PDA

View Full Version : [NEXUS] The Cat's Guild

Haruki-kun
2010-08-14, 10:36 PM
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/Haruki-san/rect2816.png

The Premise:
This is a New Faction within the Nexus/Acro Universe. The Cat's Guild is a secret network, aligned Chaotic Good. This does not mean only Chaotic Good members may exist, but the organization's ideals are.

The Cat's Guild Works under the following premises:

The Cat's Guild recognizes no form of government. It will work as it sees fit.
The Cat's Guild works to protect the poor and the weak by any means necessary.
The Cat's Guild is not a revolutionary front and does not work to confront any form of government except when the Second Premise is compromised.
The Cat's Guild demands loyalty from its members, but it does not force them to sever ties with any other association. As long as the premises are respected.
The Cat's Guild is headed by the Five Seats.

The Rules (READ BEFORE JOINING OR POSTING IN THIS THREAD):
This group requires secrecy. Because of the nature of the group, special measures must be taken to ensure that its secrets won't be spilled out IC. Therefore, the following will occur.

First, the base is hidden by a spell not unlike the Fidelius Charm. (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Fidelius_Charm) The base will be hidden and cannot be found by any outsider, even if said outsider was standing out the door. The only way new members may find the base is by being told of its location by the Secret-Keeper. Haruki-kun is the Secret-Keeper. No other member can even speak the location. This also applies to reverse psychology scenarios such as "If you can't say 'The Cat's Guild is in X location, that means that's where it is!". The Charm cannot be broken. Violating the rules of the Charm constitutes godmodding.

Second, when members are enlisted, they are put under an unbreakable charm that prevents them from revealing any other members. This also applies to the aforementioned reverse psychology scenarios. Again, any character who does not follow the charm is godmodding.

How to join:

I have an existent character who I want to join the Guild with.
Let any of the Seats know. We will arrange a meeting, have the character enlisted, and reveal the location of the base. Basically, we'll go through the joining process. If you want to, we can skip the meeting, but your character will be put under the same charm to prevent information from being revealed. The scene will simply be omitted.

I want to create a new character for this.
Just jump in. Sending us a PM would be nice as a heads up, but not necessary. If they don't have any sort of history in Acro, then we can just introduce them as new members. Remember: new members are also under the Charms.

So who are the Five Seats?
There are Five Seats. However, only two of them are known. To make this more interesting, we are keeping the others a secret, both OOC and IC. As a matter of fact, the other three don't even know who each other is!

The Five Seats

The Cat's Eyes: Haruki the Archangel, played by Haruki-kun.
The Cat's Tongue: CT, played by Lady Tialait.
The Cat's Claws: ???????
The Cat's Ears: ???????
The Cat's Fangs: ???????

The Base:
The base has a common room, sleeping areas with lots of free beds, and a meeting area.

In the Common room, on the wall is a large board with several maps, newspaper clippings, and notes about events to look into. People can put up any rumors or news they hear for other members to catch up.

Lady Tialait
2010-08-14, 11:39 PM
CT walks into the base and giggles.

"Well, evil didn't work out that well. So, time for super secrete spy business. What is the first mission? Does it have to do with fish guts?"

Haruki-kun
2010-08-14, 11:43 PM
An NPC heads up to CT.

"No, my Lady. I'm afraid no missions have yet been added to the board. Although there were reports of some sort of commotion occurring in a tavern somewhere. We do not believe Civilians were in any way endangered."

Lady Tialait
2010-08-14, 11:45 PM
CT quirks her brow and opens her mouth holding up a finger. She then scratches her forehead and shrugs.

"Oh yeah, not evil now. It will take time to restore the chaos. Do we have any banana pudding? I would really like some."

Haruki-kun
2010-08-14, 11:48 PM
"I.... do believe the Archangel left some behind in the fridge, m'lady..."

The Orange-speaking NPC is looking somewhat confused.

Lady Tialait
2010-08-14, 11:55 PM
CT walks to the kitchen with the NPC in tow. She giggles and skips as she takes out the pudding only to find, slightly horrified that it is not in fact banana but fo-nana pudding. The horrified child recoils back dropping the fo-nana pudding. The slow motion kicks in as it falls to the floor shattering. The screeching music plays as both CT and the confused NPC look upon the pudding, with passion in their eyes. The pudding splatters on the floor, smugly.

"Wait a second."

CT reaches down and takes a fingerfull of the pudding and teases it swishing it around in her mouth.

"It's not fo-nana, it's real. Never mind."

CT skips off leaving the pudding to be cleaned up by a NPC janitor. CT turns to the Orange speaking NPC who I shall name George.

"So, what about this tavern?"

Haruki-kun
2010-08-15, 12:04 AM
"Well, something about a tentacle monst-" the NPC suddenly realizes he is speaking to a child.

"....nothing. Nothing at all. Oh!"

He walks to the table and picks up a sheet of paper. "The Cat's Eyes did leave a message, though. 'Went out recruiting, BRB.' That's all it says."

Lady Tialait
2010-08-15, 12:08 AM
CT rolled her eyes.

"Soo, Harry. So very him. That angel is always recruiting. It doesn't say where does it? I could ask my momself to help recruit. But she is more a CN kinda girl, and is in love with blah blah blah romantic drama."

The little girl giggled.

"Oh well, um..who's leg to I have to hump to get a milk shake around here?"

Haruki-kun
2010-08-15, 12:11 AM
Inside the NPC's mind:

"THIS is my superior?"

Outside it:

"Uh... if it were my Lady's desire, I could make one for you."

Lady Tialait
2010-08-15, 12:17 AM
CT smiles at George.

"Sounds good. I'll wait here."

CT freezes in place, and doesn't seem to be breathing. This wouldn't be so odd if at the moment of saying 'here' she wasn't standing on one foot and giving a cheesy grin.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-15, 12:23 AM
We're not acually gonna go through every excrutiating detail of how the shake was made. Let's just say a few minutes later, the NPC gives her a shake. Hopefully, she's still alive.

*sigh* "I wonder how that recruiting is doing."

Lady Tialait
2010-08-15, 12:28 AM
CT squeals and takes the shake. Drinking it. She then takes a seat at a table, pawns it at the fence, and then sits down on a pillow on the floor.

"Who knows. The Archangel does pretty good recruiting. But, really..you know what we need? A plot. Something quick and easy. I know!"

CT goes back to the fence, gets caught in traffic, finally arrives with something she has bought but was about a buck short so had to go steal something at a nearby golden arches to buy. She sits back down on her pillow and smiles.

"Alright, this is called a 'Plot Device' and it's totally not stolen."

CT opens the box and pushes a button therein. A small child steps out of the box and kneels in front of CT.

"I love you!"

CT gasps and takes the child's hand, it then looks at her strangly.

"I love cannot be! I am your evil twin from another reality!..AND THE FUTURE!" DUH DUH DUUUUH!

CT then facepalms, as i'm sure anyone reading this would.

"Great, I got a soap-plot-device. I hate those."

Haruki-kun
2010-08-15, 12:36 AM
"We....should probably wait for more people to arrive. We're expecting a few, so it shouldn't take long."

((Deadtime'd.))

Lady Tialait
2010-08-15, 09:20 AM
CT dings.

"I had a great idea! I'll be back!"

CT leaves through the front door, she has a BRILLIANT idea.

billtodamax
2010-08-16, 03:31 AM
Fin opens the front door and looks around inside.

Hello? I was just recruited... Fin says, looking around the guild.

Before noticing all of the materials for a shake in the kitchen.

Sweet!

He starts running, vaulting over the kitchen counter, and spinning a cup in his hand before he starts to mix the ingredients together.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-16, 11:13 AM
The NPC looks at Fin. "Oh, hello! Welcome! Are you new here?"

Lady Tialait
2010-08-16, 01:20 PM
CT walks around the Guild Hall and licks all the walls. CT sees Fin and skips over to him giggling.

"Hiya! I am child Tialait, you can call me CT!"

The little girl licks Fin.

"I'm the cat's tongue, so my job is to make sure the cat knows what everything tastes like. I talk to the cat, and the cat asks me what it tastes like. If I don't know, I phail."

