PDA

View Full Version : A Fallen World (Full Metal)[IC]

GreenMuffin
2010-08-13, 01:58 PM
All the units walk into a large, domed room. The walls appear to be made out of iron, and pipes stick out of them, occasionally releasing steam with a loud hiss, causing the small gnome to shout at the top of his high pitched voice to be heard. ALL UNITS! PLEASE REPORT TO YOUR STEAM POSTS! you approach a wall in the middle of the room with small compartments, stepping into your compartments, the gnome walks by and pulls a long hose from the ground, attaching it to different pody parts for each unit. While he does this the human, tall and clean, walks into the room. As you may or may not know, we will often rent you out to people in need. We are sorry if this makes you feel like you are items, but we must pay the bills. We'd rather you think that you are mercenaries and Dr. Licha and myself are merely your agents. It helps us pay the bills, the metal that makes up your bodies aren't cheap, you know, and continue our research. the gnome, Dr. Licha, finishes attaching the last hose to the last warforged. The clean man pulls a lever close to the wall of the room, and you can feel steam entering your body. you relax and energize as the clean man in the lab coat continues to talk This client lives in Sylem, which lies in the next country over. Those willing to participate will take an airship there. Now, as I said, I don't want you to feel as if you are property, so you will have a choice. If you wish to help, you may tell me so now.

Randel
2010-08-13, 03:04 PM
Lumic

Lumic remains still as Dr. Licha attaches the hose to recharge his systems. "Thank you, Doctor Licha." he says to the gnome.

"I will help attain funds for our research. If the net payoff for the mission are likely to outweigh the probable costs then I will accept it." he says, his clockwork mechanisms whirring and his 'mouth' lighting up with arcane light with each word.

His head turns to the clean man. "Sir, what information has the client given regarding the mission?"

Lumic is almost eager and willing to accept the mission if it will help with funding the warforged project... though logic dictates that he know what the mission is about before he accepts it. While he trusts Dr, Licha and the... clean man... (Error: Name unknown) it would likely comfort the two to know that their creations are capable of asking questions instead of blindly following orders.

"I apologize, I appear to have forgotten your name." Lumic says to the clean man. The warforged almost feels saddened for a bit, senility had started to get to him shortly before he had his mind transferred to his new body. This detail could have contributed to the decision to keep making warforged with artificial minds instead of using human ones.

Rannil
2010-08-13, 03:37 PM
"I agreed to help earlier. I stand by statement." There is still little emotion heard, it takes time to develop the ability to not control emotions, like normal humans. the background question was asked, but not the mission question. Geasu decided to ask that one. "What is our primary mission objective at this point?"

GreenMuffin
2010-08-13, 03:46 PM
The professor raises his eyebrows Dr. Querstein. He says He did not fully explain the mission, but he said something about saving the world, which leads me to conclude that he plans to somehow dissipate the cloud. He will brief you on your mission if you meet him at the Sylum airport.

Randel
2010-08-13, 04:55 PM
Lumic

"Thank you, Dr. Querstein." Lumic nods politely. "If this mission may lead to saving the world or further funding our work then I accept it." Lumic remains standing as the steam charges his systems. As soon as he has been given the okay from the Doctors, he is ready to proceed with the mission.

bruntonspall
2010-08-14, 02:47 AM
As the steam washes through his body, Bulwark stands to attention, his watchful eye on Dr Querstein, waiting for the command to go, at Dr Quersteins request for volunteers he snaps of a salute:
I volunteer, Sir.
Bulwark is slightly saddened to think that anybody would question the demi-god who gave life to them, he moves to head of this dangerous line of questioning:
What will be our chain of command for this mission?

RPZip
2010-08-14, 10:34 AM
Nurture

"A... a possibility to dissipate the cloud? Of course I will help, Doctor. Dissipating or even weakening the effects of the cloud may allow me to complete my primary mission, as my... replacements were not quite sufficient."

