PDA

View Full Version : Ooze: The Quest for Sentience (IC)

un_known
2010-08-15, 08:50 PM
Taken from the notes of Theophilius Alphagetti

Day 247 – Final Product of Brewing

You are ooze, a failed experiment by your master called Theophilious Alphagetti. He had attempted to create a gelatinous cube of unrivaled power. One that would allow him a bid for control within the Academy of the Arcane Arts but alas it has failed and he has succumbed to their wishes.
Every graduate of the Academy of the Arcane Arts must teach an apprentice before they are finally free of the school. And to Theophilious’ dismay he has been given the child prodigy Caevon Rimefire. This child prodigy is a disaster for Theophilious as he won’t stop pestering him with questions about strange things and weird chemicals. He even wanted to adopt one of you! Or at least you’d know that if spoke Common. Caevon has an innate curiosity for things he shouldn’t put his hands into and his familiar, a silent owl, shows it as well. Recently you witnessed the Owl take something from your master’s laboratory into the small door leading to a room that seems brighter then this one and ever since then your master has been trying to find something that was in approximately the same place.
As you hear him cursing his incompetency he cries out in ooze the first words you ever hear, “If only I had not failed my experiment. These oozes are nothing, they cannot do work even. If only they could find me that special compound I made.” And with that he turns away and leaves.
A pheromone thought begins to form within you; almost as if that had given you life. You bubble upwards and looking towards the door the owl had vanished into. You know what to do…

The room surrounding you is a very large room to you, if you could understand measurements it would be about 60 ft. by 30 ft. The floor is stone and is heated by magic. There are six doors out of the room and you don’t know where Theophilius has gone or that pesky apprentice. But first things first, you need to get off this table to lab equipment and find out what to do…

Fable Wright
2010-08-15, 09:24 PM
The pain.

The first thing he was aware of was the ringing pain. Shooting all throughout his body, the pain. The harsh pheromones of his master still littered the air. It stung. His creator, the one who created his body, the being who went through all of creation, solely to bind his soul out of the Nothingness, called him a failed experiment. He was nothing to his master. A failure. It rung through every compound of his body. He was nothing. A void. A hole to be filled. The infinite power of the universe coursed through his body, and he was nothing. Despair turned to rage. Rage that his master would dare call him a failure. Rage that he would abandon them. And then resolve. He would succeed. He would prove himself superior to his master. He was abandoned. This... chemical, that the master desired. It obviously had some power. The creator was obsessed with power. The only thing that he wanted was power, and quickly. That was why he cast them aside. They were powerless in his eyes. This chemical must have power. Despite his lack of intelligence, a thought was forming in his head. His first thought that was not emotion or desire. I... get... chemical... was it. But with that thought, emotion coursed through his body. He turned to his still dormant siblings. They had not found a purpose in life. He touched them, and emotions coursed through his body. With his touch, he made them see his thought, and his purpose. He willed them to follow him, to aid his purpose. To obtain power. So that he could be strong. The magical fey compounds within his body stirred within him when he was convincing others to help him. They would retrieve this... chemical, or whatever it was. And then he would become strong. He liked that idea. And with that, and his message delivered, he approached the edge of the pot, seeking new horizons, with the promise of more power.

Mangles
2010-08-15, 10:24 PM
The touch of his brother stirred something deep within him. The desire for power was correct and he would help his sibling obtain it. He would help them all obtain it. Maybe it was his own fey heritage that allowed his brother to wake him first. That made his brothers link stronger. Whatever the case he begins tries to help rouse the others. Following the example of his older sibling.

Croverus
2010-08-16, 11:12 AM
The greyish blob, the most bland looking of his siblings, awoke. He understood what his first two borther had relayed to him. He did not bother waking the still dormant siblings as the ones who awoke him will take care of that. He determines his distance around and bubbles, thinking. Unloike his elder brothers, the grey blob had less curiosity and felt that he was set in who he was already, like an unflinching... thing that didn't flinch. He'd have to come up with better words later. He touched the eldest, indicating an idea to try stretching up to the top of the pot. This was out of desire to be out of the pot so as not to be an easy target. The grey blob had a fighitng spirit in him, and would likely only assist the eldest brother for mutual goals.

un_known
2010-08-16, 11:42 AM
Stringing yourselves together you slowly begin to surmount the walls of the Metal Pot. Pushing towards the top it suddenly goes dark, pitch black as night as the metal lid comes down closing your fate. But you push, working together you lift the edges and it comes clattering to the table top around you. A glass vial explodes in a shower of sparks and sulfuric gas, incinerating the lid on contact. The tremors of the explosion arc upwards into you. Looking about you, you can sense the table bellow is bustling with activity. Thousands of open flames heating different compounds, and even more piles of paper are strewn across the massive table top.

Directly across from you, within reach, is a glass apparatus of twisting tubes and metal thingy`ma’bobs that bubbles along endlessly. Strange liquids of many colours stream through it at intense speed, and they seem to shoot out at the end of it into a bucket on the floor. Looks like a quick way to get down… but whats in it is the question. You can notice an opening near the top where air bubbles are escaping. It looks like its only two feet up, two feet of sheer glass.

As you begin to think of your options, either going down the pot and braving the table or trying to apparatus to get off the table you can feel the air stir, and a the scent of the colour white comes into your mind. The snowy owl is circling above you, it lands on a perch not far away facing the opposite direction, but its head turns 180 degrees to look at you disapprovingly. As it lets out a chirp its large eyes stay fixed upon you, waiting.

Now what will you do?

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-16, 11:54 AM
The reddish ooze awakens with the sparks, an anathema to magic of all sorts, it futilely stretches up to attempt to catch one of the sparks. Before it could return to stupor, the Cranberry ooze catches the idea of the others and drifts towards the nearby apparatus. Bubbling occasionally from hunger, it sits waiting ready to reach out.

TurtleKing
2010-08-16, 06:12 PM
Oh they have thought bubbles. I guess they are now awake. Oh well I, Squee the blue ooze, shall now ... be first. I must be first. I will reach the floor before them. They can have fun with that wierd thing looping around everywhere. I will take the shortest way through that so called fire. Bah! They call this fire it is nothing. I am fire. That bird has something of mine, and I must get it back. I think I will give that bird my bird. Let see the middle finger was it?

I wonder what bird taste like...:smallbiggrin:? I am hungry. He lookes tasty and I'm cooking.

Fable Wright
2010-08-16, 06:47 PM
This... thing... was watching him. This would have to be taken care of later. Right now, he had to get off the table. He oozed down the pot towards the open table, daring to go through the maze of open flames. Right after he sent a bolt of eldritch energy arcing at the bird who had stolen the chemical.

[roll0]-1
[roll1]

un_known
2010-08-16, 07:22 PM
The bird jerked out of the way angerly. It began to hoot estatically before flying out of your line of sight. The air stirred by its wings have brought one of the tall stacks of paper tumbling down. A fire burns not far from where it has fallen, a simple spark would be all that is needed to ignite it.

As you slip down the side of the pot you can see open flames burning around you. Your sight is all but blocked and your vision distorted by bottles of many colours and sizes. A small bug skitters past a bottle, seeming to become almost ten times bigger then you, fear jiggles through you.

Croverus
2010-08-16, 11:35 PM
(so that's a medium size insect then?:smallamused:)

That thing scurrying past, even if it was bigger it would probably be good for food. Briefly touching the others he gives them the idea, asking almost if any would assist. He felt like he could get a few good whacks at it. And the grey ooze... Ssputtle, that sounded like a good name, was made a bit denser and tougher than his brothers.

Mangles
2010-08-17, 12:24 AM
Orange sees the apparatus as the best opportunity down and slides into it without delay. At least he will be protected from the owl while traveling within it. "Watch me brothers. If it is safe than follow."

TurtleKing
2010-08-17, 12:40 AM
Ssputtle?:smallconfused: "Hey Ssputtle when he was making us did he hack a lugie as part of making you? You may be tough, but I am... toasty! Besides that bug isn't so big he can just cast weirdshape. Weirdshape is where he can stretch or enlarge parts of himself like if he was in front of a funhouse mirror. And oh don't I sound how so smart.":smallcool:

"Hey wait where did the bird go? I know he must taste like chicken because he chickened out. Chicken, chicken, chicken, chicken, Chicken! I want that chicken!:smallfurious:"

smuchmuch
2010-08-17, 03:16 AM
Mauve

Mauve the ooze is ... thinking. yes, thinking the world seems about right for that new activity. It's kind of funny that whole 'self awareness' buisness but it's hard too, you can get easily lost.

Take existence for exemple. Mauve would define itself as a thinking, at least since the last five seconds or so, real being, right ? But what if Mauve, no in fact the whole reallity thing around is just the delusion of a butterfly dreaming she's a chineese philosopher dreaming he's an ooze ?
well, probably. Not that mauve as any idea what a buterfly, a chineese philosopher or dreaming may be, but that still feel awfull.

But if it doesn't exist anyway, how can it be refered too ? Just the fact it can be thought about means thar, even if doesn't have a concrete presence, it exist at least as a concept for others. Even non existence and anything associated to it. Therefore in a way everything that doesn't exist, exist.*
Uh....
Mauve has been thinking for ten second and has already found contradiction, we're off to a great start. Probably better to think about something else.

Now that Mauve is aware about its own life, wich, it has decided after a few seconds more of reflection, seems real enough for now, how about a goal for it ? That sound like it would fun to a complish something now that it can actualy do something.
Something epic you could create about. Mauve wasn't sure were those concept camme from; but everytime it thought about it, it keep visualising ** mental images of strange scenes and sounds. But the funny thing is they didn't camme from the environement, but vibrated somehow on the inside. Imagination and inspiration seemd good names to call it. But that imagination seemed to have a life of it's own, it wanted to get out and it wanted to be fed.

So something to do, something to do. Hey maybe it could follow the others. from what it understood, there was clearly somme kind of divinity who had given them a quest for a misterious material, stolen by a terrible monster. The recuperation would no doubt involve braving many dangers and overcomming untold ordeals.
Untold ? Not if Mauve has anything to do with it, this is prime Oozpera material !

It' small body filled with strange but fascinating ideas it doesn't really fully understands and the seed of an overactive imagaintion, Mauve starts it's ascention of the tube were it was born.

sorry if the first post is kinda long and not too well written, just trying to establish the personality of the character.

*Horribly shoddy logic, true, but hey, it's an ooze, what were you expecting ? They aren't that great conceptual thinkers.

**Wich can be quite weird when you don't have actual vision

Morph Bark
2010-08-17, 01:00 PM
Consciousness did not come to him -- her -- it? -- slowly. No, it came with a quick-fast SNAP-BAM. Then there was consciousness. Luckily for it -- her -- him? -- it did not possess knowledge of The Matrix or it would have even questioned whether it did truly possess consciousness or not. Sure, there had been moments before -- memories it thought it possessed, brief flashes -- but that was all. There was a hidden purpose it -- he? -- she? -- was aware of, though... something with... chemicals.

"I - I am here! Here and now! I am I!" But who and what she -- he -- it -- she? -- he did not know yet. Then it decided for itself. The what that it was was a superhero. The who? Why, that was a band whose music played far in the background, softly practicing, as if waiting to be commented on.

And while he -- he for superheroes just could not be female, that would make them superheroines -- lacked shades, he did... actually not lack shades, for he was coloured with several that flowed through and across one another into a purplish blend of red-blue and blue-red. Purple. "I am purple! I am..." He needed a proper superhero name. "Klarcent!"

Of course, anyone else would just hear bubbling and splurting, the vocalization of an ooze.

Then the realization came: he was trapped! But he spotted others like him. "Brothers!" Oh goodie, he was already in a superhero team! Spotting some Orange fellow sliding down an apparatus nearby, Klarcent the Purple hopped to the occassion as far as oozes could hop to it, following right after him -- her -- it? -- him! Maybe that ooze was the designated leader of this outfit already?

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-17, 01:30 PM
It had let two of its brothers past, that was enough, they would not get to eat all the magic on their own. Another bubble of hunger, and Cranberry too "leaped" into the apparatus.

un_known
2010-08-17, 01:32 PM
The Apparatus

It burned, you were being rushed along through pitch darkness; strange things swishing and swashing around you. You suddenly are dragged upwards and for a brief moment the blackness fades away to a dull kind of grayish light. You can feel the liquid pulling you along, the liquid that somehow burns but does not harm you. Could it be that this is what you were made of? You sluggishly travel forwards only to be suddenly dragged down into a whirlpool of the liquid. You’re deposited inside a large glass container with 4 different exits, not counting the one you came through. Somehow you are suspended from falling or being dragged into one of the exits, down, left, right, diagonally off to the right, or up which is the one you just fell through.

It is your choice where you will go, if only you could tell where you were.

The Table

The bug skittered across the table, its feelers tingling the air around it and releasing some kind of pheromone. It seems that this is the same kind of pheromone you use or well similar, it says ‘Food’. The bug skitters towards Ssputtle, its great mandibles ready to strike. But another pheromone mixes with the air, ‘Return Danger’. Return where? Danger Where? But before you could think of asking the bug begins to skitter away, you could catch it if you tried.

