple of ideas for beginning plots, but honestly we could use some more time to work out the kinks. I don't want to set a set date for this to start (in case I'm wrong) but at the earliest it'd probably be Wednesday to give people time to finish up their characters, beginning plots, and for people to return from trips/feel better (I know our resident Index/Railgun expert is sick right now and definitely want to give her time to recover at least).

Will it be the same obscene wait before Reborn started? No, but you still have some time if you want to make more characters or work with people on making your own plots.:smallwink:

@EDIT: Terry, Sakurako can be the one from Tokuwadai that Hisagi knows if no one else volunteers. ^.^

13_CBS
2010-08-15, 02:29 PM
I return!

First, I must read through all the new characters.

Did I miss anything important while I was gone?

Mina Kobold
2010-08-15, 03:12 PM
I return!

First, I must read through all the new characters.

Did I miss anything important while I was gone?

You were gone? :smalltongue:

Well, Terry is apparently easily addicted to comics, I finished my speedster character and we have assigned our characters to their respective schools :smallsmile:

Terry576
2010-08-15, 05:25 PM
Not until at least Sunday, when 13 gets back. We've worked out a couple of ideas for beginning plots, but honestly we could use some more time to work out the kinks. I don't want to set a set date for this to start (in case I'm wrong) but at the earliest it'd probably be Wednesday to give people time to finish up their characters, beginning plots, and for people to return from trips/feel better (I know our resident Index/Railgun expert is sick right now and definitely want to give her time to recover at least).

Will it be the same obscene wait before Reborn started? No, but you still have some time if you want to make more characters or work with people on making your own plots.:smallwink:

@EDIT: Terry, Sakurako can be the one from Tokuwadai that Hisagi knows if no one else volunteers. ^.^

Kaaaaay~

That'll be fun. :smallsmile:

I just realized that Hisagi's the only guy with a backstory. :smallconfused:

One of few that is.

13_CBS
2010-08-15, 05:33 PM
Kaaaaay~

That'll be fun. :smallsmile:

I just realized that Hisagi's the only guy with a backstory. :smallconfused:

My four characters (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters:yoshikawa-futae) would disagree (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters:yoshikawa-hitomi) with that (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters:yoshikawa-sanmin) statement. (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters:satoku-masaki)

Terry576
2010-08-15, 05:37 PM
My four characters (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters:yoshikawa-futae) would disagree (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters:yoshikawa-hitomi) with that (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters:yoshikawa-sanmin) statement. (http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/characters:satoku-masaki)

ONE OF FEW.

Izzat better?

Oh, and Kerfluffle started the KHitP (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164146) thread.

AmberVael
2010-08-15, 05:51 PM
ONE OF FEW.

Izzat better?

CBS has four characters with backstories.
Rin has a backstory.
Hisagi has a backstory.
Hinata has a backstory.

That's 7 characters. There are 13 total on the wiki.

Therefore, your character is part of the majority.

So... no, not better. :smalltongue:

Terry576
2010-08-15, 05:53 PM
CBS has four characters with backstories.
Rin has a backstory.
Hisagi has a backstory.
Hinata has a backstory.

That's 7 characters. There are 13 total on the wiki.

Fine.

*runs off to play Oblivion.

With mods.*

13_CBS
2010-08-15, 05:59 PM

Fine.

With mods.*

http://alllayedout.com/Images/Owned_Pics/graphics/baseball_owned.jpg

riccaru
2010-08-15, 09:34 PM
Fine.

With mods.*

HAXXXXX!!!! *throws computer monitor*

Well I was kind of bored and interested in joining this, and came up with a cool idea that I thought I'd run by you guys. Not really sure about what level or affiliation he should have, was just thinking I would make him into whatever the story needed.

Name: Hibiki Akira
Aliases: Reverb
Level: ?
Group: ?

Description:

Thin, lean, and athletic, Akira isn't much different physically than most other teenagers, apart from maybe the worn out shoes and constantly changing headphones. He has medium-length black hair and striking green eyes. Akira is quite intelligent despite his lack of education before middle school, but never seems to be paying attention.

Born into a family with intense marital troubles, Akira would often use his headphones to drown out the noise of drunken fights. Eventually, he decided he could no longer live there and made his way into the streets, stealing as he needed and always keeping his headphones to remember his past. After years of being homeless, he was adopted by a family who had recently lost a child of his age. After being put into school, Akira astonished instructors with the speed at which he discovered his ability. Finding new hope in his esper powers, Akira now works to improve his gift tirelessly.

Esper Ability: Distortion Amp

Akira is able to manipulate, and at higher levels, even create, the vibrations that make up sound. This gives him a host of abilities ranging from simple sound amplification to using vibrations to inflict massive damage upon a target. Repeated use of his abilities has allowed him to create a simple "sonar" where he can use vibrations he creates to "see" into places that normally he could not, such as behind a wall or into a building.

Level 1:
*Amplify noises, allowing him much better-than-average hearing
*Suppress noise (whenever a bit of quiet is needed)
-(Both of these apply to every sound he hears)

Level 2:
*Can selectively amplify and quiet noises he hears, allowing him to pick out a specific voice or noise from even the loudest crowd

Level 3:
*Can affect noises others perceive, allowing him to eliminate any noise he creates, such as from walking, breathing, or talking. (Makes him silent no matter what he does)
*Is able to create short, high energy bursts of noise within a 10ft radius around him, which can be enough to knock out or permanently deafen an individual. He must be able to clearly see where he will make the noise, or he risks injuring his own hearing.
*Can send out vibrations through a structure to determine a rough inside layout, as long as he is touching a part of that structure. He can only determine the size and shapes of the rooms, though, not what is inside them. This action is fairly draining, and repeated use can easily wear him out. The larger the building, the more drain he feels.

Level 4:
*He can now create vibrations powerful enough to physically affect other objects within a 35 ft radius around him. This power is heavily affected by the amount of ambient noise already around. In a silent field, he is only able to create the force of a strong punch, but in a crowded street he could easily destroy a wall. He no longer needs a line of sight to create vibrations, as long as it is within 10ft of his position. He still must clearly see where he is creating the vibrations outside of that area, or he can inflict damage upon himself.
*Can suppress the noises of others and allow them the same hearing proficiencies as him. He must personally pick which sounds are amplified to them, and can only apply these effects to 4 other individuals at any time. This can only be used with a person's consent, as any resistance from the individual will nullify the effects.
*Can actively protect self from any audio-related attacks (such as Capacity Down). Because of the aggressive nature of such sound, it is far harder to suppress than normal sounds. Doing this requires great concentration and severely limits the use of his other powers, and also forces him to rest afterwards to regain the use of his abilities.
*Can now recognize the presence of individuals inside a building that he scans, as well as what sort of furniture is inside, but his perception of the interior is still fairly rough. This ability is much easier to perform, but overuse can still be draining on him.

Level 5:
*Practically all limits on his abilities are lifted: He could silence the movements of a small army and create vibrations powerful enough to bring down a building, with enough effort. He now can create these vibrations within a 100ft radius around him.
* He can also apply his level one and two powers to others, even against their will. The drawback is that he himself must suffer the same effects as his target. If he eliminates their hearing, then his is gone as well, and likewise "raising the volume" of another person's hearing will make things just as loud for him.
*All his abilities become far more accurate, as well. He can determine the exact size and shape of any object inside a building he scans, and could even recognize a face if he had seen it before.
* He also can agitate and accelerate vibrations around him so much that he can create "blades" of vibrations in an area around him, with which he could easily cut through all but the strongest of materials. This is by far his most costly ability to use, and is limited to a 15ft radius around him.
*He no longer has to see the area in which he uses any of his abilities, as long as he knows its relative position. By using vibrations, he can look past walls into other spaces, and use that knowledge to create distortions in places he cannot directly see.

