PDA

View Full Version : [AFMBE] All Flesh oneshot optimization?

mjames
2010-08-17, 07:57 PM
I'm going to be doing a one shot of All Flesh tonight (might run a few sessions)... Does anyone know of anyway to optimize in that game? I am a Normal Human and have 14 character points for Attributes and have 2 bonus drawback/qualities points for being a heavy smoker... As far as i've been told drawbacks are kinda like flaws in 3.5...

mjames
2010-08-17, 09:06 PM
I'll take that as a no... lol

Aroka
2010-08-17, 09:23 PM
You bumped a thread an hour after you made it? Seriously?

Optimize for what? Take your maximum allowed drawbacks and spend your points on skills you need. The system is really simple like that. Better to put silly ideas of optimizing out of your head and just make a character that fits the scenario and that'll be fun to roleplay out; zombie survival is all about what people do in extreme circumstances. (Seriously, the zombies are always a backdrop to an examination of humanity.)

mjames
2010-08-17, 10:34 PM
Yeah, it was more of a "Oh I guess the playgrounders on don't play that much."

I kinda figured it was more about the roleplay and fun, which should be the point of all games anyway.

Guess I'll just see what fun qualities to take. The main question I was thinking of was what is a good primary attribute? Or what's a good set for a 14 point attr buy.

The Glyphstone
2010-08-17, 10:38 PM
High stats in whatever is the Stamina/health stat of AFMBE, and whatever is the Charisma-equivalent. You will get bitten eventually, so this will let you survive the infection the longest and keep the other survivors in the dark that you got bitten the longest.:smallcool::smallbiggrin:

Aroka
2010-08-17, 10:49 PM
Guess I'll just see what fun qualities to take. The main question I was thinking of was what is a good primary attribute? Or what's a good set for a 14 point attr buy.

That depends on what you want to do. Seriously, what other answer could there be? Any one attribute is mostly useless to someone (well, except Con, I suppose, but Hard to Kill is cheaper).

If you want to smash things with your hands, Str. If you want to shoot things, Dex. If you want to figure out things, Int. And so on. Skills are waaaay more important anyway; your stats will pretty much be 1-4, probably 2-3 unless you want to RP a serious deficiency in one, but skills can be 1-5 and you get 35+ points for them if you're a Norm.