PDA

View Full Version : Prison Break: Fantasy [Tome] Style.

Aran Banks
2010-08-16, 02:25 AM
"Ah, you're moving. I see weren't killed back there."

Your vision is blurry, and you taste blood. You can smell the putrid stench of rotting flesh and you hear low moanings in the background.
You are chained to a wall by your hands, facing a man in green robes. As your vision begins to clear, you see that he's bald and bears the features of an elf. What's going on? Why are you here?

"Your late-night intrusion was very poorly planned. Tell me, what were you and your friends thinking, jumping into the middle of the barracks?"

Suddenly it rushes back to you. Memories of entering, unexpectedly, in a room full of guards. You were so surprised that you didnt have time to escape. or even take out more than a few people. You were beaten and then dragged down... here. Wherever that is.

"Speak to me. What were you planning?"

You try to speak, but your thoughts are still too cloudy. The best you manage to do is choke up a little blood.

"Understandable, you're still recovering. Well, I can't promise you'll ever get back to peak condition. I told some of the guards that they could do what they wanted with you. They've arranged a cage match. You and those who dropped in with you will be forced to fight to the death in a few hours. If you were thinking about killing yourself at any point, I'd recommend doing it immediately after the guards take off your chains." The elf walks away.

Now you are alone in the room, all your senses heightened and your mind racing. How will you escape?

You guys:

Fazan, Etherborn Elemental Siphon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=230385)
Sil Malekith, Plantouched (Human) Shadow Warrior (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=229755)
Totarika, Hobgoblin Samurai (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=231599)

a) Everybody pick colors. First come; first serve. Pick something I can see well.
b) Each of you comes from a distinct background, though all of you are windswept travelers of a sort. Now that you are in the game, give yourself 1 thing that's important to you that is on your person, or 1 that is not. Either way, expect it to be stolen later (announce this in the OOC thread).
c) Tell me, past or present tense? How shall we tell this story? I'll be in present tense for now, since that's how I did the intro. Give your opinions here.

An hour or so after the elf leaves, you are dragged to your feet. Unlike the elf insinuates, the guards do not give you the chance to kill yourself in any way. You feel a needle in your arm which causes your senses to dull further (hint: It's a cutscene. You're not allowed to interact). Then you are blindfolded, your hands are tied behind your back, your mouth is gagged, and you are made to walk for what feels like hours while two guards (one in front and one in back) talk to each other in a guttural language. After a while, you are joined by two other processions of guards.

-----------------------------------
Fazan, despite your dulled senses, you can feel the presences of many people. There are actually two guards in front of you, and one behind, and many guards are to the left and right. In a regular pattern, the earth trembles as though large numbers of hammers were striking anvils out of synch. You easily sense 30-40 different figures as you walk through.

Sil, your sensitivity to the plane of shadow (shall we call it shadow sense?) is heightened here. You can feel the strong connection this place has with the shadow plane. For game purposes, your Shadow Step ability increses from a +10 ft speed to a +20 ft speed.

Totarika, you know the language the guards are speaking--Goblin, and by their slightly gravelly voices, you know some of them are hobgoblins--at least, the guards leading and following you are. Other voices sound human and a few voices sounds like bugbears. But there are also voices that you can't make out, and you're pretty sure that there are more than just humans around.
--------------------------------

Finally, you are stopped.

Fazan, your hands are no longer restrained and your mouth is ungagged (you are still blindfolded).

Sil, your blindfold and gag are removed, and you think you can probably cut through the bindings with a little effort.

Totarika, you are unbound, ungagged, and your blindfold is taken off. However, you watch a guard throw your ancestral sword on the ground in front of the blindfolded one.

The three of you stand in facing each other in a triangle. Around you sit 10, maybe 15 guards--all humanoid, but the darkness and the armor they're wearing (many of them wear helmets now) disguise their actual features. As you come to your senses and the drug wears off, a guard steps forward and speaks in broken common (Totarika recognizes him as a hobgoblin, and Fazan guesses his goblinish nature due to being an intellectual badass):

"You all prisoners. You three fight each other now. Last one alive gets to go to another fight, maybe even win freedom." He finishes this sentence with a toothy grin. Totarika and Sil, you see his mouth is filled with yellowed and ruined teeth.

