PDA

View Full Version : [MnM] One Piece- Bon Voyage

Captain Crab
2010-08-15, 05:03 PM
The City of the Seas, one of the many half way marks any pirate crew worth their salt enters the Grand Line, eventually passes through. Named so because the city itself is was once the homeland of a Marine Admiral that vanquished an early and long forgotten enemy of the World Government. Nicknamed The Drowned Man because the island, if you could call it that, port city lay sunken due to earthquakes, extreme tidal activity, and generally poor engineering and architecture choices on part of the people who designed the city. One of so called pearls of trade located in the North Blue, it has anything almost anything a man can want. Almost anything.

To cross what had once been alleyways, crosswalks, and venues that people traveled on foot, now had to be traversed with long and thin, banana like boats, that seemed to more glaze top the water then float on it, to marble tower to marble tower. The towers themselves are perfect circular disks, bright as the sun thanks to their bronze plating reflecting light in the middle of the after noon. Workers scurry all the buildings, harnessed to ropes and other devices to help them scale the towers to wash off every square inch of them, polishing and cleaning constantly. Any pretense of grandeur is ironically lost because of it. Anyone with a pair of working eyes in their skull gaze upon them and see men and women in nothing more than filthy rags.

The pirates on the ship still have no choice but to stand in awe as they enter the docks. It...is simply magnificent. The walkway of each dock where the workers and sailors get off of, is plated with gold in the middle, decorated of a mural depicting the exploits of the various Baron Bludd's that ruled this city. No doubt half of them never happened and other half blown out of proportion and occurred to other far more heroic people. The Bludds are know for many things none of them is their heroism or valor. Gluttony, greed, and just plain boorishness on the other hand....

The marble docks, occasionally have small archs hanging over them, embedded with jewels of enormous worth and seated on them are plants, flowers, and various beautiful forms of green life scattered across The Blues. At the end of the docks themselves begin the series of canals, and beyond that and its Gothic architecture, lay the sun...dangling over it, like a toy over a babies crib, making the entire area like a beautiful mural designed by a great and superbly talented but long dead artist.

But first thing is first, the crew came here for a reason. A map plotting a course through the Reverse Mountain. Normally the route their would be near suicidal, but with that map....it decreases the risk to the Grand Line to merely stupid. Sailing over it unprepared is near suicide as its just a series of hurricanes and whirlpools on top. They have 30 Million Berries on hand, more than enough for what ever the blood letters called merchants charged for it.

Make a Search, Notice, or Investigate check.

Fisher
2010-08-15, 07:01 PM
Kent Deluge (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=231357)

Laying lazily upon the siderails of the ship, Kent's arms hung freely to both sides. His brown eyes glazed out of focus as a sleepy expression congealed upon his face. Unfazed by the mixed splendor of the city he was more content to napping on the ship. Nearby Winston was hanging happily on the rails, napping in a similar lazy fashion.

"Do you really think we can find a map in a place like this Captain?" he asked wearily. "I doubt Ru could even find a decent recipe book here."

EdroGrimshell
2010-08-15, 07:11 PM
"I agree with Kent, i'd be hard pressed to find any good materials for one of my inventions." A tall woman with long black hair and sapphire blue eyes, wearing a slim, black hakama and form fitting black gi.

Search: [roll0]
Notice: [roll1]
Investigate: [roll2]

Poison_Fish
2010-08-15, 07:22 PM
Ru Wen (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=231645)

Ru comes up onto the deck with a large carafe full of what looks like crushed up seeds and smashed fruit all blended with some juice, and some cups in her other hand. She looks around and whistles at the sight of the city. "I wonder what all those workers eat?"

The wind blows her long red hair while the propeller on her headband spins as she pours out the smoothie into cups and hands a cup to each crew member. She smiles grandly and starts talking; "You'll all like this! It's a smoothie made of Pond Peaches, some berries, and orange juice! This was a healthy treat drunken by merchants from west blue to prevent scurvy along with something sweet, as when a pond peach is crushed, its natural sweetness increases!".

After pouring out the last of the smoothies, she states, "I bet you I could find 20 books here! Just gotta look deep and know the right people to ask! Also, if I can't find them, I can make those books" she chuckles "So, a map, shouldn't be to hard to find. Kent and I could easily find it!" she walks up to Kent and tugs on him away from the siderails of the ship.

