PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Several random things about a Psywar build

Dusk Eclipse
2010-08-13, 10:15 PM
I am trying to build a psychic warrior build and while trying to build it, several issues came up, so I want to ask if you guys can help me.

1: On a cheese scale of 1 to 10 (where 1 is aFull BAB class taking power attack and 10 is pun pun) where does takinng Tashalastora without monk levels fit? By RAW you can take it with 0 monk levels

2: I am taking a modified version of Daleky Half blood, that trades the save-or-be-dazed-if-you-try-to-read-my-mind-thingy for 3 bonus PP, do you think it is balanced?

3I really like the psionic sinew [FF] symbiont but sadly it doesn't appear on the symbiont table of the Daelkyr Halfblood so I came up with this progression:

First Level: Claws of the Beast (Can augment the power as if a known power or pay the dex point cost as normal
6th level: Force screen power, as normal pay the Dex poin or treat is as a known power

Again is this balanced? I want it to propose this to my DM

Third:Recon I should burn a feat in track to enter slayer?.

hmmm I think that is all, might come up with more things in the future.

Thanks in advance

gallagher
2010-08-13, 10:25 PM
I am trying to build a psychic warrior build and while trying to build it, several issues came up, so I want to ask if you guys can help me.

1: On a cheese scale of 1 to 10 (where 1 is aFull BAB class taking power attack and 10 is pun pun) where does takinng Tashalastora without monk levels fit? By RAW you can take it with 0 monk levels

2: I am taking a modified version of Daleky Half blood, that trades the save-or-be-dazed-if-you-try-to-read-my-mind-thingy for 3 bonus PP, do you think it is balanced?

3I really like the psionic sinew [FF] symbiont but sadly it doesn't appear on the symbiont table of the Daelkyr Halfblood so I came up with this progression:

First Level: Claws of the Beast (Can augment the power as if a known power or pay the dex point cost as normal
6th level: Force screen power, as normal pay the Dex poin or treat is as a known power

Again is this balanced? I want it to propose this to my DM

Third:Recon I should burn a feat in track to enter slayer?.

hmmm I think that is all, might come up with more things in the future.

Thanks in advance

i am unsure about the others, but Tashalastora was intended for you to mix monk and psionic classes... so if you arent using monk levels but getting the monk bonuses, that is pretty cheesy. just take 2 levels of monk and use your bonus feats on monastic training and Tashalastora. this way you also get evasion and still get all your best powers

Dusk Eclipse
2010-08-13, 10:29 PM
yeah It is pretty cheesy but I figured I should ask anyway...

gallagher
2010-08-13, 10:31 PM
yeah It is pretty cheesy but I figured I should ask anyway...

you dont really lose anything by taking monk levels. heck, you wont need a weapon, your damage is going to scale, and instead of using regular offensive powers, you now augment your fists. picture poisoning someone badly by punching them. actually, you can make your unarmed strikes with any part of your body. you can poison people with a hip thrust. that is worth doing at least once

Dusk Eclipse
2010-08-13, 10:37 PM
hmmm I would need to get poison immunity but that is easy enough... flury of blows covered on black lotus extract (gotten through psionic minor creation) followed by a Natural attack routing (claws of the beast/jaw of the wolf/rapid strike)...... nice

Snake-Aes
Define "cheese", please. Tashalatora builds use it exactly as it is meant to be used.

Urpriest
you dont really lose anything by taking monk levels. heck, you wont need a weapon, your damage is going to scale, and instead of using regular offensive powers, you now augment your fists. picture poisoning someone badly by punching them. actually, you can make your unarmed strikes with any part of your body. you can poison people with a hip thrust. that is worth doing at least once

All of which is irrelevant, since RAW (well by some interpretations) you can do all of that as a Psionic Warrior with Tashalatora and no monk levels. That said, evasion is nice, and higher bonus feat density can be worth the loss of power points.

Urpriest
2010-08-13, 10:38 PM
Define "cheese", please. Tashalatora builds use it exactly as it is meant to be used.

Don't most Tashalatora builds use Monk 2?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-08-13, 10:39 PM

I am pretty sure RAI tashalastora was intended to be used with monk levels, my question is how cheesy would be taking it with no monk levels whatsoever.

Cheese on a scale from 1 to 10 where 1 is taking PA as afighter and 10 pun pun

Snake-Aes
2010-08-13, 10:43 PM
Don't most Tashalatora builds use Monk 2?

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Somehow I have missed the "without monk levels" bit in the OP.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-08-15, 02:27 PM
So... anyone got a comment on my plan?

Snake-Aes
2010-08-15, 02:37 PM
You're gaining 2 ML, 2 powers and losing feats(+1 psy, -4 monk). While your unarmed strike and your flurry will be maxed, you will not have Improved Unarmed Strike. Since Tashalatora only lets you stack the level-based bonus to AC, odds are you won't get wis to ac either.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-08-15, 02:43 PM
Meh, I think I'll take a level of monk for tashalastora....