Other Uses:

He can create vibrations defensively as well, by creating or manipulating vibrations that are just as strong as the force of the incoming attack. Doing this is no harder than it would be if it was offensive, but it often results in the destruction of whatever is coming towards him. For instance, a car would suffer damage comparable to crashing into a wall at whatever speed it is traveling, and a person's hand could easily be broken. His defensive capability is limited to the same strength as his offensive, and he must know which direction the attack is coming from. He can even block a bullet at level 5 if he can see it coming (subconscious reflex, only works in dire situations) , but is helpless if caught off guard by an attack. A defensive use of his ability is just as draining as an offensive use of the same strength.

Because of his proficiency in seeing with vibrations at level 3 or higher, he is still capable of moving around and even fighting if blinded in some way. His accuracy is affected by the level of his perception with vibrations, and he would only dare to use his abilities freely if he was level 5, but he is certainly not useless if he loses his sight.

Manipulating vibrations is far easier than creating them, and while he can create some noise by blasting the music in his headphones, he can perform more powerful moves with less fatigue in the presence of loud noise than in silence.

Physical Traits

Acrobatic: Being forced to move through a city stealing to live tends to make a person a bit better at moving around. While not quite a parkour expert, Akira is right at home vaulting over walls and climbing through windows.

Precise Fighter: Being a small guy that gets caught up in street fights meant he had to find a way to be more agile and accurate than most. He knows just where to hit to make it hurt, even if he isn't as strong as his opponent.

Heightened Reflexes: As a result of the previous two traits, Akira has trained himself to make split-second moves under pressure, making him fast with his body and even faster with his abilities.

Mental Traits

Street Credz: Living on the street for years has resulted in Akira making a lot of friends around the city. Through them he has access to lots of information, or even some backup in a pinch.

Near-Photographic Memory: A trait he's always had, Akira can memorize almost anything he sees or hears, allowing him to remember a floorplan or even someone's voice.

Empathetic: Perhaps an odd result of the trauma he experienced, Akira can't stand watching someone or something in pain. Animals and people alike, he has an extreme aversion to causing harm. Even if he is in a fight to the death, he would much rather simply incapacitate his enemy than kill them.

Notable Equipment:

Top of the Line Headphones: Always a thief, Akira makes it his business to procure the best audio gear he can find. He is never without a set of headphones, and only removes them if absolutely necessary.

Edit: Changed stuff based on suggestions, will keep doing so as more problems arise.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-15, 10:58 PM
First off, welcome to the game! Always nice to see a new face and hopefully you'll find the community here to be friendly and whatnot. On the subject of your character though...

There's uh...a couple things that stand out to me.

-The fact that, he's able to consciously react with his powers against things like...bullets. At Level 4 and up, that pretty much means guns/explosions/etc will longer even be a threat to him. Which means unless a large force of Anti-Skill or MAR decides to put the pressure on him, he can ignore any non-esper enemy entirely. This seems problematic.

-He's specifically immune to one of the few things that is directly made to counter espers, and he does it passively. That's never a good sign. Why does he need to be passively immune to a very specific counter?

-Specifically going out of your way to mention it can affect another's abilities, even going so far as to name that person, is another thing that's not a good sign in my personal experience. Why? I mean...I can see it happening as a side-effect of someone's powers, but you specifically name light and then Rin. I don't think you meant it as such, but it feels like you are singling Rin out. ((Though this is somewhat blurred by the fact that I'm not sure how sound is affecting photons...:smallconfused:))

-I'm also wondering how he his reflexes got so good in the first place. Reacting fast enough to consciously affect bullets? Big big surprise. How'd his reflexes get so good?

Those are the four problems I see, right off the top of my head. ^.^;

That said, I think he has an interesting background dynamic going on for him and it'd be interesting to see where he ends up and what he ends up doing once these issues are handled. :smallsmile: Hopefully we can get these kinks worked out so everyone is happy.

nothingclever
2010-08-15, 11:30 PM
Well I finally settled on something so here it is:

Name: Kan Kei (完 慶)
Level: 4
Groups: Judgment
School: Azabu

Description:

Appearance:
Kei has black shaggy shoulder length hair. His eyes are dark brown. He’s slim and well muscled. He wears his uniform in and outside of school. Kei usually has a look of sly confidence and a carefree air about him. His skin is lightly tanned. His face is smooth, handsome and generally considered pretty friendly looking. He only puts on his Judgment armband when he’s actively patrolling.

Personality:
Kei is an easygoing and friendly person. He’s kind but not to a fault. He has a good sense of humour and is a pretty tolerant guy in general. He doesn’t really take any pride in being a member of Judgment or getting great grades. Being in the organization is just a way for him to pass time and get some occasional excitement. He could use his power on himself but he choose not to do because he’d like to solve any problems he has without special aids. He also doesn’t use his powers on people unless he is first given permission to do so or he is fighting to protect someone. He figures others probably feel the way he does and even if they don’t he respects their right not to have their minds tampered with. Kei doesn’t mind school and studying. He’s simply developed good habits and is indifferent towards it. He doesn’t feel it gets in the way of his life, he fully accepts it as part of it. He enjoys reading for educational and entertainment purposes. He likes to keep himself in top shape and prefers martial arts over any other sports because of the unique individual challenge they provide.

Background: Kei comes from a wealthy loving family. He never lacked anything but that hasn't caused him to become a spoiled brat since he got ample lessons in discipline and modesty. His powers grew fast with training and he's found the study programs interesting and even somewhat fun. Throughout his life with his parents Kei was raised to be an overachiever. They didn't put constant pressure on him to succeed, instead they constantly tried to get him involved in various educational activities at a young age so that he'd learn to like and treat them as a normal part of everyday life. Their substantial wealth has allowed him a spot in Azabu within the separate more luxurious dormitory.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Bliss Maker
Kei has the power to make people experience pleasure just by looking at them. The pleasure generated can be very slight or far stronger than any other known kind. It can be so overwhelming that it hampers the usage of powers by afflicted espers. It can also cause temporary or total paralysis, numbing of senses, disorientation, loss of coordination and concentration, unconsciousness and even death by over-stimulation. Kei is able to choose whether a target feels physical or mental pleasure or a combination of the two. He can target individual areas of the body or its entirety. Kei can counteract any pain felt by an injury using his powers as well as relieve mental and physical stress. A person frozen by fear or depression can be made to overcome such feelings temporarily. A person filled with anger and the intent to harm Kei could have his violent emotional urges momentarily suppressed making any remaining active desire to attack him largely based on logic. Someone that tries to attack him with little logical motivation might lose all interest in continuing their assault.

Kei’s power doesn’t rid people of negative feelings by default. It drowns them out with positive feelings. Sometimes people may shed certain emotions and desires because the experience is so moving. It’s possible for people exposed to his ability to develop an addiction to it but it isn’t necessarily inherently addictive to anyone.

He is capable of targeting multiple people simultaneously but doing so takes more concentration and the force of his ability on individuals is lessened for each additional person he splits his attention among. In order for Kei to use Bliss Maker he must be able to see his targets. The farther away from him they are the less effective his power is. The reverse is naturally true. His touch can be extremely debilitating and potentially lethal.

His power can be resisted but it is hard to do so when it is applied unexpectedly or when a person has had no prior exposure to it. It cannot immediately cause great harm to anyone unless they have a very weak will or little psychic energy or they are being touched by him. Pleasure created by Bliss Maker quickly fades after use and can take a variety of forms according to what Kei wishes. As an example a person may feel very relaxed and content or excited and energized.

