PDA

View Full Version : Mounts of Awesomeness

Gravious
2010-08-17, 08:58 PM
So, I've been through a few "This would be AWESOME to have as a mount" ideas with my rather lenient DM, who lets us do practically everything so long as we have the near-trillions of platinum pieces to pay for our more... extravagant ideas. Fortunately for me, we have no Paladin in our party (We're all CN) and just finished raiding the bank AND merchant guild office in the largest city we've been through... and I decided that I can afford an awesome mount at this point. Here are the ideas I've come up with: Flying Airbreathing Krakken, Gelatinous Cube (with appropriate saddle to avid being absorbed), Tarasque, Beholder. Any other suggestions?

Fouredged Sword
2010-08-17, 09:07 PM
Awakened Dire Hamster with levels of psi/war and expansion!

Lysander
2010-08-17, 09:43 PM
Ghost Celestial Charger, you with a ghost touch saddle to stay on.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-08-17, 09:44 PM
Gelatinous Cube (with appropriate saddle to avid being absorbed)

Actually, they've already made something of this nature in the Arms and Equipment Guide, if memory serves. The saddle is actually a medallion that creates a force-bubble around you to prevent you from being absorbed, and you ride inside the cube. You steer it by yelling at the top of your lungs and banging on the sides of the air bubble, since with you inside it everything tastes like food, forcing it to rely on vibrations to navigate.

Gravious
2010-08-17, 09:51 PM
My DM was saying something about that... hmm.... if it doesn't take me being an Epic level I was thinking I'd go with the Tarasque.

FelixG
2010-08-17, 09:55 PM
Rust Monster

Mystic Muse
2010-08-17, 10:17 PM
My DM was saying something about that... hmm.... if it doesn't take me being an Epic level I was thinking I'd go with the Tarasque.

Since there's only one I'd say that yes, it would take epic level.

Darius Rae
2010-08-17, 10:27 PM
Rust Monster

And then add templates to taste.

ShadowsGrnEyes
2010-08-17, 10:29 PM
10 Headed Pyro Hydra with the aberrant template. . . and just for the heck of it, make it a half dragon!

Bonus! it comes in colors!

Andion Isurand
2010-08-17, 11:13 PM
I wish I could combine a cohort mount with class levels... gained from leadership... for use in this class... http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031209a

Balain
2010-08-18, 01:38 AM
As everyone knows the most awesome mount of all time is the wiener dog

Gravious
2010-08-18, 01:47 AM
Just contacted my DM... turns out that he will NOT allow a level 3 to ride into battle on a Tarrasque. Lame. He WILL, however, allow me to have a Flying, Airbreathing Krakken, and he says that he even has the template for it.... my guess is that it'll have a Grapple Modifyer of at LEAST 100.

FelixG
2010-08-18, 01:57 AM
Just contacted my DM... turns out that he will NOT allow a level 3 to ride into battle on a Tarrasque. Lame. He WILL, however, allow me to have a Flying, Airbreathing Krakken, and he says that he even has the template for it.... my guess is that it'll have a Grapple Modifyer of at LEAST 100.

You should tell him you want to ride into battle on the Terrasque...once :P it will figure it out fairly quickly grab you off his head and eat you.

Rhydeble
2010-08-18, 02:26 AM
I second the rust monster idea.