Haruki-kun
2010-08-16, 03:25 PM
The door opens. Stranger walks in, followed by Tyril. As soon as they're both inside, he closes the door and takes the cloak off.

His long silver hair flows behind his back. As soon as the cloak is off, his wings reappear. Finally, he takes off the Chef's hat, which had been hiding the Halo.

"Ah... Much better. I hate having to hide like that."

Lady Tialait
2010-08-16, 03:44 PM
CT runs at the Archangel. She jumps in the air, aaand vicegrip hug!

"Harurki! Your at the base!!"

She giggles as she sides down Harurki's body and smiles from the floor.

"News from the underground?"

Haruki-kun
2010-08-16, 03:46 PM
"'Fraid not. Not many, anyway. Everyone's still doing the same old thing. Luckily. I did bring us a new friend, though."

Lady Tialait
2010-08-16, 04:15 PM
"We need to shake it up. I mean, I join the Cat's Guild to be a goody goody...I did it for 'special missions' and such. Or, ya'know the milkshakes."

billtodamax
2010-08-17, 01:42 AM
The NPC looks at Fin. "Oh, hello! Welcome! Are you new here?"

CT walks around the Guild Hall and licks all the walls. CT sees Fin and skips over to him giggling.

"Hiya! I am child Tialait, you can call me CT!"

The little girl licks Fin.

"I'm the cat's tongue, so my job is to make sure the cat knows what everything tastes like. I talk to the cat, and the cat asks me what it tastes like. If I don't know, I phail."

Fin is licked. He looks down at where he was licked with confusion, before CT explains it.

Hello Child Tialat! Hello Terry! (I hope you don't mind me calling you Terry, I don't actually know your name). Hello angel! I assume your name is Haruki. I am indeed new. He says, drinking some of his shake.

Shadowcaller
2010-08-17, 10:45 AM
The newcomer stands a bit behind Haruki, inspecting the surrounding area with a straight face, betraying no emotions whatsoever.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/e4e7618.png

"So this is the place then? Perhaps introductions are in order." The armored woman says as she fingers her spear.

Lady Tialait
2010-08-17, 01:28 PM
CT waves her wand of all nature and a spark of green energy falls to the ground. A plant platform grows under her feet bringing her to eye level with the newcomer. A stern look in her eyes as she spoke to the newcomer.

"Welcome to the Sacred organization of the Cat's Guild. I speak for the Cat. I am her tongue. The Archangel who showed you this place is the Cat's Eyes. There are three others making five. This is our guild."

CT giggles as her expression turns to that of a little girl.

"And this is my new freind Mr. Fluffy!"

She jumps off the plant and lands on Fin wrapping her arms and legs around him.

"He tastes like loyalty!"

Haruki-kun
2010-08-17, 01:38 PM
"I am Haruki," he says, tilting his head forward, "Archangel of the Blue Moon, son of Selene. Assigned to the Nexus as one of the Celestial Realm's field agents. And I am one of the five leaders of the Cat's Guild. A pleasure."

"And this," he adds, gesturing around the area, "is the Cat's Guild's base. The Cat's Den if you will. As long as you remain loyal to the Guild, you may use them at will."

Shadowcaller
2010-08-17, 03:15 PM
((Sorry for slow reply...))

She eyes CT and Haruki, her eyes hinting of surprise, despite that her expression remains neutral.

"I am honored to be in the presence of an archangel and... you as well speaker of the Cat." She makes a bow of respect. "And I thank you for this welcome, I am Tyril Rotherstone, a servant of the burning light, at your service."

She pauses a bit to let that skin in, "First of all, before you ask me anything, is there anything I should know about the guild now that I am here?"

Lady Tialait
2010-08-17, 03:36 PM
CT grins mischievously.

"That. Is a secret."

Shadowcaller
2010-08-17, 04:29 PM
Tyril blinks, not used to this kind of talk "Okay... so what can you tell me about the guild then?"

Haruki-kun
2010-08-17, 04:31 PM
"Well, if you are within the prescence of any activities that may concern the guild, buy all means, let us know. By this I mean oppressive, abusive, or downright Evil.

What do you wish to know?"

Shadowcaller
2010-08-17, 04:42 PM
"I can assure you, as a servant of the burning light, I won't stand idly by seeing injustice or cruelty take place." She /really/ means that part as her eyes seems to burn as she says it.

Tyril then takes a deep breath, claiming down a bit, "As a member, what am I entitled to?"

Haruki-kun
2010-08-17, 04:58 PM
"Shelter within the base any time you desire, Access to the Network, and the undying loyalty of your fellow Guildmates who will come to your aid in time of need."

He also really means that.

"Also, I've been working on a tracking spell. The spell would let everyone know if something were to happen to you. But it's still not completed yet."

Shadowcaller
2010-08-17, 08:43 PM
"So I have a room around here somewhere?" Tyril asks curiously "I lack a place to sleep you see, I am not unfamiliar with sleeping in the woods, but it would just be nice to have a bed. I had a office once actually, was destroyed by demons however, a little girl died...." She shakes her head sadly.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-17, 09:30 PM
"That's horrible," says Haruki frowning. "Well, we do offer a place to sleep, but not so much in the way of private rooms. There's sleeping quarters upstairs." he points at a Spiral Staircase in the corner, which goes both, up and down. "Several rooms, with several beds. You can take whichever one you like."

billtodamax
2010-08-18, 05:41 AM
CT waves her wand of all nature and a spark of green energy falls to the ground. A plant platform grows under her feet bringing her to eye level with the newcomer. A stern look in her eyes as she spoke to the newcomer.

"Welcome to the Sacred organization of the Cat's Guild. I speak for the Cat. I am her tongue. The Archangel who showed you this place is the Cat's Eyes. There are three others making five. This is our guild."

CT giggles as her expression turns to that of a little girl.

"And this is my new freind Mr. Fluffy!"

She jumps off the plant and lands on Fin wrapping her arms and legs around him.

"He tastes like loyalty!"

Fin turns so that CT jumps onto his back, before trying to put his arms under her legs and giving her a piggy-back.

Or you could call me Fin! Fin says, grinning. Loyalty, huh? He asks, nodding. Alright. Terry! He says, before stopping.

Lady Tialait
2010-08-18, 10:38 AM
CT nods and giggles. And waves her wand of all nature. A single spark of green energy flies over to a nearby wall. The wall then warps backwards making a small alcove. Flowers and vines grow into the form of a bedroom. CT then waves her hand and hundreds of white doves fly into the room and shake off lose feathers. The plants wrap around those feathers as the birds fly away. The whole of the process takes only moments and there is a nice bedroom with a dove-down bed.

"There you go Terry. Your bedroom!"

Vines coil down to make a sudo-door.

"Do you want one Mr. Fluffy?"

Shadowcaller
2010-08-18, 10:55 AM
Tyril nods "Thank you Archangel, may I ask a question though? Angels on my plane are very rare, they actually starts as demons that then are purified by the burning light. What I was wondering is, are there are similarities between that." Her voice betrays a slight tone of hopefulness, glancing at Haruki's wings

Haruki-kun
2010-08-18, 11:07 AM
Tyril nods "Thank you Archangel, may I ask a question though? Angels on my plane are very rare, they actually starts as demons that then are purified by the burning light. What I was wondering is, are there are similarities between that." Her voice betrays a slight tone of hopefulness, glancing at Haruki's wings

"Not necessarily. That can happen, but it's usually the other way around. We're born as souls of Purity and Light, to serve the gods and mortals."

He looks thoughtful for a second. "Well, most cases, anyway. You might say I'm a special case, since I was born from a goddess."

Shadowcaller
2010-08-18, 11:17 AM
"There are no gods or goddess in my world, only demons and the burning light I'm afraid." She pauses, cluthing her spear, looking down at the ground "I am actually a demon as well... technically, but I am on my way to try to become an angel, which is what I wanted to ask you about. But I guess you wouldn't know anything about that then."

Haruki-kun
2010-08-18, 11:26 AM
Haruki gives a tiny reaction after hearing of Tyril's nature, but he quickly recovers. "I'm afraid not, sorry. It seems like your world operates under different rules than mine. As far as our gods are concerned, you're not a creature of Divine origins."