Fisher
2010-08-15, 07:28 PM
Kent

"I guess we could...", unable to finish his sentence he fell from the siderail and landed on the deck with a load CRASH. Standing with a yawn he continued. "Yeah, I guess we could at least a look."

Taking one of the smoothies from Ru he inquired, "You did use real Pond Peaches this time, right Ru? Last time..."

Poison_Fish
2010-08-15, 07:31 PM
Ru puffs up her face in a frown "I thought peaches soaked in pond water could be a viable substitute! The chemicals should have been fine.. just not as sweet. It was healthy still... I think... maybe.." she trails off.

EdroGrimshell
2010-08-15, 07:32 PM
"Oy, wait for me you two" Amelia follows after Kent and Ru, jumping from the rail and landing gracefully.

Fisher
2010-08-15, 07:39 PM
Kent

Taking a hearty gulp of the drink he exclaims, "Bwahaha, this one is much better. Thanks Ru." Motioning to Winston, the sloth slowly tottered toward the group, shifting slowly into it's familiar jacket form.

Donning the coat and now looking surprisingly refreshed and ready to search the town Kent looked to the others. "Alright! I'm ready to go if... zzzzzzzz"

EdroGrimshell
2010-08-15, 08:10 PM
Looking to Ru, Amelia simply asks, "does this happen often?" while waving her hand in front of Kent's face.

SuperMuldoon
2010-08-15, 08:15 PM
Gideon Marsh

Gideon looks out over the town, it looked slightly different then the books and stories had made it seem, but it was where the first step of their journey would begin.

"Do you really think we can find a map in a place like this Captain?""I doubt Ru could even find a decent recipe book here."

"From everything I've read and heard, this is the best place in North Blue to begin a journey into the Grand Line. While it may not look like much from here...I'm sure we will find the map we require." Gideon responds, still not used to being called Captain. Remembering the fate of his mentor, Gideon knew the weight of a Captain's burden was heavy, but if he could shoulder it, he knew that the crew was able to accomplish anything. We will succeed! I know it! he thinks, steeling himself for the trials ahead...but first, they must find that map.

"You'll all like this! It's a smoothie made of Pond Peaches, some berries, and orange juice! This was a healthy treat drunken by merchants from west blue to prevent scurvy along with something sweet, as when a pond peach is crushed, its natural sweetness increases!"

Gideon accepts the drink with a smile. "Thank you, Ru." he takes a sip. "Ahhh, delicious! Gideon savors the taste for a moment, and then looks to the group. "Alright crew, listen up. According to my notes, this is the place with the highest success rate of entering the Grand Line. Therefore, there must be people here who know the best ways to get through Reverse Mountain, otherwise why start here?" Gideon takes a breath, and continues. "Now, lets find that map so we can sail to our dreams!" He cheers, and then looks to Kent and grins. "Somebody wake up Kent!"

EdroGrimshell
2010-08-15, 08:38 PM
He cheers, and then looks to Kent and grins. "Somebody wake up Kent!"

Amelia grins then gives Kent a rather solid hit to the head.

Fisher
2010-08-15, 08:49 PM
Kent

Tumbling several paces back, Kent collides squarely into the siderails. Hopping to his feet without missing a beat he happily states, "So, ready to go?"

Smacking a bit of dust of his coat he adds, "We're off Capt'n. Seeya after a while."

Notice: [roll0]

DukeGod
2010-08-15, 09:37 PM
After a long howl,Julian comes out from the ship's inside,with his wolf form.Nothing that hampered any of his abilities to speak

So,we arrived?

Without waiting for any awnsers he puts his front paws on the ship's siderail and takes a good look at the so called town

This place must be filled with stories...of pirates who passed here to go to the Grand Line!I gotta search around!

Tying his bag to his body with some difficult due to his form,he tries to reassume Human shape,but fails.Imagining it was one of those times when he lost control over his powers,already used to it don't show much reaction

Bye,Cap.Tell ya if I find anything

As soon as finds safe to jump into the port,ignoring the entirety of the crew as he usually did when in a place like that,he starts running around at full speed until finding a library or a tavern where he imagined could find lots of stories

EdroGrimshell
2010-08-15, 11:27 PM
Kent

Tumbling several paces back, Kent collides squarely into the siderails. Hopping to his feet without missing a beat he happily states, "So, ready to go?"