Physical Traits:
-Great Physical Shape: Kei is naturally athletic and enjoys exercising. He’s got an impressive combination of strength, stamina and coordination for his age.
-Self-Defence Training: Kei’s learned a variety of combat techniques from multiple martial arts and has substantial real fighting experience.

Mental Traits:
-Academic Excellence: Kei isn’t the typical high-strung student at Azabu Academy. He does quite well in school and doesn’t find studying to be much of a hassle. He doesn’t really like it either though.

Notable Equipment:
Standard judgment handcuffs and a cell phone.

I figure the power can be pretty strong but a zillion things can defeat him such as someone with a gun/projectile attack and good aim. Obviously it's only as potent/fast as plot dictates. I'll try adding more details to the character but I just can't think of much now.

Alright, ignore the reference to the other character (just remove that part of the ability) then. I'll admit that was odd.

As for the bullets part, I'll specify that he can only do that at level 5, and he's able to react that quickly because it's more of a subconscious thing (Something like Accelerator, but requiring actual visual contact with the item). Also, doing something like that takes an effort to match the force of whatever is heading towards him. In the case of a bullet, it's a pretty decent force, and it's not like he could take a constant barrage of them. It's more like in a pinch he would be able to deflect a bullet or two to save his life.

As for the immunity to Capacity Down, it just seems like a person able to control sound would have some sort of resistance against it. I'm thinking now though that it's only for him (can't help others), and still keep the short time limit even at level 5. (about 10 minutes or so?) Protecting himself also limits his other abilities, so it's more like a way for him to escape it than to ignore it.

Everything sounds so much less broken when you're tired and bored. I'm sure there's other stuff like that in there, so keep the feedback coming.

13_CBS
2010-08-15, 11:45 PM
Well I was kind of bored and interested in joining this, and came up with a cool idea that I thought I'd run by you guys. Not really sure about what level or affiliation he should have, was just thinking I would make him into whatever the story needed. I included a couple of things to make him into a possible villain character, (immunity to Capacity Down and a counter-ability to Harada Rin) but honestly I could go any way at this point. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello! Welcome to Academy City In the Playground! :smallbiggrin:

We'd have to talk to see whether or not Akira would be a villain or good guy, but if he's in school (and judging from his age) he will probably qualify to be a 3rd year Junior High student, and given his...rough background he'd probably fit best in Onizuka Middle School. Of course, the more prestigious Azabu Middle School is also an option if you want Akira to encounter draconic teachers and a completely different environment from the streets.

As for Akira's powers, I have nothing to add on top of what Callos has already said aside from emphasizing some of Callos' points:

1) Akira's reflexes are very quick indeed if he has sufficient reflexes to react to bullets, and his power doesn't seem to make them that much faster. Is there a reason why Akira's reflexes seem so superhuman?

2) I must also question the science behind sound waves being able to affect photons. Sound waves, as far as I know, are generated when atoms vibrate in a specific way; I'm unfamiliar with any sonic phenomena that can affect eectromagnetic waves to the extent that one could be protected from them. Could you explain your reasoning for this?

But, those are details we can easily work out.

Again, welcome to Academy City ITP! :smallbiggrin: Be sure to sit still when Callos harvests your kidneys: he hates it when they struggle.

Edit: And then I get ninja'ed. Lovely. :smallannoyed:

@ Nothingclever: I'll get to you tomorrow. :smallamused:

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-16, 12:02 AM
I thought that Callos only harvested kidneys for NarutoITP? Ah well, no matter.

Anyway, I have an idea for my characters' higher levels, but I'm not sure if it's overpowered or something.

2) I must also question the science behind sound waves being able to affect photons. Sound waves, as far as I know, are generated when atoms vibrate in a specific way; I'm unfamiliar with any sonic phenomena that can affect eectromagnetic waves to the extent that one could be protected from them. Could you explain your reasoning for this?

That was just a wierd, crazy idea I had that doesn't make a lot of sense in retrospect. It is removed as well.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-16, 12:24 AM
As for the immunity to Capacity Down, it just seems like a person able to control sound would have some sort of resistance against it. I'm thinking now though that it's only for him (can't help others), and still keep the short time limit even at level 5. (about 10 minutes or so?) Protecting himself also limits his other abilities, so it's more like a way for him to escape it than to ignore it.

It's moreso the 'passive part' that made me stop and stare, cause it implies he's constantly warping all of the noise around him. I'm not so worried if he just has some resistance and ability to protect himself with some strain though.

It's just that Capcity Down can and should remain a rare and powerful tool, seeing a defense against it just...crop up was abit of a of a surprise.:smallsmile:

Mina Kobold
2010-08-16, 09:53 AM
All this talk about sound had me realising something.

Katsu won't be moving at full speed most of the time to avoid deafening people with the sonic boom.

Though it would be cool to have him make one if he ever ended up fighting Akira, the battle would be audible several cities away! or he could use it to play an audible air guitar :smalltongue:

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-16, 11:11 AM
Also, a question for all players...how would you all feel about starting the game in the fall/winter (In-game that is)? It serves as a nice difference compared to....just about every other game that starts in the spring or in summer.

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-16, 11:17 AM
Sure, why not? Just tell what kind of climate conditions should we expect.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-16, 11:45 AM
I got no problem with starting In Fall or Winter.

Or Fwintall for that matter.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-16, 11:51 AM
No problem here either.

nothingclever
2010-08-16, 12:00 PM
It's fine with me.

13_CBS
2010-08-16, 12:39 PM
Average Tokyo weather: (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298184-s208/Tokyo:Japan:Weather.And.When.To.Go.html)

Autumn is from September to November, and is generally cooler with less humidity. However, if you visit during September there may still be days that reach above 30°C. Fall is always a welcome relief with clear blue skies and beautiful flowers. Average temperatures range from 13°C to 26°C (56°F to 78°F).

Winter is from December to February, characterized by chilly and gray days. Even though temperatures rarely fall below freezing, snow showers occur from time to time in the center of the city (even though it rarely piles up). Days are short with sunset around 5:00pm. Average temperatures range from -1°C to 9°C (29°F to 48°F).

@ Nothingclever: I've found nothing of concern about Kei. :smallbiggrin:

13_CBS
2010-08-16, 07:43 PM
Sorry for the double post, but my other character:

Meanwhile, new character:

Tennori Masahito

Family Name: Tennori, 佃敬 (佃(ten: "rice field) 敬 (nori: "honor") (aka Tenkei: "oracle"))

Given Name: Masahito, 全智 (全 (Masa: "all") 智 (Hito: "wisdom") (aka Zenchi: "omniscience"))

Aliases: Boss, Ghost

Level: 5

Groups: Leader of the Psyche Hunters Skill-Out gang

Appearance: For someone his age, Masahito is rather short and thin. He has short hair and tends to go about wearing some combination of t shirt and jeans; overall, a rather nondescript appearance. His almost pitch black eyes, however, exhibit a great shrewdness, and seem to draw in all there is to see about whatever he gazes at, though of late they are also haunted by guilt and doubt.

Personality: Masahito is calculating, intelligent, and very serious when on the job. Around his fellow Psyche Hunters ("the family", as he calls it), however, he is much more easygoing; casual, even. Because of his upbringing he tends to hold on to a relatively polite way of speech, though Skill Out slang tends to leak in every once in a while. He has a tendency to regard with suspicion anyone who seems to be a level 3 or higher ESPer, and cold hatred for ESPers who bully the weak.