Shadowcaller
2010-08-18, 11:44 AM
She seems to have noticed Haruki's reaction, might even have been looking for it as she spoke the words. "Do not worry about that, it is true that I have certain... urges, but those are repressed by this armor and the burning light itself that is contained within my body."

She pauses, watching for more reactions before she continues "And while I might not be divine in nature, I can assure you, the burning light is."

Haruki-kun
2010-08-18, 11:50 AM
"No doubt. But it still operates within different rules. I'm sorry. You'll have to go about it a different way."

Shadowcaller
2010-08-18, 12:29 PM
"Thanks in any case archangel." Tryil insist in calling him, making yet another polite nod.

"Then I guess I should find some place to sleep, maybe someone can guide me around?" She smiles slightly.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-18, 03:04 PM
"Right this way," says the Orange-speaking NPC.

"I'll be leaving, then. I'm supposed to be at Trog's right now. Wouldn't want to confuse people."

"Good luck, sir!"

Haruki walks out the door. The NPC leads Tyril up the spiral staircase.

Shadowcaller
2010-08-18, 07:58 PM
And she follows along I guess, "So what can you tell me about the guild?" She asks the NPC as she follows him.

billtodamax
2010-08-19, 02:45 AM
CT nods and giggles. And waves her wand of all nature. A single spark of green energy flies over to a nearby wall. The wall then warps backwards making a small alcove. Flowers and vines grow into the form of a bedroom. CT then waves her hand and hundreds of white doves fly into the room and shake off lose feathers. The plants wrap around those feathers as the birds fly away. The whole of the process takes only moments and there is a nice bedroom with a dove-down bed.

"There you go Terry. Your bedroom!"

Vines coil down to make a sudo-door.

"Do you want one Mr. Fluffy?"

It's tempting... but nah. I'm cool. Fin says. I'd feel weird in a bed. Anyhow! Wasn't there some other thing this organisation had to do? Protect the poor? Wanna go do that? He asks CT.

Lady Tialait
2010-08-19, 08:35 AM
CT giggles.

"Protect the poor? Um...sure as long as I get some profit from it."

Haruki-kun
2010-08-19, 09:00 AM
And she follows along I guess, "So what can you tell me about the guild?" She asks the NPC as she follows him.

"It's difficult to say. Not much is know about the founders from before they started the Guild. Back when they were in AMEN."

Shadowcaller
2010-08-19, 09:03 AM
"AMEN? I don't believe I'm familiar with that organization... what can I call you anyway?" Tryil asks, sounding slightly confused.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-19, 09:13 AM
The NPC says his name. Unfortunately, at that exact moment a truck drives by.

"Not familiar with AMEN? It's the Association of the Malicious, Evil and Nefarious. An Evil organization trying to take over.... everything."

Shadowcaller
2010-08-19, 02:21 PM
"The found of this guild was in such a organization?" Tyril exclaims, sounding a bit shocked, her eyes seems to flare up a bit.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-19, 04:07 PM
The NPC notices the reaction. Realizing it may have been a little bit too straight-forward, he stops and tries to explain.

"Yes... well, technically. He tried to destroy it from within. Not that it turned out to be very successful," he adds. After a pause, looking thoughtful, he says, "Well, I suppose it is a bit on the extreme side. The Archangel never cared much for rules or what we would call common procedure. But he always meant well.

It's also where he met the child. The Cat's Tongue."

Shadowcaller
2010-08-19, 05:16 PM
"The child? Cat's tongue? You mean that little lady that greeted me? What can you tell me about her?" Tyril appears to have a lot of questions about the guild.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-19, 05:25 PM
He looks blank as he leans on the wall.

"Not much, really. You can't really get straight answers out of her most of the time. All I know is she used to be in that Association. And she wasn't exactly trying to destroy it from within as much as... you know...."

Lady Tialait
2010-08-19, 11:32 PM
The little girl appears out of nowhere next to the NPC.

"She knows what? The less she knows the better. I was in AMEN to learn to be Evil, and they didn't want to teach me. So, now i'm irrevocably good. After all, those who are not evil, are good. Those who fight evil are...going to lose. It happens. Oh, and don't go into the AMEN's base...basement, it smells of fish. For some reason unrelated to me."

CT walks off whistling. She has decided to help the poor or something like that.

Shadowcaller
2010-08-20, 09:35 AM
Tyril now have trouble hiding her confusion "You... she wanted to be evil?" She asks, not really sure who to address, the NPC or CT.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-20, 11:04 AM
"Well, yes," says the NPC, allowing a long moment of really awkward silence.

"She wanted to be evil, although I get a feeling she just likes being Chaotic. It sounds like a risk having her around, but I can assure you, it'd be worse not to have her."

Shadowcaller
2010-08-20, 12:26 PM
"So what is she doing here exactly? It sounds she likes to keep much of this organization secret, even to it's own members." Tyril replies, looking after the disappearing CT.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-20, 12:39 PM
"Oh, no. It's not the organization she's keeping a secret. It's her own issues that remain unknown to us. and I wouldn't dare push her into telling me anything... she's a bit on the scary side."

He opens the door to the barracks. "As for what she's doing here, I believe the Angel might have brought her here with him. Neithoer of them is affiliated with the Association anymore."

Shadowcaller
2010-08-20, 03:11 PM
"Maybe he can tell me more about her then..." She pauses to look around the building around them "So are there any more members? It looks a bit empty at the moment."

Haruki-kun
2010-08-20, 03:15 PM
"Sadly, not that many. There's a couple more people confirmed, but some of them have not even been in the base yet. The Angel is out trying to measure people up and recruit them.

But it's pretty difficult. We can't allow our secrecy to be compromised."

Shadowcaller
2010-08-20, 03:41 PM
Tyril gives a little shrug "Right, so how about equipment and other supplies then? This is a armory, correct? So what weapons do you have?"

Lady Tialait
2010-08-20, 04:54 PM
CT walks by Tyril in a white dress, smiling ear to ear.

"Welcome to WHEEL OF WEAPONTRY!"

Clapping from an unknown place roars around the base. CT grins at Tyril and snickers.

"Here is the top ten weapons in our arsenal:

#10 - The Throwing Spear - Humans have been constructing spears since they realized that pointy things hurt, but it was really the atlatl that shifted the balance of power between man and his prehistoric prey. This long, hook-shaped weapon allowed hunters to throw spears with great speed and accuracy and could kill even the biggest animals around if used property.

#9 - The Vickers Gunbus - It sputtered to a start and could carry a whopping crew of two, but Britain's Vickers FB5 Gunbus revolutionized warfare as the world's first true fighter aircraft. The Gunbus first took off in the years just before World War I and was in tough during that conflict against Germany's DR1 Fokker, the plane flown by their famous ace, the Red Baron. From that point on, however, the balance of power during wartime would always tip in favor of those with the most airborne might.

#8 - Gunpowder - Imagine their opponents' surprise when the Chinese created bursts of flame out of thin air. Gunpowder, one of ancient China's greatest inventions, was first developed there a thousand years ago, but was really put to good against Mongol invaders at the Battle of Kai-Keng in 1232. Well outmatched in number, the Chinese still handily defeated the Mongols, physically and psychologically, with their amazing "fire arrows."

#7 - Crossbow - Deathly accurate, the crossbow was a wartime favorite among Middle Age armies. Soldiers could be taught to use a crossbow quickly and in great numbers, making it an effective weapon for Crusaders invading the Holy Land. Innovations to the crossbow by the 3rd and 4th crusades (1190-1204) made it a major player in the victories won by the European side, including the conquering of Constantinople.

#6 - Maxim Gun - Unveiled after the Gatling in 1885, the Maxim wasn't the first machine gun but the first one to be really effective. The self-powered gun could fire 500 rounds per minute and impressed the British Army so much that they made it their weapon of choice during colonial expansion in Africa. At one battle during the Matabele Wars of 1893, 50 British soldiers were able to overpower 5,000 Ndebele warriors, a scene that would repeat itself across the continent.

