PDA

View Full Version : (GDU) The Global Defense Unit (we have a wikia!)

Maxios
2010-08-15, 11:24 PM
It's an elite sqaudron. People say it's just a conspiracy theory, just a myth.
It's a truth myth. It's called the Global Defense Unit. A chapter exists in near every country. To protect it, to serve it, to save it. They protect it from evils like the organization Fear, and Warrior, and those who would destroy, and those who would conquer.
They utilize many gadgets, and new weapons. Energy swords, laser guns, bubble shields. Hover Crafts, Jet Helicopters, Jet Bikes...
They have 1 duty: To Protect their country, and the planet, from those who would dare harm it...
And you've just been drafted
CHARACTER SHEET

Alias
Bio
Appearence
Gadgets

Player List
Maxios-Knight
Instinct-Gadget
TheAntagonist-Kyl

GADGET LIST
Thermal Vision Goggles
X-Ray Goggles
Laser Gun
Laser Rifle
Sniper Laser
Plasma Grenade
Bubble Shield (like in Halo 3)
Jet Pack
Jet Boots
Communicator (everyone has this)
Laser Watch
Grappling Hook
Energy Sword
Energy Dagger
Super Tazer
Radar
Lock Opener
Safe Cracker Device

BASE:
This thread takes place in their Underwater Base where every unit can go to. The base has an armory (the code to open it is 29871), it has a super computer, a lunchroom, dormitories, gadget room, invention room, war room, strategy room, office, and many, many hallways.

Instinct
2010-08-16, 08:35 PM
(First to join, yes!)
Alias: Gadget
Bio: A scientist, super-genius
Appearence: White Labcoat, Goggles, Red Gloves
Gadgets: Communicator, Radar, Laser Gun

Gadget walked around the base, on guard duty. He guarded the dormitories...it was always boring...

Maxios
2010-08-16, 09:03 PM
Alias: Knight
Bio: Sarcastic, brave, bold. He's a descendant of king arthur.
Appearence: Black Hair. Red Leather Jacket
Gadgets: energy sword, communicator, Bubble Shield

This should liven up Gadget's night...

An explosion in the lower west quarter. Water starts to flood in. 5, laser rifle armed, warrior members in elite power armor walk in. The hole in the wall was replaced by metal. Sirens flared. The exact same thing happened in 4 other places
Knight was working as a guard alongside gadget. He heard the explosions, and yelled
"C'mon Gadget! Sounds like trouble!" He unsheathed his energy sword, and ran off through the cloudy smoke filling the base.

The Antagonist
2010-08-18, 12:50 AM
(Second to join...? :smallredface:)

Alias: Kyynel (Kyl)
Bio: Somewhat lazy worker, from some unknown foreign land. Very secretive about his past.
Appearence: Shaggy brown hair, always in his face. Dresses in black.
Gadgets: Lock opener, laser gun, bubble shield.

Kyynel, who was standing guard in the upper west quarter, appears out of the smoke, startled by the explosion and still in an obvious state of half-dream. He runs in to Gadget and Knight. "Where is all this smoke coming from?!" he near-screams; frightened, obviously, though firmly grasping his lazer gun, hands steady as ever.

Maxios
2010-08-18, 05:54 PM
"I have no clue!" Maxios yelled. "C'mon! It's comeing from other here!" Maxios yelled.
Maxios ran down the metal hallway, holding his sword. All of the sudden, he saw a figure in power armor approaching him..., laser in hand.

Instinct
2010-08-18, 06:04 PM
Gadget ran behind Maxios. He stopped when he saw the figure, a warrior agent garbed in their elite power armor.
Gadget took a step back, and when the figures trained their lasers on them, he said "Hey, let's not be too hasty, right?"
He inched his hand towards his laser gun, set on stun...

The Antagonist
2010-08-18, 06:06 PM
Kyynel stays behind them all, silenced. The figure looks familiar - another guard, masked by smoke, unable to be seen? "Don't do anything stupid," he says, "how do we even know if this guy's not one of us?"

Instinct
2010-08-18, 06:08 PM
The figure took a step forward, showing it's armor and laser rifle.
"Simple. This figure has the warrior logo- a sword in a shield, see?" Gadget said pointing at the logo.
His hand was now on his stun laser gun...