GreenMuffin
2010-08-14, 03:28 PM
Dr. Querstein looks at Bulwark Chain of command? you may all work as peers, although if you want to elect someone in charge I don't suppose I can stop you. He resumes his speech. I'm glad you all have agreed to come. I also give you a little helper. He throws an alarm clock towards you, and eight little legs and a head pop out. Dr. Licha begins to talk His name is Sadau, and though he will likely be a help to you all, his direct connection is with Geasu, your new brother, here because they were made at about the same time. His eyes, although no-You can explain more to them as you walk them to the airport. We have a client waiting, you know. Says Dr. Querstein Of course the gnome says, mildly put out Follow me, Units! and attaches a gas mask to his face.

You walk outside. The building you stood in has a large balloon attached, and underneath that a fire. All the buildings float like this, and are connected by walkways, making it look like a giant spiderweb. The fires are maintained by magic, keeping the city afloat. If one was to go out, it would probably bring the whole city down. Many of you may ask "well if we're so high in the air, why isn't the elevation too high to breathe and too hot to live?" Once again, you can thank the high wizard for that. A large field of magic keeps out the heat and keeps in the pressure. Many of you have heard this all told before, and thus tune him out. A large airship flies overhead. It looks like a massive hot air balloon, except much sleeker, and with sails. Dr. Licha talks a lot about that, too, but by this time most of you have tuned him out. Then he begins talking about the coming of you. You see, originally, it was Lumic and I that started this project. He was the first test. I made the body, and then he performed the rituals. It all worked. Unfortunately, when he was transfered into his body, he lost a lot of memory, including how to perform the rituals. So, I took on Dr. Querstein. He sort of became in charge, but I don't mind. I'm not very responsible. He then turns to the rest of you Do you have any questions about our work? Or anything really...

Randel
2010-08-14, 05:05 PM
Lumic

Lumic thinks, trying to come up with at least one question.

"Yes, We are all freshly charged right now. How long do you estimate that we can operate in the field before we have to return here for necessary recharging or repairs?"

He checks his built-in mechanical timepiece. While their mechanical bodies are sturdy and can resist the negative effects of the cloud, they would require at least a little maintanance and supplies of steam to operate. As they have no information about the details of their mission, having a safety deadline to return to base could prevent a breakdown in the field.

He can naturaly perform repairs himself, but there could be equipment in the lab that he can't bring with him on their mission.

GreenMuffin
2010-08-14, 06:13 PM
Dr. Licha smiles We thought about that. On the ship we transported a replica of your steam posts, and your employer has agreed to lodge you, so you can put it there. We also have a portable steamer that you can carry with you, you just need water and a means to light a fire. You can last up to 12 days until you begin to feel the effect of lack of steam. However, we recommend steaming up three times a day. It's sort of like how humans need food and water.

As for repairs, you can visit a tinker. They're about as common as clerics nowadays with all these new gadgets. He should be able to fix minor repairs. However, if someone's core is damaged, you must bring them back here. Hopefully, that never happens. He says Anything else?

Randel
2010-08-14, 07:24 PM
Lumic

Lumic shakes his head, no other questions for the moment. He continues toward the ship.

RPZip
2010-08-14, 09:29 PM
Nurture

"Doctor, please make sure to keep an eye on the steamwork crawlers while I'm gone. They keep wanting to get into fights with the mecharachnids, and I'd hate to come back and find them all destroyed. I realize that it's not the success that you've dreamed about, but it's still a significant advance in lifeforms like ourselves... and if we cannot dissipate the cloud ourselves, those advancements may prove crucial to the future of all life."

OOCShaking his head, Nurture looks out into the billowing poison all around them. "I just wish that others would understand that, and not be quite so hostile to us. We're simply trying to help."

That assumes that people are hostile to the Warforged, which I'm not positive is true but seems pretty common in settings like this. If not then just pretend I never said it.

EDIT: Moved the text into the spoiler tags so it's not in the post, but we don't look like crazy people talking about things I didn't say.

GreenMuffin
2010-08-14, 09:39 PM
Yes, I will Dr. Licha says No need to worry. you cannot plan scientific outcomes, and any outcome involves a lot of hard work.

