PDA

View Full Version : NWN 2 conundrum

Project_Mayhem
2010-08-17, 07:36 AM
I reinstalled Neverwinter Nights 2 last night, 'cause I never got round to finishing it last time. Everything was going fine until I went to the Inn where you meet Khelgar for the first time, at which point the textures completely failed to load.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/billyadavies/glitch.jpg
like so

The same thing happened in the other outdoor areas I checked. This didn't happen last time I installed it, and I haven't changed my hardware since. Is this a known bug?

dsmiles
2010-08-17, 07:43 AM
Ouch. Even MY computer runs it better than that. I've never seen that happen before. Did you check the website to see if they have a support forum?
That looks like a bigger issue, or maybe the default settings for the graphics are set as "Low."

Project_Mayhem
2010-08-17, 07:49 AM
It was even worse at the fort. Although strangely beautiful. I'll get a screen cap.

And they probably do have a support forum - however, it probably doesn't move as fast as this one. I'll check it as well.

And nah, I fiddled with the graphics settings first.

Edit:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the elemental plane of air

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/billyadavies/Glitch2.jpg

Project_Mayhem
2010-08-17, 08:22 AM
NWN forums suggest its a problem with NVIDIA. If anyone was interested

dsmiles
2010-08-17, 08:28 AM
Hmm. Good thing i have only integrated graphics controllers on my off-the-shelf PCs.

Project_Mayhem
2010-08-17, 08:49 AM
Yeah, fixed. It's the latest driver update apparently. NWN doesn't like it. I had to rollback to the last one

J.Gellert
2010-08-17, 05:36 PM
If anyone's using the toolset, the bug appears on areas that don't have horizon backgrounds for north, south, east, and west. But I think NVidia just managed to deliver the coup de grace to a quickly dying game :smalltongue:

Breltar
2010-08-18, 03:29 PM
I think it is a combination of a game made for xp when vista was first coming out and the fact that video cards are now well beyond the graphics that game used.

NWN2 needs an update since it still has issues with vista and now 7. I am waiting for them to fix them but I have a feeling it will never happen. Pity since I always seem to have ideas to apply to that toolset.

Kesnit
2010-08-18, 05:37 PM
NWN2 needs an update since it still has issues with vista and now 7. I am waiting for them to fix them but I have a feeling it will never happen. Pity since I always seem to have ideas to apply to that toolset.

Obsidian CANNOT patch the game. Hasbro took Atari to court over the D&D video game license. Until that is resolved, nothing can be done officially to NWN2.

Breltar
2010-08-18, 09:23 PM
Obsidian CANNOT patch the game. Hasbro took Atari to court over the D&D video game license. Until that is resolved, nothing can be done officially to NWN2.

Ah, I was wondering since I had heard another company was talking about making a new D&D MMO or something of that sort.