Begin.

ex cathedra
2010-08-16, 05:09 AM
As Sil's mind clears, he quickly begins to realize how poor his situation is. He surreptitiously glances about, though his hazed mind unknowingly makes his actions much less subtle than Sil might like. To his dismay, there are many more guards than he had hoped, and this leads him to the fairly obvious option of killing his fellow prisoners.

Of course, as far as he knew, none of the other prisoners deserved to be attacked any more than Sil did; well, to be fair, Sil probably deserved something of it, but that was irrelevant to the current situation. Additionally, one could probably say the same about most of the people here. More importantly, his fellow prisoners hadn't blindfolded Sil and subjected him to a fight to the death, and so he was feeling very little animosity towards them. He couldn't say the same for his captors, however. Quietly, he prepares to cut through his bonds, in case one of the others makes the fairly reasonable decision that involves attacking Sil. Hopefully, it won't come to that, but Sil knows better than to rely solely on hope.

Sil finds the similarities between this area and areas connected to the plane of shadow to be somewhat unsettling, but, under the current circumstances, he chooses to focus on the task at hand (namely, his own survival) in lieu of immediately investigating the area's uncanny familiarity.

Malakar
2010-08-16, 08:55 AM
Fazan reaches over, picks up the sword at his feat, then wreathes himself in air to protect himself, and causes the Earth to rear up, toss and envelop the legs of the Hobgoblin prisoner.

Then his left hand reaches out and grabs something from someplace no one else can see, and he holds a wand in his hand.

Move action pick up sword, Free action spend Air token for +3 insight to AC. Standard action powered minor Earth channel on Totarika. Free action grab wand (Sleet Storm).

Init [roll0]
Bullrush DC 14 [roll1]
Trip DC 17 [roll2]

Result: Totarika is entangled for two rounds, tripped, and thrown back 20ft into the guards I presume.

Aran Banks
2010-08-16, 12:32 PM
Fazan
You are not yet level 6. You can only do one of: Trip, bullrush, entangle. Take your pick.

In other news... the guards totally flip **** as you do a bunch of awesome things at once... while blindfolded. Depending on what you choose from above, the guards might recoil as the hobgoblin's body goes flying into them... or make impressed noises as he falls to the ground/get nom'd by the earth.

Sil
As you look around, you see two doorways, each leading to pretty long hallways (40'). Two guards stand in front of each doorway. The closest guard to you is about 10 feet away, and all the guards ring you guys, swords out... you could probably take down a few, but clearing the room would require cooperation from the whole group, and maybe a little luck.

Also, Malakar is starting to fight. Roll 'nitiative.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-16, 01:22 PM
Initiative: [roll0] FYI, my ancestral weapon is a hobgoblin spiked chain.

Totarika is furious, and no longer is taking any pains to disguise it. As he lunges forward and retrieves his spiked chain from the ground, he bellows in fury at the guards. Honorless dogs, this weapon was blessed by the Khan himself! Then, switching to common, "I AM A PEACEFUL HOLY MAN! He swings one end of the chain in readiness.

Five foot step towards Fazan.
Move action: pick up the chain
Free action: Yell stuff

Malakar
2010-08-16, 02:03 PM
DM OOC stuff 1) How do you want to do Init here, did I create a surprise round, or is Tok acting before me, and then my actions following his? Obviously if he acts first, I will not pick up his sword. But I will still bullrush-entangle-trip him. Also I realize now that I should add +3 to those two checks, so he can be bullrushed 25ft into the guards. Also, if he has his spiked chain, I will move about 10-15ft after him when bullrushing.

2) For entirely flavor reasons, assume that any time I do stuff, I gesture meaningfully and awesomely in the direction of what I'm doing, because that looks cooler, unless I say otherwise.

3) You'll have to take my word for it because TGD is down, but the Powered channeling ability says something to the effect of "spend a token to channel as a character 3 levels higher than yourself including additional abilities such as the nausea a minor water channel causes at CL 6."

Basically at level 3, when casters get 2nd level spells, I get minor channels that can be power channeled to create the level 6 effects.