Recently, however, paranoia and a lack of confidence have started to creep into his personality. The recent split that formed in the Psyche Hunters, and his crushing defeat at the hands of someone he used to call a close friend, has damaged his morale and confidence.

Abilities
Esper Ability: Remote Sensing (aka Ghost)
Basic Function: Level Five Remote Sensing allows Masahito to, in essence, shape his AIM Field into simulacra of his sensory organs, allowing him to see, hear, feel, taste, and smell has he normally could at any location within 10 miles. His senses themselves are not improved; he can simply use them at any location he chooses. At level five, his power is such that he can essentially use what most would call "Astral Projection" or an out of body experience, which is where he gets his nickname "Ghost", and allows him to detect AIM Fields and gauge their approximate power (though he must witness the ESPer's abilities first hand to know what their power actually is).

This means that usual sensor jamming tactics will not work on him. Placing Masahito in a sound proof room, however, means that he will simply use his power to set up a listening post for himself just outside the room: blinding his eyes will simply mean that he must use his powers at all times to see: a stuffy nose can also be overcome in a similar fashion. Things like smokescreens are pointless unless the target he needs to see is also inside the smokescreen, and so forth.

The primary weakness of Remote Sensing is that it mimics the senses perhaps too well; because stimuli are received and channeled to Masahito's brain through his AIM Field, overloading his senses is easily possible. If he sees something too bright, or feels something too hot or cold, or hears something too loud, or smells something unpleasant, or tastes something foul, then he will react as he would if he sensed those things with his physical organs.

Remote Sensing is also just that: Remote Sensing. He cannot directly interact with the physical world. He can see, but he can't block light with his ability: he can hear, but can't dampen sound: he can touch, but he can't apply any force to the object he's touching: and so forth.

Masahito has up to 8 "sensory slots", which is the maximum number of false sensory organs he can have active at once. The 8 slots can be filled with any combination of Sight, Smell, Hearing (including vibrations transmitted through solid objects), Taste, and Touch (including thermal sensors as well as normal texture sensing). The more sensory slots are filled up, however, the more concentration he must expend. Masahito can move around and perform normal actions at full capacity as long as he doesn't have more than 2 slots filled; up to five slots can be filled without him having to sit down and concentrate. Masahito can concentrate on 8 sensory slots at once for only an hour at a time.

Additional Uses:
Such an ability has proved to be very flexible. Ghost allows him to use the following abilities:

Lie Detection: by listening to the speaker's heartbeat and hearing how it changes, Masahito can try to see if the speaker is lying to him. Sufficiently cool headed and skilled liars can still fool this ability, however.

Hidden Item Search: by extending his sense of touch, he can give someone a pat down without them ever knowing it, allowing Masahito to see whether or not someone his trying to hide an object in their clothing. He can search inside bags as well, though since bags are often closed he can only feel his way around the insides of the bag.

Information Theft: he can spy on people to steal information from them. By watching people type, listening to people carelessly talk about sensitive info, and reading documents left around, he can pick up on private data that would otherwise require high risk infiltration.

Physical Traits
Athleticism: Masahito has slightly above average athleticism, a requirement for surviving in District 10. His physical strength is somewhat lacking, however, due to his skin and bones physique and lack of height.

Mental traits
Multitasking: Because he's used to keeping track of multiple senses at once, MAsahito has learned how to divide up his concentration effectively, allowing him to keep in mind several things at once.

Papa Wolf: Don't mess with the Psyche Hunters. Don't bully the weak. Do either of those, and he will bring down the hammer upon you like a righteous god.

Charisma: Despite his unimpressive stature, Masahito has a knack for building trust among people. This has netted him a lot of friends and, later on, gang recruits.

History:

Masahito was born into the Tennori family with luxury and talent. Growing up, he led a privileged life with little hardship, and did his family proud when he trained his psychic powers to level five at an astonishingly young age. As his parents expected of him, he moved to Academy City and took part in various ESPer research programs while attending Azabu Academy. Life went well for him; he was popular, did well in everything he did, and believed that he helped Academy City improve its knowledge of AIM Fields substantially.

One day, out of curiosity, Masahito used Ghost on a certain laboratory while waiting for his next research session. He discovered to his horror the cold, uncaring attitude the City's researchers had for their test subjects and that all too many of the projects were funded and approved of by the City's Board of Directors itself. Over the course of several days after this enlightenment, he used his power to peer into the deepest, darkest corners of Academy City, and saw things that at first horrified him, but later gave him the conviction to topple the City's rulers and bring the system they built crashing down.

And so Masahito fled to District 10. He did his best to earn the trust of one of the Skill Out gangs there, the Psyche Hunters, and he quickly proved himself to be immensely useful to their cause, despite his status as a Level Five ESPer. He made his share of allies and friends among the Psyche Hunters, such as Mujou Ikisawa, but he never quite earned the trust of all of them, something that would come back to haunt him.

After Masahito's predecessor was killed in a mission, Masahito was selected to become the new leader of the Psyche Hunters. Things continued as usual, but Masahito made the mistake of taking the trust of his Psyche Hunters for granted. Many of the Psyche Hunters were becoming impatient at Masahito's strict ethical code. Meanwhile, Masahito believed that he had no reason to spy on his own family, thus allowing the malcontents scheme with ease. It all culminated one day when Ikisawa brutally beat Masahito and seceded his pack of followers from the Psyche Hunters, thus forming the Pysche Raiders.

Broken in body, Masahito today is also badly shaken by what he believes was Ikisawa's betrayal. He is currently preparing his gang to break up the Psyche Raiders, claiming that they will do more bad than good in the fight to stop the abuse of people by ESPers...but is there another reason why he wants to stop the Raiders so badly?

Should flesh out the Skill Out a bit more.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-16, 10:03 PM
Another protagonist, but one unlikely to bother most other characters unless they go picking a fight with him.

Mujou Ikisawa

Family Name: Mujou ('Illusionary/dream castle', can also mean 'ruthless' or 'heartless')

Given Name: Ikisawa ('The feeling is swift' if you play around with the kanji)

Aliases: "Red Oni"

Level: 0

Groups: Leader of the Psyche Raiders Skill-Out gang

Appearance: For someone his age, Ikisawa's build can only be described as heroic. He stands a head above most average sized adults and his lanky form is dominated by lean, compact muscles that were built up over many turbulent years. His black hair is swept back away from his face, revealing piercing brown eyes that have made more then a couple people uncomfortable to look into. More importantly though he has a sort of...bestial charisma about him, a magnetism that draws others to him and usually to fall under his sway as well. He's dangerous as most people passing by would say, something that has appealed to some.

For clothing he wears a black basketball jersey (though no numbers or logos on it) that's tucked into his pants. A long red jacket rests on his shoulders, giving him free access to it's many pockets if need be. His belt is studded with metal spikes while his jeans are ripped and torn from past fights, the pants legs tucked into black combat boots polished to a mirror shine. Usually one can see a dented metal baseball bat held loosely in one hand, or a large duffel bag slung over one shoulder. The only time he lacks either (or both) is when he knows he'll be searched.

Personality: Ikisawa has been likened to a revolutionary by some and as a terrorist by others, it depends on how firmly one believes in his ideals. That means, to most espers, he's nothing but a terrorist who shows a bit more consideration then others. To some Level 0's who find themselves downtrodden in a city that only cares about abilities though, he's nothing more then a hero who's doing to best to make sure their voice is still heard. Which helps considering he seems to have more then simple destruction on his mind, holding several rallies and public speeches to try and give others like himself some pride while reminding those with abilities they can't just blow off those without.