OOC
most people wouldn't know about you. I suspect the people of Ank might be hostile, but most people would be mystified.

RPZip
2010-08-14, 11:13 PM
Nurture

Nodding to the doctor, I kneel down and examine Sadau. The little creature is quite complex, an evolution of some of my self-replicating designs that trades in that capability for greatly expanded intelligence, size and ability, much like our own shells; it's a hybrid of the creations of the good doctors and my own work, and I quickly look it over to see if I can divine the changes made from my base plans.

"He's quite impressive, Doctor. You said that he's linked with Geasu? I see you've added in many of the features we ourselves share - how intelligent is it?"

GreenMuffin
2010-08-15, 12:18 AM
Intelligent enough to understand any command it's given and to survive in the face of danger. Dr. Licha says our most advanced non-humanoid creation.

GreenMuffin
2010-08-15, 03:47 PM
You arrive at the airport. long walkways lead out to where the ships are waiting. The Jesse, The Jesse... ah here we go! A medium-sized airship floats in front of you. A man stand in front of you Welcome aboard the Jesse. I am captain Qur. Captain... but you're the one yes, I hired you. I am an airship captain, so I came to fly you over, now come on aboard. You walk on, the wood is well polished, and the ship in general is well taken care of I will explain your mission in the morning over breakfast. For now, I have a large room for you all. You walk into the room. Your steamposts stand at the back of the room, other than that, the room is mostly empty. A small table, not much else. Here is where I say goodbye. Good luck on your mission!

your employer:
http://i32.tinypic.com/20l1nno.png

bruntonspall
2010-08-15, 05:40 PM
Do we recognise either the symbol on his chest, or the strange device on his head?
Captain, it's good to meet you. Are we free to investigate the ship while you set off? I'd like to have a look around if thats ok with you
Bulwark is keen to look around the ship and look at it's defenses in the case of arial combat, ship to port combat and areas that could be used to hold off a boarding party.

GreenMuffin
2010-08-15, 05:52 PM
You walk outside and see him barking orders. he turns. Of course. I'll tell one of my men to give you and any of your friends a tour.

He is not wearng the contraption on his head at this moment, but he does occasionally. It is used as a headlamp.

the symbol on his chest merely states that he is a captain

bruntonspall
2010-08-15, 06:57 PM
If you plan on doing ship combat at some point, then a copy of ship plans would be nice. If you don't or plan on not doing tactical combat on the ship then we can probably just assume that I spend an hour or two checking out the ship, enough to give me a good idea of where everything is, and allow me to pick the best defensive positions if any combat occurs.
Don't want to trouble you to do plans if we're getting off in 12 hours completely uninterrupted :smallsmile:
Thank you captain, your help is much appreciated.

Randel
2010-08-15, 10:58 PM
Lumic

Lumic looks at the big airship, admiring its craftsmanship and the work that went into it to let it fly like this.

"This is a fine ship you have, Captain Qur. Where was it built?" The warforged thinks about it. While he had lost the information for the ritual of his own construction... and there was only five years until the cloud covered the surface... the warforged was curious if he could learn to manufacture airships or the flying buildings before then.

Perhaps a sufficiently large number of warforged craftsmen could maintain a factory on the surface where they build airships for the human population. As it stands, the humans must be dedicating their workforce towards the flying cities and the construction of new warforged would allow for workers who could live in the clouded surface to maintain the cities.

Lumic shrugs, airships would come later, technically his mission should be to make more warforged that could live on the surface. That at least would guarantee that some intelligent life could survive the End. Building and maintaining the ships and cities should come second.

Of course, that would be long term. For now a tour of this vessel is what he should concentrate on, then complete this mission and get money to fund the warforged project... though the possibility to save the world in the process would be nice.

Lumic softly walks through the ship during the tour, despite his heavy metal frame he makes little noise.