You can feel the bug has almost gotten out of your range, running towards wherever it be traveling until suddenly it is gone. The air and table rocketed by the beats of two great wings. The owl has taken another meal. The owl lands on its perch the bug in its claws, alive. You could save it maybe or you could find that compound, for surely that owl is the thing which took it away.

smuchmuch
2010-08-17, 01:37 PM
Mauve

"And sister(s)" Mauve corrects Purple. No it isn't quoting 'Life of Brian'; it somehow decided that it, well she now, was female for reasons probaly only her can understand.

After that she proceed to slide down a nearby glass thing with the prheromone equivalent of a Wheeeee !

TurtleKing
2010-08-17, 02:43 PM
"Dinner! I want my dinner! Come here birdie. The chef is in the kitchen." I race toward the owl and turn on my Halo of Fire (1d6) 3 fire to the bird and bug. "Hold on guys I'm cooking."

Croverus
2010-08-17, 03:28 PM
He looks around for something he can try pushing over to hit the owl. Maybe some candlesticks or stacks of papers that haven't caught fire yet. If not he judges the distance and tries to determine if he could propel himself across the gap.

Mangles
2010-08-17, 10:30 PM
"Down I think its down, the table is up so I should go down." Orange heads downwards trying to reach the bucket.

((Do we know if the part of the apparatus we are on is still on the table or is it off the table being suspended. Or are we clueless?))

un_known
2010-08-18, 01:19 PM
The Apparatus (Downwards)

All good things come to an end, and as some people might say they can come to a very sudden stop. Take for example a thief that gets caught, they really get a short drop and a sudden stop. I hope you get the meaning but then ooze wouldn’t understand that, or would it?

Propelling yourself downwards you are caught into what would appear like a whirlpool; you spin and spin traveling downwards until you are suddenly smashed into the bottom. The glass pressing against you, you feel like you are being torn apart, but then an undercurrent saves you. It rushes you along a tube, one that you can see out of. You’re under the table, definitely under the table, but from what can see the apparatus above the table was only a quarter of the whole thing. The rest of the Apparatus travels in many directions some seemingly impossible. One looks like it might even go into the ground; and you’re headed for it. Another seems to be going up though, if you could just get yourself to go up, you’d be able to save yourself from whatever darkness that other tube goes into.

Mangles
Roll 1d20 on your next post, end the post when you are about to enter the tube that either goes up or down. Dependant on the roll I will send you up or down. No modifiers for this roll and low or high numbers are necessarily good or bad. I’ve written up a table for what happens.

The Table

The owl sits with the bug in its claws; it isn’t doing anything to the bug except cause excruciating pain. Maybe it just likes being a sadistic evil owl, or maybe to it it’s just playing a game. The Owl sits about twelve feet away from the table, perched on a little stick coming out of the side of a bookcase. Jumping would be out of the option, but maybe pushing a stack of paper off the table would make a bridge to the ground. At least on the ground you could make your way towards the owl, or possibly just into the door that the Compound was taken.

The bug squeals as the owl constricts it even more, and a pheromone lingers through the room, Fear and its colour is black.

To push the stack of papers over all 3 of you will have to work together, and then one of you can roll a d20. By all 3 of you working together there will be no negative modifier so you will have a better chance. Discuss this in the OOC thread.

Morph Bark
2010-08-18, 04:56 PM
"And... sister?" Klarcent repeats. Okay? Must not be a superhero. Hello superheroine addition to the Five Man Band! Five... Ooze? I don't even know how many there are of us! WE MIGHT BE AN ARMY!

While that went on in his mind, Klarcent just went onwards after his brother, being sucked up with the liquid and stirred around. "Yowch!" When he was deposited in an area with four other routes out, he tried to make sense of his surroundings. Orange was going down? Up was where he came from? Then he'd go diagonally-and-to-the-right! Reaching for it, he moved into that tube and further onwards, hoping he could get out. It already seemed like a bad idea so far. Sigh, life.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-18, 05:48 PM
It recovered somewhat quickly after the initial rush through the tubes. "Seeing" where its fellows had gone, Cranberry headed left. As it drifted, it referred to its last fellow. "Mauve, go there." attempting to motion towards the last tube.

smuchmuch
2010-08-18, 09:27 PM
Mauve

Mauve was so absorbed in existentail questions, she just swam in the liquid was created from and yet did not melted back into it, that raised so many question about what made her different from the mass and the nature of the god , the master who created them, that she barely blurped the ooze equivalent of "Ask nicely first."

But due to a mix of curiosity and short atention spann, both her prying and philosophical questioning will soon go comme an end, and after a while she'll extend a cautious but curious pseudopod into the tube at the Right.