#5 - U-Boats - Though Germany ended up on the losing end of World War II, their feared fleet of submarines was a formidable opponent and, according to historians, the only thing that really scared Winston Churchill. These underwater predators stalked Allied convoys in the Atlantic so successfully in the war's first few years that Germany was able to engulf France in 1940. From 1939-1942, the U-boats ensured the balance of power lay squarely with Germany.

#4 - Allied Radar - It might not have the firepower or excitement of a conventional military weapon, but radar technology ultimately altered the course of World War II and gave victory to the Allies. Working feverishly during the war, British and American scientists devised a radar system that outweighed German capabilities and was especially effective against U-Boats during the hard-fought Battle of the Atlantic.

#3 - Nuclear Bomb - The impact of the atomic bomb landing on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August of 1945 went beyond how it was able to end World War II cold in its tracks. Historians also see the bombing a potent show force by the United States to its (reluctant) ally, the Soviet Union, as tensions between the two nations became strained near war's end. The nuclear bomb assured the USSR that the United States was holding the cards as the world's new superpower.

#2 - ICBMs - Nuclear proliferation neared a peak in the late 1950s when intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) capable of launching nuclear bombs were developed by both the US and Soviet Union. Ironically, furious stockpiling by both nations during the Cold War actually kept the balance of power at an even keel, since the deployment of a missile by either would mean certain nuclear annihilation for both.

#1 - M1 Abrams Tank - The M1 is the U.S. military's main combat tank and has been the armed forces' backbone since 1980. Renowned for its sturdiness and superiority in battle, this high-tech machine played a huge role in the swift victory of the 1991 Gulf War. Just nine tanks were lost to permanent damage out of the nearly 1,900 deployed there."

CT then giggled and waved her wand of all nature and her outfit turned back into a cute little green outfit. She then walked upto the demon.

"If you want to know something about me, ask. teehee"

Haruki-kun
2010-08-20, 05:11 PM
The NPC stares at CT. Then at Tyril. Then at CT. Then back at Tyril. He raises his finger in a gesture and opens his mouth as if to speak. then thinks better and remains quiet for a few moments.

"......." is all he manages to say.

Shadowcaller
2010-08-20, 06:24 PM
"Eh-I..." Well, it looks like CT have done it, Tyril is left completely bewildered by the WHEEL OF WEAPONRY.

So instead of trying to even try to comprehend what just was said, she looks blankly at CT. "...I just wanted to ask what you were. I have never seen a person like you before." Tyril admits. "All non-humans, non-dragons are demons in my world. I have learned this is not the case in this one however."

She will have to deal with with the WHEEL OF WEAPONRY later when her mind catches up with it.

Lady Tialait
2010-08-20, 06:56 PM
CT giggles at Tyril.

"I'm a kid!"

She skips away singing something about 'burn them all'.

Shadowcaller
2010-08-20, 09:57 PM
Tyril turns to the NPC, "Is she always like this? She is very... confusing, like an innocent girl trying to be mean, but..." There seems to be some problems defining CT for Tyril's rather black and white mortality. "...of course, as she is in the guild, she must be good." She finally declares, the problem resolved for now. "She isn't a mere kid however, she's something else..." Geez Tyril, can't relax for a moment can't you? CT is fun!

Haruki-kun
2010-08-21, 05:04 PM
"I don't really understand her myself. All I know for sure is that if I ever get into a fight with her I can expect to lose."

Mr. Moon
2010-08-21, 09:00 PM
Deep within the shadows, in the bowels of the Cat's Den, behind the closed door of his own personal dojo, a pair of gleaming gold eyes flash open, bright orbs of light in the darkness. The figure lifts it's head, a long, snouted face sniffing at the air. In a low, quiet voice, he speaks.

"Fox Fire."

In less than a second, a thousand candles scattered around the dojo burst into flame, bright gold flames dancing on the wicks to light the round, wide room. The only entrance and exit is a tall bamboo ladder in the centre of the room, reaching from floor to to vanish through an open trap door in the ceiling. If one wished privacy, the ladder could be removed, and the trap door would seal itself, piratically invisible in the floor around it to all but the most observant of eyes. The dojo itself had a polished wood floor, and walls with a thousand hidden slits from which obstacles could emerge from. Around the wall, candles are tucked into stands, long once but now melted to almost half their original height provide the only light source of the room.

Tucked into the north-most curve of the round room, tucked between two is a ball of fiery red fur, patched with seemingly random flecks of white, with two golden eyes. As the light fills the room, the figure stands. He resembles a fox, with a black-splashed muzzle and black-tipped ears framing a blazing orange head, standing proudly above a white-splashed chest, broad shoulders set back in the strong, graceful stance of a man who can handle himself in a fight. Just under the fur, one can just make out the shape of strong, powerful muscles, which do not bulge from his bones so much as hug them, long and lean. The kitsune is naked from his waist up, clothed only by a pair of loose black trousers, which are bound by a red cord to his ankles so as not to get caught on anything. From a slit in the back of his slacks, five sleek, white-tipped tails unravel themselves, a proudly marking the kitsune as one of the most powerful of his kind, in the land he hails from.

With a grunt, the kitsune looks around himself, before heading to the ladder, walking noiselessly on padded, paw-like feet. He must have spent so long in the dojo training, he mused inwardly, that he collapsed from exhaustion. Again. Not a bad thing, but it left him stiff and sore, and it was a long way from the dojo to the kitchen. He would exercise, later, to work out the cramps.
But first, breakfast.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-21, 09:10 PM
The NPC returns to the Kitchen after showing Tyril the upstairs rooms, coming across the Kitsune.

"Ah! Morning, Kiba! How are you today?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, on the board on the wall appears a message.

They say people have been mysteriously disappearing from Alleys in the city. Someone should go look into it. This looks like a job for The Cat's Guild!

~Haruki

Mr. Moon
2010-08-21, 09:45 PM
Finally cresting the top of the ladder, Kiba nimbly jumps up from the last few rungs, reaching the Den's ground floor in a flurry of fur and tails. Gracefully padding his way across the floor, through the many rooms that make it's whole.

On his way to the kitchen, the kitsune passes an NPC. Kiba does not look at the young man, and instead his ears swivel on his skull to better hear him. The voice is matched instantly to it's owners name and face. Turning to face him, Kiba dips a bow as is respectful between peers. "I am well, friend. Yourself?" He asks, resting lightly with his hands, white-furred from the elbows down, loose at his sides.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-21, 09:50 PM
"Wonderful. There's talk of new members arriving! Can't wait to meet them!"

Mr. Moon
2010-08-21, 10:56 PM
Kiba does not smile, but when he hears the news, his five tails wag slightly behind him, happy to hear the news. "This is fantastic." He says, and waves one shaggy arm in the direction of the kitchen. "Would you like to join me for morning meal, friend, and discuss other recent events? Or have you other plans for the morn?" Kiba asks, golden eyes peering inquisitively at the young man before him.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-21, 11:03 PM
"None at all. I'll join you," says the NPC. "So tell me something, have you been keeping up with the events outside the base?"

Shadowcaller
2010-08-22, 01:11 PM
Tyril is still looking around the base as she comes across the NPC and the kitsune. Tyril is a tough-looking woman, about 5.5 feet tall, blond short-cut hair, teal-ish skin, yellow eyes matching her hair color and dressed in a full plate silvery armor.

Her face hints of a quite slender build underneath that armor however, but she doesn't appear to be encumbered at all by it, moving through the corridors of the guild as if wearing normal clothes.

In her right hand she holds a spear made off a bronze-like material inscribed with various runes.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/e4e7618.png

"Greetings, you must be another of the members of this guild, correct?" She says in a calm tone, showing no expression whatsoever, trying to get eye contact with Kiba.

She doesn't seems to be too surprised of his appearance and appears to be generally calm which isn't the case at other times exactly.

Mr. Moon
2010-08-22, 01:44 PM
"I'm afraid I have been more concerned with internal affairs for the past few days. What has happened outside has passed my notice." Kiba says, walking towards the kitchen with the NPC at his side. "You will have to tell me what I have missed."

As he walks, the sound of armour clinking towards him makes his ears swivel towards this new sound. The pace of the foot-falls is unrecognizable, and the armour does not sound like the armour of anyone he has met before. He sniffs the air - she smelled other-wordly, but not from a world he knew of. He turns, pausing as he walks, to face this newcomer.

