PDA

View Full Version : AvB - ocel

Rizban
2010-08-12, 02:53 PM
You arrive in the temple district. Most of the temples have been converted into hospitals or housing for displaced people.

ocel
2010-08-12, 05:07 PM
He inhales the air, the scent of desperation, only a few provide the catalyst to perspire such an oder.... the fear of death; ah but there is a paradox, how can one fear something inevitable when it can be amended with a small donation to your local church yard?

He looks around a few of the temples before visiting the entrance of one of them.

Rizban
2010-08-12, 08:32 PM
Resurrection spells don't exist in this game.

Three temples catch his eye.

The Amalthean Hospital is dedicated to the goddess of healing, Amalthea. The few people here are waiting only for the clerics to regain their spells to be healed, and a soothing air of hope of relief emanates from it.

The Temple of Pelor is surrounded by an intimidating stone wall. It houses no refugees or injured, and its priests appear ready to go to war should an attack on the temple be imminent. No one is being allowed in unless they are a confirmed member of the clergy.

The Temple of the Sovereign Host is small and ramshackle and seems to be housing a number of displaced persons, particularly those turned away from other temples. After a few moments of observation, you see only two priests, an older man who is focused on trying to heal as many as possible and a young woman who appears to be his apprentice, a priestess in training.

ocel
2010-08-12, 09:17 PM
Resurrection spells don't exist in this game.

Odd, I didn't see the raise dead or related spells noted in the banned list,I'll look a bit more closely next time; my apologies, do you wish me to edit the previous post?

Any way I'll watch from afar and see what the two are doing, in passive observation.

To the guilds-mens district then, I'll provide some aid, via performing a publicity stunt, IE giving money like a millionaire..at least 500 gold will be given, I could bluff insanity or sincerity, although to be honest the former is more likely then the later, with a bluff check,

Rizban
2010-08-13, 12:01 AM
Undead creation spells work. Bringing someone dead back to life doesn't. If it did, then there would be no reason to assassinate someone, as they would just be back with a single spell and looking for revenge.

Don't worry about editing, just keep going.

None of the other temples seem noteworthy at the moment.

ocel
2010-08-13, 12:12 AM
I walk over to the two priests at the temple of sovereign, and hand out one of my cure light wounds potion, and say, "Is it to late to make a donation in this hour of need?"

reworded to be clearer, sorry about earlier. here are the priests I want to help out:
"two priests, an older man who is focused on trying to heal as many as possible and a young woman who appears to be his apprentice, a priestess in training."

Rizban
2010-08-13, 12:44 AM
At which temple? Three were described...

Rizban
2010-08-13, 02:13 PM
You are given a strange look by the old man, but he accepts the potion anyway.

"Don't know what you're after, but help out if you can."

I'm not sure why you're trying to help out. You are evil.

ocel
2010-08-13, 02:18 PM
There are many shades of evil, its not like i'm a loose cannon that will kick every puppy in a five mile radius, like http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StupidEvil

here is a concept of my deity and what my character is going for, warhammer style:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Nurgle

All gods are embodiments of the hopes, fears and other strong emotions and concepts generated by the mortal races. In Nurgle's case, the source of power is the livings' fear of inevitable death and disease, and their unconscious response to that fear, which is the "power of life", the motivating power of mankind and other races.

Nurgle and his daemons, in contrast to their putrid appearance, are jovial and friendly in demeanor. His daemon servants and mortal followers usually demonstrate a disturbing joviality and joy at the pestilence that he inflicts, seeing the plagues as gifts and the cries of their victims as gratitude rather than agony. This is demonstrated on the Daemon World of Bubonicus, where an endless chain of crazed revellers circle the planet's equator in a never ending dance. He is often referred to as Grandfather Nurgle, Father Nurgle or Papa Nurgle by his followers because of his paternal nature.

in short he kind of is this kind:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AffablyEvil

Besides I might be able to take advantage of a debt, if I donate enough, having an alibi doesn't hurt too much.

Actually the quote gives me an idea....is there a ample supply of food stocks or a cache for those injured pray chance? i might have an earlier use for summon swarm than I suspected....

Rizban
2010-08-13, 02:41 PM
I'm familiar with warhammer. Nurgle is the god of disease and corruption. As such, I'm still not sure how helping to heal people is within your character. I'm saying you can't do it, just that I don't see it as very probable.

ocel
2010-08-13, 02:48 PM
You know that part in the first assassins creed where you help someone out for awhile, or save them from the guards and in gratitude they let you hide in their group ?