The Antagonist
2010-08-18, 06:09 PM
Embarrassed, Kyynel takes a few steps back. "...Right." He points his gun, waiting for a command to fire - he hates being first in line for anything...

Then, the figure speaks...

Maxios
2010-08-18, 06:10 PM
Maxios asked the figure
"Why are you here, Warrior?" Maxios asked.
"I do what Seargent Elite says." The figure said. He fired a laser at Maxios. It missed, and Maxios charged the Warrior Member.

The Antagonist
2010-08-18, 06:12 PM
Stunned for a few seconds by the rapid fire, Kynnel attempts to shoot at the Warrior. He misses. The smoke is obscurring his vision too much - it's too hard to see who's who. "Gadget, help me out here!"

Instinct
2010-08-18, 06:19 PM
"Got it Kyl!" Gadget yells, and grabs the other guards and drags him into a clear area. Afterwards, he runs back into the smoke to help his ally, Knight.

Maxios
2010-08-18, 06:22 PM
Knight swung his sword repatedly at the Warrior, hitting him 3 times. The guard fired a laser, and grazed Knight's arm. He dropped his sword, and grabbed the wound.
Knight kicked his foot out, and kicked the figure onto the ground. His helmet came off. Knight grinned, then set the sword to KO, where instead of killing, it knocks out. Knight swung it at the Warrior, knocking him out.
"It's all clear!" Knight yelled.
The warrior launched one last laser, and it hit Maxios' arm. Maxios fell to the ground, clutching his arm.

The Antagonist
2010-08-18, 06:24 PM
Kyynel runs to help Maxios. "You alright? Hello?"

Maxios
2010-08-18, 06:31 PM
"Fine and dandy except for the fact I was shot by a freakin' laser. Gadget, use your communicator and tell command our situation." Knight said.

The Antagonist
2010-08-18, 06:34 PM
Kyynel rolls his eyes. "Maybe we should make sure there aren't others first..." He looks down the hallway. The smoke has cleared a bit. "Looks empty, but we should make sure. Gadget, call for some backup. Tell them what's happened."

Instinct
2010-08-18, 06:34 PM
"Got it Knight." Gadget pulled out the communicator and rung up command.
"Gadget talking, Unit USA. We got a situation in underwater base. Warrior Member infiltration with laser rifles and eliete power armor. Exploisions everywhere, 1 man down from a laser in the arm. Send a medic and an elite squad with combat training."
The command agreed, and said they would arrive in 15 minutes. Gadget hung up the communicator, and told Knight the situation.

The Antagonist
2010-08-18, 06:36 PM
Kyl sighs. "Well, that's that. We should make sure there weren't others that were hurt in the explosion, however."

Maxios
2010-08-18, 06:37 PM
"Good. Kyl, grab that laser rifle and stand guard. Gadget, keep your laser gun out at all times. As Commander Knight of Unit USA, I am higher in posistion and can give orders." Knight said. He winced, and held on to his arm.
"When command arrives, then we can look for others." Knight said.

The Antagonist
2010-08-18, 07:31 PM
"Righty-o." Kyynel draws his weapon, walks to the end of the tunnel, glancing over his shoulder to make sure the others are still in eyesight. The smoke is cleared. Everything's empty. A good sign, he supposes, at first; but then he thinks about it... "Wait, where is everyone? Aren't there usually people just mulling about?"

Maxios
2010-08-19, 02:24 PM
"Yeah. This isn't good. That means the others are either still sleeping, or are captured or are running in another area." Knight said. He winced again. 5 more minutes until the elites arrive...
"This isn't normal. Warrior doesn't know the location of our base. Someone told them" Knight said.
"There must be a traitor." Knight whispered.

The Antagonist
2010-08-19, 02:28 PM
Kyynel looks over his shoulder. "What? How could that happen; they background check people to death here. How could anybody get past the system?" His eyes dart between everyone in the room. He's obviously now suspicious of everyone, and he knows they're thinking the same thing.