GreenMuffin
2010-08-16, 01:06 PM
The Jesse was made at Ank. I bought it from an old man who said that he was approaching the end of his life. I repainted it and hired a crew. The guide arrives and he shows you through The ballistas are used to fight other ships, or larger monsters, but they are practically useless against smaller ones. For that, everyone's equipped with a crossbow. he says. he continues the tour and shows you the engine room and the quarters and the kitchen and so on.

RPZip
2010-08-16, 05:58 PM
Nurture

"Captain, do you have any plants or animals onboard? I would be interested to see them to see how they've adapted to life on your ship; even useful pets might be interesting. It's part of my research."

Glancing around at the kitchen, Nurture takes stock of the food that the cooks are preparing; as an artificial construct he had no real need to eat, but the steps that were taken to prepare their power source had always fascinated him. Especially when he transformed into his swarm of linked clockwork crawlers, he had to fight down the desire to consume what he was attacking. The idea of actually ingesting the material was both sickening and yet... strangely fascinating.

Shaking himself, he turns back to the captain to follow him on the rest of the tour.

GreenMuffin
2010-08-16, 07:34 PM
I'm afraid not. We tend to do quite a bit of traveling above the cloud, and it's impossible to live outside without a gas mask. Even when someone leaves their pet inside, inevitably they forget and leave their window open as we fly above the cloud.

RPZip
2010-08-16, 10:07 PM
Nurture

"A shame, captain. I had looked forward to seeing how those creatures might have adapted to minute traces of the cloud over sustained periods of time.

Randel
2010-08-17, 01:17 AM
Lumic

"Unfortunately, biological adaptation takes time to work. In order to a species to adapt to a new environment it needs time for those with the traits to survive in it to reproduce and pass on their traits to another generation. Very few life forms on this world can breed fast enough for new generations to reach maturity in time to make any difference with the time frame we have."

Lumic thinks, "It may be interesting to examine the surface world under the cloud to see if anything has survived... perhaps ants or roaches. Although with the cloud blocking out the light then trees and plants would lack the sunlight they need to survive even if they could stand the poison."

Lumic frowns at this, the lack of photosynthesis would have huge implications for all organic life. Unless they set up perpetual magic that generated sunlight for the plants then they would all go extinct regardless. The oceans would suffer the same fate with their plant-plankton dying as well... there might be some strange life forms at the bottom of the ocean, pink flower-like anemones who live in dark trenches where no light ever shows, creatures that survive by metabolizing the sulfur from undersea vents. Living and dying in silence and darkness, occasionally growing and shedding crimson pedals that serve no function other than to be beutiful... a beauty that could never be known for it exists in a place where no light shows, where no living creature can see them, and possibly... on a planet where no intelligent life could live or would ever exist again.

That blossoming creature in the darkness could very well be the only form of life to survive this Apocalypse, a lone spark that would continue its silent vigil of survival after all other life had vanished.

Lumic thinks these things silently, the barest flicker or an oily tear in his eye. Perhaps if they fail than those delicate and unseen blossoms could remain and... perhaps in a million years or more... could sire a new form of life that metabolize something else. Perhaps its children could adapt to breath the toxic air that now chokes this planet and blocks out the sun.

In a million years then slithering, crawling things could arise from the oceans and flick their gossamer tongues to taste the air... to sense, breath, and taste a world devoid of light and under a cloud of caustic. Those creatures could become the new form of life and colonize this world.

Lumic chuckles. Such daydreams are interesting, but with any luck he can prevent that from happening and the little blossoming creatures can live their lives in peace. No sense putting the burdens of all life on the shoulders of such creatures.

"Perhaps... gas masks for cats?" he offers, trying to get back to the issue at hand.

RPZip
2010-08-17, 02:56 PM
Lumic

"Unfortunately, biological adaptation takes time to work. In order to a species to adapt to a new environment it needs time for those with the traits to survive in it to reproduce and pass on their traits to another generation. Very few life forms on this world can breed fast enough for new generations to reach maturity in time to make any difference with the time frame we have."

