PDA

View Full Version : Prison Break OOC

Aran Banks
2010-08-16, 02:30 AM
This is the OOC thread.

First order of business: Tell me your special item (see that in the IC thread).

Second order of business: Here's another list of the character sheets.

Fazan, Etherborn Elemental Siphon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=230385)
Sil Malekith, Plantouched (Human) Shadow Warrior (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=229755)
Totarika, Hobgoblin Samurai (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=231599)

Now, discuss.

ex cathedra
2010-08-16, 04:28 AM
I think this color would be appropriate. If anyone has a problem seeing that, let me know.

I'm going to suggest that we proceed in present tense, if only to avoid changing. Objections?

As for an item that he cares about? Let's say... a pendant. A gift from a lost sibling, even. I'd like for him to have it on his person at the moment, rather than have it lost already.

I've done a bit of cleaning on my sheet, but I've performed no mechanical changes.

Malakar
2010-08-16, 08:45 AM
Color

Item: Book. Has a list of secret locations on the Ethereal Plane with stores of food and other survival gear.

Malakar
2010-08-16, 09:08 AM
Forgot number of charges on wand [roll0]

Aran Banks
2010-08-16, 12:31 PM
You guys have your colors, then. I can see them both pretty well.

A pendant for Sil, and a book of ethereal oases for Fazan. Sounds good to me.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-16, 12:35 PM
Hello, it's me. Todd Rundgren.

So, I'm ready to jump in, but as far as the item goes...? I read the Book of Gears, but maybe I got lost in the fluff and couldn't see explicit directions on what I was supposed to do as far as my magic item.

EDIT: Okay, sorry, figured it out. I'm going with some sort of lineage scroll, something that indicates my status as a samurai in Hobgoblin culture. Even though my master is dead, it still indicates who he was and is very precious to my character.

EDIT part deux: Did not pick any magic items, as I was not sure of the rules. That's what I was referring to in edit number 1. If no one objects I'd like to pick some according to whatever guidelin the DM is using, but won't have them with me.

ex cathedra
2010-08-16, 06:05 PM
Notes:

I think the term "Ancestral Sword" has caused some confusion, because as far as I can tell both Fazan and Totarika are holding the spiked chain at the moment. That's cute, but probably not what either of you meant to do.

I believe that you may pick two minor magical items. For weapons and armor, I believe this includes the normal magical enhancement plus a single minor ability, in addition to the second item, which should be something like a standard magical enhancement to Init/AC/Str, etc. I could be mistaken, though.

Aran, are there any specific rolls, checks, or actions that you'd like, or can I assume that Sil's claws would do an adequate job of severing his bonds?

JessGulbranson
2010-08-16, 06:22 PM
Yeah. Ancestral Spiked Chain. It would appear that we're bothing trying to grab it. Not sure why the wizard would bother, but that's fine. ;)

In the case of magic, I will make my chainmail +1 Ghost Touch, since it has not yet entered the realm of game actions, and my second item will be a Ring of Protection. Will change sheet accordingly.

Malakar
2010-08-16, 06:32 PM
Yeah. Ancestral Spiked Chain. It would appear that we're bothing trying to grab it. Not sure why the wizard would bother, but that's fine. ;)

Hey, not a Wizard! Also, because it's a weapon that other people can use, and if I pick it up, then other people can't use it.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-16, 06:34 PM
Spellcasters are all the same to this not-so-humble hobgob.:smallbiggrin: Moot point since I'm a gonna snatch it up anyway.

Malakar
2010-08-16, 06:38 PM
Also not a spellcaster, since I don't cast spells.

Meh, at least I get to throw you into a wall. By the way, you don't need to roll Tie Breaker init, in the event of a tie, it goes to the higher modifier, in this case you.

So: You, Shadowwarrior, Me.

ex cathedra
2010-08-16, 06:39 PM
Last time I checked, in the event of a tie, the creature/player with the higher initiative bonus goes first. Which would be you. Yes?

Edit:
I thought that Fazan was a wizard, not a ninja? :smallconfused:

JessGulbranson
2010-08-16, 06:45 PM
Okay. So it's the bonus that breaks it. Gotcha.

Okay, so it's me, Sil, Fazan.

ex cathedra
2010-08-16, 06:50 PM
Sudden awkward realization: This thread is in Ongoing games, rather than, you know (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21).

I'll allow the DM to report it to a mod, to have it moved.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-16, 06:55 PM
Okay kids, I'll be back at it later this evening. Are you waiting for me in combat, or are we wanting the DM to smooth it through? It's going to get hairy once all my AoOs starting playing through.

ex cathedra
2010-08-16, 07:10 PM
I'm waiting for the DM to inform me of the actions required to break my bonds. After that, it's mostly just resolving our actions, finding out the guards' reactions, and beginning the second round. So, yeah, take care.

