PDA

View Full Version : d20 compatibility

Coplantor
2010-08-12, 09:42 AM
So, I lke Sigil, you like Sigil, we all like Sigil. There are doors to Greyhaw, Eberron, Forgotten Realms, your Homebrewed Setting... Can there be doors to, lets say... Tatooine? 1920's Earth?

Thinking of Planescape got me thinking about crossing the frontiers of games themselves. Of all the d20 games, wich ones would be the easiest to mash up?

Darklord Xavez
2010-08-12, 10:28 AM
So, I lke Sigil, you like Sigil, we all like Sigil. There are doors to Greyhaw, Eberron, Forgotten Realms, your Homebrewed Setting... Can there be doors to, lets say... Tatooine? 1920's Earth?

Thinking of Planescape got me thinking about crossing the frontiers of games themselves. Of all the d20 games, wich ones would be the easiest to mash up?

I'm not sure. They all are the same at the very core, but the concepts really are incompatible. Everything in the Star Wars d20 has better weapons/armor, and it's the other way around with D20 modern. No matter what you do, plan it very carefully for game balance.
-Xavez
P.S. I like Sigil too.

Daelen
2010-08-12, 02:24 PM
A friend of mine planned a "D20 Everything" game based on this very concept. As I recall, it started to fall apart when everyone said "I want to play a Jedi"

Coplantor
2010-08-12, 02:26 PM
A friend of mine planned a "D20 Everything" game based on this very concept. As I recall, it started to fall apart when everyone said "I want to play a Jedi"

It could easily be ruled that each player uses a different game. Or having multiple characters each.

The Glyphstone
2010-08-12, 02:28 PM
Then it falls apart as they argue/fight over who gets to be the one token Jedi...

Coplantor
2010-08-12, 02:29 PM
One of my gaming friends dislikes SW a lot, so he wouldn't be the jedi, the other guys who would play...

One loves gunslingers, he would be anything that allows him to be a gunslinger. The other one would totally be a jedi.

Fax Celestis
2010-08-12, 03:42 PM
Sounds like you need a healthy dose of Sigil Prep (http://sigilprep.com).

Coplantor
2010-08-12, 03:44 PM
Sounds like you need a healthy dose of Sigil Prep (http://sigilprep.com).

Sounds like what I was just looking for for a completely different advnture I may or may not run in the future :smallbiggrin: