PDA

View Full Version : Dread Necromancer and Necropolitan

Soranar
2010-08-13, 06:21 AM
If a Dread Necromancer (level 8 with undead mastery) turns himself into a necropolitan

does he get the STR and DEX bonus and extra hitpoints?

Escheton
2010-08-13, 06:55 AM
Yes. In the same way that a rogue who stabs himself in the back gets sneak attack damage.

Yeah...I take it you did not actually read about the ritual then?

Soranar
2010-08-13, 07:00 AM
Actually it doesn't say anywhere that the petitioner can't be the one doing the ritual, although I admit book throwing to be expected should a DM get that argument

Boci
2010-08-13, 07:08 AM
Actually it doesn't say anywhere that the petitioner can't be the one doing the ritual, although I admit book throwing to be expected should a DM get that argument

I'm pretty sure being nailed to a cross kinda limits you from completing a ritual. As for a level 8 necromancer turning you nito a necropolitant, in theory it should work, but in practice only in a high powered game.

Escheton
2010-08-13, 07:11 AM
"Upon hearing
the petitioner’s last breath, the ritual leader calls forth the names
of evil powers and gods to forge a link with the Negative Energy
Plane, and then impales the petitioner"

Now...you might be good at multitasking, this however seems rather impossible to do at the same time.

Snake-Aes
2010-08-13, 07:12 AM
"Upon hearing
the petitioner’s last breath, the ritual leader calls forth the names
of evil powers and gods to forge a link with the Negative Energy
Plane, and then impales the petitioner"

Now...you might be good at multitasking, this however seems rather impossible to at the same time.

Well, with the levels of bigotry involved in raw cheese, I'm fairly sure someone will have a trick involving Schism, Unseen Servant and psionic sandwiches for that.

Boci
2010-08-13, 07:18 AM
Well, with the levels of bigotry involved in raw cheese, I'm fairly sure someone will have a trick involving Schism, Unseen Servant and psionic sandwiches for that.

Or just the classic "Death does not keep you from taking actions".

Snake-Aes
2010-08-13, 07:21 AM
Or just the classic "Death does not keep you from taking actions".

Hm, I dunno, most of the ritual is done before you die anyway.

Mongoose87
2010-08-13, 07:40 AM
You could call out the names after your last breath.

Chineselegolas
2010-08-13, 07:46 AM
Illumian. You can keep talking for a number of round equal to your HD after you die. Even if you have no body.

Corpsecrafter Spellstiched Necropolitain (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147848) to your liking?

Escheton
2010-08-13, 07:48 AM
You could call out the names after your last breath.

Usually speech required air moving past vocal cords. No breath, no speech.
Even if you could still take action when dead.
But yeah, physics and catgirls...

KillianHawkeye
2010-08-13, 07:57 AM

I don't think that word means what you think it means. :smallconfused:

Snake-Aes
2010-08-13, 08:04 AM
Probably. Head's too spinny to make better decisions as of late.