Maxios
2010-08-19, 02:32 PM
"Simple really. They get in good, probably a member for a couple years. They get bribed by Warrior to let them in-probably for a lot of money or something." Maxios said. 15 members of the GDU ran in behind them.
"Elite sqaud reporting, Commander Knight." one of them said.
"Yes! Alright, bring the medic over here. I got shot by a laser in the arm and now it's numb. Fully numb." Maxios said.
A medic came over and began to heal him.
One member asked what happened, and Maxios said "Kyl, you report what happened."

The Antagonist
2010-08-19, 02:41 PM
Kyynel shakes his head. "I don't... I don't really know." He stutters a bit. "I'm ashamed to say I was asleep... There was an explosion in the lower west quarter. I ran down as quickly as possible. Found these guys" - he gestures to Knight and Gadget - "facing down some figure. Couldn't really see him - it was too smokey." He pauses. "It was a warrior. No clue how he got in here. They finally took him down," - he points to the end of the hall - "there. Scuffle got Knight shot..."

Kyl shakes his head again. "Have there been any recent flaws in security? Something that could allow a warrior through? I'm still trying to piece together how this couldpossibly happen..." He's obviously trying to ignore the fact that most likely there is a traitor among them.

Maxios
2010-08-19, 02:44 PM
One of the elietes said:
"There was 15 explosions across the base. 5 members of warrior entered each hole. The walls were then quickly fixed, but that explains why the floor's wet."
"WHAT!" Maxios yelled. "THERE'S 75 FREAKIN' WARRIOR MEMBERS IN ELITE POWER ARMOR WITH LASERS RIFLES IN OUR BASE!"

The Antagonist
2010-08-19, 02:47 PM
Kyynel is almost too shocked for words. "When did this happen? It couldn't have all been in the few minutes between now and the explosion we heard... How could this happen? Where were our shields? It shouldn't be this easy for that many warriors to just suddenly blow a hole in our base and infiltrate it. Someone must have been helping them. Someone who knows how to work with the defense mechanisms of our base."

Maxios
2010-08-19, 02:50 PM
"Only those in command know how shut off the defense." Knight said.
"Then that means there's a spy and traitor in command who knows all our plans!" one of the members said.

The Antagonist
2010-08-19, 03:04 PM
"Well, looks like nowhere is safe," Kyynel says.

And, right on cue, another explosion sounds from the upper west quarter - far too close for comfort. "Oh, not again," Kyl mumbles, again pulling out his weapon. "Gadget, come with me," he says. Other members of the elite begin to go towards the rising plumes of smoke as well.

"Knight..." he pauses before continuing. "You fight when you can. Let your arm heal." He turns and runs.

Maxios
2010-08-19, 03:06 PM
"Got it." He turned his head at Gadget and motioned at him to go.

"Well I guess I'm alone." he muttered.

Instinct
2010-08-19, 03:07 PM
Gadget followed the elites and Kyl, to a group of 5 warrior members. There was a hole in the glass wall. Water flooded in, until the auto-repair system took hold and fixed the window. Gadget drew a laser, and fired 5 times at the warriors. 1 hit, and since it was set to stun, the member fell to the ground uncouncis.

Maxios
2010-08-19, 03:20 PM
"Sounds like an awesome fight I'm missing out on." Knight moaned. Then the medic finished tending his wound and she rushed off to fight in battle.
Knight got up, grabbed his energy sword, then ran headfirst into the battle.

The Antagonist
2010-08-19, 04:25 PM
Kyynel, glad to see Knight finally joining in, is more confident now. Taking the idea from Gadget, he stuns two more of the warriors before the elites take down the rest. Subdued now, the warriors are muttering in a strange tongue, but nobody is paying any mind to them. Kyl only wishes he knew what they were saying. "Any of you know what he's saying...?" he whispers to Gadget and Knight. "Might be important, despite what the elites think..."

Maxios
2010-08-19, 05:25 PM
"Ancient Aztec civilization. Not a person alive speaks it, or at least scholars think. I understand a few words of it. They say that 'They were what but a humble distraction while the master plank takes place, that all of this is a distraction.'" Knight said.
"Which means that the invaders are to distract while something big takes place. Something disastrous for us."

The elites looked shocked and worried. The Warrior bowed their heads in disgrace for not realizing their enemy spoke their secret language.