Edit:

Aran: Demoralize (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/intimidate.htm) renders everyone within 30 feet shaken (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#shaken) if they fail their opposed check, for a single round. It doesn't have a large effect since the guards didn't take actions/Malakar didn't attack me, but I'm not complaining. :smallwink:

Also, (for reference) Darkness (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/darkness.htm).

Malakar
2010-08-17, 10:23 AM
Really Jess, you think my class is broken?

I have one good single target lockdown that doesn't even take away actions.

I mean, entangle isn't even as good as a debuff as Shaken, and the Shadowwarrior can do that to the entire room as a move action.

Also, it would have been nice if you guys had not immediately made it clear you were fighting the guards, thus bringing them all into this.

I was going to throw you (Which causes no damage, because it's just a bullrush) then follow up with Sleet Storm, so they would all think that we were fighting each other until we got out of there.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-17, 10:26 AM
Well, if you're being Intimidated by shadows through a blindfold, then nevermind. :smallwink:

I'm just joking with you. It's kind of the nature of the beast in this type of game, I suppose. So sayeth the complete noob/old fart.

EDIT: Oh, and this is giving me such a chance to ham it up, I love it.

ex cathedra
2010-08-17, 10:31 AM
My shaken lasts for a single round. :smallwink: The combination of Sleet Storm and your Ring of Tremorsense is absolutely sick at this level, and it honestly renders you as the only one able to participate in combat. My character doesn't really come into his own until level 6, so, at the moment, the relative power level is staggeringly in your favor.

To be fair, I didn't direct anything at the guards, unless you count the demoralize, which affects the Samurai equally. It'd affect you as well, were it not for the blindfold, but there's not much to be done about that.

Edit:
At the same time, I feel really bad for planning to pick up Imperious Command at 6...

Malakar
2010-08-17, 10:39 AM
My shaken lasts for a single round. :smallwink: The combination of Sleet Storm and your Ring of Tremorsense is absolutely sick at this level, and it honestly renders you as the only one able to participate in combat. My character doesn't really come into his own until level 6, so, at the moment, the relative power level is staggeringly in your favor.

To be fair, I didn't direct anything at the guards, unless you count the demoralize, which affects the Samurai equally. It'd affect you as well, were it not for the blindfold, but there's not much to be done about that.

Edit:
At the same time, I feel really bad for planning to pick up Imperious Command at 6...

Well, that was spur of the moment, and planned to get us out of here, IE trick the guards into thinking we fighting, then obstruct sight and get us out of here

Entangle lasts for two rounds, and Like I said, I'd rather Shaken someone than Entangle them most of the time (Exceptions for uberchargers and fear immune.)

JessGulbranson
2010-08-17, 11:16 AM
I'd rather Shaken someone than Entangle them most of the time

I am so going to write this into a song.

Aran Banks
2010-08-17, 02:29 PM
A song..? Alrighty then. Jeff Totarika Todd Samurai, I recommend using the standard action given to you to smack a guard in the face.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-17, 02:31 PM
Consider it done. And on the subject, is there a better way to be rolling multiple things? Obviously editing the post doesn't work.

Aran Banks
2010-08-17, 02:58 PM
You just make your attack roll and say "If the attack succeeds, here's damage".

You've got to plan the whole thing ahead of time. The board's system only allows rolls to be put in once to discourage honorless activity and all that jazz.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-17, 03:10 PM
Horde Breaker gives me 3 extra AoO per round. So all three are in range and are provoking AoO, so it's just a question of how much murder you'll allow me to unleash. I'll roll after that so I don't FUBAR any more rolls.

Aran Banks
2010-08-17, 05:10 PM
Ah, right, Horde Breaker.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that enough guards run through your threatened area to give you 4 AoOs. You can roll them all and see how many people you take down.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-17, 05:12 PM
How is the 50% miss chance applied? Overall, like roll 1d100, or does it halve the modifier?

Aran Banks
2010-08-17, 07:58 PM
1d100, I took the lower rolls. Those being your 1st and 3rd.

JessGulbranson
2010-08-18, 03:38 PM
Who's up? You guys aren't waiting for me, are you?

Malakar
2010-08-18, 05:06 PM
Your turn, then Aeth, then me.

JessGulbranson
2010-09-05, 10:21 PM
So is this game dead? What's going on?

ex cathedra
2010-09-05, 10:33 PM
I'm attending college, and the new semester started near the end of last month. As usual, I wasn't quite prepared for the demands classes would put upon my schedule, and as usual I wasn't as active here as I should have been.

Sorry.

Anyways, I've got everything under control until mid-terms, I think, so I'm ready to continue. I'll post sometime tonight.

Aran Banks
2010-09-06, 10:56 PM
ah-har!

Alright, sounds good.

Malakar
2010-09-10, 07:25 PM
So... Are we waiting on someone then?

As far as I can tell, we are just waiting on the attack squad that we can't escape.

JessGulbranson
2010-09-10, 10:20 PM
That's what I was waiting for. I'm all out of pithy hobgoblin-accented sayings until I kill again. ;)