PDA

View Full Version : Help With An Exalted(The System) Character Concept

PersonMan
2010-08-12, 08:50 AM
Alright, I'm going to be making a 2e Exalted Abyssal. The basic concept is someone who defends knowledge-getting around the whole 'no defending' thing by destroying those who would destroy knowledge. Preemptively, if she needs to.

So, I was wondering what sorts of fun things you can get if you want a character with a huge amount of knowledge. This is only my second Exalted character, but I've gotten the character generation and basic system down, at least for the most part.

In addition, I need some name help. I came up with a great name, but I've forgotten part of it. Currently, it's 'The Knowledge That [verb]s In The
Dust', and I don't have very many good ideas for the verb.

Reynard
2010-08-12, 09:01 AM
Necrotech + Necromancy.

Necrotechnomancer!

Rad
2010-08-12, 12:15 PM
the hidden knowledge waiting in the dark
the shredder of the thousand veils
the keeper of the keys to the world
The stalwart of the timeless legacies

Arbane
2010-08-12, 12:57 PM
So, I was wondering what sorts of fun things you can get if you want a character with a huge amount of knowledge. This is only my second Exalted character, but I've gotten the character generation and basic system down, at least for the most part.

Second Lore/Occult/Whatever Excellency is a good place to start. "do I know that? If I spend motes, the answer is _always_ 'yes'."

Whispers might be good, too, if the character's sanity can take it.

In addition, I need some name help. I came up with a great name, but I've forgotten part of it. Currently, it's 'The Knowledge That [verb]s In The
Dust', and I don't have very many good ideas for the verb.

Sifts? Hides? Lies?