EDIT: Apparently I fixed it, or something: actual wording of power channel:

"An Elemental Siphon may expend a token from their pool to power up an attack. As a free action concurrent with using a channel ability, the Siphon spends a token of the element being channeled and the channel is treated as being channeled by a Siphon three CLs higher than the Siphon's current level. This affects save DCs, scaling damage, and aspects of the channel that are granted at higher CLs, such as minor channeling water's ability to Nauseate. "

ex cathedra
2010-08-16, 06:22 PM
Sil sighs as violence breaks out. He stands, and the room darkens. Those standing behind Sil may see shadows suddenly materializing about his hands, as he attempts to sunder the bonds holding them.

Initiative:
[roll0]

At his place in the initiative order, assuming that he isn't interacted with first, free action: shape claws, free action: invoke shadow shroud, dimming the room, ? swift action: attempt to break bonds. If that is a standard action, proceed to attempt to intimidate the room. If it is a move action, cast Darkness on myself, dimming the room to shadowy illumination (that ignores darkvision. christing god, what I wouldn't give for a ring of the darkhidden right now). If breaking my bonds is a swift action or less, do both. I'll update this post with my actions once I discern which.
Intimidate check: DC [roll1]. The opposed roll is d20+HD+Wis.

Aran Banks
2010-08-17, 02:12 AM
Malakar OOC responses:

1) Yup, changing that bit up. He gets the sword spiked chain (woops), and then you knock him back 25 feet. So he doesn't hit a wall. Sorry. :smallbiggrin:

2) Totally assumed. No worries.

3) I missed the "powered" bit in there. Next time, for my sake, tell me you burn a token. That'll make it obvious. Also, you now have 3 tokens left. I need to know what elements they are, and what your original token setup is from here on out. Tell me each time you change it (and tell me when you're 3 full rounds to meditate).

@Jess: Oh, ya. Spiked chain. Woops--replace the word "sword" with "spiked chain" in my previous posts, guys!

annnnnd here we go:

Combat Round 1:

Totarika runs up and grabs his spiked chain, screaming "I AM A PEACEFUL HOLY MAN!!!" and waving the spiked chain at the guards in a threat display. (I'm ruling Fazan doesn't get the AoO, simply for theatrical effect.)

As he does this, Sil spins around and releases a feral growl, which comes just before veins of shadow run down his arms to form claws that begin to saw away at his bonds. With a swift action, he breaks them and holds his arms out to shroud the room in utter darkness. Some of the guards piss themselves, but most back up in abject fear--Totarika and Fazan, roll d20+HD+Wis to beat DC 19 or be intimidated (whatever that does... I'll look it up if one of you fails). Also, it's totally dark.

However, Fazan doesn't give a damn (and doesn't actually even know--he's still blindfolded) as he shoves Totarika backwards to make him lie prone on the ground, as well as forcing the ground to twist itself around the hobgoblins body. He lands on a couple guards and takes [roll0] damage.

Stunned silence. Surprise round ends and guards roll initiative.

[roll1]

aaaaand the guards will go at the end of the next round, after Fazan. Everybody:

a) Make corrections to the first round, and

b) Tell me what you're doing in Round 2.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-17, 04:55 AM
Intimidate check:
Reflex save for Entangle effect: [roll1]

Totarika lands among the guards, and as he does so the earth begins to close over him. He struggles,
[roll]1d20+4

ex cathedra
2010-08-17, 07:36 AM
Sil quietly moves toward Fazan, dragging the black mass of shadow he conjured with him. Sil ends his movement adjacent to Fazan, and readies an action. Additionally, he whispers the following to Fazan: "I don't know who you are or why you're here, but we have no prior quarrel. I've no interest in fighting you, and I hope that you'll see things in a similar light. Does that seem fair?"

Hide & Move Silently (as part of movement):
[roll0] & [roll1]

Readied Action: Melee Attack against the next person to move into a square adjacent to me, unless it's the samurai and he clearly isn't going to attack me, or it's Fazan and he agrees to mutual-nonaggression.
Attack Results: (This should be DM-only until the round resolves, at the very least)

Attack: [roll2], opponent is possibly denied their dexterity if I have successfully hidden against them.
Damage: [roll3], and [roll4] vs Will, failure causing the afflicted to be slowed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/slow.htm) for 5 rounds.

Malakar
2010-08-17, 09:10 AM
My token set up is in my sheet under spells. Also, I have 4 tokens + my ethereal token because minor channels also create tokens of their opposite type.

Jess, there is no will save against the entangle.

[roll0]

Fazan steps back five feet and throws down a sleet storm over the gathering, attempting to get all three prisoners within the area of effect.

As a move action after that, Where no one can see him, he will take off the blindfold.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-17, 09:53 AM
That was a Reflex save. I seriously hope your elemental effects have saving throws as per the spells they resemble. Anyhoo...

Let me redo the Strength check I attempted in the last post, since it didn't work that time. [roll0]

Okay, I'm struggling in a fluffy manner, since I'm just prone and chafed.

Totarika struggles against the mounded earth that seems to shift and continue restraining him, but does not entirely escape. Free me, you blindfolded idiot! Honorable citizens should not battle for filthy gaolers' amusment! In his gutteral native tongue, he calls to the guards. Swine, I will tan your grandmothers' skins to make lampshades!

As he realizes the momentary futility of his struggle, at last he gains a veneer of 'humility'. It is all beings' desire to be free. Let us work together.

Malakar
2010-08-17, 09:59 AM
Sorry, typo, there is no reflex save either. Or Str check. You are just entangled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled) for two rounds and prone, you can still move, just at half speed.

And once again, my elemental attacks don't resemble spells at all. The Entangle spell is a 40ft AoE true root. My Earth channel is, when I spend a token, a bullrush/trip/entangle single target.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-17, 10:03 AM
Gotcha. Looking at the description of Entangle, it looked like I would be pinned completely. That's fine, I'll probably be a-whackin' on some guards anyway. Will struggle for form's sake then.

Dude, your class is broken as all hell. ;) Looks it's time for some spiked cheese chain madness!:smallcool:

Aran Banks
2010-08-17, 02:15 PM
Alright, it looks like Totarika (since you're going first) is going to stand up from prone, and you're shaken, but I really don't care--so you're fine there. After you stand up from prone (move action and the guards are too scared to attack you), you can make an attack against one of them. Being entangled, bullrushed, and tripped will not prevent you from poking a guy's eye out with your chain spikes.

Sil, I'm pretty sure you just dropped darkness for shadow illumination. Seeing as you're shrouded in darkness yourself, I'm giving your Hide/ check a +2. And tell me if you think Fazan using his wand (before the spell takes effect and after the spell takes effect) is an action that would provoke you to attack him with your readied action (assuming I read your readied action correctly).

Fazan, I'm assuming you're going to cast sleet storm, but it might be after you are slowed. In that case, either you're taking off the blindfold or you're using your wand. Tell me which one you'd prefer.

@Concerning the Elemental Siphon: Yeah, I'll be regulating the wands. Sleet storm is cool, but others might be a problem. No glitterdust wands for a while.

ex cathedra
2010-08-17, 02:21 PM
I believe that his five foot step prevents an attack of opportunity, even if I would have wanted to.

Malakar
2010-08-17, 02:21 PM
Note the part where I state that I am 5ft stepping away from him.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-17, 02:22 PM
Well, that was mainly just RP, since my intimidate score sucks and I am my character is pretty much just a jerk. My plan is just to unleash hellish chaintastic AoO on any of the guards who leave my threat zone. Or do anything else.

EDIT: I'm 20+ feet away from Fazan anyway, correct? After the bullrush?

Aran Banks
2010-08-17, 02:23 PM
Mmmmm I see that. No readied action for that, then.

EDIT: Well then, Jess, would you like to make an attack on any of the guards in your range?

JessGulbranson
2010-08-17, 02:28 PM
Almost as an afterthought, as if to underscore his request for cooperation, Totarika lashes out with his spiked chain at the nearest guard.

Attack:1d20+8
Damage if successful: [roll0]

JessGulbranson
2010-08-17, 02:30 PM
Sorry for the double post, bunged up the attack roll
[roll0]

Aran Banks
2010-08-17, 02:53 PM
Well, that makes the warrior's AC. Let me roll his HP privately....

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! He goes down like balsa wood hit by a steamroller! There are 3 people in your reach: 1 within 5 feet on your left and 2 within 10 feet, on either side.

Round 2
Totarika stands up, looking through the mistlike shadows that filled the room, surprised by the blindfolded one. But he doesn't let his surprise get to him. The hobgoblin stands up shouting insults at the guards left and right before deftly swinging his chain to smash into the head of one of the guards sitting down. With a sickening crunch, the spike of the chain stabs through the guard's nose and rips a large portion of his face off. He falls to the ground gurgling blood and writhing around.

