PDA

View Full Version : ClericZilla

Man With Dog
2010-08-17, 11:36 AM
An earlier post i made went off topic and ended up on ClericZilla
(this was a good thing though)
But, as it wasnt titled anything about Clerics it may have been missed by people who know about these things, thankfully some of you did see the change.

I was looking to make a Cleric into a Front rank fighter or as close to those lines as i could. It would start as level 1 - and would have access to most books (no ToB or MoI or Psionics)

I seen a possible starting point was:
Human Cleric
1) Persistent Spell
H) Extra Turning
3) Divine Metamagic (Persistant Spell)

Domains - Mainly planning for Extend Spell.

Any other tips on a good domain and where to head in future with this class?

All tips will be greatly appreciated

Sliver
2010-08-17, 11:41 AM
Undeath domain (SpC) for extra turning?

Tinydwarfman
2010-08-17, 11:48 AM
Of course, if your DM plays with gods and their domains, good luck finding a god with both Planning and Undeath. Also Cmp. Champion has Devotion feats, which are very nice for a melee cleric, and you can trade one of your domains for the appropriate Devotion feat if you want. The Cleric Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=420.0) has all the info you need and more.

Man With Dog
2010-08-17, 11:50 AM
Undeath domain (SpC) for extra turning?

That one was suggested recently in the later part of that ther thread too - apparently the god may be hard to find for that though.

Is it worth the Trading a Domain for the appropriate devotion feat?

Man With Dog
2010-08-17, 11:51 AM
Of course, if your DM plays with gods and their domains, good luck finding a god with both Planning and Undeath. Also Cmp. Champion has Devotion feats, which are very nice for a melee cleric, and you can trade one of your domains for the appropriate Devotion feat if you want. The Cleric Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=420.0) has all the info you need and more.

This is from the other thread i mentioned hehe.

Thanks tinydwarfman - i just highlighted that in here too.

Is the trading domain worth it or bes tot keep the domain itself?

Greenish
2010-08-17, 11:56 AM
Is the trading domain worth it or bes tot keep the domain itself?That depends on the domain. Not all domains are equal, and not all devotion feats are equal.

Sliver
2010-08-17, 11:57 AM
You can always (when you are allowed to) make up a concept that fits both planning and undeath. The concept of lichdome is a popular one.

Man With Dog
2010-08-17, 12:31 PM
That depends on the domain. Not all domains are equal, and not all devotion feats are equal.

There are some weird ones yeah - does it have to be a specific Devotion Feat i take for a domain - after reading yes it does.

So does the initial run of feats i picked work or is there a better start?

Any tips on future levels would be good too :smallsmile:

aeauseth
2010-08-17, 05:54 PM
Your post didn't say anything about multiclassing so I presume you would prefer a straight cleric.

A cleric doesn't get any class abilities beyond level 1, so you should try to get into a full casting prestige class ASAP. Google for the "Cleric Handbook" to find some general recommendations.

A shortlist of PrCs you might consider: Divine Oracle, Church Inquisitor, Sacred Exorcist.

Man With Dog
2010-08-17, 06:04 PM
Your post didn't say anything about multiclassing so I presume you would prefer a straight cleric.

A cleric doesn't get any class abilities beyond level 1, so you should try to get into a full casting prestige class ASAP. Google for the "Cleric Handbook" to find some general recommendations.

A shortlist of PrCs you might consider: Divine Oracle, Church Inquisitor, Sacred Exorcist.

I would happily PrC if it aided my Melee too as i dont plan on being the healer at all. If possibe....
Its a new Class for me - i am trying all the classes now so i can get proper experience with them. And Cleric may well be getting its turn now.