PDA

View Full Version : DruiZard (Build idea, 3.5)

The-Mage-King
2010-08-17, 01:18 PM
Alright, so we all know about the fearsome might of the terrible Druidzilla.

And we know of the power of the Wizard.

So...

How do we get one character with 19/17 casting?

The really important stuff for this:

-------------------------------
Level 1: Elf Wizard 1 (Preferably grey Elf, with the Substitution level from RoW). 1st level Feats: Precocious Apprentice. Skills: Know. (Arcana, Nature, Religion)

Level 2: Druid 1. Skills: Know. (Arcana, Nature, Religion) (5 Ranks each)

Level 3: Druid 2. Skills: Know. (Arcana, Nature, Religion) (6 Ranks Each)

Level 4: Druid 3. Skills: Know. (Arcana, Nature) (7 Ranks Each)

Level 5: Mystic Theurge 1. Skills: Know. (Arcana, Nature) (8 Ranks Each)

Level 6: Mystic Theurge 2.

Level 7: Mystic Theurge 3.

Level 8: Mystic Theurge 4/ Arcane Hierophant 1 (if Fractional BAB is in play)

Level 9: Arcane Hierophant 1/ ArcHei 2 (if Fractional BAB is in play)

Level 10: Arcane Hierophant 2/ ArcHei 3 (if Fractional BAB is in play)

Level 11: Arcane Hierophant 3/ ArcHei 4(if Fractional BAB is in play)

Level 12: Arcane Hierophant 4/ ArcHei 5 (if Fractional BAB is in play)

Level 13: Arcane Hierophant 5/ ArcHei 6 (if Fractional BAB is in play)

Level 14: Arcane Hierophant 6/ ArcHei 7 (if Fractional BAB is in play)

Level 15: Arcane Hierophant 7/ ArcHei 8 (if Fractional BAB is in play)

Level 16: Arcane Hierophant 8/ ArcHei 9 (if Fractional BAB is in play)

Level 17: Arcane Hierophant 9/ ArcHei 10 (if Fractional BAB is in play)

Level 18: Arcane Hierophant 10/ Mystic Theurge 4 (if Fractional BAB is in play)

Level 19: Mystic Theurge 5

Level 20: Mystic Theurge 6

-------------------------------

So, looking over this, we have:

Wizard Casting as though level 17

Druid Casting as though level 19

A downright nasty familiar/animal companion.

And that's without factoring in all the feats, skill points, and other.

Sure, it's MAD, but it's only Int and Wis, and your race gives you a boost to one of them...

Any thoughts on how to improve it?

Ernir
2010-08-17, 01:28 PM
Hmm. If you use an early entry method for MT other than Precocious Apprentice (like Sanctum Spell or Earth Spell), you can get into it at level 4, giving you an extra level of Wizard spellcasting.

This is a tried and true build, as far as I know. Nothing wrong with it.

PId6
2010-08-17, 01:30 PM
Go Wizard 2/Druid 1/MT 7/Arcane Hierophant 10, using Sanctum Spell to qualify. You can even go Wiz 1/Dru 1/MT 8/AH 10 if you use cheesier methods (Inspire Greatness + PsyRef).

Forever Curious
2010-08-17, 01:30 PM
Why not replace Druid with Archivist to get cleric AND druid spells and removing MAD?

The-Mage-King
2010-08-17, 01:32 PM
Really?

I didn't know that...

Well, any feat suggestions for everything exept level 1?

EDIT: Because you need the Trackless Step Class Feature for Arcane Hierophant, and Druid 3's the only way to get it, other than Ranger. You also need a BAB of +4, which led to the notes for fractional BAB...

TooManyBadgers
2010-08-17, 01:32 PM
Why not replace Druid with Archivist to get cleric AND druid spells and removing MAD?

If you do this, Bamboo Spirit Folk from Oriental Adventures should still allow AH entry.

Tengu_temp
2010-08-17, 01:33 PM

Because Arcane Hierophant advances and requires druid casting, not any divine casting.

Ernir
2010-08-17, 01:34 PM
Because Arcane Heirophant requires the Trackless Step class feature.

Which also means that PI and I fail completely. I thought AH required Woodland Stride, not Trackless step, which means entering earlier than Druid 3 is not feasible.

EDIT:
Because Arcane Hierophant advances and requires druid casting, not any divine casting.

Nope, it advances any divine casting.

The-Mage-King
2010-08-17, 01:36 PM
Yeah... Anyway, feats to make this thing more powerfull?

Given my title for it, I'm thinking some that will give it flight and fire based attacks...

PId6
2010-08-17, 01:40 PM
Bamboo Spirit Folk from OA gets Trackless Step. It's a very mediocre race in terms of pretty much not getting anything, but does satisfy the requirement of AH.

Ernir
2010-08-17, 01:47 PM
Bamboo Spirit Folk from OA gets Trackless Step. It's a very mediocre race in terms of pretty much not getting anything, but does satisfy the requirement of AH.

It almost satisfies the requirement, if you ask me.
AH asks for not any Trackless Step, but the Trackless Step class feature. :smallmad:

PId6
2010-08-17, 01:49 PM
It almost satisfies the requirement, if you ask me.
AH asks for not any Trackless Step, but the Trackless Step class feature. :smallmad:
Ewww. :smallyuk:

FMArthur
2010-08-17, 02:18 PM
Positively easy! It's not even notable until you're doing something completely ridiculous with it. For example:

Psion 1/Druid 5/Planar Shepherd 5/Beholder Mage 2/Arcane Hierophant 7

COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS :smallcool:

Greenish
2010-08-17, 02:26 PM
Alright, so we all know about the fearsome might of the terrible Druidzilla.

And we know of the power of the Wizard.

So...

How do we get one character with 19/17 casting?The key behind druid's power is it's nature as a triple-threat, and even though the casting is no slouch, tagging it along with wizard isn't a huge power bump compared to a high level wizard (not to mention PrC'ed one), being still most limited by actions instead of spell slots or spells known.

FMArthur
2010-08-17, 02:30 PM
The key behind druid's power is it's nature as a triple-threat, and even though the casting is no slouch, tagging it along with wizard isn't a huge power bump compared to a high level wizard (not to mention PrC'ed one), being still most limited by actions instead of spell slots or spells known.

This is a very funny thing to come right after my post. :smallbiggrin:

Keld Denar
2010-08-17, 02:46 PM
Its ok...when I saw Beholder Mage in your post, my vision went fuzzy and I just kept scrolling down the page! :smallcool:

Greenish
2010-08-17, 02:50 PM
This is a very funny thing to come right after my post. :smallbiggrin:That monstrosity is quite a bit more than just wizard and druid casting put together, though.