I'm trying to establish decent public relations to develop a congregation as it were here, and to do that I need to gain their trust, and what better time then now?

eh, see where I'm going with this? my plan is something like that or I hang out by the poorer districts and infect and dominate with cryst spells. and create a assassination company that gives to the poor and then enlist said poor to be red shirts.

Also nurgle's wife is kind of part of nurgle doctrine too, healing people to get them set up for even more suffering, that and it really plays with npcs psyche, like stock-home syndrome pumped to eleven.

Rizban
2010-08-13, 04:06 PM
As you speak to the head priest, you notice the priestess whispering with a small winged humanoid with stark white hair, blue-white skin, pale blue wings, and small supple scales complement her natural skin tone. As the priestess whispers in her ear, the winged one stares at you suspiciously.

ocel
2010-08-13, 04:34 PM
as i hand the potion to the older priest, I'll make a listen check to hear what those two are talking about... [roll0]

as the pale one stares at me I only briefly smile, while thinking... in time you will be one as will be all...in time one will become all...as do we all...

Rizban
2010-08-13, 04:38 PM
You can't hear their words, but they seem to be trying to figure out who you are. It seems like they recognize you by the rumor about you being so nonchalant about the explosion. The winged one continues to watch as the priestess goes about her business.

ocel
2010-08-13, 06:03 PM
I lean on a near-by piller, or some other support, if none are available i'll rest by the wall, my eyes move in the direction where most of the charity has taken place, and then turn my eyes toward the most likely place where they would store food stock.

Rizban
2010-08-13, 10:58 PM
You are in the main chapel building. It is one large room, the only other place they could store foodstuffs would be in the nearby building, which appears to be lodging for the priests.

ocel
2010-08-13, 11:50 PM
My gaze returns to the winged figure, most of my face is covered in the scarf, , in game time what hour is it?, are there any shadows i can blend in? also i'm rolling a sense motive check on my angelic observer... [roll0]

Rizban
2010-08-14, 12:07 AM
She continues to stand there, watching. After a moment, she rises up into the air and out the front door. She heads off towards the north at a slow glide.

It's about 10 in the morning.

ocel
2010-08-14, 12:18 AM
Now... to proceed with my plan, it should only take me an hour in game time to exchange my Hide from Undead(PH p241), Chill of the Grave for two Cure Light Wounds, than proceed to help those in need then repeat the process a couple of times. that still leaves my decent spells in storage in the advent of an unexpected encounter.

After gaining their trust, the next stage will commence....

Rizban
2010-08-14, 12:21 AM
You do realize that you can only memorize new spells once per day, right? You've already done that for today. You'll have to wait until the next time you pray for spells to gain new ones.

ocel
2010-08-14, 12:26 AM
You do realize that you can only memorize new spells once per day, right? You've already done that for today. You'll have to wait until the next time you pray for spells to gain new ones.

According to the srd

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/cleric.htm

Clerics meditate or pray for their spells. Each cleric must choose a time at which he must spend 1 hour each day in quiet contemplation or supplication to regain his daily allotment of spells. Time spent resting has no effect on whether a cleric can prepare spells. A cleric may prepare and cast any spell on the cleric spell list, provided that he can cast spells of that level, but he must choose which spells to prepare during his daily meditation.

so unless i'm mistaken It takes at least an hour per day, and those spells i had before would have been from yesterday, so i could be able to exchange them, at least in hypothetically...

ocel
2010-08-14, 12:35 AM
Well until i can gain those spells I suppose I'll just head to the poor parts of the city, it will be more difficult to trance an endemic there if the worst case scenario occurred,

I'm heading there to, A: obtain a small fellowship by donating some of my spare cash, not too much just 300 gp at least... posing as a healer for a lower price then my competitors will raise public opinion of me, as a saint, when in reality I'm doing much more...

Rizban
2010-08-14, 12:39 AM
Then at what time of day Do you pray for spells? If you're saying it's 10AM, then you must always pray for spells at 10AM. You can't pray for them at 10, then again at 11, then again at 12. It doesn't work that way.

Also, you have to renew all of your spells each day. You don't carry over from one day to the next.

ocel
2010-08-14, 12:44 AM
Then at what time of day Do you pray for spells? If you're saying it's 10AM, then you must always pray for spells at 10AM. You can't pray for them at 10, then again at 11, then again at 12. It doesn't work that way.

Also, you have to renew all of your spells each day. You don't carry over from one day to the next.

Thank you for revealing this info to me, I apologies, my plan did not account for that rule, I originally suspected time moved at a faster pace but it was my fault for not taking the previous data into account., anyway I think I've decided what i should do in my last message.

