PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Power Points Forever?

Arctura42
2010-08-12, 08:37 PM
Psion Nomad/Metamind, utilizing Font of Power and (from Complete Psionic) Temporal Reiteration (requires Nomad, though I guess with a feat you could take it later and not be a Nomad). Swift action to extend all ongoing effects on you by 1 round. But with Font of Power, you can spend as many points as you want, thereby essentially giving you free reign.

I know I saw something about using affinity field and a psycrystal and timeless body, but isn't this far more efficient? What's more, how do you stop this short of knocking the guy unconcious or putting him in an anti-psionic field?

Thankfully, if they did this, they would lose 5 caster levels, but that seems a small price to pay here...

Kyeudo
2010-08-12, 08:45 PM
Been seen before. It's hardly broken, as you are still limited to the effects a 15th level psion could produce.

Flickerdart
2010-08-12, 08:52 PM
Ardent plus Practised Manifester makes it 19/20.

Kyeudo
2010-08-12, 10:11 PM
True, and Warforged means no need to sleep to ever let it lapse. The Ardent trick makes it broken.

FMArthur
2010-08-12, 11:04 PM
There are other ways to do it anyway. I don't even claim to know them all because they are quite numerous.

Bestow Power + Linked Power and Metapower over and over to reduce manifesting cost of an augmented Bestow Power. Lets you give someone more power points than you spend; I am 100% sure there is a way to get this to give to yourself, but you could just use another party member or Leadership and pass it back and forth between you and another user of the power.

You could also just be a Spell-to-Power Erudite and manifest Mental Pinnacle, no shenanigans required.

faceroll
2010-08-12, 11:28 PM
There are other ways to do it anyway. I don't even claim to know them all because they are quite numerous.

Bestow Power + Linked Power and Metapower over and over to reduce manifesting cost of an augmented Bestow Power. Lets you give someone more power points than you spend; I am 100% sure there is a way to get this to give to yourself, but you could just use another party member or Leadership and pass it back and forth between you and another user of the power.

You could also just be a Spell-to-Power Erudite and manifest Mental Pinnacle, no shenanigans required.

Note that these aren't "infinite power points", they are a very finite number of power points in a given period of time that you have access to, and in most cases, require actions to recover them. Mental Pinnacle, Dweomer of Transference and Bestow Power all have action restrictions and, within a given period of time, have a finite number you can gain, given a finite number of participants.

FMArthur
2010-08-12, 11:52 PM
Note that these aren't "infinite power points", they are a very finite number of power points in a given period of time that you have access to, and in most cases, require actions to recover them. Mental Pinnacle, Dweomer of Transference and Bestow Power all have action restrictions and, within a given period of time, have a finite number you can gain, given a finite number of participants.

Ok, I understand now. For some reason I thought Font of Power did something completely different than what it does. This would be a great class feature to steal at Illithid Savant 3 instead of pouring 5 wasted levels into it over 10 levels. :smallwink:

Claudius Maximus
2010-08-13, 12:00 AM
Under certain readings, Body Fuel + Strongheart Vest lets you recover power points at-will as a nonaction at no real cost. It's not true infinite power points, but it might as well be.