Smacking a bit of dust of his coat he adds, "We're off Capt'n. Seeya after a while."

"Ready when you are, i just hope you don't start sleep walking on us."

Amelia then sets off with Kent and Ru

Fri
2010-08-15, 11:42 PM
As the ship's slowly docking, harmonica tune (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZWZza34Oy0) can be heard playing through the deck. From afar, people might think that the sound came from a slumped leather sack that's leaning against a wall. Only if you look carefully, you'd noticed that there's a head popping on top of the sack. In fact, it's not a sack at all, but a small girl that's completely covered in a long cloak from neck to toe sitting against a wall.

"This city sounds nice..." Her voice can be heard after a while, soft and rather singsong-y. "It might not looks like it, but I can hear that it's alive and breathing. Anyone want to go with me to the market? I'm curious what tune this town's gunpowder can produce..."

Slowly Mary raises herself from the deck and put a rather big leather hat. She then puts her harmonica away and jumps gracefully toward the dock.

"Don't worry captain. I'll open my ear for any news about the map..." she says as she nods her head toward the captain.

roll[1d20+[/roll] search for the wherabout of the map in the market
notice in case she can hear anything about the map.
oh, and I don't know whether this'll help or not, but she kinda have super hearing, which consist of 10 times usual hearing range, and can pinpoint sounds accurately.

Poison_Fish
2010-08-16, 12:31 AM
Ru takes off with her heavy backpack "I'll pick up some food supplies as well Gid!" She hops off and lands on the dock lightly. She then heads into town with Amelia and Kent.

SuperMuldoon
2010-08-16, 12:32 AM
"We're off Capt'n. Seeya after a while."

Gideon nods at the group of 3. "Good luck, let's try to meet back here before sundown and share what we've found out."

"I'll pick up some food supplies as well Gid!"
"Good idea! There's no telling when we will see another port once we leave!" he says, waving as they head off into the city.

Gideon turns to Mary. "The market sounds like a great place to start..." He jumps down to the dock, landing with a bit of a wobble next to Mary. "I think I will accompany you for a bit. I would like to see what wares this island has to offer, and perhaps learn about any current events here that we should be aware of." he says, doing a final check to make sure the ship is firmly secured to the dock.

Fisher
2010-08-16, 12:57 AM
"Ready when you are, i just hope you don't start sleep walking on us."

Amelia then sets off with Kent and Ru

"Bwahaha, sleep-walking? You make it sound like I fall asleep at the drop of a hat," he replies obliviously.

Looking this way and that while traversing the dock into the city he eventually asks, "So, I guess the first order of business is renting one of those little boats, huh? Winston here isn't too keen on swimming."

Poison_Fish
2010-08-16, 01:14 AM
"Bwahaha, sleep-walking? You make it sound like I fall asleep at the drop of a hat," he replies obliviously.

Looking this way and that while traversing the dock into the city he eventually asks, "So, I guess the first order of business is renting one of those little boats, huh? Winston here isn't too keen on swimming."

"Yup! Just gotta snatch one up. It's a pretty unique thing about here." Ru flags some people down to ask where places are that they can rent ships. She smiles brightly at them"Hey there, where do you think we could rent a ship to get around town?"

If I am having to use skills to get peoples attention, using ranks in bishojo for diplomacy to get help.
Diplomacy [roll0]

Skycroft
2010-08-16, 01:58 PM
The others bustle about and start talking as the ship comes in, but Zephyr (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=231335) sits quietly on the side-rails, declining to enter the conversation for now.

A slight melancholy comes upon him, as he looks over the strange, half-submerged city. This is his second time, sailing to Reverse Mountain. If he still had the map they had used the last time, they wouldn't have to look for one now. But that map had been lost with the Montario pirates.

Zephyr shakes his head, trying to throw off the memories darkening his mood. He absently accepts the glass Ru hands to him, and takes a sip before he realizes what he's drinking.

Pond peaches. The taste brings back memories of a different kind. This was a popular health juice, back in West Blue, though Ru's version is sweeter (and, frankly, tastier) than the drink he remembers. Still, one sip is all it takes to send him back to Mayena, where it had been served in the local bar. Mayena, with its farms and windmills and small town pace, sleepy and slow.

