PDA

View Full Version : Cleric help 3.5

Ryu_Bonkosi
2010-08-15, 11:00 PM
I was creating a cleric character and I have all the classes figured out, (Cloister cleric 3/Church Inquisitor 3/Divine Oracle 2/Radiant servant 2/Church Inquisitor 1/Radiant Servant 2/ Church Inquisitor 1/Radiant Servant 6, Domains: Sun, Oracle, Inquisitor, Knowledge Devotion, Strength Devotion, + 1 bonus Pelor domain) but after the 6th level feat I have no Idea what feat to take. I have Extra Tuning, DMM: Persistent Spell, and Skill Focus (Knowledge Religion). I don't need healing oriented feats, but my physical stats are lacking so melee probably would not be the best for this character. I was thinking casting oriented but I was unsure of what to take. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I have read the cleric guide at brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=420.0"]http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=420.0 but I thought it would also help asking here.

FMArthur
2010-08-15, 11:31 PM
Well, I'm afraid this is kind of boring, but I think your best option is probably to take Extra Turning over and over, forever. :smallredface:

KillianHawkeye
2010-08-16, 05:44 AM
Do you realize that in order to take DMM-Persist Spell, you first need both the Extend Spell and Persist Spell feats?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-08-16, 07:39 AM
From the Complete Divine Errata (http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20040125a):

Page 80: Divine Metamagic feat
The boldface text needs to be added to the Benefit
paragraph of the feat description:
When you take this feat, choose a metamagic feat that
you have. This feat applies only to that metamagic feat.
As a free action, you can take the energy from turning
or rebuking undead and use it to apply a metamagic feat
to divine spells that you know. . . .
Craft Rod is useful for creating your own Night Sticks at half price, especially if your DM doesn't make them readily available for purchase.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2010-08-16, 09:26 AM
Very enlightening, that is the first time I have seen that. And now that we have that out of the way I would like to return to the original question and not have ten other people say what Biffoniacus_Furiou has already said. (Sorry if that last sentence seemed a little mean it has just happened to much for my liking.)

Vangor
2010-08-16, 09:48 AM
I have Extra Tuning, DMM: Persistent Spell, and Skill Focus (Knowledge Religion). I don't need healing oriented feats, but my physical stats are lacking so melee probably would not be the best for this character. I was thinking casting oriented but I was unsure of what to take. Any help would be appreciated.

If you are using DMM Persist, keep pumping the amount of times you can Persist, as has been suggested. Domain Spontaneity feats can be nice, though I am not certain if any of your domains have spells not normally available to your list. And even if you are not generally healing, Touch of Healing from Complete Champion is a fantastic way to easily keep everyone up to half health without expending any resources.

Any information on what you want to do via casting?

Ryu_Bonkosi
2010-08-16, 05:23 PM
Any information on what you want to do via casting?

I am an offensive caster most of the time, but I buff if needed. The divination from the Oracle domain helps but it isn't used much, mainly durring a side-quest or two. Other than that all other fields are usually covered.