PDA

View Full Version : Is it broken or underpowered?

The_Admiral
2010-08-12, 06:58 AM
I found this class http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Force_Sensitive_%283.5e_Class%29 on D&D wiki what tier is it?

Tyger
2010-08-12, 07:09 AM
Well, considering that at 15th level, they essentially become a gestalt by suddenly gaining the abilities of a Psion (considered a Tier two class), while also having apparently unlimited ability to cast every spell in every book (up to level 3), and adding +10 to any roll they chose (limited only by Wisdom)...

Yeah, I have to go with overpowered. The undefined nature of the spellcasting seems to imply they can do it all day, every day... a spell a round for 24 hours straight - from any spell list. The ability to use the Psion / Wilder powers at the same time, while also having the relatively powerful abilities unique to the class - this is why D&DWiki is, as a general rule, a bad place to look for game stuff.

drakir_nosslin
2010-08-12, 07:14 AM
Well, it's extremely badly worded, so it's hard to say. Neither the Manipulate Force or the Force Power abilities mention how many times per day it can be used, though the Awaken to the Force ability might imply that you use your daily Channel Force uses for Manipulate Force as well. If this is the case, and Force Power follows the same restrictions, then this class is very limited in what it can do. If they on the other hand can use these abilities at will (as spell-like abilities then, I'd guess) it gets a lot more powerful, able to use any 4th level spell and all the 1-9th level psion powers as well.

Other than that, it's pretty meh. Lots of dead levels, lots of simple, too small, numerical bonuses. I'd say that depending on how you interpret it, you either get a tier 2+ after lvl 15, before that tier 4 (maybe even 5), or tier 4/5 all the way through.

EDIT: Also note that nowhere does it state what kind of action it takes to use these abilities. As written it's mostly unplayable, create your own instead :smallwink:

The_Admiral
2010-08-12, 07:28 AM
So what changes do I have to make to it to make it playable?

Panigg
2010-08-12, 07:42 AM
Seems rather incomplete. You might want to rebuilt that class and word the abilities proper.

Gahrer
2010-08-12, 08:01 AM
You basicly would have to rework the class from scratch to make it playable. It has no relevant class features at all aside from the badly worded spellcasting. So I agree with drakir: Meh.

Eldan
2010-08-12, 08:02 AM
You could probably get similar results by just playing a Psion in the first place.

drakir_nosslin
2010-08-12, 09:20 AM
You could probably get similar results by just playing a Psion in the first place.

Agreed, or if you wanted to be a bit more fighty, Ardent or PsiWar should work as well. The psionic classes can make wonderful force users is that's what you're looking for.

Tyndmyr
2010-08-12, 09:57 AM
So what changes do I have to make to it to make it playable?

Throw it away, and make a new class.