So, since I still have my old spells with me, i'll make use of them till in game tomorrow.

I still have some cash with me, so I'll give at least 100 gp in the donation box, and leave to some shady area where i can think what to do kill time till then.... strike the donation box, i'll directly donate to those located in the poor districts,

Read my previous post for the plan update,

basically i'm going to be a grass roots healer till i obtain a following, then use them to target the nobility then redistribute the wealth amonst the more destitute areas...

Rizban
2010-08-14, 12:55 AM
Most of the "poor districts" are located outside of the city wall in little shanty towns. There are some poorer tenements in the northern part of Guildsman's District and there are always downcast in the Docks. Both areas are on the complete opposite side of the city from where you are now.

Rizban
2010-08-14, 01:08 AM
So... you're leaving the temple, and you're going to go donate to the poor, then memorize healing spells to heal the sick and injured, then go about doing other random acts of kindness? You, my friend, are going to switch from LE to LN very quickly, losing your evil cleric powers.

ocel
2010-08-14, 01:18 AM
Hmm, well my original intention was to gain a following in a short period of time, but it would consists of the destitute, and I mold them into the diseased image of nurgle with NECROTIC CYST, and later on become my fanatic assassins. but the only way this could work was that I perform acts of kindness to gain their trust, later on if i can raise my moral to absurd heights I might be able to train them into a semi hashin squad...and worst comes to worst, there is always necromantic burst....

I figured I could catch a greater following with honey then vinegar

ocel
2010-08-14, 01:22 AM
But... there might be a way I can retain my evil alignment, without being to Stupid good......there might be a way...

Would i lose exp if i killed civilians?

Perhaps the best way to gain said fellowship....would be to give the plan, nurgle's helping hand as it were, then play the part of his wife afterwards...

You mentioned the possible location of the food, and I do have summon swarm... so infecting the food would...hmm

Rizban
2010-08-14, 01:38 AM
I'm just saying that you can't go around doing random good and remain evil. That may be a bit black and white, but I just don't see how a guy who worships a god of disease who sees pestilence and decay as the greatest gifts he can bestow on mortals can go about healing and doing good and stay true to his deity.

Going and ruining the food supply with vermin or poison or disease would be perfectly in character though.

The thing is, you can use necrotic cyst on someone, whether they love you or not. You don't have to do good to them first.

I didn't think you had the Mother Cyst feat though...

ocel
2010-08-14, 01:49 AM
Well I intend to get the feat after i gain a couple of levels, but once I do then some real chaos can begin; as for casting the rat spell first I need somplace to hide, and learn if there are any cracks or holes at said building don't want my critter not fulfilling his purpose... besides it is kind of in my character to give back a little healing in order for them to experiance something far worse... and infecting the food supply should be a good start, so cancel heading to the poor district untill later....

true on the spell, but I thought the whole love thing would be in his character....but he could always make them love him....

Rizban
2010-08-14, 01:54 AM
He can make them love him, sure. He can't go around healing people at random and keep his deity pleased with him. Random healings make him run the risk of losing all of his cleric powers.

If you want to scout out the building, then you need to post something not in a spoiler tag.

ocel
2010-08-14, 02:04 AM
Yes, now time for a little mischief, I exit the temple and stroll casually by the steps observing his surroundings, with his eyes he traces the route to where the food was stored....I wonder....if they have enough...perservitives to...satiate these poor souls pallets, well there is no need for any longer concern I will fetch something from my liege's garden...a spice that will make them relish every second of their lives from henceforth...

Rizban
2010-08-14, 02:08 AM
Okay, you look at the building and mutter your plans to yourself. What next?

ocel
2010-08-14, 02:10 AM
well do i notice any holes or means of a certain rat pack of entering?

Sorry lol I should have added the word thought, with my last post, although it is kind of funny in hind sight.

Hopefully i'll roll a decent enough hide check, to not be interrupted... spoiler

Rizban
2010-08-14, 02:17 AM
The building is made of wood and is fairly poorly built. The windows are just open holes and have loosely fitted shutters that do not have locks on them. The door is locked.

ocel
2010-08-14, 02:18 AM
hide test [roll0]

concentration test [roll1]

Rizban
2010-08-14, 02:19 AM
You fail to hide in plain sight in the open courtyard.

You concentrate real hard... on... something... which you haven't specified.

In other words, your rolls don't accomplish anything.

ocel
2010-08-14, 02:20 AM
Well if I find any cover at all at least, i'll have a decent chance.

also is it possible to use bluff to make the spell sound different?

ocel
2010-08-14, 02:21 AM
Lol, ok now to find some cover...would have been awkward if I got carried away, lol

do i notice any clearings or corners or anything I could use for cover?