To further that last goal, he's held several live...demonstrations of administering justice to espers who have abused their abilities or caused significant harm to others with their abilities. No one has been killed, yet, but the Psychic Raiders and himself have hospitalized more then a few people because of the 'crimes' they've committed. Some people blame his entire 'agenda' on the fact that he's a hot-headed young man, unwilling to take a back seat while others try to solve a problem the diplomatic way. He always wants to take action against the injustices he sees while his magnetic personality has drawn others of like mind and methods to his side, swelling the Psychic Raiders' numbers by a fair bit. This isn't to say he hates all espers, but he doesn't trust them and is always just waiting for them to step out of line like he believes they always will. His methods may be a bit...reckless and dangerous, but Ikisawa has been adamant about not drawing innocents into his fight which has earned him some grudging respect from Anti-Skill and Judgement who are still trying to find him within District 10 on numerous charges.

Despite his impulsive nature, Ikisawa has a sort of animal cunning about him. He's not book smart, having dropped out of school, but he can still lay complex ambushes and traps to combat more powerful foes when normal tactics just won't work. His ferocity in battle has earned him the moniker the 'Red Oni' from the Psychic Raiders, and it's begun to spread too. With his recent defeat of a Level 5, his confidence has grown and he's become more aggressive in his raids, attacks, and rallies.

Abilities
Esper Ability: None

[B]Physical Traits
Athleticism: Ikisawa is in great physical shape and pushes his limits constantly whenever his schedule allows for it. Naturally he can't challenge espers with abilities related to strength, speed, or endurance (not well anyway) but for a regular human his abilities are formidable. He uses cunning plans to make up for the power gap between himself and his enemies.

Shooting & Explosive: As weird as it is for a kid like him to know this sort of stuff, Ikisawa spent a year or two abroad in America while he was still in school and learned proper gun handling and shooting while he was there. This is a skill he still keeps honed. Ikisawa won't be winning any marksmanship competitions, but he has a keen instinct for putting a bullet (rubber or otherwise) where he needs to put it. His knowledge of explosives is...rudimentary. He couldn't create a multi-phase explosive that would require a bomb squad to dispose of, but with the right materials he's learned how to fashion timed and triggered explosives

Street-fighting: Ikisawa doesn't know any fancy tricks to fighting, meaning some martial artists would hold an edge over him in this area, but he has years of experience in fighting on the streets and fighting dirty. It won't be a clean victory, but most people would be foolish to fight him head on in hand-to-hand. Especially since he's likely to practice his batting if he gets the chance.

Mental traits
Animal magnetism: Like his former friend, Ikisawa is good at drawing people to him, but that's were it ends for him. He needs to create his own bonds with those who seek to join him, sometimes laboriously since he's a bit...rigid when it comes to his beliefs.

Cunning: He's far from book smart, but if he watches something enough then Ikisawa can figure out how it works in his own terms. This has also lead to it being difficult to predict where he'll act next, an immense help in keeping Judgement and Anti-Skill off his back.

Notable Equipment:

-Baseball Bat: Unless he's specifically prohibited from carrying it with him, Ikisawa always carries around a metal baseball bat despite the weird looks it gets him. For him, it's better to be safe then considered weird. The bat always looks well used though, dented and dirtied.
-Duffel bag: His duffel bag is a thing of shock and horror for most normal people/espers raised with traditional Japanese values. It's full to the brim with a variety of non-lethal and sometimes just plain weird weapons from stun-guns, bear mace, and tasers to what appear to be small hand grenades (these are actually just home-made smoke bombs with something special to make it more like tear gas) with accompanying gas mask. It's an eclectic collection of self-defense items that one could get by ordering online by going through the proper channels, though Ikisawa likely hasn't. The center piece of his duffel bag is decidedly not non-lethal though, with what appears to be a modified Calico m950 with spare drums of live hollow point ammunition and two of rubber rounds. Often he isn't allowed to bring it certain places, because he'll be searched like other people, but this doesn't keep him from stashing it in an easy-to-run-to-location if things turn sour. The contents change based on when he's encountered but, despite the initial appearance, many of the things in his bag are used for non-lethal effects.
-H&K USP Match: When all else fails, Ikisawa carries this handgun within his coat as often as he can with armor-piercing rounds and a couple reloads worth of bullets for whenever he gets into a truly desperate situation and his other methods aren't cutting it or were taken from him.

riccaru
2010-08-16, 11:10 PM
Is the .50 a revolver? Wait... We can use guns here!?:smallamused:

13_CBS
2010-08-16, 11:16 PM
Is the .50 a revolver? Wait... We can use guns here!?:smallamused:

I...wouldn't recommend it.

Japan has very strict gun control laws. VERY strict gun control laws. Civilians are legally allowed to possess airguns and sporting shotguns, and even then they must go through a very lengthy process of written exams, safe usage lectures, a trip to the hospital for a psychological evaluation, police investigation into family background, etc. Any other firearms (handguns like Ikisawa's Calico m950, .500 Magnum) are strictly forbidden to civvies, period, regardless of ammo type chambered into the gun.

The fact that Ikisawa has managed to get his hands on this sort of firepower is supposed to be a plot point. I'm personally against allow any other character firearms unless they pick one up off the ground or have VERY good reason to (has someone giving him funds and/or black market firearms, is a genius gunsmith, etc).

And yes, the .500 Magnum is a revolver:

http://www.glitchbusters.net/Jim%27s%20500%20S&W%20Magnum.jpg

Meanwhile, I've made a (very) simple banner for the Psyche Hunters:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/13cbs/psychehunterssymbol.jpg

A shield to protect the weak, a hammer to judge the wicked.

nothingclever
2010-08-17, 01:22 AM
Here are some additions I thought of for Kei's powers.

Allowing Kei to generate an aura of feelings around him that are much less hampering than the full force of his ability initially. The aura could quickly expand over an increasingly large area and the more time people spend within it the greater they would be affected by it. People with little or no mental resistance could be rendered unconscious if Kei wished it but only if they spent a substantial amount of time inside of the affected area without leaving. Even strong espers could succumb to such a degree but they'd take much longer to do so. They could take hours or days if they were strong enough or perhaps ignore his aura altogether. In addition Kei would be able to exclude people from the effects of the aura if he first memorized some form of their mental/physical signature. I'd like to think there's a way of excluding people without memorizing their AIM signature since Callos pointed out that was something pretty drastic and the ability to do that could allow certain people to mimic the powers of others with their own. Even if Kei could memorize that type of signature I'd say he couldn't copy anything because his ability is simply too specific/specialized to imitate others. One other power I'd like to give him is the option to slightly affect people he has recorded in his mind with his powers across great distances without being able to see them and without using his aura. This use of his power would be something that can be effortlessly resisted by anyone. It'd be used to give someone a psychic poke as a signal or to give a person some benefits of his power. After talking to Vael for a bit I labeled Kei as a level 4 instead of 5 but now I'd kinda like to have him be a 5 once more. He's still plenty weak in combat relative to his level. The main thing is that he's no longer completely ineffective against people he can't see for whatever reasons. I like the idea of him being Azabu's much weaker ace parallel to Tokiwadai's Rin. I picture his aura being used to calm a large group of civilians in a disaster shelter without looking at them, to add ambiance to an area just by being in it such as a commercial area to help business or to slowly weaken the resolve and fighting effectiveness of nogoodnicks holding up in some area trying to resist security forces.

Of course feel free to say whatever you wish to say.

Kasanip
2010-08-17, 04:04 AM
The fact that Ikisawa has managed to get his hands on this sort of firepower is supposed to be a plot point. I'm personally against allow any other character firearms unless they pick one up off the ground or have VERY good reason to (has someone giving him funds and/or black market firearms, is a genius gunsmith, etc)..

