PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Trader - Mind Impulse unit or Sub skin armor ?

Grifthin
2010-08-13, 03:22 AM
Which do you guys pick at character creation on the one hand - I've got a nice high toughness bonus and most high end weapons have got high armor penetration - is it worth getting a 2 point boost to armor ? OR should I rather grab the mind impulse unit so that I can fire a second weapon as a free action ? What do you guys think ?

FelixG
2010-08-13, 03:47 AM
Which do you guys pick at character creation on the one hand - I've got a nice high toughness bonus and most high end weapons have got high armor penetration - is it worth getting a 2 point boost to armor ? OR should I rather grab the mind impulse unit so that I can fire a second weapon as a free action ? What do you guys think ?

I would go with the MIU weapon link, but really it depends on the type of character your building, if you have a 5 BS because you focus on melee the armor may prove more useful :P

Lycan 01
2010-08-13, 04:12 AM
I'd say armor in almost any situation. Can't shoot a gun if your dead. :smalleek:

Kaun
2010-08-13, 04:51 AM
I'd say armor in almost any situation. Can't shoot a gun if your dead. :smalleek:

I beg to differ

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/7/14/633515915222548315-Skeleton-Army.jpg

WinWin
2010-08-13, 05:13 AM
MIU if you are going for a gunslinger or ambush build. Extra attacks can mean you drop opposition before they can hurt you.

On the other hand if you expect to be the target more than the triggerman you would be better off with the armour. I forget the RT armour stacking rules (could have even been a houserule), but it will be invaluable against light arms and as mentioned by Felix in melee.

Iku Rex
2010-08-13, 06:13 AM
OR should I rather grab the mind impulse unit so that I can fire a second weapon as a free action ?(Note the errata: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/rogue-trader/support/rogue-trader-errata-v1-web.pdf . You only get one "attack" per round, even if it's a free action. )

Grifthin
2010-08-13, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the feedback - I went with the armor for now, but I'm getting the unit as soon as possible.