"I am indeed a member of this guild. You must be one of the new members my friend has spoken of." As he speaks, he drops into a graceful bow, muscles rippling under his shaggy fur. The bow is fairly deep, as is only proper when welcoming a new-comer. "Am I correct to assume Haruki-sama has already greeted you?" He asks, as he rises, his golden eyes meeting her own, slitted pupils examining her carefully.

Shadowcaller
2010-08-22, 04:13 PM
Tyril merely returns the bow with a respectful nod, closing her eyes for a moment. Their gazes meet and Tyril seems to be examine him as much as he is inspecting her. She shifts a bit uncomfortably underneath her armor as she seems to realize this however.

"You assume correctly, the archangel and I meet at a tavern actually." She pauses as she seem to realize something "Which sounds a bit seedy now that I mention it, but this guild sounded promising enough. I am Tyril Rotherstone, servant of the burning light by the way, nice you meet you mr...?"

She seems unsure if she is going to offer Kiba her hand or not.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-23, 11:13 AM
"Well, the Archangel left a note about going... somewhere. Investigating some disappearances, or something," he looks thoughtful.

"He says if anyone finds any information regarding events or crimes in the city that might require the Guild's attention, they can put it up on the board for everyone to see."

Mr. Moon
2010-08-24, 02:27 PM
"I am called Kiba." The kitsune says, touching his nose as he says this to indicate himself. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Tryril Rotherstone, it is always good to meet new recruits. Welcome to the Cat's Guild." He steps forward, extending one shaggy hand. The fur on his arm is white up to his elbows, where it meets a black band that, in turn, fades to white. His hands themselves seem to be some sort of melding of a human's hand a foxes paw, three fingers and a thumb, with rough black pads below them.

As an aside, he glances at the NPC. "Did he? Most interesting." His voice is low and musing. After a moment, he shakes his head. "No matter. I'm sure he can take care of it."

Looking back at at Tyril, he waves a hand towards the kitchen. "My friend and I were just going to break our fasts. Perhaps you would like to join us?"

Shadowcaller
2010-08-24, 03:33 PM
Tyril takes Kiba's hand with her armored hand and shakes it, the fingers of her gloves seems to be too long to properly fit a human hand.

"A pleasure as well, and I would very much 'break my fast' as you say, I'm starving actually." She replies with a hint of a smile that quickly fades away.

As she let's go off his hand she absentmindedly, seemingly out of pure habit takes her spear in the hand she shook hands with him with and then drag up her glove with her other now free hand as to make sure it's securely in place over her hand.

Then she joins the NPC and Kiba in the kitchen, her yellow eyes carefully scanning over this new room, brushing back her hair a bit with her free hand as a few strains of hair have found their way down over her face.

"And while you are here, is there an outhouse around here somewhere?" Well, bathrooms don't actually exist in her world yet...

Haruki-kun
2010-08-25, 11:28 AM
"Uhm... well.... we have something like it, but it might take some getting used to...." says the NPC, looking awkward. "It's a restroom, it's upstairs in-"

The NPC is interrupted. The lights suddenly dim as a holographic-type figure appears and takes Haruki's shape.

"Outside. At the Lake. Followed demon woman; left wing injured. There's something strange and Dark going on here. Found victim, still alive, escorting back through the sewers into the city. Backup would be good."

The sending vanishes.

Shadowcaller
2010-08-25, 04:03 PM
"Outside, at the lake?" Tyril repeats as image vanishes, looking pretty concerned her eyes lighting up a bit. "If there are demons there, we need to get there, now. We can always do basic needs later, he needs out help."

She starts to go towards the exit but stops and looks at the others, looking a bit awkward "...I'm not rushing things are I? Sometimes it's hard to control the urge to help."

Mr. Moon
2010-08-25, 04:13 PM
Arriving in the kitchen, Kiba heads right for the fridge, which is large and wide to provide for the entire guild. As another plus, it restocked itself magically, so once could always find what one was looking for, and what you found was always fresh. Reaching in, the kitsune selects for himself a salmon, deboned and headless already, which he puts on a plate and carries to the nearby table, pausing to select a fork and knife from a cutlery drawer as he goes.

He says nothing Tyril's question, allowing the NPC (who, from hereon I shall refer to as Micheal because he deserves a name) to answer instead. Cutting off a piece of the fish, Kiba begins to eat it raw, the flesh cool and delicious on his tongue.

At Haruki's sending, Kiba's so far cool and collected mannerisms vanish as he listens to his leader explain his predicament. Wordlessly, the kitsune stands, picking up his breakfast - he would eat on the way there. "I am doubtful that this is so." Says the kitsune, walking towards the kitchen door. "All the same, it is urgent that I see to this matter. I will go with you." He doesn't wait up for Tyril, striding down the hallway at a quick, purposeful pace towards the exit.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-27, 11:00 AM
The NPC waves them good-bye. After that, he walks over to the board and tacks a note to the wall.

"Help sent. Guild actually doing something."

VampireRot
2010-09-18, 02:59 PM
Zanny, a 'hawt' redhead with a badass longcoat, arrives at the Cat's Guild. Right now, the bard looks amused and curious. He knocks and lets himself in.

"Hullo? I was told to come here by...

The angel."

Haruki-kun
2010-09-18, 03:06 PM
The unnamed NPC looks up. "Well, hi there! Yes, it's usually the Angel. No one else invites people in. Welcome! What's your name?"

VampireRot
2010-09-18, 03:07 PM
"Zanny. Bard Extraordinaire. What's yours?"

Zanny doesn't know he doesn't have a name!

Haruki-kun
2010-09-18, 11:07 PM
"Oh, my name is-" at the exact moment he says his name, someone with a jackhammer starts making a racket outside the base. "And... I'm not a bard or... well, anything really. A bit of a researcher. I'm mostly in charge of looking after the base for the Five Seats."

VampireRot
2010-09-19, 07:10 AM
"The Five Seats? Sorry, mate, Oi just got 'ere. Yer goin' to 'aveta explain everytin to me."

Zanny looks sorta of confused.

"Arrr? Why, blow me down and make me walk tha plank backwords, I be talkin' like o' pirate!"

Haruki-kun
2010-09-19, 11:09 AM
".....yikes. Pirates.

Well, it's very simple. The Five Seats are the guys who run the show around here. Three of them are unknown. Two of them we know to be the Archangel, The Cat's Eyes, and CT, The Cat's Tongue. Be careful with it, though. You don't know where it's been."

Lady Tialait
2010-09-19, 11:17 AM
CT walks into the Guild Hall, eating a muffin.

"Yarrr, it be Pirate Talkin' day. Now, hoist the main mast, yo ho."

VampireRot
2010-09-19, 04:39 PM
Zanny nods understandingly at the NPC, then glances at CT.

"Yahar, Talk Like O' Pirate Day? Tha explains tis illness that has beset me!

Do ah know ye from anywhere? Ar?"

Haruki-kun
2010-09-19, 09:49 PM
The NPC nods. "This girl here is, in fact, our superior. She's the Cat's Tongue."

"I don't know what that means, though..."

Lady Tialait
2010-09-20, 10:02 AM
CT smiles at the Bard, "I'm your Waifu!" she giggles and glomps teh bard.

VampireRot
2010-09-20, 02:33 PM
"Ohright."

Zanny is glomped. Teh bard lets out an oof and pats CT on the back, friendly-ly.

"You're part of this organization?

AND my superior?" :smalleek:

At least the pirate talk is gone. Yar, until next year. :smallfrown:

Reinholdt
2010-09-20, 08:41 PM
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Gaia/Nadas.png

Nadas arrives at The Cat's Guild. He doesn't have nearly as many books as he once did though, so is only carrying two with him at the moment. Usually he carts around four or so. Silly demonic drow.

Haruki-kun
2010-09-20, 11:06 PM
"Oh, welcome! It's so good to see so many new people around here!" says the NPC, "May I help you with your books?"

Reinholdt
2010-09-20, 11:14 PM
"The assistance is entirely unnecessary though the gesture is appreciated." It's only two books after all!