Too slow. As he drinks, Zephyr remembers why he had left and feels disappointed with himself. Hadn't he promised Ling and his old Nakama that he wouldn't he held back by anything anymore? The last thing he's should do now is let some bad memories slow him down.

He finishes his drink and feels his melancholy vanish as if it had never been there as his natural cheerfulness bubbled up again. He is briefly startled as a lupine form suddenly rushes past him and leaps nimbly off the ship before running off, probably to the nearest tavern.

Zephyr had, somewhat petulantly, come to terms with the fact that he couldn't (yet, he added mentally) outrun Julian in wolf form. It still gave him some amusement to wonder if their resident storyteller had realized that all the speed in the world wouldn't be much use in a city you could only get about in by boat. Or that a talking wolf would be some cause for alarm.

Shaking his head, the first mate leaps off the edge of the ship, sailing through the air like a bird before landing a little in front of Gideon and Mary.

"Hey Captain." he says, giving a mock (but clearly not meant in insult) salute. "I think I'll stick with Julian. We're the fastest, so we can cover a lot of ground." He nods to Mary "Good luck in the market, you two."

With that said, Zephyr speeds off after Julian, leaping lightly across the catwalks used by the perpetual cleaners. He is a ways from the docks before he realizes that he had forgotten to thank Ru. He makes a mental note to do so later.

For the drink. And for the reminder.

SuperMuldoon
2010-08-16, 02:08 PM
Gideon Marsh

"Hey Captain." he says, giving a mock (but clearly not meant in insult) salute. "I think I'll stick with Julian. We're the fastest, so we can cover a lot of ground." He nods to Mary "Good luck in the market, you two."

Gideon grins and returns the salute. "Sounds like a good plan. I bet by the time we actually get to the market, you two will be back already with a map in hand!" he says, and watches Zephyr speed off after Julian.

DukeGod
2010-08-17, 07:42 AM
Midway through his run,he sees Zephyr jumping around the place after him.Every now and then it amused him to tease him,by running faster than the poor bastard could catch up with,but this time he decides to go togeter,speeding down so he can make company,and eventually stops completely all of sudden,at whick point he sits in the ground

"Zephyr!Wait,I am hungry!"

Ru had probably did something to give then energies but in his hurry he never bothered to wait.Then,from the mane like fur on his neck a small cat jumps into the ground.With some help from the chain also attached to his neck.His white fur completely messed as if he just woke up,but it was probably the wind

"Hey,Ombra!There you were.Hungry too?"

Taking his back,he looks around it and finally finds it,taking a bottle of milk and a bowl.He puts the bowl on the ground and fills it with some milk,leaving the bottle by the half or around that.Still holding it with his teeth,he says

"Want some Zephyr?" before he gets an awnser he takes a small sip,and only then looks back at his nakama waiting for the anwser

Skycroft
2010-08-17, 11:54 AM
"I'll pass, thanks." says Zephyr, an amused smile on his face.

He squats down next to Julian so they can talk face to ...snout.

"I assume you were headed to the tavern." He says. "That seems a pretty good place to look for the map. Just let me do the talking for now, O.K? At least 'til we get there. A talking animal would excite some comment, and its probably best to keep a low profile for now. We don't want the Marines all over us."

He stands up and stretches a bit. "I'll go fetch us a boat and ask directions to the nearest tavern. You two," he gives Ombra a little ruffle behind the ears, "enjoy your milk."

Captain Crab
2010-08-19, 11:09 PM
Zephyr and Julian

As the two of the newly formed crew began to patrol the streets, the smell of various cleaners flooded the streets and dominated anything else. Various serfs scurried about the towns western merchant quarters, wiping down everything within sight. This did make some sense, everything was plated with valuable and precious metals, boasting the cities wealth. On the other hand it ruined the purpose of such a over the top lavish setting. Having your amazing impoverished underclass running back, while sometimes being berated from wealthy shop owners didn't reflect kindly one the port city.

Getting off their small, banana shaped boat, the two entered what seemed like the hundredth shop, this one rare book store. Unlike most places while it elegant, it was merely made out of a bled of marble and oak. Unlike most places in city that looked recently erected, this one building looked older than time itself

A kind faced, robust balding man stepped out from the door and waved at them.

"Hmmmmmm? Don't get many fellows like you at this old place. Welcome Willow's Treasures, how could I help you gentlemen?"

Mary Bell and Gideon Marsh

The far south end of City of the Seas had never pretended to have any splendor. To call it a shanky town would add some type of grandeur it didn't have. From what Mary and Gideon could tell, the wealthiest of the serfs rested in poorly built and titled "wooden" huts made out of refuse and spare materials from the islands rigidly matined facade. The rest lived in the shade of the gold plated and jewel encrusted towers.

They had stumbled upon the area purely by accident, simply futher and further south to look for the map that plotted the course of the Reverse Mountain, as store after store front turned up empty.

As soon as they entered, the overcrowded ghetto gaze turned to them. It wasn't a look of hate or even curiosity, but one of simply fear as there eyes settled back to small commotion in the middle of the shanty town. A small blaze had started in a small hut near the middle of the enclosure, and a group of men in blue tunics with a X insignia, with metal plate armor underneath it; standing around

Behind them a man with a pointed mustache in the same clothing as them, but with a Musketeer style hat and boyish good looks, held a large piece of parchment in his hands.

"By the order of Baron Eldridge Bludd, your lord, the Vista family is hereby charged with owning contraband goods and possession of treasonous literature. As punishment, all of their earthly goods are now the property of Baron Eldridge Bludd and their place residence destroyed. They are themselves are scheduled for execution. Such is the price of being traitor. " The man bellowed loud enough for not only all to hear but hard edged enough to put the right amount of fear into them. As he started a round verbal barrage, one of the dirt covered serfs called him a liar, and a guard bashed him over the head with the blunt end of a halberd. As this happened, the leader's eyes settled on Mary and Marsh.

"You two are visitors correct? What is your purpose here? This is restricted area in case in neither of noticed and for good reason. These people are scum and your very lives are in danger by placing your persons here where you normally would be here secluded by them. Turn back now."

Kent, Ru, and Amelia

While Kent and rest of the crew began discussing of the sheer amount of failure in finding a map near east side of the city, they decided to help pack the reminder of the supplies onto their ship, before checking out the center of the city and regrouping with their comrades, Ru noticed a small group of children began converging around their ship. Most of them where nothing but battered brown rags that barely passed as clothes, no doubt having starting life as potato sacks and towels used to clean left spills of oil, dirt, and much worse; and surprisingly well made straw sandals. The ruling class might be callous and cold hearted but that didn't mean stupid.

They knew the only their laborer could work is if they could walk. Poor footwear impeded that quite a bit.

Most of the children looked on in silent awe of the small group. Envy extremely glowing in their eyes. None of them know even a fraction of a percent of the freedom the all the merchants, sailors, Marines....and pirates enjoy. All of them the moment they where born inherited a culminated debt from their ancestors that they and their descendants could ever help to pay off in their lifetimes. They would work they died in whatever their landowners saw fit, none of the tasks of witch they would be asked to do could be deemed romantic in the least. On one of their few moments of free time, it only made sense for them to gaze upon others who seemed to have never ending supply of hope, freedom, and anything else they are lacking in the moment. For the most part it would be true.

"I'm telling you Kari, they must be explorers of merchants of something. I bet they are going out to make a fortune or something in the New World, and their probably richer than God already." A young ash blond haired boy cried in excitement, causing his hole laden wool hat to tumble of his head.

"No, their probably just going to Lougetown...maybe then to the Grand Line. If they where that rich, they wouldn't the ones sailing their ship....unless it where very large or part of a fleet or something. Their probably just as rich as Master Zeeni is." A girl, presumably Kari, tried to say ruefully, but failing to hide her own sense of wonder.

"No, their probably Pirates. They look pretty tough and they aren't enough of them to be mercs or Marines." a short, impossibly thin bald boy said flatly.

"Oh come on. What would pirates be doing here? Their all on the Grand Line burying treasure and stuff, Philip. Besides its illegal for them to be here." The girl said snidely. but with that she couldn't keep a large goofy looking smile on her face

"Well they try to get to the Grand Line somehow...and its illegal for Pirates to be anywhere. They either get by to where they want by trying to scare everyone or keeping their heads down and handing off a few Berris to whoever does see them. Even right now I bet their are dozens of other pirates here doing the same thing. Keeping their mouth shut and spending enough money here that merchants don't bother trying to find out who their dealing with." Philip replied dryly.

"HHHPPPMMMMM. That's sorta lame. In any case I still bet they have more money then they know what to do with." The other boy pouted to Philip, and then smiled to himself "Hey maybe their looking for...." before he noticed Ru gaze.

"He-hey miste-sters need any help? 80 Berries to help move the cargo, luggage or something?" the boy stumbled out, and trying on a nervous smile. Pirates are scary people

Skycroft
2010-08-20, 01:05 AM
Zephyr looked around the bookstore. Like it always did whenever there were books gathered in large quantities, the dry scent of paper filled the air; making it musky but not unpleasant.

"Greetings." Zephyr inclined his head at the shopkeeper pleasantly. "I am looking for a couple of things."

"Firstly: I have a friend who happens to be interested in rare tales and stories," Zephyr neglected to mention that said friend was right next to him, "and I would like to browse your store for books that he might be interested in."

"Secondly, and more importantly: I personally am interested in maps. I don't suppose you sell them in this store?" As he asked, Zephyr tried to gauge if asking directly for a map of Reverse Mountain would be a wise or unwise move.

Just in case it makes any difference Wisdom (common sense) roll to see if asking for a map of Reverse Mountain would draw undue suspicion (like, say, a bunch of Marines wondering why we're asking):
[roll0]

Also, again just in case, If he lies to me my sense motive roll is 30 (taking ten) whether I have any reason to suspect he is lying or not (Truth Sense).

Captain Crab
2010-08-20, 01:26 AM
Zephyr and Julian

The Store Owner smiled widely, holding out his hand telling them to hold on, as rushed behind a glass counter to their left, pulling out a bundle of books never harmed by human hands but whose pages where now yellow and infirm with the rigors of age that affect all.

"As to your first question, I have two of the books from The Library Alexandris itself. One of them is a history before the formation of the World Government...before the Void Century mind you...and another details recounts a few tales of a hero of Elbaf." the store owner said happily, with a slight edge of hesitation, obviously worried that books might be damaged, lifting a small chest, to pack what might be a couple of newly sold books to them.

"As for maps, I have more than a couple here and there. Mostly collections gathered together from voyages of great explorers, Marines and Navy officials,...and pirates. What may I ask are you looking for." the owner continued.

Yeah it comes in handy. He was very hesitant to tell you ANYTHING about the maps, but did so because he dismissed that worry as irrational.

Skycroft
2010-08-20, 01:51 AM
Zephyr looked at the yellowing books with awe, careful not to touch them. He had asked for the books for Julian's sake, but even he could tell that these old books were valuable indeed.

"You have a truly impressive selection of books." He compliments, letting honest admiration color his voice.

"As for the map, I am interested in the area south of here, around the entrance to the Grand Line. Reverse Mountain, to be specific. It is so hard to get accurate maps of that area."

The silent question of why he would want such a map hangs in the air for a moment. Zephyr weighs the pros and cons of various replies in his head before coming to a decision.

"You see..." says Zephyr, quietly and with some hesitation, "I lost some friends, on that Mountain. I would like to go back there, to look for whatever I can find of them." Every word was true.

Diplomacy check:
[roll0]
Edit:Better than nothing, I guess.

Captain Crab
2010-08-20, 02:03 AM
Zephyr and Julian

With that, the robust man frowned, and shook his head.

"I'm afraid anything like that is WAY beyond a tiny store like mine. There might be something like that elsewhere in our fair city, but I wouldn't bet on it. Such items are in high demand...and there might be some powerful people here that want it more than you." The store owner stated flatly, but with a note of sympathy.

Your wisdom roll, being the critical roll that it was...power ends here but tells you he is LYING HIS ASS OFF. He has the map your looking for, but is afraid of those "powerful people. Once Duke posts and makes a roll for himself you can maybe find a way to get the map in your hands. Or a way to get it.

Also, normally I wouldn't do this, but what the hell. Duke might want to ask about the Library.

SuperMuldoon
2010-08-20, 09:16 AM
Gideon Marsh

"You two are visitors correct? What is your purpose here? This is restricted area in case in neither of noticed and for good reason. These people are scum and your very lives are in danger by placing your persons here where you normally would be here secluded by them. Turn back now."

"Apologies sir, my little sister and I have gotten seperated from our group...May I ask what these people did that was so wrong that it requires the punishment of execution?" Gideon asks, trying to find out as much as he can without running afoul of the guards. While he is talking, he tries to peek at what subject material the books contain that the soldiers are burning. This place is terrible...not only do the people live like slaves, they are putting people to death and burning books!

[roll0]
[roll1]
diplomacy for talking to the guards, notice to see what the books are that are being burnt.

Fri
2010-08-20, 09:36 AM
Mary says softly to the captain. "I know that something's wrong with the sounds of this city. The city is alive, but not more than that."

She then turns her attention toward the soldiers and their leader.

"That's right sir, as you figured out, we are simple visitors and we're just looking for supplies for our journey. We really don't have any reason to obstruct your official business. Don't we, Brother?" she turns toward Gideon. "Though, from what I see, you gentlemen also had finished your business here as everyone seems to have got the point, hadn't you?"

(diplomacy to convince the soldiers to leave the poor citizens. If I can take 10 I'll take 10, but if this counts as stressful situation here's my roll [roll0] diplomacy)

EdroGrimshell
2010-08-20, 09:57 AM
Amelia smiles at the kids, she had a soft spot for the little ones. Reaching into a pocket she pulls out a few beri and hands them over before saying, "we're looking for a store that sells books, maps, and schemata, do you know any place that sells them? If you take us to the place, i'll give yah more." she finishes with a wink.

Just in case the kids lie or i need the rolls;
Diplomacy: [roll0]
Sense Motive: [roll1]

And no bluff because i'm not lying to the kids

Captain Crab
2010-08-20, 11:58 AM
Gideon and Mary, Shanty Town

The guard snarled at Gideon's question and waved him off dismissively.

" An outsider like you wouldn't understand the Sea's code of laws and the nuances of its morality even if I had a few years to explain it to you. They warranted this punishment from the moment they chose to read anything other edicts from their lord or religious texts approved by the state for such deviants. By learning to read they had already come close to breaking law. In my opinion, that's going soft on them.

I know they look like humans, but I can assure you they are not. THEY ARE SCUM. They are the decedents of murderers, thieves, cowards, and traitors sent here long ago by the World Government to rebuild the city when it sank in lieu of a trip to the gallows. Since then our fair city has been boiling over with crime and when they where allowed to move freely corruption. This is purely a preventive measure, and a half assed one at that." The guard hissed

Gideon caught a short glimpse of the fire, seeing nothing more than simple parchment and books being tossed into the blaze. The circle of guards simply blocked out his vision.

You failed that notice roll, may I suggest Fri try and take one?

DukeGod
2010-08-20, 12:18 PM
"Library of Alexandris huh?Never heard of that,but it sounds pretty interesting...Oh wait"

Again,standing up and supporting himself by putting his front paws on the desk,while staying away from the books and controlling his breath aswell,he notices that he let his voice appear

Damm,I spoke.Sorry Zephyr.So,you got some cool books here.But I think you do have as a matter of fact,the map we want.A map to the Grand Line must not be so rare.And right now you just showed us som books that are way older than than the World's Government.Unless they are some kind of family heritage,but I don't think so or you would not even show them just like that

That was a rare sight.Julian was at most times calm and oblivious.Sometimes even easily distracted.But his intelligence and awareness were beyond the average of humans,and his knowledge of stories,where lots of times some small details were important made it so he could notice the small things and details

So tell me.I don't wanna know just why you don't wanna sell us the map.But if that's the case,why don't we exchange favours?What do you need that you're willing to trade for it?

Diplomacy roll [roll0]

Fri
2010-08-20, 02:32 PM
(I do have rolled search and notice in my first post. Though do you mean I should roll another new one?)

Captain Crab
2010-08-20, 03:26 PM
(I do have rolled search and notice in my first post. Though do you mean I should roll another new one?)