Keeping an eye on the obscenity-spitting hobgoblin, Sil moves over the Fazan and says, "I don't know who you are or why you're here, but we have no prior quarrel. I've no interest in fighting you, and I hope that you'll see things in a similar light. Does that seem fair?"

In response, Fazan steps back so that he is directly in front of two guards and waves his wand, muttering a keyword. As he does this, his [ARTICLES OF CLOTHING] whip back as though by a vicious wind. A tall cylinder of whirling snow and sleet covers almost the entire room. Only the few guards behind Fazan are left untouched by the madness. Then, when no one able to see him, Fazan removes his blindfold.

-------------

The guards panic and run. The ones unaffected by the sleet storm find the nearest exit and move into the adjacent hallway, while those within the storm move for what they think is the closest exit. Chances are that not all of them will make it out by the end of the round... but that's just PC speculation (since you can't see the guards at all).

By RAW, I'm pretty sure Totarika gets an AoO with a 50% miss chance. So go ahead and roll that, Jess.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-17, 05:37 PM
As the guards begin fleeing past him, Totarika whirls the ends of his spiked chain around in a blurring lemniscate, lashing out four times.

First attack: [roll0]
Miss chance: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Second attack: [roll3]
Miss chance: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
Third attack: [roll6]
Miss chance: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
Fourth attack: [roll9]
Miss chance: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

I will leave interpretation of the results to you- Total Concealment has the 50% penalty, but prevents AoO. Regular concealment, which I believe this is, has a 20% penalty.

Aran Banks
2010-08-17, 06:40 PM
Well, it IS total concealment since no one can see anything worth crap. But I enjoy the prospect of you stabbing things, so I'm gonna let all the attacks go through.

Two of your attacks get through, one dealing 12 damage and the other dealing a critical hit (24 damage, we can say). You don't know if you killed the guards, but chances are high.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-18, 05:14 PM
Totarika begins chanting as he lurches slowly in the direction of his most recent carnage, chain spinning in readiness.

I'm assuming I'm still entangled and that everything is slippery, so I am moving slowly/carefully towards where I think the corpses are.

The chanting is in Goblin, and is only vaguely religious sounding, and filled with inappropriately vindictive imagery. I have no ranks in Knowledge: Religion.

ex cathedra
2010-08-18, 11:59 PM
Sil slowly moves towards the doorway furthest away from Totarika, shielding his eyes from the conjured sleet. He's not especially interested in being near that chain, after seeing what happened to the guards that weren't so careful.

Move at half speed towards the door. I can't fail the balance check forced by Sleet Storm. No further actions, unless I come into contact with someone else.

Malakar
2010-08-19, 12:25 AM
Fazan will expend a token to cast Control Earth, and Raise Earth a 20ft cube with him at the center. 6ft each round until he is touching the ceiling.

Aran Banks
2010-08-19, 11:56 AM
Alrighty. Totarika, give me a balance check (DC 10). Failure means you can't move and failure by 5 or more means you fall.

Sil, due to a 50 ft. speed, you get right to the doorway. That's your move action, got a standard?

Fazan... I have no idea what you're doing... but the ceiling is about 10' tall. You're there at the end of the round.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-19, 12:00 PM
Balance check: [roll0]
Yes! Critical balance!

ex cathedra
2010-08-19, 07:33 PM
Sil moves into the adjacent hallway, hoping to escape the storm. He'll move as far as he can unless he breaches the area of the Sleet Storm first. In that case, he'll stop and quickly examine his surroundings.

Aran Banks
2010-08-20, 11:19 AM
Alright, Totarika, you make it to the end of the hallway and spy one guard staring at you. His eyes are a mixture of fear and curiosity--either he couldn't move through shock, or he's interested in you.

You have a standard action left--what would you like to do?

Sil, the edge of the sleet storm is right where the hallway begins (picture below). As you exit the sleet storm, you find yourself face-to-face with 2 guards, who look absolutely petrified. They'd run away, but you still have a standard action left.