I am against it for any reason I think. Only because of 'plot point' is maybe it okay. There should not be 'genius gunsmith' or 'black market firearms' here. It is Academy City. Most of characters are Junior High School or High School students.

That is my opinion on this.

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-17, 06:08 AM
There's little point for most characters to have guns. Just being known to have one puts a character into 'wanted criminal' category. What would many characters do with them in the first place? Either they already have lethal applications for their ESP abilities, or they don't have a reason to think about or engage in life-and-death combat in the first place.

Just because the source material involves a lot of fighting, doesn't mean it should be a priority to think how characters would match up against each other in a fight. Vast majority of character interaction will likely be non-violent anyway.

Silverraptor
2010-08-17, 12:13 PM
Ooooo! This seems interesting. Just give me time to look into this, but I may just join.:smallsmile:

13_CBS
2010-08-17, 12:23 PM
I am against it for any reason I think. Only because of 'plot point' is maybe it okay. There should not be 'genius gunsmith' or 'black market firearms' here. It is Academy City. Most of characters are Junior High School or High School students.

That is my opinion on this.

There's little point for most characters to have guns. Just being known to have one puts a character into 'wanted criminal' category. What would many characters do with them in the first place? Either they already have lethal applications for their ESP abilities, or they don't have a reason to think about or engage in life-and-death combat in the first place.

Just because the source material involves a lot of fighting, doesn't mean it should be a priority to think how characters would match up against each other in a fight. Vast majority of character interaction will likely be non-violent anyway.

Pretty much.

So, riccaru...the current consensus on firearms unfortunately a "no". I personally might be okay with maybe one more Level 0 characters who happens to pack maybe 1 9mm handgun, but I doubt that everyone else would agree with me.

@ Silverraptor: Good to see you mate! :smallbiggrin:

If there are no further objections, I will be adding Masahito to the wiki.

Silverraptor
2010-08-17, 12:26 PM
Good to see you to.:smallbiggrin:

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-17, 12:46 PM
Pretty much.

So, riccaru...the current consensus on firearms unfortunately a "no". I personally might be okay with maybe one more Level 0 characters who happens to pack maybe 1 9mm handgun, but I doubt that everyone else would agree with me.

I'll be scaling Ikisawa back as well. In hind-sight that plot point is served just as well with just one gun (maybe a second as a back-up) and just supplies of non-lethal stuff to go along with it. Should make him a bit less...ridiculously well armed. ^_^;

@ Silverraptor: Good to see you mate! :smallbiggrin:

Echoed. Nice to see you Silver.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-17, 01:12 PM
Echoed. Nice to see you Silver.

Double-ouble Echoed-coed. Nice-ice to-o see-e you-ou Silver-ver-ver

Seriously, nice to see you, dude :smallsmile:

Terry576
2010-08-17, 09:08 PM
Double-ouble Echoed-coed. Nice-ice to-o see-e you-ou Silver-ver-ver

Seriously, nice to see you, dude :smallsmile:

Triple-riple-iple Echoed-choed-oed. It's-ts-s Great-ate-t to-o-o see-ee-ee you-ou-ou.

Nice for you to drop in Silver. :smalltongue:

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-17, 10:07 PM
GoldDeinonychus! It's you!

Terry576
2010-08-17, 10:30 PM
GoldDeinonychus! It's you!

Maybe GoldenCarcharodontosaurus would be better.

What?

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-18, 03:31 PM
After an invitation by Callos, posting interest!

Now I just need to come up with an awesome power...

That's going to be tricky. :smalltongue:

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-18, 03:38 PM
After an invitation by Callos, posting interest!

Now I just need to come up with an awesome power...

That's going to be tricky. :smalltongue:

What about intuitive understanding of fluid dynamics? He'd be great at engineering walkways for crowded areas!

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-18, 03:42 PM
What about intuitive understanding of fluid dynamics? He'd be great at engineering walkways for crowded areas!

...I don't even know what that means. :smalltongue:

I was thinking maybe gravity control, but that seems too straight forward and boring...

I don't know. I'm sure I'll think of something.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-18, 03:46 PM
Actually, I had an idea for a character with gravity control. It's actually more interesting than you think.

And controlling fluids would be cool.

Innis Cabal
2010-08-18, 03:47 PM
There's already someone in the works with fluid control :smallwink:

Moon Wolf
2010-08-18, 03:50 PM
Is everyone OK if I make someone who has control over fire? Or is that taken... :smallsmile:

Innis Cabal
2010-08-18, 03:55 PM
I think Riccaru was going to have that be his power. I could be wrong.

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-18, 04:00 PM
...I don't even know what that means. :smalltongue:

It means your character would magically understand how liquid substances, or substances that can be expected to move like liquid substances (such as crowd of humans, or a flow of superheated gas), flow from on place to another! :smallcool:

EDIT: Just read this. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_dynamics)

Moon Wolf
2010-08-18, 04:04 PM
I'll ask him. :smallsmile:

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-18, 04:20 PM
Actually, last I checked, Riccaru had been thinking about someone who controlled gravity, so there's that.

Moon Wolf
2010-08-18, 04:25 PM
Yay! :smallbiggrin:

I'm...still a little behind on the manga, so I may need to ask a few things when developing her powers.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-18, 04:26 PM
Is everyone OK if I make someone who has control over fire? Or is that taken... :smallsmile:

If no one else has it, and you are going to use it, you can on one condition.

When given the opportunity, you must say "I am the god of hellfire, and I give you, FIIIRRRRRE!!!" :smalltongue:

Moon Wolf
2010-08-18, 04:32 PM
Oh please, that's not the line. Everyone knows the line is,

"Kill it with FIRE."

:smallamused::smalltongue:

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-18, 04:34 PM
Actually, last I checked, Riccaru had been thinking about someone who controlled gravity, so there's that.

Aw, now I have to think of something else.

Right now I'm thinking about Waves. But that's close to the Radiance Genesis...

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-18, 05:17 PM
When given the opportunity, you must say "I am the god of hellfire, and I give you, FIIIRRRRRE!!!" :smalltongue:

Wait, where do you know that line?

Because I only know it from an obscure Finnish comedy act, where it was one of four things you really wouldn't expect Saint Lucia to say...

Innis Cabal
2010-08-18, 05:23 PM
Probably this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8) I'd suspect that's where your comedy act got it from as well. As this is circa 1968.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-18, 05:24 PM
Wait, where do you know that line?

Because I only know it from an obscure Finnish comedy act, where it was one of four things you really wouldn't expect Saint Lucia to say...

Honestly, Freelance Astronauts. A group of guys who do Let's Plays on weekends. Not sure where they got it from though. :smallredface:

13_CBS
2010-08-18, 05:35 PM
Honestly, Freelance Astronauts. A group of guys who do Let's Plays on weekends. Not sure where they got it from though. :smallredface:

Hey, Freelance Astronauts! Good ol' Maxwell Adams.

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-18, 05:40 PM
Probably this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8) I'd suspect that's where your comedy act got it from as well. As this is circa 1968.

So that's where it comes from! Mystery solved! *does a victory dance*

Innis Cabal
2010-08-19, 12:11 PM
Alrighty everyone.. Who dosn't have characters. Who needs help with their characters. I'll take a step up to the bat here, roll up my sleeves and do my best. You can PM me with questions or concerns. Or you can hit me up on my MSN which is [email protected].

We'd like to get this show underway soonish, so to help facilitate that, it'd be in our best interests to get everyone prepped and ready. Now whose with me!

