PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Building a warforged war machine

Halae
2010-08-13, 02:23 AM
I was recently going back over the races of eberron book and the Warforgted caught my eye (again). I just signed up on this board but I've seena few times where people have asked what a good build would be for something. Personally, I'm not much of an optimizer in the least. My last character, Blademark, was a Fighter/Warforged Juggernaut.

So I ask for two things. The first is something that is fairly optimized but something that people would play in a normal campaign. Also, I would like to try and keep spellcasting (and psionics, to catch the word police at this point) out of the build, as I like my melee characters to go *smash* rather than spend five turns buffing before finally joining the fray (or some variation on that. you know what I mean)

I also want tosee how broken you can get it. I know warforged have a pervewrse amount of potential for crazy builds, I'm just not sure how. Care to enlighten me?

HunterOfJello
2010-08-13, 04:21 AM
Warblade.

Perhaps some dipping into Barbarian using alternate class features.

~

The highest Tiered melee characters are the Warblade, Crusader, Swordsage, Psychic Warrior, Duskblade and Wildshape Varient Ranger. Warblade seems most appropriate to me.

~

You also have the option of playing a Warforged Artificer, but I don't think that's what you had in mind.

Xefas
2010-08-13, 04:30 AM
You also have the option of playing a Warforged Artificer, but I don't think that's what you had in mind.

Heh, Artificer can turn your warforged into a different kind of "Warmachine" altogether.

The jetpack-flying, power armored, decked out in laser cannons kind. Lots of bookkeeping, though, so it's not the sort of class you want to go into unless you're up to the task of maintaining a constantly updating inventory list.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-08-13, 04:38 AM
Get some means of flying, throw in some barbarian, frenzied beserker, and similar class levels for rage before hitting up the joy that is Warblade and smash face with power attack and maneuvers.

FelixG
2010-08-13, 04:39 AM
Heh, Artificer can turn your warforged into a different kind of "Warmachine" altogether.

The jetpack-flying, power armored, decked out in laser cannons kind. Lots of bookkeeping, though, so it's not the sort of class you want to go into unless you're up to the task of maintaining a constantly updating inventory list.

Or a transformer :P

Prime32
2010-08-13, 10:12 AM
Or a transformer :PThat's tattooed monk.

Diarmuid
2010-08-13, 11:59 AM
So you want optimized but not so much that it's not unplayable in a normal campaign, but you also want to see how broken it can be.

Make up your mind.

arguskos
2010-08-13, 12:06 PM

He's human, but check it out (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160828), someone beat you to it. :smallamused:

The Glyphstone
2010-08-13, 12:57 PM
Warforged Warblade/Warmage/Warlock/War Priest/War Weaver. Use advanced learning to get Heroes of Battle [War] spells.

ZeroGear
2010-08-13, 01:19 PM
Start with Paladin, then go with Spellcarved Soldier.
Alternetively, add Rouge for Shadowbane Inquisitor, with the Devoted Inquisitor feat.

Diarmuid
2010-08-13, 01:35 PM
Start with Paladin, then go with Spellcarved Soldier.
Alternetively, add Rouge for Shadowbane Inquisitor, with the Devoted Inquisitor feat.

But when does he add blush and what does that give him?

ZeroGear
2010-08-14, 04:38 PM
Spellcarved Soldier allows him to carve Runes into his armor that let him cast spells On himself, allowing them to continue until the rune
Is deactivated. This solves your "buffing up" problem, since he is buffed all the time. Details found in Races of Eberron

Shadowbane inquisitor can really hurt enemies. If you have the feats improved initiative + power attack + cleave + great cleave, you can kill anything that is flat footed since you get sneak attack damage as well. The inquisitor's other abilities allow you to sacrifice turn attempts to deal damage to evil creatures that surround you, and the Devoted Inquisitor feat let's rogue and pally levels stack. Check out Complete adventurer for details.

The Glyphstone
2010-08-14, 06:23 PM
*Jumps high to catch the joke that ZeroGear missed*

:smallbiggrin::smallsmile:

Halae
2010-08-15, 12:14 AM
Warblade sounds like my best bet. thanks for the help everyone

AslanCross
2010-08-15, 12:44 AM
There are many ways to do a warblade. I've only played a straightforward type who uses Iron Heart plus a bit of Diamond Mind (Power Attack + Emerald Razor is very tasty).

I've always wanted to make a TWF Warforged Warblade with Jaws of Death. :D

Halae
2010-08-15, 02:21 AM
There are many ways to do a warblade. I've only played a straightforward type who uses Iron Heart plus a bit of Diamond Mind (Power Attack + Emerald Razor is very tasty).

I've always wanted to make a TWF Warforged Warblade with Jaws of Death. :D

That sounds beautiful. I think I'll have to try that!