Here's a nifty map:
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff210/Dfriendz/currentsetting.png

JessGulbranson
2010-08-20, 03:26 PM
Suppressing his rage momentarily, Totarika lashes out at the guard's legs.
Trip attack: [roll0]

ex cathedra
2010-08-20, 10:16 PM
Grinning, Sil immediately swipes at the nearest guard, his actions still partially obscured by darkness.

Attack : [roll0]
Damage : [roll1]
Slow: [roll2] versus Will or be Slowed.

Aran Banks
2010-08-23, 12:31 AM
Jess, under normal conditions, you'd make a touch attack with a StrMod + BAB check v. a DC of (10 + StrMod + BAB or Balance ranks). In accordance with that, there are times when you might also get an AoO. So you should roll those three next time. However, I'm gonna say you trip him and he just falls.

Round 3

In the midst of the raging snowstorm, guards begin to flee left and right. Totarika, swinging his chain with malicious precision, lands two solid hits on (most likely) two different guards. Then he begins to tromp towards what he remembers to be an exit from the room. Luckily, the hob's memory is correct. When he makes it to the doorway, he finds a guard and--suppressing his rage momentarily--shoots his chain out to trip and leave the guard prone.

As this happens, Sil stalks across the room--his attunement to the shadow energies in the room help him to effortlessly make it through the storm and into a hallway leading out of the combat area. Upon stepping out, the shadow warrior's eyes lock on two guards who foolishly stayed near the room. Before either of them can react, Sil steps forward and slashes one of the guard's arms, leaving a gaping wound in his chest. He gasps and he goes down--alive, but barely.

Finally, Fazan begins to speak in an unrecognizable voice barely audible over the sound of the storm. As he does, unbenknownst to everyone else, the stone that he stands on (and much of that around him) begins to rise. He holds his hands over his head, and soon touches the ceiling. The guards, Sil, and Totarika, hear the earth groan and shift a little, but it doesn't cause any affect otherwise.

The guard on the ground in front of Totarika squeals as he goes down. He stands up (Totarika, make an AoO) and begins to run (If Totarika takes him out, the guy will just drop). The one remaining guard facing Sil takes a deep breath and steps in to attack.

[roll0]
Damage (If it hits): [roll1]

EDIT: Mmmm... nuthin'. Alright, go ahead and take your turns again (I really want to find out what the hell Fazan is up to).

Malakar
2010-08-23, 01:35 AM
What is the ceiling made of?

JessGulbranson
2010-08-23, 10:22 AM
AoO to hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

As the guard rises from the ground, Totarika instinctively whips him with the chain, dropping him back down to the ground in a bloody heap. Quickly following up, Totarika makes a brisk shuffle towards the body, leaving the unseasonable snowstorm, then begins to poke through the guard's clothes with the bladed end of his chain, looking for keys or pass chits. As he does so he stomps to remove the pills of ice and last clinging remnants of earth on his robes.

Making a five foot step towards the guard. I begin searching the guard. If he is alive, I will question him in Gobbo. Oh, and I assume the entangle is no longer in effect?

Aran Banks
2010-08-24, 03:59 PM
Jess, the guard is spitting blood and barely aware of you (negative HP). You won't get to question him unless you heal him.

He's got 3 cp on him, a crappy longsword, and dagger.

@Malakar: The ceiling is packed dirt, let's say. I really don't care. You planning on using control earth? Go ahead.

Malakar
2010-08-24, 04:22 PM
Was actually hoping for wood to break, but oh well.

Fazan will lower earth on a 5ft section of ceiling to his right.

ex cathedra
2010-08-24, 07:19 PM
What's with that roll? I thought that I was supposed to roll AC and related junk. In case I am, [roll0]. Additionally, I've still got the concealment for that magical darkness. I'll roll a d5, with any result other than 5 resulting in a hit. Does that seem fair? [roll1]

Sil immediately replies to the guard's attack with two swipes of his own.
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

If he's hit, attack at [roll6] against Will. On failure, the guard is slowed for 5 rounds.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-25, 01:54 PM
Totarika bellows down the hall in his coarse native tongue,Get the keys down here, they chained Maraka up with his own manacles! And bring reinforcements! , swirling his chain in anticipation.

Aran Banks
2010-08-25, 05:10 PM
aethernox
Yup, totally blanked on that. You dodge that with an AC of 20.