Moon Wolf
2010-08-19, 03:37 PM
I am! I have my character's lower level powers, I just need help on Levels 4 and 5. (She would currently be at Level 4 and her powers would progress throughout the game). My ideas for the lower powers would basically go something like this:

Level 1:

Can control the size/power of a smaller fire.

Can create sparks to start fire.

Can keep a smaller fire alive if wood is wet or if it's raining.

Level 2:

Can inflict minor burns when she touches someone (which she can also heal, if they are her handiwork).

Can heat up the internal temperatures of objects (ranging from metal, to paper, to humans).

Can put any part of her body into a fire for around 3-5 seconds without taking any damage.

Level 3:

Can control large amounts of fire to move, either on the ground or in the air, to where she wants.

Can inflict a major burn by touching someone.

Can stand fully in fire for 5-10 seconds without taking damage.

I hope this is good so far...I haven't read that far into the manga yet. :smallredface:

My ideas for Levels 4 and 5...something like this...

Level 4:

Can slowly melt metal with contact.

Can form a 'glove' of fire around her hand, which she can use for melting things.

Can create a small globe of fire in her hand which can be used for melting things, and is could possibly be fatal when thrown at someone.

Can create large (around the size of a small microwave) pieces of fire which she can shape at her will.

Level 5:

Can create a fiery lining around her body which can be used as armor.

Can use all aforementioned powers without needing to touch the object.

Can create weapons out of fire, the largest of which would basically be a flaming whip.

Please let me know if any of these seem like they need a little (or a lot of) tweaking. Thanks :smallsmile:

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-19, 03:41 PM
Well...I have a few ideas rattling around in my head, so I guess I'll rattle them off to get them out there and see where this goes.

Aerokinesis: The ability to control air, and by extension, sound.

Bilocation: The ability to appear in two places at once.

...Ferrokinesis?: The ability to control metal.

Something involving the wild somehow. Although this is more background than anything.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-19, 03:45 PM
I am! I have my character's lower level powers, I just need help on Levels 4 and 5. (She would currently be at Level 4 and her powers would progress throughout the game). My ideas for the lower powers would basically go something like this:

Level 1:

Level 2:

Can inflict minor burns when she touches someone (which she can also heal, if they are her handiwork).

Can heat up the internal temperatures of objects (ranging from metal, to paper, to humans).

Can put any part of her body into a fire for around 3-5 seconds without taking any damage.

Level 3:

Can control large amounts of fire to move, either on the ground or in the air, to where she wants.

I hope this is good so far...I haven't read that far into the manga yet. :smallredface:

Level 4:

Can form a 'glove' of fire around her hand, which she can use for melting things.

Can create a small globe of fire in her hand which can be used for melting things, and is could possibly be fatal when thrown at someone.

Can create large (around the size of a small microwave) pieces of fire which she can shape at her will.

Level 5:

Can create weapons out of fire, the largest of which would basically be a flaming whip.

Please let me know if any of these seem like they need a little (or a lot of) tweaking. Thanks :smallsmile:

It looks good to me, perhaps a bit powerful but I'm listening to The Beatles so I'll completely ignore that :smalltongue:

I do think you should consider some skills that are not related to fighting, though. This is not about ninja swat teams (That's NarutoITP) and the fighting will likely be lower than in other FFRPGs :smallsmile:

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-19, 03:45 PM
Well...I have a few ideas rattling around in my head, so I guess I'll rattle them off to get them out there and see where this goes.

Something involving the wild somehow. Although this is more background than anything.

Well, you could have control of plants. Like, your character has the ability to speed up the cell division in plants so they grow quickly, and can control the direction they grow in.

Moon Wolf
2010-08-19, 03:48 PM
I see. Maybe...curing burns? Or something? And fever-related diseases...hm, I'll get to work on that. :smallsmile:

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-19, 04:24 PM
Practical application for fire powers: welding and soldering metals. Your character can be amazing construction worker, smith, or artist! (http://www.metalanimation.com/images/7-7-07/l-EAGL2WITHKEVIN8.jpg)

Moon Wolf
2010-08-19, 04:27 PM
I'd prefer metal. Because it's cool. :smalltongue:

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-19, 04:32 PM

Well, you could have control of plants. Like, your character has the ability to speed up the cell division in plants so they grow quickly, and can control the direction they grow in.

You could justify that power the same way I justify Hinata's! That is, as control over molecular structure of plantlife. :smallsmile:

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-19, 04:40 PM
Huh, control of plantlife sounds neat, and it fits with the whole "use for both out of battle and in battle". Although, I'm kind of partial to Bilocation. I did think that metal might be pretty interesting, especially when I thought of the guy turning his arm into a giant blade. :smallbiggrin:

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-19, 05:08 PM
:smalltongue: While that is awesome, I think a lot of the power comes from how you implement it. Plants can be pretty awesome. And it could leave a whole myriad of additional uses.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-19, 05:28 PM
:smalltongue: While that is awesome, I think a lot of the power comes from how you implement it. Plants can be pretty awesome. And it could leave a whole myriad of additional uses.

...Huh. Yeah, true. I mean, you could manipulate the plants to create some enhancement armor, in addition to using it's herbal qualities for various things...

Yeah, I think I'm liking this idea!

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-19, 05:30 PM
Level 1:

Level 2:

Blach

Level 3:

Level 4:

Level 5:

Lemme give a bit of advice, especially for those starting off with a higher level power. You don't need to do a level by level break-down of what it does. :smallsmile: Now, don't get me wrong it's helpful to see the intricacies of a power but you don't HAVE to, especially if you are just covering redundant things like upgrades.

To use Moon Wolf's as an example I'd have instead put it as...

Pyrokinesis/Burn Out/WhateverMoon'scharactercallsit

Level 4
[SPOILER]

And then tell everyone what it could do at Level 5, because that's the only 'step up' remaining. I say do this instead because, barring unusual circumstances, people probably aren't going to be going down in level.:smallsmile:

Now, as for your character's powers Moon Wolf, they look fairly good though I don't know how she can heal burns if all she can do is control fire. (Burning someone to heal their burns is...er...contradictory) That said it's difficult to have a lot of 'utility' with an ability like pyrokinesis unless you begin adding additional abilities unto it that don't have much to do with creating/controlling flame.

...Also I'm wondering how the small globe of fire (unless it's explosive or extraordinarily hot) is going to be fatal on it's on. Lots of them, sure. But if it's explosive, should mention that. If it's that hot then you should mention that too. :smallwink: And think up how she's holding a flame that hot if she can only stand in an ordinary flame for 5-10 seconds without getting hurt.

Otherwise, looks pretty good! ^_^

Inu: I don't think Bilocation would be a good choice unless the 'other him' was just an image...or he was really just a twin and the other person was him. along those lines the Aerokinesis kinda infringes on the resident sound-controller's powers as you stated it. I'd say either make that control of air just that or talk to sound controlling guy about it.

To Everyone: Les try not to overload on Level 4's and 5's (though we don't have many of those yet, thank goodness). Level 0-3 are just as important.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-19, 05:40 PM
Hey, can I make a leader to the Skill-Out Jaguar gang? Or is that already taken?

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-19, 06:01 PM
Hey, can I make a leader to the Skill-Out Jaguar gang? Or is that already taken?

I know 13 has some plot involving the Jaguars but I don't think he has a leader in mind for them or wants to play the leader for them. So...ask 13? o.o

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-19, 06:02 PM
Ability to melt metal and hold molten-hot metal in bare hands is immensely useful for welding, dammit! You can't even begin to know how often I've wished to have that power in my job! :smalltongue: Any heat-controlling character who doesn't use it for metal working is putting it all to waste, you hear me!

