PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Pacts...4E

NoAdvantageBP
2010-08-16, 06:52 PM
I have wondered. Can a Warlock take on any power and only gain the pact benefit if they are of that pact, or can warlocks only take on powers that are have their pact included?

Fri
2010-08-16, 06:56 PM
At first I'm confused at what you're trying to ask. But I think what you're trying to ask is whether warlock pact means that you can only take powers from that pact or whether you can take any warlock powers and the pact just gives you bonus.

I never played a warlock, but yes, I think you can take any power and the pact just gives you bonuses. But the warlock pact determines one of your at-will power at least.

Boci
2010-08-16, 06:58 PM
Fri is correct. Do note however that some powers are more powerful if you have the same pact.

Master_Rahl22
2010-08-16, 09:59 PM
Yes, choosing your pact determines your boon and one At-Will, but that's all. You can choose any powers you like, only some will be better depending on the pact you have.

In general, it's best to pick the pact you will want for Heroic Tier and the one that will qualify you for the PP you want since once you reach Paragon you can just take the Twofold Pact feat and get the At-Will and boon of another pact.