"Indeed, Lumic. But I was pondering the possibility of... of..." Grasping for the right word, Nurture leans upon his staff and rests as a faint skittering sound is heard from under his cloak. "...of successful life forms here. The presence of pets which had managed to survive may indicate some method of detecting the cloud, or at least of tolerating minute quantities of it before fleeing a contaminated area. Their absence is... disheartening. Although..."

Turning back to the captain, Nurture begins to scan the walls for any signs of vermin or insects living within the ship. "Even if there are no real pets or livestock, surely you must still have some vermin onboard. Or have they all been killed off as well? A study of anything that has survived would be most useful for my interests."

GreenMuffin
2010-08-17, 03:00 PM
Everything Lumic says goes way over the captains head. Yeah... sure. When the mention of cat gas masks comes up Most people barely make enough money to get by, due to terrible farming quality. While human gas masks are issued, cat gas masks will cost a lot.

Rannil
2010-08-18, 02:49 AM
Geasu stares at Sadau. That was almost an pet and animal. Probably also to expensive. He no true understanding of what the others said, but the things he understand made him realize it was important, just not expertise. He decides to keep quiet by lack of anything to say.

GreenMuffin
2010-08-21, 01:09 PM
assuming you are all done with the day

You all pass the day without any problems. In the morning you all walk down to join the captain for breakfast, although you can't eat it yourself. After a few mouthfuls, he begins to talk about your mission. I want you to retrieve the rod that fell to earth. After much research, I've found that if we throw the rod into the crevice that it opened, it will close and the clouds will dissapate. I am too weak to so this myself. however, when you have retrieved the rod, I will fly us over to the crevice. In order to retrieve the rod, you must find Zan and get the rod from him. No one knows where he is except an old hermit named Runta who lives in the mishtoad woods northwest of Sylum. Any questions?

RPZip
2010-08-21, 07:50 PM
Nurture

"I have one, Captain. How did you find this out? Both that the rod will close the crevice, and that this hermit - Runta, was it? - knows where he is located?"

Randel
2010-08-22, 01:51 AM
Lumic

Lumic ponders this new information. "So... if this disaster could be solved by tossing the rod into the crevice and Zan hasn't done so already... and Zan has been seen recently by a hermit... then there is something wrong with Zans head."

Lumic turns to the Captain "What do you know about Zan, particularly anything regarding his sanity, strength, or powers since he came into possession of the rod?"

Lumic "It is saddening to think that a man could have in his possession a means to stop this disaster but would refuse to do so. What could such a man possibly hope to gain by letting the world die? I mean... if he wanted riches or anything else he could make demands for it in exchange for ending this curse."

bruntonspall
2010-08-22, 02:30 PM
Bulwark: What more do you know about this Runta character? I guess we should head straight for Sylum so we can find out some more, and head off to these woods.

Rannil
2010-08-23, 06:32 AM
Geasu thinks for moment. "Information about the area we are going to visit could be useful as well. Maybe there are dangerous to be aware of?"

GreenMuffin
2010-08-23, 06:25 PM
He looks at Nurture I've done my research. I've spent over five years on this project. I know that most tales tell truth, and I've heard tales, and from reliable sources.

He turns to Lumic I don't think that he can bring himself to give away such power, and his head isn't clear enough to realize that his power is useless with no way to implement it. Besides he says I've heard the rod has a mind of it's own.

he turns to Bulwark Not very much is known about him, as he likes to keep to himself. however, I've heard that he practices magic outside of any kingdoms rule.

He turns to Geasu That forest is a smaller elven settlement, so there shouldn't be too much danger there. However, in order to get to the forest, you must sneak past goblin settlements. They're not going to like intruders in their territory, but the way around is even more dangerous, through the feywilds. No one has returned from there.

Randel
2010-08-24, 07:51 PM
Lumic

Lumic nods "Power does things to anyone... though if the rod itself has a mind then that could complicate things. Perhaps we should take a bag or something to contain it once we retrieve it. It might be able to mind control anyone exposed to it, less exposure would reduce the risk of complications in disposing."

