PDA

View Full Version : wanting 4.0 help on legend of dragoon

Deathdarken
2010-08-12, 12:00 PM
yes I seen the 3.5 version I'd love to see a 4.0 version of legend of dragoon. If you ever played that game I'd love to see a 4.0 version of it could it be done?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-08-12, 12:16 PM
yes I seen the 3.5 version I'd love to see a 4.0 version of legend of dragoon. If you ever played that game I'd love to see a 4.0 version of it could it be done?

In a word: yes. Most things can be done in either edition, although I find homebrew much more rewarding in third edition (or 3.5). That said, I've never played the game you mention, but a dragoon should be pretty easy to make even with existing 4e classes.

Deathdarken
2010-08-12, 12:20 PM
In a word: yes. Most things can be done in either edition, although I find homebrew much more rewarding in third edition (or 3.5). That said, I've never played the game you mention, but a dragoon should be pretty easy to make even with existing 4e classes.the games has players that transform into dragon type characters with armor and powers of a certain element. it was a really cool game as it make you work to get your combos by pressing the buttons

ninja_penguin
2010-08-12, 12:54 PM
My best suggestions for homebrew would be to any standard striker class, possibly barbarian, and homebrew yourself up a various bunch of Daily powers similar to forms of a Warden. So, you'd get some various benefit or effect while in said form, and then you get an attack you can fire off, similar to their magics.

And I kinda liked that game, but the voice acting combo and thumb-joint killing combat ground on me.

Seriously, the final boss took like, an hour.

Deathdarken
2010-08-12, 01:00 PM
My best suggestions for homebrew would be to any standard striker class, possibly barbarian, and homebrew yourself up a various bunch of Daily powers similar to forms of a Warden. So, you'd get some various benefit or effect while in said form, and then you get an attack you can fire off, similar to their magics.

And I kinda liked that game, but the voice acting combo and thumb-joint killing combat ground on me.

Seriously, the final boss took like, an hour.
you mean make powers only usable while in the dragoon, sorta like the shaman, when they become their animal for. Well it was an item that made them do it, what if, at certain levels they gained the use of powers bases on it? I'd like to but I've got too much not done work so I would not do it. I'd like someone to do it

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-08-12, 01:00 PM

My recommendation as well. Each Daily power is a transformation with some bonus granted until the end of the encounter, and grants a single attack that may be used once per transformation (turning into a Red Dragon or similar creature, for instance, might give you a one-use Breath Weapon power). Perhaps give it fewer class features, and have an at-will power tied to each Daily as well. Not certain on that one though...

ninja_penguin
2010-08-12, 01:13 PM
Because it's the only dragoon form I can remember, here's just the 'Divine Dragon Cannon' form in braindump templately form. You could try doing some sort of swapping back and forth like a druid, but I think this is more thematically appropriate.

Daily Power Level X

Effect: Until the end of the encounter you assume the form of the Divine Dragon Dragoon. While you are in the form you gain a +2 Bonus to AC and can fly up to your speed as a move action.

Once during the encounter, you can make the following attack while in this form

Standard Action, Area Burst 2 within 10
[primary attack stat] vs Reflex
Hit: [level appropriate damage], and target takes [ongoing tier appropriate damage].

ninja_penguin
2010-08-12, 01:16 PM
you mean make powers only usable while in the dragoon, sorta like the shaman, when they become their animal for. Well it was an item that made them do it, what if, at certain levels they gained the use of powers bases on it? I'd like to but I've got too much not done work so I would not do it. I'd like someone to do it

Uh, if it's that dragon soul...gem...thing, you're talking about, you're definitely into artifact territory, and should look that up.

Deathdarken
2010-08-12, 03:57 PM
Uh, if it's that dragon soul...gem...thing, you're talking about, you're definitely into artifact territory, and should look that up.anyone up to the task of creating something like this for each of the dragoon orbs?