... though I guess you could also use such power to become a magnificent cook or circus performer.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-19, 06:08 PM
Inu: I don't think Bilocation would be a good choice unless the 'other him' was just an image...or he was really just a twin and the other person was him. along those lines the Aerokinesis kinda infringes on the resident sound-controller's powers as you stated it. I'd say either make that control of air just that or talk to sound controlling guy about it.

To Everyone: Les try not to overload on Level 4's and 5's (though we don't have many of those yet, thank goodness). Level 0-3 are just as important.

Well, as interesting as the idea was for Bilocation, I think I'll go with Plant Manipulation. I didn't know that the sound manipulation would be infringing on anything, sorry about that.

Yeah, I think I'll go with the plants. What do I do next?

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-19, 06:19 PM
Well, as interesting as the idea was for Bilocation, I think I'll go with Plant Manipulation. I didn't know that the sound manipulation would be infringing on anything, sorry about that.

Yeah, I think I'll go with the plants. What do I do next?

Think of the appearance, personality, background and ordinary qualities of your character? :smallwink:

Power-wise, ESPers are graded from level 0 to level 6. 0 means non-existent powers, or powers that can't be directly measured and / or are completely passive in nature. 1 is slight powers, like causing a plant to open and close its leaves. 2 is a bit more visible, like causing flowers to grow and bloom at abnormal rate. 3 means you can probably fill garden house to the brim in few hours, starting with nothing but few seeds and soil. 4 means you can probably turn a small part of local park into a jungle and make the trees maul someone. 5 means you can destroy half of the city via vegetation. 6 means you are God of Plants, and pretty much everything else too. Level 6 ESPer is nothing but a wild dream, for now.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-19, 06:22 PM
Yeah, powers and abilities do not a good character make. :smalltongue:

But remember, sometimes the lower leveled characters can be the most fun to play.

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-19, 06:25 PM
Have him practice woodcrafting! Or farming! Think of the mundane utilities! He needs no supermarkets, he can grow his own food! :smallbiggrin:

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-19, 06:25 PM
Level 6 ESPer is nothing but a wild dream, for now.

Level 6 ESPer may be a dream period. One hasn't been seen at all in canon and the Level 5 Esper closest to it still had to kill 10,000 Level 3s before he was supposed to be a Level 6. This same guy split a continent.

In other, more practical, terms the levels are only 0-5.

Frozen_Feet
2010-08-19, 06:41 PM
Remind me again why there isn't a Doujinshi where Accelerator takes on Aizen in an epic match of epicness?

Kasanip
2010-08-19, 06:46 PM
Remind me again why there isn't a Doujinshi where Accelerator takes on Aizen in an epic match of epicness?

Maybe there is. But I think it is not so interesting.
Because he is more fun to stay within Toaru Majustu no Index world I think (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9556404). With his disability it would not be fair to fight such a character later anyway.

Moon Wolf
2010-08-19, 07:38 PM
Thank you Callos for the advice :smallredface:

Level 5 wouldn't be achieved until much later in the game, of course. The fire (and the globe of fire) would be very hot. Think of the globe as...around the temperature of condensed liquid metal (i.e. very very hot). I'll have the entry up within the next few days! :smallsmile:

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-19, 08:00 PM
Thank you Callos for the advice :smallredface:

Level 5 wouldn't be achieved until much later in the game, of course. The fire (and the globe of fire) would be very hot. Think of the globe as...around the temperature of condensed liquid metal (i.e. very very hot). I'll have the entry up within the next few days! :smallsmile:

No problem Wolf. :smallsmile:

But the globe is also my point. :smallwink: It's very hot so she probably wouldn't be able to hold them for very long (or at all!) with her abilities as they are. Just something you may want to keep in mind is all. :smallwink:

Moon Wolf
2010-08-19, 08:02 PM
Basically she'd create it with the aim already in mind and throw it as soon as it was fully formed. Otherwise, yeah, ouch time... :smalltongue:

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-19, 08:18 PM
Okay, to show I will actually make a character, I'll come up with a preliminary background. (X) was with a group of children when they went on a camping trip. However, the group contained espers, (X) being one of them, becoming a target for the Spin-off Jaguars. The ambush abandoned the group in the middle of a forest, stranding what few survivors were left. Eventually, after a few months, he became the only survivor. He developed his own abilities as a Plant Kinetic being left to his own devices.

He was left there for a little more than a year before a rescue team got a lead on him. The team found him after 2 weeks, when he tried to attack them, believing them to be Jaguars trying to finish the job. When he realized who they were, he allowed them to take him.

Now, he's at (insert name of school here), refining his abilities.

I'm thinking of maybe making him somewhere between 3 and 4.

13_CBS
2010-08-19, 08:42 PM
Okay, to show I will actually make a character, I'll come up with a preliminary background. (X) was with a group of children when they went on a camping trip. However, the group contained espers, (X) being one of them, becoming a target for the Spin-off Jaguars. The ambush abandoned the group in the middle of a forest, stranding what few survivors were left. Eventually, after a few months, he became the only survivor. He developed his own abilities as a Plant Kinetic being left to his own devices.

He was left there for a little more than a year before a rescue team got a lead on him. The team found him after 2 weeks, when he tried to attack them, believing them to be Jaguars trying to finish the job. When he realized who they were, he allowed them to take him.

Now, he's at (insert name of school here), refining his abilities.

I'm thinking of maybe making him somewhere between 3 and 4.

Hrm...I'm not sure if the Jaguar were originally designed to roam around any forests outside of Japan, though I suppose if we move District 10 to the edges of the City it could be possible.

Maybe there is. But I think it is not so interesting.
Because he is more fun to stay within Toaru Majustu no Index world I think (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9556404). With his disability it would not be fair to fight such a character later anyway.

I don't think people without Nico Nico accounts can watch Nico Nico videos. :smallfrown:

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-19, 08:47 PM
Hrm...I'm not sure if the Jaguar were originally designed to roam around any forests outside of Japan, though I suppose if we move District 10 to the edges of the City it could be possible.

Well, it doesn't have to be Jaguar. I originally planned to have him be in jungle, but I figured forest might be more suitable. Plus, he could be flown in from somewhere. That was just a preliminary background to get the general idea across.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-19, 10:48 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you game. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164875)

13_CBS
2010-08-19, 10:53 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you game. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164875)

"And so begins the greatest battle of our time."
-Gandalf the White

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-19, 10:55 PM
"Awesome."
-Merry

Terry576
2010-08-19, 10:56 PM
"This is gonna be super-special-awesome!"

-Yugi, YGOTAS.

riccaru
2010-08-19, 11:11 PM
"Yippy Ki-yay mother F*****." John McClain - Die Hard. :smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2010-08-20, 07:46 AM
I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"

-Dumbledore, Harry Potter And The Philosophers Stone.

Moon Wolf
2010-08-20, 11:52 AM
... Do you know what this is? This is my disapproving face. Because I do not approve.

-Isabel (Terry 576. Told you I'd use that line.)

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-20, 01:22 PM
The next person to quote someone, famous or otherwise, is getting a spork in the ear.
-Callos_DeTerran, Academy City OOC

Sonuva...

Gaaaahhhhh!

Alright...the...next person to quote, after this, is getting the spork!

Innis Cabal
2010-08-20, 01:25 PM
Like your famous. Go back into your hole and never see the light of day again

-Yakuza-kun

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-20, 01:26 PM
...Works out for me, because I've got nothing. :smalltongue:

13_CBS
2010-08-20, 01:27 PM
What madness have I wrought?