PDA

View Full Version : Good Races and Templates for 3.5 "Sumo"

Tokuhara
2010-08-16, 06:19 PM
One of my players REALLY wants to play a sumo wrestler, and plans to use Unarmed Swordsage and one of his homebrew Sumo-themed ToB PrCs that is focused on Stone Dragon and gives SS a few Iron Heart maneuvers.

However, he wants to be as big as possible for as few LA as possible. He wants to be an E. Honda/Rikishi/Yokozuna-type guy.

Sinfonian
2010-08-16, 06:30 PM
Does he want to actually be large or just count as large for the purposes of mechanics?

If he just wants to count as large when it's beneficial, he could be a Goliath or find a way to get the Jotunbrud regional feat ruled in.

As for actually being large, I don't know what the best choice is and will leave that to more informed people.

Tokuhara
2010-08-16, 06:35 PM
Does he want to actually be large or just count as large for the purposes of mechanics?

If he just wants to count as large when it's beneficial, he could be a Goliath or find a way to get the Jotunbrud regional feat ruled in.

As for actually being large, I don't know what the best choice is and will leave that to more informed people.

He actually wants to stack size, assumed size, and has taken my good-guy variant of Willing Deformity (Obese): Willing Devotion (Obese) [he worships Dionysis]

Sinfonian
2010-08-16, 06:44 PM
If he's size stacking, he will want to look into finding a way to manifest the psionic power Expansion, perhaps through a psionic item.

Also, I don't know why I didn't think about it before, but if you don't mind an incredibly powerful template being used, look at Half-Minotaur. It gives large size and quite powerful stat boosts for +1 LA.

Tokuhara
2010-08-16, 11:07 PM
If he's size stacking, he will want to look into finding a way to manifest the psionic power Expansion, perhaps through a psionic item.

Also, I don't know why I didn't think about it before, but if you don't mind an incredibly powerful template being used, look at Half-Minotaur. It gives large size and quite powerful stat boosts for +1 LA.

1. No Psionics. The campaign has no psions. There are psionic monsters, just psionic classes/NPCs were wiped out.

2. I personally banned that template, seeing how overtly broken it is. He asked if he could do an Incarnate Maug Half-Ogre (1 LA). I almost fainted when he asked to do this...