PDA

View Full Version : [M&M2e] Make me a god

Starsinger
2010-08-12, 01:58 PM
So, my RL group is playing a M&M2e game, and long story short, my character concept is "An old god who isn't worshiped anymore, and wants to fix that by liberating the populace from their overlords." And so, I'm asking for some help squeezing as much godly might into a PL 10 character as I can with the restriction that the DM has asked me not to take Immortal (Ageless is acceptable), but a few ranks might not hurt.

Other than that... I think just about anything else is acceptable, so I'm eager to see what people come up with.

Tengu_temp
2010-08-12, 02:14 PM
What do you want to do? We need to know what theme are you going with. "Godly powers" is a very unspecific term.

All I can think for now is: very high stats, Create Object with the Duration extra (because pretty much all gods make things appear), Regeneration with that extra which brings you back to life so you're effectively immortal.

Starsinger
2010-08-12, 03:12 PM
I haven't given a "portfolio" very much thought... Probably something like Bleu/Deis from Breath of Fire or Phoenix/Dark Phoenix from X-Men. (I know the two are far apart on the "this is a living god" scale..)

Fouredged Sword
2010-08-12, 04:51 PM
Create object with extras to make the objects inate so they cannot be unmade, perminant, subtle, and precise.

You can think things real.

Potentaly very large and complecated things.

Grant yourself large craft skill bonuses that only apply on things you create (a flaw) so you can blow any DC to create something complex out of thin air.

Then maybe have the ability to summon angels or such.

Large anounts of telekineses can handle any other world shapeing needed.

Then maybe mind control of some kind.

I could see a power array set up with permentant object creation / high levels of telekenisis / mind control.

Give telekenisis the damage extra. Maybe switch mind control for emotinal control in an area at perception range. Ether love or fear would be good.

The Big Dice
2010-08-12, 10:16 PM
In M&M, you need two things. You need to be able to take it (or avoid it) and you need to be able to dish it out. I'd uggest start by taking a look here (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=310710#p310710) for Phoenix and godike power. And here (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=312386#p312386) for Thr and being a real Norse god.

The real issue is power level. However, I'd seriously reccomend perusing the incredible work of MDSnowman on the Atomic Thinktank forums as a starting point. See how he makes the system work towards the ends he wants and tke it from there.

GoatToucher
2010-08-13, 12:12 AM
Hades is statted out in M&M at PL 25 or some such. A PL 10 god would be indistinguishable from modern day superheroes. You pretty much have to start out with a theme, just like any other character (what are you "god of" for lack of a better term). Flesh it out with Immunities (Aging, Life Support, Disease as starters), maybe low level telekinesis and create object as "standard god powers", and voila!