"So this is the primary local of the feline organization." Nadas looks around a bit, taking things in for himself, before starting, remembering something. "Oh pardon my ill mannerisms. I am Nadas Ghuand. To whom do I have the pleasure of articulating my vocabulary?" Nadas gives a sweeping bow in greetings.

Haruki-kun
2010-09-20, 11:28 PM
"Well, my name is-" he mutters as an explosion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9395909&postcount=749) is heard from Trog's tavern, muffling out all sound "-and it's a pleasure to meet you!"

"Oh, and look! This here is CT, The Cat's Tongue," he says as he waves at CT.

"And that over there is Zanny! Hey, Zanny!" he waves.

"And we have several more people in the Guild, but they're currently out in missions or otherwise."

Lady Tialait
2010-09-21, 09:27 AM
CT's eyes turn into hearts as she cuddles up to Zanny, giggling. "You know what CT stands for? It stands for Cute Tush." pinching Teh Bard's fanny.

Reinholdt
2010-09-21, 09:39 AM
"You have my sincerest greetings Zanny and... Cute... Tush..." Nadas sort of just fades out midway through his bow, staring at the child. At least he manages to straighten back into a standing position, though seems to have failed to have lost that look he's giving. Confusion, judgment, curiosity, jealousy, abhorrence is all there, I'm sure. But mostly it's just "What the... ?" How old is that kid?

"My nomenclature is Nadas Ghuand. It is a distinct pleasure to initiate time expenditure with you."

Lady Tialait
2010-09-21, 09:46 AM
CT scratches her head and then holds up a finger.

"Oh! That is your name in Gnomish, what is your name in common?...what is my name in Gnomish?"

Reinholdt
2010-09-21, 10:03 AM
"Errr..." :smallconfused:
"Actually that's just my nomenclature. It's Drow in origin though. Your nomenclature in gnomish would be equivalent to Kahs Thros."
Makes sense. What with being a drow and all that he'd have a drow name.

VampireRot
2010-09-21, 01:56 PM
Zanny's fanny is pinched. The only part about this that the bard really minds is the fact that CT's body is equivalent to that of an 8? 4? year old girl. The bard rolls his eyes and hugs CT anyway though. Because rejecting her causes a lot more problems. His hands stay in very safe places though, unlike her's. :smallannoyed: He's not a perv, even if the dragon is much much older than any of the actual adult girls here. Something to do with age groups, like how elves are still babies when 20 years old.

"I believe "nomenclature" is simply another word for name. He's being verbose. Er, using big words."

Lady Tialait
2010-09-21, 06:56 PM
CT quirks her eye an eye that betrays great age even if her body is that of a 4 year old. Then looks at the Drow.

"The bard says your a verbose, like broccoli and use big words. How true is that?"

Reinholdt
2010-09-21, 09:14 PM
"It is not very much to my chagrin that I must counter being compared to broccoli with a denial of any such sort. Though I suppose I have a tendency to create extended elaboration through my language. I would justify a claim of fifty percent truth in that statement." Nadas states, adjusting his spectacles.

VampireRot
2010-09-21, 09:19 PM
Zanny blinks and mouths some words to himself.

"Uh... I... The broccoli thing is a misunderstanding. Verbose, not vegetable. Ugh, nevermind. Lets just go do... Whatever this organization does!"

Reinholdt
2010-09-21, 09:35 PM
"Ah yes, the vaguely defined attempt at arresting people from committing evil deeds wherever they may lurk. Perhaps you know of such a vile occurrence that requires our attention?" Like say... a dragon mind controlling someone in order to rape her?

VampireRot
2010-09-21, 09:38 PM
His mind control makes it consensual! :smallannoyed: She was just a fangirl anyway, doesn't matter in the long run!

Reinholdt
2010-09-21, 09:40 PM
His mind control makes it consensual! :smallannoyed: She was just a fangirl anyway, doesn't matter in the long run!

One word. Drugs.
Two more! Date rape.
Three more! Cruelty to NPCs.
Four more! NPCs are people too!

Can't really make an excuse. It is what it is.

VampireRot
2010-09-21, 09:42 PM
AMEN would beg to differ with that last one. :smalltongue:
And magical bard magic =/= drugs!

Zanny is very good at making up excuses!

Haruki-kun
2010-09-21, 11:42 PM
"Well, there is a board," says the NPC pointing at the board. "You may post up your investigations or recruitments for missions if you believe the Guild should get involved. For instance, if some Association who is Malicious, Evil and/or Nefarious, is doing anything that might cause trouble, you may recruit the guild's help. There is much power in teamwork!

Furthermore, we have a small area that some would call a lab, but I call it 'room with tables'. The base is pretty much shaping itself up."

Indeed, NPC's are people, too.

Lady Tialait
2010-09-22, 04:04 PM
CT hands out punch and pie.

"As promised."

She plops down on a couch, and turns on the radio to listen to the Cat's Guild's theme song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ7pdPJ6R6k)

VampireRot
2010-09-22, 04:06 PM
Zanny tentatively tastes the punch and pie. He hopes its not poisoned or something silly like that. Also, he hopes it tastes delicious. :smallbiggrin:

"Thank you."

Reinholdt
2010-09-22, 05:01 PM
"The refreshments are appreciated." Nadas sits down and takes a small amount of pie and some punch. Moderation!

Haruki-kun
2010-09-23, 08:09 PM
A paper airplane flies in and tacks itself to the board on the wall.

They say AMENites are having auditions for new members. The address is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138890)Perhaps a visit would be in order?

VampireRot
2010-09-23, 08:12 PM
Zanny glances at the note.

"Ah. AMEN, I hate those guys."

Also, his fingers dance along his lyre. To play the themesong.

"Blame Canada! Blame Canada!"

Mr. Moon
2010-09-23, 10:29 PM
The serrated metal disk, thin as a hair, spun as it whizzed through the air, cutting off a fine singe of fur as Kiba ducks under it, buzzing as it wooshes past his ear. The kitsune is like a dancing wildfire, ducking and weaving and spinning to avoid the rapidfire torrent of a thousand spinning saws, each launching themselves out of slits in the walls of the underground dojo. His mouth open, he pants with exertion, and his five black-tipped tails stream behind him like ribbons. As each saw is dodged, it embeds itself into the wall opposite it, the metal vibrating against the wall with unspent energy.

Finally, a soft click fills the air, and the slits in the walls close. As Kiba straightens, panels in the floor open up to reveal a series of tracks running through the ground. Ten poles shoot up, made of five feet of rough steel and one foot of bamboo on top, and begin to dance along those tracks. The kitsune lifts his paws, black furred from the elbow down, and two balls of impossibly orange fire burst just above them, burning to a blinding light, before fading. When the fire is gone, he is holding a weapon. In his right hand is a long, short-handled scythe, with a chain at the end that reaches about twenty feet and ends in an orange-sized, heavy black sphere, which Kiba holds by the chain, letting it dangle about three feet.

He begins to spin the chain, sending the black arcing in ever-widening circles, until it is spinning too fast to be seen, one black and grey circle. Suddenly, the kitsune looses it, and the chain wraps itself around one of the whizzing steel poles, binding it. The gears pulling it along the trail grind to keep it moving, but Kiba keeps a close grip on it, restraining the machinery and darting in to lop off the false head of bamboo with the scythe. The cut is perfect, segmenting the stalk in two perfect segments. The top half slides off and falls to the ground, and the lower half, only an inch or two, retreats into the steel, which in turn retreats back into the floor as Kiba gives the chain a yank, unbinding it.

Now then.
Nine more.

Haruki-kun
2010-09-23, 10:49 PM
The NPC knocks on the door to the dojo. Then opens, and enters, trying to stay away from the middle of the room.

"Oh. Holy ****," he says, watching Kiba performing the intense training.

"Er.... listen, Kiba? I was just... wondering if....." he seems dumbfounded by what Kiba is doing. "Uhm.... we got a message about a rumor that should probably get investigated?"

Lady Tialait
2010-09-23, 10:54 PM
CT puts on a hat with cat's ears and a cape. Jumping into the nearest potted plant. "CT awwwaaay!"

Reinholdt
2010-09-23, 11:02 PM
Nadas returns, holding and looking at a flier.