GreenMuffin
2010-08-26, 03:20 PM
Are there any more questions?

bruntonspall
2010-08-26, 03:48 PM
Hmm Lumic makes a good point, carrying this rod might be troublesome. However at the moment we aren't anywhere near the rod, we can deal with that thorny problem when we get there, assuming we get through the elven forest, the goblins, the fey and the crazy old man who practices forbidden magic. Bulwark chortles, This should be fun.

GreenMuffin
2010-08-26, 04:30 PM
The captain laughs You won't have to go through the feywilds if you go through the goblins. And keep in mind, forbidden and evil are two completely different things. He says Any more questions?

Randel
2010-08-27, 02:29 AM
Lumic

Lumic shakes his head "no". He's willing to move on once everyone is ready.

RPZip
2010-08-27, 10:47 PM
Sorry for the delays - I'll start checking the thread manually more often, but my thread subscription didn't ping my e-mail like it usually does.

Nurture

"No, Captain. I must confess that I'm intrigued by this mission, and I look forward to starting without further delay.

GreenMuffin
2010-08-30, 12:07 AM
Okay, then as soon as we get to Sylum, you can BOOM! the airship shakes. What was that? The captain dashes upstairs. The man steering the ship turns to the captain and points at the small dragon-like creatures surrounding the ship. We ran into a flock of drakes, sir. They're too small for the ballistas. We'll have to take them by hand. Everyone grab a crossbow! All crew head above the ballon to take those one's out. The captain says, then turns to you. I'm sure you can take out the ones down here on your own. Let's call it a test of your capabilities. He climbs up the ladder with the rest of the crew.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2wbw0pl.png

Roll Initiative!

RPZip
2010-08-30, 12:21 AM
Nurture

Reacting swiftly to the captain's words, Nurture takes a moment to assess the situation before moving.

[roll0]

Rannil
2010-08-30, 01:43 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Maybe also include Sadau on the map if it isn't t much trouble. Not sure if I'm going to use him, but I believe I can attack and he can move and on a next turn I can use an ability that let us both attack. Unless the drakes are out of his reach eh. *Points at the ones that look they are on the deck.*

bruntonspall
2010-08-30, 05:26 PM
Away from reliable power and internet and I can't access my char sheet from my phone. Can someone roll initiative for me.

GreenMuffin
2010-08-30, 07:51 PM
Away from reliable power and internet and I can't access my char sheet from my phone. Can someone roll initiative for me.

Initiative: [roll0]

Randel
2010-08-30, 07:59 PM
Lumic

Seeing the attack, Lumic readies his armbow and prepares to defend.

Initiative:[roll0]

Randel
2010-08-30, 08:24 PM
Lumic
Quickly taking everything into consideration, Lumic leaps into action and utters a weapon enchantment infusion before firing a bolt from armbow at one of the drakes.

"Stay together brothers, these creatures are nothing compared to mettle and steel. Defend the ship!"

Power: Magic Weapon
Target: Drake#2
Attack (vs AC):[roll0]
Damage(force):[roll1]
If Crit:[roll2]

If it hits the target then everyone adjacent to me (I think Geasu and Bulwark) gets a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and a +3 bonus to damage until the end of my next turn.

RPZip
2010-08-30, 11:55 PM
Nurture

Seeing the drake approaching from all sides, Nurture reaches deep within himself to summon a whirlpool of magical power to suck at its feet. As he does so, his form shatters into a swarm of skittering mechanical arachnids that swarm forward towards the other wyvern on the ship.

Power: Grasping Tide
Target: P7 (Drake #2)
Attack (vs. Fortitude) [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If Drake #2 moves out of the 3x3 square centered on P7, which is to say moves at all, I can (and will) make an opportunity action to knock it prone. If you want me to just roll this later in the future let me know.

Target: Drake #2
Attack (vs. Reflex) [roll2]

Power: Wild Shape (shift to Beast Form)

Move to G7, which I should be able to do without giving him an OA against me (H11 -> G10 -> F9 -> F8 -> G7).