Rizban
2010-08-14, 02:22 AM
The courtyard is completely open, mostly dirt with a little bit of grass. There's also a gravel path leading from the street to the main entrance of the chapel. There is no place to hide on the temple grounds.

No, no you can't.

ocel
2010-08-14, 02:29 AM
grits his teeth and thinks to himself, tch'...can't give great grandfather's gift, it wouldn't be a surprise.....unless... ah....what the hey, I don't want to be too selfish, he walks over the window, looks inside...

doubt he would be tall enough to see whats inside through lol

Rizban
2010-08-14, 02:30 AM
Inside, he sees a small kitchen and eating area with a decent amount of food stashed in a pantry that was left standing open.

Rizban
2010-08-14, 02:32 AM
He's tall enough. Just keep going.

ocel
2010-08-14, 02:34 AM
ooh, he gasped in fascination, and thought so many fine tools, to make such delights, ah he said in as he attempted to climb, and continued his train of thought, I'm going to need some kitchen help, his smirk grew another inch,

cue disneyesque hilarity here; lol whistles while he conjures up rats ; lol !

Rizban
2010-08-14, 02:36 AM
So... what are his actions, precisely?

ocel
2010-08-14, 02:41 AM
well if he needs to make a climb check to get in then he'll do it, if not I'll enter the building via the window either way,

then see if there are any decent places to hide, if its the same as outside then,

look for the food, afterwards...

I'll just summon my rat pack, which is a concentration check at the place, and then...

i'm to try to make some food, or just leave and let them enjoy my seasoning.

Rizban
2010-08-14, 02:51 AM
When you try to climb into the window, you are hit squarely in the back with a spell. Make a Fortitude save.

ocel
2010-08-14, 02:54 AM
.....ugh he uttered, while thinking... well I wasn't expecting gratitude so quickly... ..

[roll0]

Eh not bad roll, so what was I hit by?

Rizban
2010-08-14, 02:58 AM
You manage to succeed on the save, taking only 4 Strength damage instead of the full amount.
Your STR is now 2.

Roll for initiative.

ocel
2010-08-14, 03:17 AM
rolls aside, and looks up after receiving the blow,his knees buckle from both weakness and anticipation,he realizes the weight of his armor starting to drag him down, he pauses, perhaps there was another means to resolve this matter....
[roll0]

well...on the bright side i'll have an opportunity to sing hawkmancometh once I play my raptoran character lol.

Rizban
2010-08-14, 03:30 AM
You lose initiative.

You are hit by the same spell again. This time, even if you succeed the save, your Strength drops to 0. You fall to the ground paralyzed and unable to move.

The winged creature from before glides down from the roof of the main chapel and says, Why are you trying to break into our home and summon swarms within?

ocel
2010-08-14, 03:37 AM
I lacked the means and will to perform tasks on my own accord, and sought aid with the tools my lord gave me, I also thought lacing some of the food with minesque amounts of healing potion, among other curative properties would aid in the survivor's recovery...

Coughs a bit, you be suprised what you can do with a spell,if you think outside of its intended use...I would tie a few of my possessions on top of the creatures, the potions and then use them to pour at the pot, where i would measure the concoction, and monitor it with little physical labor...

yeah I know how absurd this sounds, but but I doubt the truth would be music to her ears

Rizban
2010-08-14, 03:51 AM
That's a Bluff check.

ocel
2010-08-14, 03:54 AM
yeah i knew what i needed to roll, but I just type how crazy it would be to believe in such nonsense..

[roll0]

well, better roll that other character's hp later,,

Rizban
2010-08-14, 04:03 AM
"Right..."

She takes your dagger and slits your throat with it. You bleed and die.

ocel
2010-08-14, 04:06 AM
darn, should have gone with my previous plan ah well......

Well I guess I'll finish up the raptoran.

I ought to join a group before trying stuff on my own, at least to deduct the probability of my tendency to die.

Rizban
2010-08-14, 04:16 AM
As a hint, a really low ability score is just begging to be targeted like that.

ocel
2010-08-14, 04:18 AM
True, I got so wraped up in minmaxing that I forgot about the benfits of mad, Is it possible for me to use my dead characters sheets but write them under new names?

Wait a second,damn I should have kept with my previous plan, next time I use character sheet again, i'm going to do that...

ocel
2010-08-14, 04:20 AM
anyway here is the hp for the

raptoran barbarian sword-sage hp [roll0] [roll1]

+2 constitution, leaves me with 39 hp

again no way can I use monkish sword sage variant?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=229789