Maxios
2010-08-19, 05:51 PM
Update: I have just created a wikia for the GDU. (gduitp.wikispaces.com)

Maxios
2010-08-22, 07:52 PM
"The armory! We have all our secret plans, blue prints, and strategies there! If Warrior get's there hands on it..." Knight shivered at the thought.
"Only GDU members know the code, but the traitor probably told them. While we fight, they run off with the plans!" Knight said.
He started to run down the hallway towards the armory.

Instinct
2010-08-25, 03:26 PM
Gadget ran behind Knight.

happyturtle
2010-08-25, 03:46 PM
When creating new roleplay universes, please go here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135689) and fill out the universe profile form listed in the first post, and choose an abbreviated tag for your thread titles.

Please edit the first post of your threads to include [Tag] in brackets at the start of the title, as it helps keep the subforum more organized.

This is not an approval process in any way, simply a way for us to keep the subforum organized and make it easier to match up players with the roleplay universes that interest them. :smallsmile:

Maxios
2010-08-30, 06:24 PM
Knight reached the vault door to the armory. The door was shut. He sighed a sigh of relief, and sat down near the vault door rubbing his forehead.
"Alright, they haven't reached the vault yet. Just in case, we'll check it out." Knight gets up, and touches the part where he puts in the code to open the door.

The vault door swung open by itself. Knight motioned for the others to walk in. The elites stood guard, making sure no intruders or Warrior members walked in. Only Kyl and Gadget, and Commander Knight of Unit USA.

Instinct
2010-08-31, 01:37 PM
Gadget walked into the armory. It had solid steel walls, that were indestructible. There were weapons, and gadgets everywhere. This was his paradise, a place of ideas and gadgets. He ran over to the computer, and started to check to see if any were downloaded to a disk today.

Maxios
2010-08-31, 02:46 PM
(OOC: Hey guys, you can get 1 gadget here of your choice from the gadget list
Knight curiously looked at an updated version of an energy sword, one that looked near identical to the ones in Halo. Knight dropped his old sword, and grabbed the new, updated one. Knight saw a enery sword to hold, like the knights of yore. Knight picked it up. It could be useful.

The Antagonist
2010-08-31, 06:35 PM
Kyynel runs in breathless... "I'm... sorry, guys..." He pants. "There was..." he gestures to the doorway he come from. Nobody is paying attention to him anyway. "Whatever. What do we have here? What is this place?"

Maxios
2010-08-31, 06:40 PM
Armory. We're making sure that no one stole any plans or important info." Knight said.

The Antagonist
2010-08-31, 06:59 PM
"Right, right..." Kyl is obviously flustered. He runs to a computer that's crammed in the corner, opens a folder, into the inventory. "Doesn't look like anything's really amiss," he says...

"Wait. Hold up." He scrolls down the screen, mumbling a few commands. FILE EMPTY, the computer reads. "Check behind that wall," - Kyl points to the far corner of the room - "is there anything there? The database says nothing is supposed to be there, but it seems... odd... to me... One random section that's empty? It looks like the inventory information has been cleared..."

Maxios
2010-09-01, 01:02 PM
"That file on the computer, uh is supposed to have the plans for a super nuke." Knight said panicking. "And over in the corner is a working protoptype of the super nuke."

Instinct
2010-09-02, 04:54 PM
"What?" Gadget said panicking. "I helped DESIGN those plans and that bomb. Should Warrior get it...to put in layman's terms...we are screwed. If they detonate one in this base, it would destroy the whole thing. Oh my...they're going to detonate it in this base to cripple the GDU!"

Maxios
2010-09-02, 05:42 PM
"SEAL EVERY EXIT!" Knight yelled angrily to the elites. They rushed over to seal every possible escape. Knight rubbed his forehead.
"This isn't good. The traitor has basically set forth a horrible destruction by letting them get this bomb. If I find 'im, I'll personally kick their butt."

The Antagonist
2010-09-02, 06:03 PM
"Gadget, you designed it? Did you have a backup of the design somewhere? Maybe we could find a flaw of some sort that we can use against whoever stole the proof... if we can find them..."

Instinct
2010-09-02, 06:14 PM
"Yeah I have a back up. It's in the Supreme Commander's office in this HQ." Gadget said.