Rannil
2010-09-01, 03:46 PM
Can my Spider reach the drakes above deck? Is yes my move action would be to move him to Drake 2.

I will name Drake 7 my Quarry and attack it with a Twin-Strike
Attack 1: [roll0] damage: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2] damage: [roll3]
Quarry damage: [roll4], which will be on the first attack that hits (if any hits)

GreenMuffin
2010-09-01, 06:07 PM
Lumic shoots his armbow, but it flies right under the drakes belly. The Drake gets mad and swoops down over you on the shoulder (5 damage) Nurture begins sucking under the drake with his spell, and the drake is whipped around easily. Turning into a clockwork spider, he scuttles over to a drake, who begins pecking at it, but keeps on missing. Many other drakes, seeing their new meal, also begin to come over and peck at Nurture (a hit and a crit, 6 and a 10). Geasu fires twice and and they jam themselves into the drakes body. The drake attempts to attack, but you duck as it attempts to bite your metalic head. Another drake attempts to do the same to bulwark, but also fails.

http://i56.tinypic.com/flxdoj.png

Bulwark's turn

bruntonspall
2010-09-01, 06:48 PM
That last update picture appears to be missing, My assumption is that in order to attack us, they have moved closer, so I don't need to move to hit back at the one that hit me (drake 5?), if that's not true, I'll have to move first I think.
Bulwark looks at the ugly drake that attacked him, you will regret that he mutters, and with a mighty blow swings his axe at the thing

Move - J13 - G13, F12, G11 (5 squares)
At will Minor - Demand (mark) the drake that attacked
At Will Standard - Bulls Strength on drake
ToHit Con (+7) vs AC: [roll0]
Damage [roll1] and target is pushed 1 square to I12
No move action until I can see a map, my powers are tactical in nature (number of adjacent allies, etc)

GreenMuffin
2010-09-01, 07:57 PM
You were attacked by Drake 5

RPZip
2010-09-01, 08:57 PM
My class feature (Swarm Druid) reduces the damage I take from melee and ranged (i.e. non-burst/blast) attacks by my Con modifier, which in this case is 3. Did you subtract that from the damage already?

Randel
2010-09-02, 08:56 PM
Lumic

Lumic automatically reloads his armbow and turns to see one of the wounded drakes, aiming to take it out quickly.

Power: Magic Weapon
Target: Drake#7
Attack (vs AC): [roll0]
Damage(force):[roll1]

If it hits the target then everyone adjacent to me (I think Geasu and Bulwark) gets a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and a +3 bonus to damage until the end of my next turn.

Arcana roll to identify the drakes and any weaknesses:
Arcana: [roll2]

RPZip
2010-09-02, 09:20 PM
Nurture

Surrounded on all sides by the biting, clawing drakes, Nurture's skittering swarm responds in kind. The spiders hiss and leap at their attackers, several of them attacking each of the nearby drakes in a rage.

Over their keening wail, a decidedly organic slurping sound can be heard as they savagely tear into the drake's flesh.
Shift to F8
Scattered Form (Close Burst 1) against #2, #4 and #6
Attack versus Reflex:
Damage: [roll1]
Attack versus Reflex: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Attack versus Reflex: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Until EONT, I take half damage from all incoming attacks (applied after the -3 from my class feature and not before, sadly).

I'll make a Nature roll to see if I can determine anything about the Drakes as well; [roll]1d20+9

EDIT: Or not, not sure why that didn't work.

Rannil
2010-09-06, 09:05 AM
As Geasu tried to cover one of his team mates, the drake he send Sadau to attack flew away, but another came closer, at the right position. He notified Sadau he should attack and while the drake is distracted Geasu quickly shoots.

Preturn -> Immediately action to the first drake that attacked Nurture.
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
If hits the drake suffers a -7 on that attack roll.

My turn:
I switch my Quarry to drake 3
I use my (daily) Partnered Savaging at the same drake 3.

Sadau Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3] (Miss half damage)
Geasu Attack: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]
Quarry: [roll6] on the first attack that hits, if any hits.