PDA

View Full Version : Uldra Monk

Scarey Nerd
2010-08-15, 06:20 AM
Thoughts? I was reading about them and liked them, but I wouldn't want to play a spellcasting class if I were an Uldra, simply because it would take focus away from their SLAs, and the cold damage with unarmed attacks is a nice touch.

Edit: I would probably only go to level 11 of Monk.

ex cathedra
2010-08-15, 06:23 AM
An Uldra Totemist would be much cooler. :smallwink:

Though, Monks get Freezing The Lifeblood...

Scarey Nerd
2010-08-15, 06:25 AM
An Uldra Totemist would be much cooler. :smallwink:

Though, Monks get Freezing The Lifeblood...

Freezing the WHAT NOW?! That sounds cool!

As for Totemist, I can never remember which books Totemists are in. Can you help me out? :smalltongue:

Amphetryon
2010-08-15, 06:38 AM
Magic of Incarnum. There are a couple of good handbooks around somewhere.

ex cathedra
2010-08-15, 07:11 AM
Freezing the Lifeblood is a feat from Complete Warrior, AFAIR, that allows you to use Stunning Fist to paralyze targets instead.

Totemists are indeed in Magic of Incarnum.
Have a handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2943.0).

jiriku
2010-08-15, 09:26 AM
As well, throw in Touch of Golden Ice, from BoED. It's not really cold-related; rather it's a poison-for-good-guys that deals Dex damage with your unarmed strikes. It's a little weak for ECL 11 though. You could ask your DM to make the save DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Con bonus, the way it is for monsters that have poisonous attacks. That would help keep it relevant.

As well, you could consider using a better monk. Mine is stronger, but pretty faithful to the original. Fax Celestis has homebrewed one that gets powers from a ki pool. I think there's a monk that uses martial maneuvers floating around somewhere on homebrew as well.

DemLep
2010-08-15, 09:47 AM
Stupid question time. What is an Uldra and what are the rules on it?

Greenish
2010-08-15, 10:05 AM
Stupid question time. What is an Uldra and what are the rules on it?http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/fb_gallery/83578.jpgA fey race from Frostburn.

DemLep
2010-08-15, 10:17 AM
Ah. thanks.