What? He totally left. Honest.

Looking around he sees a message board. Good as place as any to put it.
He goes and puts up the flier he found.
It seems to be a flier for a slave market auction being held outside of Inside or outside the Empire's jurisdiction. ielf wasn't too clear. It's being held on Saturday.

Something worth trying to do something about Nadas supposes. But he's not sure exactly WHAT yet. Other than a vague 'stop them' idea. But he'll probably need more than just himself. Clearly if this slave market was advertising publicly, they'll be expecting goodie twoshoe trouble, so the slavers may be more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Or just stupid.

Haruki-kun
2010-09-29, 12:39 PM
The door opens. Haruki's plot clone walks in.

He stands where everyone can see him and clears his throat.

"Attention, everyone! AMEN is currently holding auditions in their theater place. I believe this should be an opportunity to attack, yes? So... who's with me?

-------------------------

OOC:
ThePhantom gave us the green light to interfere with their auditions. How about we go have some fun, then?

Reinholdt
2010-09-30, 06:45 PM
Figuring iElf isn't all too interested in playing the rescued slaves, Nadas returns after patching them up and setting them free elsewhere. Shame he couldn't get more.
And now he's utterly and completely broke.
He groans and heads inside, looking somewhat distraught.

It'd be even worse if he found out there's a mission against AMEN. His sister, Ilpholin is there and... well... awkward. Not to mention the whole non-aggression pact they kinda have, sorta, maybe. He wouldn't be too good in a fight anyways. Nadas is at home looking stuff up, not putting stuff down. Still, I imagine if he's bugged enough, he'll go.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-01, 11:33 AM
Haruki sits in an armchair next to Nadas. He seems to have brought a hot beverage in a kettle and cups. He offers some.

"So Nadas.... wanna discuss some things?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-01, 12:10 PM
Nadas accepts.
"Well I managed to liberate a measly two slaves out of several thousand. They have an entire corporation or ring or something of similar ilk. Unless you were referring to other things that you wished to articulate, at which point you leave me perplexed and merely estimating where the conversation is headed."

Haruki-kun
2010-10-01, 02:17 PM
"No, no, that works for me. Me, I managed to stop a bunch of monsters from kidnapping half the NPC's in the city. With help from some other people."

Actually,his plot clone is still working on it, but let's not split hairs.

"That aside, I do believe we must discuss our next move."

Reinholdt
2010-10-01, 02:28 PM
"Well I am unsure as to the subsequent move of yourself or this guild, but I am aware that my next one consists of finding sufficient funds to maintain my existence."

Lady Tialait
2010-10-01, 10:24 PM
CT's plants move around and form a body for her. "Continue your existence?"

VampireRot
2010-10-01, 10:28 PM
"He needs money. To pay for food."

Zanny, who doesn't seem to have moved, helpfully translates for CT.

Lady Tialait
2010-10-01, 11:15 PM
CT quirks her eyebrow, "Ummmm....pay...for...food?" her hand bloom into a flower with a cake in the middle. It is delishush cake, you must eat it.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-01, 11:15 PM
"That's ridiculous. No fantasy setting has a working economy," explains the Angel. "Food just spontaneously comes into existence. And no one ever even uses the toilet, either."

"..... but if we REALLY need money, we could try offering up our services as mercenaries. I mean, if the pay is good and the task is... well... not evil."

"Or we could set up a lemonade stand."

Reinholdt
2010-10-01, 11:55 PM
:smallconfused:
"I'm afraid I'm not a sufficiently skilled user of the Arts to cause the existence of nourishment from non-existence. And I find it doubtful lemonade stands would suffice." And is confused to why Haruki is saying 'we'. Nadas didn't really think anyone else was broke.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-02, 12:02 AM
Well, they aren't, really. Unless you really think about it.

"Hmm.... I'm also wondering whether we should establish any sort of relations with other organizations or outside contacts. If a trustworthy network is formed, our work will become easier. Any ideas?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-02, 08:01 AM
"Well you could contact Good League of Good, but they've been pretty devastated as of late. Not certain how great a network they'd make, but they'd certainly be of the correct temperament."

VampireRot
2010-10-02, 08:32 AM
Zanny most definitely does not mention his dragon hoard. I mean, someone might actually ask to borrow some money. From a dragon? Best to avoid the subject entirely.

"Mercenary work might not be the best if ideas, seeing as how NO is quite touchy. Maybe if we set up "Save the Pandas" donation boxes everywhere and used the money to sustain ourselves?

While doing vigilante work to rescue pandas, of course. Else it would just be stealing.

And it doesn't have to be pandas."

Haruki-kun
2010-10-02, 12:11 PM
"That's.... yeah, no, I don't think so. That sounds like...... well... maybe, but... No, no! We can't, it's pretty much a scam if we do."

He looks at Nadas. "Devastated, huh? Well... that would... that wouldn't be so bad, actually. It's better than having, say... the government on our tail."

VampireRot
2010-10-02, 12:13 PM
"Well, not if we were to actually save some pandas.

If there are pandas to save."

Zanny grins sheepishly.

Reinholdt
2010-10-04, 08:22 AM
"While I am under the impression that the existence of ailuropoda melanoleucas is verifiably true, I have reason to believe that any of their natural habitats is of no near proximity to our location. An attempt to rescue ailuropoda melanoleucas would be dubious at best."

Haruki-kun
2010-10-06, 11:23 AM
"An excercise in futility... I like that. Well, I have a better idea. Let's capture a criminal and collect the reward?"

Haruki looks thoughtful. "Of course, this would mean turning them in to the government... whom we shouldn't deal with. Oh! Better yet! Let's capture a Chaotic Good criminal and recruit him!"

Lady Tialait
2010-10-06, 11:27 AM
CT grabs Haruki's hand, "I caught one!"

Reinholdt
2010-10-06, 12:03 PM
:smallconfused:
"I was unaware that we were anarchists in addition to working towards a goal of common welfare. But if the goal were to be chaotic, wouldn't it be moreso to sometimes turn the criminal in for a reward so that we are not being predictable in the results of what would occur should we actually apprehend one?"
"Apprehend one that's not already within the confines of our locale that is."

Lady Tialait
2010-10-06, 12:11 PM
"How can you help people if you don't break the law? Seriously. Laws suck. I follow all of them." CT nods, her childish eyes glittering.

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 01:54 PM
"Laws are more of... guidelines... than strict rules to follow. I mean, if you followed each and every order you'd ever been given, it just wouldn't be any fun, would it?"

Zanny smirks. Also, he has no clue what the laws of the Empire are. I mean, its not like they're written up anywhere. Or, written up anywhere that Zanny would notice them.

Reinholdt
2010-10-06, 02:07 PM
"I'm not suggesting following the rules blindly, but to go out of our way specifically to break them when it would be mutually beneficial for all of us to not do so seems mildly vacuous of thought. Besides, if we were as opposed as you were suggesting, we'd be the very purveyors that we'd need to put a stop to." Murderers and rapists!
*looks at Zanny*
Oh wait...

Haruki-kun
2010-10-08, 04:13 PM
"We do not go out of our way to break the laws. That borders on evil, not chaotic."

Haruki shuffles a bit in his seat. It's so hard to be comfortable in chairs with those wings. "But I personally don't like governments too much. I mean, I work for the ultimate government." He points up. "Human's don't really need any more of them."

VampireRot
2010-10-08, 04:16 PM
"Yeah. Give me a good Draconic government, that's the one that really works. All these silly humans mucking about and ruling each other."

Zanny looks at his nails and ignores Reinholdt's "subtle" hints of his less than lawful good nature. Not that he would respond to them anyway, seeing as how they're in teh OOC text.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-08, 08:38 PM
"That aside," he says as he pretends tomove something aside, "I think we have a chance here.... Nexus Stock, know that? Things are highly likely to get out of hand. That sort of thing attracts bad guys like crazy."

He smiles. "This is our chance! We'll make them fear the Cat's Guild!"

VampireRot
2010-10-08, 08:41 PM
"Well I certainly wouldn't want NEXUSSTOCK to get out of hand. I mean, I'm preforming in it, and I have a date there!"

Zanny grins.

"Fear, eh? Like Batman?"