Mangles
2010-08-18, 10:46 PM
Orange heads onwards towards the fork weighing up his limited options. "Up lets go up, please go up."

[roll0]

if i go down and have time before i go underground i have another action id like to preform

un_known
2010-08-19, 06:23 PM
The Apparatus:

Down
Orange you surge forward and as you move towards the split something happens. In front of you a grate comes down sealing the liquid off from the other two compartments. A small creature is skittering around on the ground messing with a set of what would look like controls if you could see them. As it begins to press and say various things in some unintelligible language you see the tube going down begin to twist and point straight. Connecting with another tube that comes down you can see that now the question is up or straight for once this grate goes up you’ll only have one chance.

Left
Cranberry slides into the sluggishly moving left tube. The liquid here is thick and sticky like syrup, but you can feel as you move along the pull becoming faster and faster and faster like a rushing waterfall. You’re being pulled in so many direction now as this pipe twists and turns you cannot figure out where you are or what way you are going. Left or right up or down every way and which is what you have happening. Then it suddenly stops and you are falling, into the bucket.

Right
You tentatively move into the right pipe Mauve and as you sluggishly move along it you can feel something. The liquid is escaping in front of you. It is pouring downwards. Could it be the bucket or something else?

Diagonally to the Right
Klarcent swerved diagonally and to the right as the liquids jerked him into the tube. It was different then the normal ones thousands of tiny little feelers dotted the inside of it. They rubbed against him and wormed their way through him as if they were cleaning a solid object, but they simply pushed right through him. As he drifted forward the feelers became more vigorous and more voracious tearing at him and burrowing through him, only to meet no resistance. Then one of them hit the Intelligence Sphere. Pain arced through your quivering body as you suddenly propelled yourself forward even faster then before. Behind you the feelers are rushing forward and almost sealing the flow off.

But ahead of you comes a light, and what looks like the end of the tunnel!

Morph Bark
2010-08-19, 06:53 PM
If he had an actual voice and lungs, Klarcent the Purple would have screamed. It tickled! It hurt! It shocked his very core, quite literally so! In a way it was pleasant, but then it really was not, like sports session gone wrong. The light at the end of the tunnel was invigorating for a moment to Klarcent, but then he recalled something... or he tried to. Light at the end of a tunnel was bad, right? He couldn't remember. Oh well! ONWARDS!

And onwards he went.

un_known
2010-08-19, 07:15 PM
Apparatus: Klarcent

Oh yes. Onwards he did go, flying almost and then suddenly a drop. But this was different, there was no liquid, if he could look down he would see a bucket, but well if his trajectory was right. Lets just say he'd kick miss the bucket.

Like my shoddy attempt at Humor?

Mangles
2010-08-19, 08:52 PM
Not much choices now and they all appear bad. Instead of focusing on where he is going orange focuses on the energies building within himself. Willing the tubes to shatter and release him from this maze.

casting shatter on the tube I'm in. I'm guessing its unattended and if so doesn't get a will save.

Croverus
2010-08-19, 09:44 PM
Judges the gap between the table and where the owl sits. "I could probably make this gap. I'll get a running start, put all me effort into the jump. Should be able to clear it." He tries to guess the distance, just to figur eout difficulty.

Gonna determine how far the gap is in feet. DC for a horizontal jump is equal to distance, and at worst I'll take the penalty for STR

smuchmuch
2010-08-20, 09:16 AM
Mauve

No turning back. Mauve doesn't take a deep breath because she doesn't have lungs but she does brace herself for fall as she plunges downward.

un_known
2010-08-21, 12:16 AM
The Jump
Looking about you can see that the jump would be impossibly. At first it may have looked horizontal but now it seems that it is diagonally up about 10 feet. If you wanted to try it it would be hard but you might pull it off. Though as if sensing what you were thinking the bird takes off. It begins to fly towards the door the compound vanished into but as it passes near you it lets the bug go. The bug falls scuttling towards the ground if you were to jump you would be able to intercept the bug, which seems to be able to communicate to you with its pheromones. But all you tell coming from the bug as it calls is ‘pain’.

The Fall
Mauve plops out of the tube into the bucket. Beneath her flying almost as if they are not wanting to go into the bucket is Klaraent. Mauve could ahve said soemthing but then suddenly into the liquid Mauve went, with a plop.

The Shattering Tube
The tube begins to crack, the liquid squeezing out and then suddenly an explosive wave as the glass shatters. If you had ears you would have heard the explosion on the other side of the house, it seems that someone might hear it. The liquid begins to drain out but a sort of automated system brings down another lock on the tube behind where you had shattered it. The liquid wont all be lost. As you lay on the ground like a deflated jelly fish the stone floor around you begins to smoke, its melting…

If I was planning on being really hard core and sadistic without any humor this spell would have rather bad repercussions for the rest of the group in the apparatus. But since I’m really super hard core and love humor this is perfectly fine.

