PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Dominating PCs (and them forgetting it)

redzimmer
2010-08-14, 10:58 AM
Hey there.

In my 3.5 campaign I would like to turn my PCs in to the fantasy equivalent of the Manchurian Candidate.

What spells would I need to

a) implant a command that the PCs will execute at the desired moment,

and

b) make them forget (in character) they have this command in their head until the moment to execute the command occurs.

I could just fudge it, but I'd prefer to do it by the book. Any 3.5 options save psionics will do.

Thanks.

Kylarra
2010-08-14, 11:02 AM
Craft contingent spell works on some level, although you'll probably need CL boosters to avoid it getting dispelled.

Suggestion sort of works, but the low duration isn't so hot, so you'd need to fiat a longer duration one.

Adumbration
2010-08-14, 11:07 AM
Mindrape. tenchars

Quietus
2010-08-14, 11:23 AM
Dominate person : "Act as normal until X happens, then do Y". It's telepathic, so no one around knows what's happening : All your PCs will know is that they've made a will save... and have no idea what it will do.

Binks
2010-08-14, 11:29 AM
A well crafted Dominate Person command could work, though it's a bit close to fudging. Something like 'Act perfectly normal and forget you're under my influence until (condition), at which point (do thing)'. One day/level (with the concentration though) extended from a high level BBEG means it could last quite a while, and you could always just have him pop in once in a while and recast it.

EDIT: Ninja'd! :P.

Boci
2010-08-14, 11:32 AM
Programned amnesia could so it, but thats a 9th level spell.