Round 4
Totarika, after looting the body, yells down the hallway in Goblin, "Get the keys down here, they chained Maraka up with his own manacles! And bring reinforcements!" and prepares himself for guards to come down the hallway.

At this time, Totarika is deftly dodging the last guard standing. After sidestepping a strike, he smiles and digs his claws into the guard's abdomen before throwing the man down.

For storytelling purposes, the sleet storm begins to die down.

As the vicious snow begins to fade away, Fazan pulls a 5ft cube of earth down on his right. He deduces, via further intellectual badassery, that the group is underground--which is why there isn't wood for a ceiling. He also feels very cold.

With all the guards within line-of-sight dead, and the room cleared, there is a quiet moment of tranquility. From totarika's end, there come voices and the clanking of armor.

---------------

You have a moment of respite. I suggest collaboration.

Malakar
2010-08-25, 08:51 PM
Fazan shouts down "We are underground!"

Then he jumps lightly to the ground and moves over to Tok's door. "Come back inside, I can buy us some time, and we'll leave by the other door."

JessGulbranson
2010-08-25, 09:36 PM
Totarika heeds the wizard's call. He hesitates only a moment, as h e contemplates finishing off the approaching guards, but thinks of a deadly number, constantly growing, that hangs heavy on his shoulders.

I am coming, brothers. Let us find the author of our suffering. And end his.

He begins to cross towards the opposite hall.

Malakar
2010-08-25, 09:53 PM
Standard action to Use Control Earth to Raise large chunk of Earth in Hallway/Doorway to seal door against oncoming guards.

ex cathedra
2010-08-26, 06:46 PM
Sil dismisses the darkness surrounding him and quickly moves back into the antechamber containing Fazan and Totarika. Initially, he's obviously somewhat taken aback with Fazan's handiwork, but he quickly begins smiling. "Excellent work. I'm Sil. I think that it's reasonable that we work together for the time being. Where do you both suggest we go from here?"

Malakar
2010-08-26, 10:44 PM
"Fazan. I can get us out of here, but it will be to a random location without any sure reference back to this location, so it's probably best to wait until we have determined the nature of this place to attempt such an escape."

Aran Banks
2010-08-28, 07:47 PM
Fazan, have you sealed off both exits?

If you have, then... wait, no, gonna wait to say that.

------------

Once that's answered, the guards will start coming.

Slightly OOC

Anybody have a specific place they'd like to pop out in, assuming Fazan uses his ability and I need to pull a deus ex machina out of my ass?

Malakar
2010-08-28, 08:33 PM
No, just the one that we heard the noise coming from. I assumed we were going to hoof it to the next one.

My plan is to determine the location we are at, or who is responsible, then port us to the Ethereal, and bring us back to the Material at whatever point we are at, 5 to 500 miles away from this place in a random direction, then we can make our way back and take sweet vengeance after investigating them and assaulting them from our own position of Strength.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-29, 02:24 PM
Anywhere would be better than in a man-sized toybox under the ground.

Aran Banks
2010-08-29, 06:59 PM
Alright..

The three of you hear guards coming down the hall. The sound of armor clanking and voices spoken in Common is muffled through the stone wall erected by Fazan. The noise isn't loud enough for you to know what's going on, but it gets quieter after 15 or 20 seconds. 10 or so seconds afterwards, similar noise begins coming from the other hallway.

You now have 30 seconds to figure out what you're going to do. Collaborate on a plan... Fazan has an idea.

Aran Banks
2010-09-02, 12:58 AM
HEY GUYS IT'S ROLEPLAYING TIME!!!

JessGulbranson
2010-09-02, 01:00 AM
This poor ignorant priest hates to presume, but I think we need to exit this place. I can... stab everyone. Totarika glances conspicuously at the now noisier corridor.

ex cathedra
2010-09-06, 01:20 AM
Sil nods quietly as he considers Fazan's reply.

"Yes, I think that you're right. A quick exit would be appropriate, but..." Sil pauses briefly, considering the situation. "I think that we've a bit more to take care of here," he continues, "because I really dislike being gagged." He grimaces as he finishes the sentence, the taste still foul on his tongue.

Sil quickly moves towards the noisy hallway, flanking one side of the doorway. "It'd be easy enough to meet them here, don't you think?"

Sil glances down the hallway, and then quickly gestures for Totarika to join him on the opposite side.