Croverus
2010-08-21, 12:50 AM
Without much more hesitation, the grey blob moves back to get a good start and rolls to thw edge, leaping off the table and aiming for the bug. If anything to try and 'communicate' with it.

[roll0]
Crap...

TurtleKing
2010-08-21, 02:05 AM
"NO! That chicken is getting away again. I will have you. " I follow that bird to where ever it goes. I fall off the table, and then procede after it. "When I am done with you chicken you will be on the main menu! I may even publish the recipe for the cookbooks so all may enjoy the taste of a cowardly owl. I may even get my own cooking show. So now come here, and be still so you may benefit the world!"

Mangles
2010-08-21, 03:15 AM
Its made of me right. It can't hurt me if it is the same surely. Orange looks around at the melting floor and tries to find the bug with the controls. "Him I kill." He heads towards it. watching the acidic goop, trying to avoid it if he can.

smuchmuch
2010-08-21, 07:31 PM
Mauve

Oh, Mauve did say something. In fact she even sung it.
"Oh, I'm falling
It's Very distressing
but I think right the way to go
Because our goal is below
(At least I hope I'm going into the bucket
and won't.. er .. be eaten by a golden marmoset)"

Sure the lyrics need works, but cut her somme slack, she's been only sentient for a few minutes after all. (beside, good luck finding a decent rhyme for bucket).

But nobody heard, od smelled as the case may be here, how sad. she would like to inform the others still in the apparatus, but how can she now that she's down there in the bucket ?
And yet something in her very nature, somme strange energyè coursing in her, tell there may be something she could do. Concentrating as best as she can, she try to emit pheromones as strong as she can while visulaising the great open space ion the center of the glass labyrinth. And as she wobbles witht the effort, the message is emited not around her, but up there.
"Uh guys, Right is the way out"
She'll doubt she'll be able to do it gain, it's pretty tirring, but with any luck the puff will be strong anough to be capted by one of the other.

Using spell level 0, Ventriloquism. Up tot he Dm to see if it applies to pheromone or not, and if anyone 'heard' it or not

un_known
2010-08-21, 10:48 PM
The Jump

Barreling off the table, wobbling the whole way, your wobble seems to get caught on a dip in the table. Smashing head… Intelligence core into the table you accidently begin to slid off. Can you save yourself?

The Hunger

As you hunger for the owl you begin to slide towards the door it had flown into, but then it closes. The door silently closes and from the looks of it there is no opening at the bottom. A large library shelf sits next to the door though and at the top there are some books

The Controls
Sliding towards the controls Dark Orange can feel that there is nothing there except the controls. It seems that this ‘phantom bug’ might have been an illusion of his miniscule tiny insignificant futile and punitive mind; a creation to lay the blame of choosing such a dangerous and terrible course of action. Why go down when you want to get out in a place that is down? You always choose a different direction!

The Echoing Pheromone

Echoing throughout the tubes comes vibrations to any who have not left them.

"Uh guys, Right is the way out"

And there you have it. The way out… is right.

Mangles
2010-08-23, 08:25 AM
Nothing, no one, paranoia perhaps. No there was someone, in the shadows, they will be watching. Must head to the bucket, must help my kin.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-23, 05:42 PM
It shook itself from its mild daze, it was in the bucket, was that a good thing? Cranberry slides upwards towards the lip of the bucket to see what it can "see."

smuchmuch
2010-08-23, 06:24 PM
Mauve

"♫ Out of the bucket I'm crawlin'
But here I've gotta pause
cause I have no idea where to go
,those chemical we're fetchin'
I have no idea where they are now
So I've got to be callin'
If there's anyone who knows ♫

and I have no idea why I just sung that"

Once on top of the bucket Mauve will wait a bit to see if another ooze crash into the bucket before going.

un_known
2010-08-24, 05:29 PM
In the Bucket
Mauve
Sliding around near the top of the bucket you can hear a burbling gurgle coming from within the Bucket behind you. The Cranberry ooze is slowly sinking, as if something is pulling him down deeper in the bucket.

Cranberry
Looking around you can see strange shapes floating in the bucket. Is it just you or does it seem the longer you stay in the bucket the more you keep shrinking... or is the bucket getting larger? Or are you falling? You can feel yourself going down but nothing seems to be touching you except the liquid-like ooze around you…

On your way to the Bucket

As you can probably feel. You see and hear nothing. Except maybe the bubbling of the stone floor being eated away by the acid. Lets hope it doesn't reach a support and cause the whole floor to cave in. You reach the Bucket without any problems...

Falling

Was it becoming a normal thing for an ooze to fall? To trip? How does someone like an ooze trip? Well those thoughts you would be hard pressed to have as you begin to fall; sliding downwards your oozing body attempting to grip the slick table. Why would someone who has ooze polish a table so that it was slick? Does it really make any sense?

Ssputtle flips off the table. The floor isn’t far away and from the fall it looks like he won’t be harmed. But he will be in pain, lots of pain.

smuchmuch
2010-08-25, 01:58 PM
Mauve

Oh no ! The evil goo from the underwold is taking cranberry to drain his fluids and turn him into stone !..
Well it's a good as explanation as any.
Mauve concentrate "It' a nasty surpise but nobody's to drown. You're not going down, it's time to" and points a pseudopod in the direction of Cranberry "Riiise♫

Using an other cantrip: Mage hand (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Mage_Hand). 5 pound telekinesis on Cranberry to help him tear himself from the goo.
(We're diminutive so he should be in the weight limit.)

Also changed Mauve color from pink to Plum because while pink is closer to Mauve as a color, it's also much harder to read.

Croverus
2010-08-25, 02:43 PM
The pain was bad, but Ssputtle was made to be tougher than his fellow oozes. He remained still as the pain subsided then stretched out his form in several shapes to make sure his core was not damaged. Satisfied he was uninjured he determined which direction to head next. Maybe towards the bucket where the others were, or to try locating the bird.

un_known
2010-08-28, 11:54 PM
Ssputtle

The time of decisions was at hand, to the bucket or the door your path could lead. For floating above in the sky beneath the great dome of rock was the scent of the bird; tracing itself towards the door. Yet the door was closed, and you wouldn’t fit through the lock. Well you would but your intelligence core wouldn’t. The bookshelf next to it seems to have some interesting books upon it; one looks like it might even be written in ooze. Some various objects of random worth lay upon it but at the top there seems to be a pipe going into the wall. At least that is the scent coming from up there.

When I say ‘Written in Ooze’ I quiet literally mean written with ooze as the ink….

A Magic Hand [Mauve & Cranberry]

The magic gripped Cranberry from all sides. Slowly raising him upwards out of the ooze till he sat atop the bucket with Mauve. Together they were oozing there with all the options in the world open to them. From their vantage point there was the door their master had left via, the door the bird had entered, another door and a set of stairs spiraling upwards. Possibilities are truly an endless thing.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-29, 09:00 PM
Wasting little time, The Cranberry Ooze drifted over the other side of the bucket, sliding down to the ground. It then begins to slide towards Ssputtle, questioning on arrival, "Where others?"

Croverus
2010-08-30, 11:48 AM
"Not sure. Bookcase, pipe at top. Maybe we go through?"

He waited for a moment to see if the others caught up, realizing it would be best if they moved as a group for a bit. Combining their talents would certainly improve their chances of getting where they were going.

Mangles
2010-08-31, 01:55 AM
"Down here, bellow you. I'm here. The floor over there is disapearing though. If you see a bug using some fancy controls he is mine to kill. I baggs him."

Orange circles the bucket, glad to be in the company of fellow oozes

Morph Bark
2010-08-31, 06:23 AM
Since I am back now, I'd like to ask as an aside where exactly Klarcent is relative to the position of the others.

smuchmuch
2010-09-02, 06:24 PM
((OOC: As far a I understand, if I followed well, evertone is on the floor, near the bucket, (except maybe Sputtle who is still n the table ?)))

Mauve

Mauve emmit that she has no idea where to go. But it doesn't matter as long as you go somewhere !
How helpfull.

Croverus
2010-09-02, 08:25 PM
((No, I crashed onto the floor already and crossed the room a bit to examine the bookshelf before I rolled back over to all of you.))

Mangles
2010-09-02, 09:08 PM
"Lets follow the bird. He took the master's thing."

un_known
2010-09-04, 11:07 PM
The Pursuit of the Bird

As it would seem the bird, itself, had vanished. The door to which it had entered is sealed tight and sat next to a book shelf. That bookshelf seems to have some interesting books upon it; one looks like it might even be written in ooze. Some various objects of random worth lay upon it but at the top there seems to be a pipe going into the wall. At least that is the scent coming from up there.

