PDA

View Full Version : High LA/Low CR templates?

Morph Bark
2010-08-17, 09:07 AM
I'm looking for templates that add a whole lot of LA onto a creature, but don't relatively increase the CR a lot, like the Vampire template, where the difference between LA and CR increases is 6.

What other templates have a big difference? Preferably greater than 2, since most templates I know have a difference of 2.

Morph Bark
2010-08-17, 03:34 PM
What, noone who can help me out here? :smallfrown:

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-17, 03:45 PM
I'm sure there are a decent amount of them, I have a big list of templates, let me look through it.

I see a couple difference of 3 (+4 LA but only +1 CR) for very low HD's (Half-Celestial, Half-Fiend, Alu Demon, Lemorian) what level is this for?

Jjeinn-tae
2010-08-17, 04:18 PM
Fetch from Dragon 313, essentially Half-Ghost has a difference of 4.
Katane from Dragon 313, Half-Vampire has a difference of 3.

Elemental creatures (from Manual of the Planes) can have a difference of 3, as do Axiomatic and Anarchic Creatures from the same.

Corrupted from Dragon 350 (twisted/insane versions of the creature) have a difference of 3,

Savage Vampires from Dragon 348 have a difference of 4.

...Shadow Vampires, also from Dragon 348, have a difference of 8 :smallconfused:
Terror Vampires, Dragon 347 have a difference of 7...

Scion of Kyuss, Dragon 321, difference of 4.

Ghosts have a difference of 3, as do Ghost Brutes from Libris Mortis.

Suel Lich, Dragon 339, difference of 3.

Hmm, getting tired of this, non of them that I've listed have more than CR 3, though some of them need to be a high level.

Thurbane
2010-08-17, 05:01 PM
When I get a chance, I'm going to compile a master list of templates, and post it up. Won't go into details, just basics (mainly LA & CR, and who/what is elligible). In the vein of the "X stat to Y bonus" thread.

Crystal Keep lists are great, but they miss quite a few of the later 3.5 books.

Morph Bark
2010-08-17, 05:33 PM
I'm sure there are a decent amount of them, I have a big list of templates, let me look through it.

I see a couple difference of 3 (+4 LA but only +1 CR) for very low HD's (Half-Celestial, Half-Fiend, Alu Demon, Lemorian) what level is this for?

I am thinking of just making 1-HD creatures with an ECL of 20 this way, but those would probably be disposed of all too soon. The idea is that they'd pose challenges to low-level groups but not too much, fluff-wise being that they are experiments or subjects of breeding programs of sorts.

...Shadow Vampires, also from Dragon 348, have a difference of 8 :smallconfused:

Oh. Oh wow. That's... a big difference. :smalleek:

Hm, perhaps it is easier to just search for templates with huge LAs and disregard CR somewhat.

When I get a chance, I'm going to compile a master list of templates, and post it up. Won't go into details, just basics (mainly LA & CR, and who/what is elligible). In the vein of the "X stat to Y bonus" thread.

That'd be very nice, indeed. :smallsmile: