PDA

View Full Version : The Game of The Otherworldly

NM020110
2010-08-12, 10:07 AM
This will serve as the IC thread for this game. OOC will be in the recruitment thread.

You are located where your backstories would dictate you be. If you don't like that, you start in a small inn in "Ye Olde Fantasy Town", with a fair amount of people running away (three warriors are advancing, two with swords and one with a bow, however), you having just emerged from a portal to Sigil right behind the barkeeper (if your character would dictate otherwise, let me know).

Illven
2010-08-13, 12:23 AM
What do you three want. Do you want to fight me and Ripper. Come on try it, I dare you.

OOC Can I prepare my spell slots, I had no idea we would be pulled into combat

NM020110
2010-08-13, 12:32 AM
OOC: Yes, you may prepare them. I rather doubt that you'll need them, as these are level one warriors (the npc class).

Illven
2010-08-13, 12:19 PM
Stand down now.

My spells are ready

EdroGrimshell
2010-08-13, 06:41 PM
Amelia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=225704)

Oh great, and i was hoping to pass through unnoticed

Amelia wills a crystalline shard to grow from her hand, keeping it relatively concealed under the cloak she had "borrowed" while passing through the previous town.

(OOC: Amelia was already in the bar and was not teleported into it)

un_known
2010-08-13, 08:25 PM
Etherin

"They always run away; is it my face? Well… you might say my lack of face? This mask suffices though. It shows every kind of emotion I have. None, zip, zero. Ahh people advancing and others running in terror, screaming. I just love this game! “ Etherin chuckles to himself. His hand strays near his mask as he thinks possibly what to do, but before doing anything with it his hands drop from the mask.

The Ethergaunt of the lowly blue caste simply looks at the men advancing before looking around. He scanned the bar wondering if there was anything he might use to his advantage…

((OOC: Are there any Skill Checks we can make concerning this place?))

Owrtho
2010-08-14, 02:55 AM
Johnny (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228146)

Near the gate of the town the faint sound of music can be heard. The precise tune is difficult to make out in the panic but soon becomes more defined. It's the sound of lone violin playing what is currently a popular shanty. As the player draws near, the violin seems to be joined by a chorus of other instruments. Despite the fact they seem not to be playing the same tune, they somehow manage to work in harmony. Strangely though, the violinist is accompanied only by one other figure, who is clearly not playing a thing.

As they approach clear view of the town, it can be seen the violinist wears a rather flamboyant outfit, coloured in bright reds and orange, and a wide brim hat with a bell dangling from it. His violin has an unusually large amount of gold filigree as well.

John enters the town playing a merry tune he's heard in the last few towns he's been to. Looking around he notices that there seems to be a commotion off toward the right. turning to his companion he asks,
"Care to take a look at what's causing the commotion? We still have some time till dark, though I suspect not enough time for a decent performance."
His companion is silent, though he seems to get the response he'd hoped for as he shortly sets off in the direction of the fleeing people, never once ceasing his playing.
John has not yet reached the inn, but is in sight of it. Once in sight he starts playing Inspire Greatness. At this time only affecting himself and his companion. Those in the in will be able to hear him playing, provided there isn't enough noise to drown it out.

Owrtho