The aroma of the pipe was spectacular, tantalizing chemical scents and the trembling feeling of moist liquid ooze. It would be home sweet home; and it might even lead into the room that the door has you closed off from.

Mangles
2010-09-06, 04:37 PM
"I could shatter the door. I could, I could, I think. Or we can go through the pipe. It smells pretty up there."

Croverus
2010-09-06, 04:41 PM
"The smell is nice, agreed. But the door is destination. Pipe may lead somewhere not behind door."

Mangles
2010-09-06, 04:45 PM
"But will the master be made if we break his house. I already made a mess over there. I don't want to make the master mad."

smuchmuch
2010-09-07, 04:21 PM
Mauve doesn't take part in the discution becuase she has already started wandering though the pipe out of curiosity. She's not really far yet, though.

un_known
2010-09-08, 06:30 PM
The Pipe

Mauve enters the pipe and it feels like home. Thee slick circular walls perfect for sliding through seem to brighten your day just that little bit more. And ahead of you is light coming from an opening. Soon you arrive at a grate, to small for you to fit through that looks in over the room behind the door. From your vantage point you can’t see much but you can clearly see the bird. And right above the bird is a second grate, attached to what seems to be the same pipe, but that grate you could fit through…

smuchmuch
2010-09-09, 03:43 PM
Mauve slides back tot he entrance od the pipe to tell the other what she percived in it. if any of them know how to excrete excrete acid, that would be a good way to get rid of the grate blocking the way.

Mangles
2010-09-09, 04:42 PM
"Not acid but I think my magics would break it"

If no one objects orange will go and try to break the grate using shatter.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-09-09, 06:24 PM
((Sorry I haven't been posting much, college picked up, double english semester here... I'm still watching and posting when I see something that I can do))

Assuming Mauve relayed her findings, Cranberry will refer to the grates as blocks.

"Is block too strong? Could find other block, another way to go?"

Cranberry begins to slide along to get a view of the situation itself.

un_known
2010-09-12, 12:49 PM
As Cranberry look out into the room, he can see that the Mesh-like grate is very well secured. Possibly there is even a magical forcefield of some kind keeping the contents from spilling out.

But from this vantage point he can see the broken grate on the other side of the room, with a little bit of ooze dripping out of it, whatever is keeping the liquid here doesn't seem to work over there. Judging the distance they'd need to circle the room via all the various pipes till they found the right one.

As he turns away his eyes catch a glint of something bellow the Owl.

The vial with the compound.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-09-13, 01:50 PM
Cranberry "calls" out to the other oozes "Owl have... We go get.". It starts crawling further down the pipe, searching for the path to the grate.

((That is assuming there's only one way to go from this point, if there's more than one way to go besides the way I came in, Cranberry goes to the leftmost.))

TurtleKing
2010-09-14, 10:27 AM
"Owl? Owl! O' cowardly owl, o' cowardly owl, o' how do you taste like chicken. I'm coming my tasty chicken." I turn off my Halo of Fire and dash up the bookcase into the pipe. After I see owl in the room I go back taking the first right that will take me throughout the house looking for that broken grate.

Croverus
2010-09-14, 10:44 AM
Chooses a random pipe that hasn't already picked and travles through it, also searching for the broken exit.

smuchmuch
2010-09-14, 06:07 PM
with a shrug of her inexistant shoulders Mauve will just take yet another pipe in the quest to solve the great maze thjat may lead to the broken grate.
If there's no uneplored pipe left then she'll follow another ooze.

un_known
2010-09-14, 10:32 PM
The Single Only Pipe That Anyone Can Go Through!

As you all travel together as a group you come to a strange happening in the pipe. About twenty meters away a very large crack lets the light through from the bottom. One might wonder what is bellow within this light?

Mangles
2010-09-15, 06:01 AM
And one will go have a look. Orange moves as close to the edge as possible and try to "see" what is bellow.

"Danger brothers, danger, wait to see what I see."

smuchmuch
2010-09-15, 07:32 AM
Mauve

"Danger brothers."

"And sisters" corrects Mauve, proving that from the mighty dragon to the humble ooze, all bards instinctively know the value of a running gag.
"What's below ?"

un_known
2010-10-08, 09:33 PM
The light which shines up is not of unnatural origin as the great leaping flame which resides in the hearth. For here is the light of life itself illuminating the world from which it has been born; for this is a fungal abode. One might wonder what kinship an Ooze has to the mighty fungus which you may see in this garden of life. But this is not your goal, but perhaps this might have the same compound, or be where the compound was from. That is should the Owl no longer have it, or an accident take place…