The bard mentally prepares his "The Dark Knight" Batman impression. Hehe.

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 08:41 PM
"That aside," he says as he pretends tomove something aside, "I think we have a chance here.... Nexus Stock, know that? Things are highly likely to get out of hand. That sort of thing attracts bad guys like crazy."

He smiles. "This is our chance! We'll make them fear the Cat's Guild!"

"Don't we desire a general respect from the populace at large instead of fear?"

Haruki-kun
2010-10-08, 10:09 PM
"Don't we desire a general respect from the populace at large instead of fear?"

"Well I certainly wouldn't want NEXUSSTOCK to get out of hand. I mean, I'm preforming in it, and I have a date there!"

Zanny grins.

"Fear, eh? Like Batman?"

The bard mentally prepares his "The Dark Knight" Batman impression. Hehe.

"I meant the bad guys to fear us. The general populace will love us."

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 10:32 PM
"I meant the bad guys to fear us. The general populace will love us."

"Oh. This is transparent now. So... we should relocate ourselves to that locale at this time then?"
Also known as: Should we go now?

Haruki-kun
2010-10-08, 11:12 PM
"I don't see why not! Let's go!"

Haruki tacks a note to the board. "Off to kick some villain butt at NexusStock!"

Reinholdt
2010-10-09, 08:54 AM
Nadas heads to NexusStock, if you didn't already see him leave.
There he's pestered by a dragon who imagines that every drow in existence knows Ilpholin.

Reinholdt
2010-10-12, 07:30 PM
Nadas returns with the eldritch kitty after making sure he wasn't followed.
"Welcome to my current abode."
He sets the cat down to let it wander at will.

VampireRot
2010-10-12, 07:39 PM
THAT CAT sits down as soon as it is dropped, to stare around the base without moving. If you let it wander at will, do you think the cat is going to? :smalltongue:

"Mrow."*

*Cheese puffs. All of them.

Reinholdt
2010-10-12, 07:42 PM
Nadas returns... with cheese puffs.
Perhaps he was more affected by those songs than he thought. He opens them up and places them on the floor.
"Anything else you require master?"
Now I know he got hit with something. Or he's just toying with me. :smallannoyed:

VampireRot
2010-10-12, 07:48 PM
THAT CAT looks at the cheese puffs. And swats one with a paw. The kitteh finds delight in this, and begins pouncing on the cheese puffs. All of them. It is ignoring Nadas now. :smalltongue:

Also: Nadas speaks cat? :smalleek::smallconfused:

Reinholdt
2010-10-12, 07:50 PM
I have no idea.

Nadas goes and grabs a book before going to sit on the couch to read, quite relieved to be away from that musicfest.

VampireRot
2010-10-12, 08:10 PM
The cheese doodles are crushed! CRUSHED LIKE ANTS! MUAHAHA!

Someone's probably going to have to clean that up. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-10-26, 08:17 PM
Somebody probably did. Maybe.
*crickets chirp*

Well Nadas has at least been feeding the cat and taking care of it, if the cat will let him. He is kinda the only other one around, so it helps fight the loneliness.
"What would your feline grace postulate on endeavoring to accompany me on an expedition in the Weald for scientific progression?"
*pet pet pet*

VampireRot
2010-10-26, 08:19 PM
THAT CAT lets Nadas take care of it without complaint. Probably gratitude, if teh kitteh could actually feel those things.

"Mrow!"*

Purrpurrpurr.

*Caek zebras oscillating!

Reinholdt
2010-10-26, 08:23 PM
"I'm not really certain they have any oscillating Equus actually."
Ok, so he DOES speak cat. Don't ask me how. But if it makes him mildly more interesting I'll take it.
Maybe he doesn't speak cat at all. Maybe he speaks Eldritch. :smalleek:

Anyways, Nadas will attempt to scoop the Eldritch Kitty up and make his way back to the Weald with him.

VampireRot
2010-10-26, 08:29 PM
"Reow."*

THAT CAT snuggles up to Nadas. It doesn't understand human, of course, so doesn't know that Nadas speaks feline. Heck, even if he started purring at it, it wouldn't know what he's saying. THAT CAT doesn't comprehend language, but it can speak it.

*Fedex looting cows mildly.

To the Weald!

Haruki-kun
2010-10-26, 10:30 PM
Haruki has a headache. People keep talking with big words. About cats. Felines. whatever. And he may or may not have had a few too many drinks at NexusStock after his number.

After taking an aspirin or whatever it is Angels take, he heads down to the main room, while carrying a briefcase.

"Right. I have good news and bad news," he says. "Looking at it from the optimist point of view, I'll start with the good news. The good news is we don't have any more money issues."

He opens the briefcase and dumps a load of papers on the table. Lots of numbers and graphs. He puts on a pair of glasses.

"I don't actually have problems seeing," he says, "this just makes me look smarter. Now, looking back on some of my past economic records, I have come to the conclusion that we have a small fortune stashed away because of certain events two years ago. Said events being that I insured the AMEN base for three times its worth under my name when I was still there. Do you know how often they destroy the damn thing? Man..."

He takes a sip of coffee from a cup that the NPC brings to him. "Ah, thank you.... dude. Now... we also have a few more assets that are bringing some money into our bank accounts, but I don't feel like revealing them."

"Or rather, I don't feel like making them up now," says Haruki's player.

Haruki nods. "Yeah, that too. He's a lazy bastard."

"Shut up."

"Make me. Well, now that we have no more money problems I suppose we can start working from invisible funding. Like the rest of the organizations. No one ever questions them, do they?

Well! That's the good news!" He finishes with a smile.

VampireRot
2010-10-26, 10:33 PM
Zanny, who is plotcloned specifically for this meeting, sighs in relief. Good. No need to lend out dragon moneh. :smallyuk:

"And... The bad news?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-26, 10:37 PM
"I postulate that they don't. GLoG is supposed to be broke, yet they manage to avoid foreclosure every time. I think it is directly proportional to their lack of a mail box."

Plot Clone Nadas makes the meeting.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-26, 10:43 PM
"The bad news is..."

Haruki stays quiet for a moment. Just a moment. You can hear the wind blowing through the base. Comically, a tumbleweed tumbles by.

"The bad news is we have no one for this."

VampireRot
2010-10-26, 10:50 PM
"Hey! I'm someone!"

Zanny gestures at the tumbleweed, making a harmonica sound out of nowhere.

"And I'm sure the drow is too. Maybe you."

He's polite and only speaks for himself. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-10-26, 10:54 PM
"We had a feline here for a brief extension of time. Does that count?"
Nadas summons up a little wind for the tumbleweed.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-26, 11:26 PM
"It kinda doesn't. Unless it can become a Guild Member. And even then, it's not nearly enough people," Haruki says, half to himself.

"Maybe we need to go public... but how do we keep our secrecy when we're public?

Hmmm...."

Reinholdt
2010-10-26, 11:34 PM
"Somehow we would have to discover a means with which to remain incognito while within the public eye." Hide in plain sight. Nadas doesn't offer a how just yet, thinking about it.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-26, 11:38 PM
"Well, that would be.... make The Guild's existence public while its secrets remain hidden?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-27, 09:51 AM
"Something essentially equivalent to that, yes. Does the Guild maintain any secrets beyond its leadership anyways?" Nadas wonders. About half the people who were here disappeared, and perhaps some leadership with them. :smallconfused:

Lady Tialait
2010-10-27, 10:57 AM
CT giggles, "We don't have enough membership, because of our recruitment. I say we build a second base. That base is a 'walk in and if we don't kill you, you are a member' Actually, that can be this base. Then we have our actual base that the leadership can show up in black robes and talk about stuff. I suggest a giant invisible fish. We can use the fish guts as chairs!"

Haruki-kun
2010-10-30, 11:01 AM
"Ew. That sounds disgusting, why would you want to do that?" Haruki says. The idea of sitting on guts is disturbing to him. He hasn't done that since.... well, AMEN.

"I think it might be best course of action to set up a booth. Safe locations are Trog's and Inside. Just need to make sure the government doesn't find out.

.....of course, there's the Black Dragon's Den, but I get the feeling people there are kinda... well... not our type of people."