OOC: A new one. Its noticing the commotion that brought you here :smallcool:

Fri
2010-08-20, 04:39 PM
([roll0] here goes notice roll then :smallbiggrin:)

Poison_Fish
2010-08-20, 07:53 PM
Ru adjusts one of the heavy bags of food she is carrying to get a better look at them. Ru smiles at the kids and nods at Amelia's suggestion. She speaks in a refined but friendly fashion "Why, we would be very interested in knowing where to get such things. But oh my, you all look a bit hungry as well. If you all can help me get this stuff in the right place and suggest some nice places, I'll throw in an extra special treat for you." She smiles again and if you look closely, there is a faint imprint and fragrance of flowers floating about her.

OOC: applying Bishojo feat to the kids, rolling diplomacy to get them to be very helpful along with sense motive to get a better idea of how they are reacting.
Diplomacy [roll0]
Sense Motive [roll1]

Fisher
2010-08-21, 02:13 AM
Kent

While lugging a large stack of crates aboard the ship, Kent's ears strained to listen to the group's conversation. The kids seemed innocent enough, or at least as innocent as one could be in a town like this. Returning to the dock, after stowing the load on-board, he grabbed another armful of supplies and continued working.

Stifling a yawn, his eyes wandered about the city as he carried supplies back and forth between the ship and the dock.

Couple of notice rolls while moving the crates.
Notice: [roll0]
Notice: [roll1]

Captain Crab
2010-08-26, 10:07 PM
Zephyr and Julian

The bookstore owner looked out the window briefly, then turned back to the pair of pirates.

"Listen I really don't want any trouble. I and a few others in town have the maps your looking for, but I won't give them up. Bludd and other idiots might have sold this town to murderers and scumbags, but I won't. You might not work for Captain Vorhaess and might be some nobody, but I won't take that chance. If you really want the map that badly go to the Baron Bludd's palace tonight. I hope you all kill each other. " Owner said firmly, pointing a pudgy finger towards the door.

"In lieu of you not killing me for that piece of parchment, I'll tell you this, Alexandria was the library located on the Grand Line that once held the whole world's knowledge and known history, until it was destroyed in a storm a hundred years back. Luckily all the knowledge or at least one copy of each of those books survived, but they where scattered across the Grand Line. The largest collection of them, outside of the New World, is a city called Pontus. Now LEAVE ME BE.

DukeGod
2010-08-27, 05:28 PM
As dakrness covers the body of the wolf and he steps back,still standing,and some sort of black smoke takes the shape of a human,Julian changes to his human form.Looked like he was back in control of his powers

"I understand"

Walks towards the door and opens it,but there he stands and looks back towards the owner.At least they had information on where to got a map,even if dangerous opportunity

"But I won't let you walk around tainting our prideand the tale of me and my nakama like that.I am no murderer,as you said it yourself,we didn't killed you,nor we will"

Captain Crab
2010-08-31, 12:36 AM
Kent, Ru, and Amelia

The kids offered wide smiles to Ru and the rest of the crew and got to work lugging around the cargo. Philip and the gang grinning ear to ear the entire time. Partly out of the prospect of being rewarded but also because part of them thought they where becoming part of an adventure.

An hour or so later, after all the crates and supplies where packed, Kari offered the pirate crew a thumbs up.

"Alright, we're done misters. After we get out treat, we'll tell you about Mister Mearcia. He has a bunch of maps and stuff."

Poison_Fish
2010-08-31, 01:04 AM
"Excellent, and thank you for the help!" Ru gets to cooking up a sweet pond peach pastry using the left over pond peaches. She dices them up quickly and slides them into a sugary dough and bakes it up for them all to eat.

Craft: Cooking [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2010-08-31, 09:26 AM
Amelia smiles at the children again, "I really wish Julian was here, he could have told you a story while we waited." She looks thoughtful for a moment, "Would you like to see the rest of the ship?"

SuperMuldoon
2010-09-01, 10:23 AM
Gideon Marsh

Gideon felt stuck. On one hand, what was happening was terrible. These people were going to die simply for having and reading books. He wished he could have seen what it was they were reading...But on the other hand, it would be tantamount to suicide to intervene - let alone they still needed to find that map.

"Thank you, we will stay out of your way." he says to the guard. When he has a moment, he whispers to Mary. "This place is rotten...we have to try and do something, I can't just let these people be killed just for having books! We should try and find out as much as we can about this place...why it is the way it is and who is responsible. There must be something we can do..."