PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Summoner feat help

soulsabre345
2010-08-17, 10:14 PM
I'm planning on taking a summoner from 1-20, using the variant class option for half-elves to get EWP spiked chain and using the eidolon as a mount. So, as of right now the current feats i'm looking at is spell focus (conjuration), augment summoning, improved share spells, power attack, and cleave. Potentially mounted combat and trick riding. What else would be good options though, and what would be better options?

Also, i'm still looking at roles the summoner can fufill when not buffing, so if you have another idea besides wands please voice it :smallsmile:

Starbuck_II
2010-08-17, 10:57 PM
I'm planning on taking a summoner from 1-20, using the variant class option for half-elves to get EWP spiked chain and using the eidolon as a mount. So, as of right now the current feats i'm looking at is spell focus (conjuration), augment summoning, improved share spells, power attack, and cleave. Potentially mounted combat and trick riding. What else would be good options though, and what would be better options?

Also, i'm still looking at roles the summoner can fufill when not buffing, so if you have another idea besides wands please voice it :smallsmile:

Wait, Curious here why Augment summoning?
It doesn't apply to Eidolon. Oh and lastest issue; you can't have Eidolon oyut at same time as SLA summoning.

You can summon with spells/day though.

Kalrik
2010-08-17, 11:17 PM
I am not a fan of the summoner. It didn't match my idea of what a summoner should be, however, I have not played one yet and will reserve judgement until I have done so.

If you are going to be fighting with a weapon from your edilon, toughness is not a bad idea...neither are the armored mage feats. No spell armor and more hitpoints don't hurt anything.

The teamwork feats are also not bad since you and your edilon will be up close and personal you don't need anyone else to help you meet the requirements for activating the feat. Take Gang Up so that your dinky 2d4 smI wolves let you and your edilon flank and get Precise Strike damage.

Other than that, I am not so sure. I feel that the Inquisitor was the gem out of the APG and haven't given the summoner more than a token reading. I will have to give it another more in-depth look later.

soulsabre345
2010-08-18, 10:20 AM
The teamwork feats i might look into a bit more. As for the armored mage, do you mean arcane armor mastery? even with the 2 feats it's still only 20% reduction in ASF and the ones with a greater than +4 armor bonus have more than 20% ASF. As for toughness..i have a bit of a problem with a feat that just gives you +1 hp/lvl

For augment summoning, i thought that it worked with the eidolon? oh well, there's 2 feats i can easily dump. I know the summoner isn't quite a 'summoner' in the sense, but i love the idea of the eidolon so that's why i'm going to try to play one

Thefurmonger
2010-08-18, 10:22 AM
Augment summoning does not work with your main pet but it still works fine with your summon monster SLA.

with the duration bump on your summons that will get used a LOT.

soulsabre345
2010-08-18, 10:32 AM
ok, point taken, but it still holds i can probably not have those 2 feats be the absolute first ones i pick like i thought i'd need to. (supposedly summon monster 3 is when it starts becoming really useful, before then it's kind of meh)

Thefurmonger
2010-08-18, 10:56 AM
Also if you are doing the 3.5 is ok too thing then Beckon the frozen is really good too and needs aug summoning as a pre-req