Maxios
2010-09-02, 06:16 PM
"Then we must waste no time. The commander was here this week to see if we run this base efficent. Oh man! Warrior might have captured him already!" Knight said, already running out the door. The elite's were off going to seal the exits.

Maxios
2010-09-12, 12:45 AM
As Knight ran out the door, he noticed one of the elite's from before running towards him, injured.
"WE WERE ATTACKED, THE OTHER ELITES ARE ALL CAPTURED!" the elite yelled frantically.

The Antagonist
2010-09-12, 12:47 AM
"What?!" Kyl stumbles over his own feet trying to run to the elite. "It's not even been thirty minutes! How could you let this happen so quickly? What kind of force are we dealing with here?!"

Maxios
2010-09-12, 01:50 PM
"Dozens of them. Faceless. Their armor covered their face. They snuck up behind us, and another group in front of us. We didn't have a chance. They captured the rest, but I escaped." the elite said panicking. "We did however seal all exits and enterances."
"WHAT! The Warrior's have never exhibited that kind of planning before!" Knight said angry.
"They weren't Warrior members." The elite said solemnly.

The Antagonist
2010-09-12, 07:56 PM
"Are you implying that this is a sort of new breed of warriors? Stronger than what we normally are up against?" He glares at the elite when he doesn't get an immediate response. "You're saying that this is some new enemy... This is something we've never seen or dealt with..."

Maxios
2010-09-12, 09:21 PM
"Yes. Yes. 8 foot tall, really muscualr, looks like they could lift 25 tons like you lift a pen." the elite said.

Instinct
2010-09-12, 10:27 PM
"WHAT! That sounds like bio-engerring! Warrior's far to moronic to be able to edit the human structure so easily!" Gadget said.

The Antagonist
2010-09-13, 09:22 PM
"So this thing we're up against isn't even human? How are we supposed to know how to destroy it?"

Maxios
2010-09-13, 09:28 PM
"I, I don't know. They're down that corridor, in front of the cafeteria. They appear to be human. It's like something edited their bio-structure." the elite said.
"I've seen some freaky stuff, but this is by far the freakiest." Knight said.

Maxios
2010-09-15, 09:30 PM
"One last thing in case you leave to free the others, these things are nearly unbeatable. I don't know how you could destroy them." The elite said. Knight nodded, and took out his energy sword.
"I think I can beat them some how." he muttered to himself quietly.

The Antagonist
2010-09-16, 11:02 PM
"Perhaps they're just a sort of 'upgraded' human? Mutated, even? If we could find out what makes them what they are we could have a better chance at figuring out how to destroy them... But how do we get that chance?"

Maxios
2010-09-16, 11:03 PM
"I-don't know." the elite said.

Maxios
2010-09-22, 05:46 PM
"If these things ARE just mutated abominations, then there has to be a way to take them down. There is ALWAYs a way." Knight said, holding his energy sword in the air.

Maxios
2010-10-10, 11:08 PM
"I hope you are right." the elite says solemnly.

Instinct
2010-10-11, 06:08 PM
"Knight's right. No matter how mighty something is, it can be destroyed." Gadget says.

Zigg
2010-10-14, 01:38 PM
Alias: Noble
Bio:
Appearance: Tall, with pale skin and dark, spiky hair. Blue eyes with a slight hint of green in them.
Gadgets: Laser Rifle, Plasma Grenade, Jet Boots, Energy Sword, Communicator

Maxios
2010-10-14, 04:07 PM
Hey! We got a new player!

Welcome Zigg to the Global Defense Unit :smallbiggrin:

TheMagicalCake
2010-10-23, 07:15 PM
Alias: Raku
Bio: later
Appearance: Black hair red armor blue eyes Some pendant around his neck
Gadgets Energy Sword Energy Dagger Super Tazer Jet Pack Plasma Grenade

He also has a normal sword with something speacial about it to be found out later

Maxios
2010-10-24, 11:32 AM
:smallbiggrin:Welcome TheMagicalCake to the Global Defense Unit

Maxios
2010-11-16, 05:46 PM
There's a crashing sound, and a beast of a man comes from a corner. The elite yelps, this is one of the monster's he was talking about.
The beast-man yells, and charges the group.